72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
72006055877__062388AD-DD73-4BF2-B7C2-ADDE506236F7 (resized).jpeg
72006054552__F054453A-FA7A-444A-8D8E-C537BEA7F54B (resized).jpeg
72006132300__56EDFC9B-6A94-4210-8F77-E3DD36AD6B46 (resized).jpeg
72006132840__8030AA8B-1264-4AFD-AC22-3E59F6990CAF (resized).jpeg
72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2330 (resized).jpeg
There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 3 months ago

Keep'm coming.

#252 3 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I was wondering if anyone has tried the necrometer app, by the way.

I have not seen this particular app but have seen other "ghost" apps and I would be very skeptical. I think these things are more like party gags.

#253 3 months ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

I have not seen this particular app but have seen other "ghost" apps and I would be very skeptical. I think these things are more like party gags.

They sure do appear to be. This one has been showing different results imo, but probably still seem more like entertainment.

#254 3 months ago

I have a few more things coming. I am perplexed. I never saw anything like this before.

#255 3 months ago

So I will continue.
Let’s talk about the shadows in my apartment complex.

I live in a place about 210 apartments in two four floor buildings. Brand new last 8 years built.

I have walked around my building about the tune of 50 miles of rehab. Many of the times simply walking around without my cane in a square on my floor. Each side is about 20 apartments and doors.

One time as I walked towards my apartment about a year ago, I saw a shadow move across the wall in front of me.

There was no one there to block any light source except for me and I was 20 feet away.

I noticed a shadow, I walked where it was and looked up and around.

I know this shadow is probably explainable. I kept it in the back of my mind. I began to write it into my horror.

-This fiction story based on all of this is called “The Shadows Begin To Appear”
I began to conceive it after this.

Now, about the trash room.

The trash room is located next to the elevator it has a timer light. It has chutes down for both trash and recyclables.

Once in the small trash room, the light went out on me. It was pitch black. I did not panic, I am real handicapped, but I did not panic and turned the light back on.

That incident will be in my horror fiction as well. Very nice.

I started to notice the hair standing up on my next and arms occasionally in the trash room. In real life.

I find it sort of fascinating. What the hell is making my nerves react?

A friend said that is fear, but I disagree in my case. It is weird as hell, but I am not afraid.

Sometimes it is a feeling that is in that area, sometimes not.

So the other day, while walking to the trash room elevator area, I saw a shadow in the wall 2 feet from my face.

Again, it could have been a normal shadow but it was accompanied by the hairs on my neck standing up.

A few days later I stepped into the elevator to go down to ground floor and leave. When I entered the elevator I swear I felt something there with me. I looked at the empty elevator and the hairs stood on end.

I walked out at the bottom. I really have never felt anything like this. It really makes me wonder about my brain now. I’ve had three brain surgeries. I feel better than ever and I’m very lucky, but what is all this.

I pray a lot, and I love horror so we have some dichotomies.

I have at least one more story.

Different location same subject.

IMG_2323 (resized).jpegIMG_2323 (resized).jpegIMG_2324 (resized).jpegIMG_2324 (resized).jpegIMG_2325 (resized).jpegIMG_2325 (resized).jpegIMG_2326 (resized).jpegIMG_2326 (resized).jpegIMG_2327 (resized).jpegIMG_2327 (resized).jpegIMG_2328 (resized).jpegIMG_2328 (resized).jpegIMG_2330 (resized).jpegIMG_2330 (resized).jpeg
#256 3 months ago

I am revisiting this whole thread. The input here is fantastic. Your stories and opinions are great imo. I might be the man in the maze. Bought in 5th grade.

IMG_2130 (resized).jpegIMG_2130 (resized).jpeg

#257 3 months ago

I’m not sure I’m going to mess around with that necrometer.
I am interested In sensing things you might not be able to see, but I’m thinking some kind of legit fluke meter or something that could be shared as facts if such facts were found.

#258 3 months ago

My third story involves pinball. Again, it was this past year. Will post by tomorrow morning. This a picture of the setting!

72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
#259 3 months ago

Ok, this is my favorite thing that has happened to me this last year.
If you would I would ask to kind of not say anything about this. I will explain at the end.
I had begun going to my friends arcade prior to the league at ayci gogi. I play in the empty arcade for a couple hours before we head over.

The ware house is split into at least two areas and the actual show room, and the more populated warehouse area with repair stations, the area everyone works all day.

The building has been inhabited by my friend for about twenty years.

I have been visiting 3 times a year for about 15 years now.

I would arrive at the main area, say hello and then get access to the showroom which was completely empty except for me.

I have a great time playing a dozen different games from Dolly Parton to venom. I feel very fortunate to be spending this time here.

So I head down a short hallway to where a bathroom sits at the end.

A tingle ran up my spine and the hairs on my arms and neck stood up.

I instinctively walked away around the corner. The feeling went away. I thought to myself, if this is real, to you should be able to duplicate this right now.

So I walked right back over to hallway. Sure enough hairs standing again fully.

I proceeded to use the restroom at the end and felt nothing but relief.

I continue to play games and I was playing a new Jurassic ark with new code.
Behind me was a video game in the aisle too close my butt hits it while I play.

As I’m playing I look over my shoulder and I swear I saw the opaque silhouette of a figure leaning over beside the video game watching me play.

No eyes completely opaque and gone when I looked a second time.

I tried not to get freaked out. I played for at least one more hour seeing nothing and having fun.

I asked my friend if he had ever seen anything here and he said “never”.

That was the last I mentioned it because I don’t want to freak anyone out there.

So I went back about one month later.

Same exact scenario, I look down the hall.
Nada.
Nothing.

All good I start playing games. I move around a lot, leave my cane somewhere and then find it later.
I had these brain surgeries and losing my cane can make me a little freaked out.

I left my cane in such a way, found it and continued playing moving the cane with me.

I’m playing venom, I play a few games and look for my cane. It’s gone.
A weird twinge of fear, but again I’m not freaking out, just looking around for my cane.

I hear a gentle tingle of my cane rapping on a machine behind me.

It was hanging on Austen powers when it did that.

I tend to want to believe things can be explained, but one thing is for sure;
Austen powers does not have a shaker installed.

Just a gentle tingle telling me where my cane was.

So now this is my favorite arcade of all time.

My personal Haunted Arcade. This is all true I’m not making stuff up. That will be published later.

Horror fiction will be inspired by all of this.

72006051719__6ABBCAA6-BC6E-491D-8865-1D49DA082635 (resized).jpeg72006051719__6ABBCAA6-BC6E-491D-8865-1D49DA082635 (resized).jpeg72006054552__F054453A-FA7A-444A-8D8E-C537BEA7F54B (resized).jpeg72006054552__F054453A-FA7A-444A-8D8E-C537BEA7F54B (resized).jpeg72006055877__062388AD-DD73-4BF2-B7C2-ADDE506236F7 (resized).jpeg72006055877__062388AD-DD73-4BF2-B7C2-ADDE506236F7 (resized).jpeg72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg72006132300__56EDFC9B-6A94-4210-8F77-E3DD36AD6B46 (resized).jpeg72006132300__56EDFC9B-6A94-4210-8F77-E3DD36AD6B46 (resized).jpeg72006132840__8030AA8B-1264-4AFD-AC22-3E59F6990CAF (resized).jpeg72006132840__8030AA8B-1264-4AFD-AC22-3E59F6990CAF (resized).jpeg72006133654__01D521C9-F5EC-4E9C-B356-F5F6B477366C (resized).jpeg72006133654__01D521C9-F5EC-4E9C-B356-F5F6B477366C (resized).jpeg72006135550__61D9ECC9-9C69-43DB-9905-B96A281787D6 (resized).jpeg72006135550__61D9ECC9-9C69-43DB-9905-B96A281787D6 (resized).jpeg
#260 3 months ago

Ugh I want a haunted arcade! Some people have all the luck

#261 3 months ago

About 25 years ago I was on a job site where one of the workers fell from the 5th floor.
I was there when the tried to resuscitate him. Face was completely white and blood was coming from his ears. He was dead.
Afterwards I would go in by myself on the weekends to work.(trying to get pinball money.)
All of the hair on my neck and arms would stand up. And it just felt creepy, not scary creepy.
25 years later I’m back on the same job, have come full circle. Everyone from security down to the workers, swear that this place is haunted. I’ve always known.
About a week ago I was on the third floor walking to the restroom. I heard a voice say “hey”
I acknowledged that I heard, and proceeded to the restroom. As. Entered the stall, there was indiscernible whispering in my ear.
I was like nope, nope, nope, getting the f Outa here. Not super scary just super creepy.

Yesterday, I was lying on top of some ductwork, trying to screw an escutcheon to the wall.
I kicked all of my screws to the floor on accident. Then I see a hand with a grey glove reach up from the other side of the duct. I watched it drop the screws on the duct.
I totally thought it was helper , but he was in a meeting . And the ladder was not in a position where someone could have climbed up the backside to put the screws back on the duct .
There is always peripheral people ..

Added 84 days ago:

My wife who cleans rooms at the hospital, said she gets freaked out when someone dies in the ICU, and immediately she goes to clean it… but she just revealed to me, that a patient recently died , and she went to clean his room. She heard a voice in her ear “tell my family that I love them”…
She never speaks about this type of stuff, but yeah there is life after death.

#262 3 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I just asked my wife last time she heard something and she said about a month ago. She claims she heard the flippers going when the machines were turned off downstairs. I asked if she went downstairs to investigate and she said "hell no!"
I also asked her if we should place a camera downstairs and she isn't interested. She also says this only happens when I'm at work (I work nightshifts). I seem to be immune to these happenings.

Camera that!

#263 3 months ago

This is a great topic. Please add your stories if you got em. I would love to hear your updates in the past few years since i started this thread.

I’m not sure I mentioned this:
I was in my way home in a Lyft car.

The driver, a fairly young guy says “I helped build this entire complex. Do you know, one of the contractors committed suicide as we nearly finished the two buildings. We were all given the day off, sent home with pay that day.”

Hmmm, Very curious. Save it for the morning after.

#264 3 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

This is a great topic. Please add your stories if you got em. I would love to hear your updates in the past few years since i started this thread.
I’m not sure I mentioned this:
I was in my way home in a Lyft car.
The driver, a fairly young guy says “I helped build this entire complex. Do you know, one of the contractors committed suicide as we nearly finished the two buildings. We were all given the day off, sent home with pay that day.”
Hmmm, Very curious. Save it for the morning after.

Mistaken post.

IMG_1896 (resized).jpegIMG_1896 (resized).jpeg
#265 3 months ago

Mistakes were made in posting. Apologize for any duplication.

3 weeks later
#266 68 days ago

After a time, I have guessed that frequencies could be the culprit in some cases.
I have not been able to test anything, but I would imagine the elevator next to the trash bin, occasionally emits a different frequency which is what I felt in that case.

This could happen in many places with all the multitudes of mechanics and frequencies, and could also possibly be tested.
But what do I know, I’m going to write a horror book that includes much of this.

“The Haunting of New Construction, And Others.” Is the title.

#267 68 days ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

After a time, I have guessed that frequencies could be the culprit in some cases.
I have not been able to test anything, but I would imagine the elevator next to the trash bin, occasionally emits a different frequency which is what I felt in that case.
This could happen in many places with all the multitudes of mechanics and frequencies, and could also possibly be tested.
But what do I know, I’m going to write a horror book that includes much of this.
“The Haunting of New Construction, And Others.” Is the title.

IMG_1805 (resized).jpegIMG_1805 (resized).jpeg
Strange frequencies!

#268 66 days ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

[quoted image]
Strange frequencies!

I had someone complain about a low humming sound they could hear from their house and wanted us to do something about. I read up on it and it's legit certain people have sensitivies to very low frequencies. Most can't hear it, but some that do, it drives them nuts. Can be caused by a failing piece of mechanical equipment in a building or some imbalance in a factory across town.

#269 66 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I had someone complain about a low humming sound they could hear from their house and wanted us to do something about. I read up on it and it's legit certain people have sensitivies to very low frequencies. Most can't hear it, but some that do, it drives them nuts. Can be caused by a failing piece of mechanical equipment in a building or some imbalance in a factory across town.

Reminds me of long ago during the summer I would always hear some weird noise when outside at night that drove me nuts, and others never heard it, until I pointed it out: There it is! There it is again! Then others would also hear it, once I pointed it out.

Not sure, but I think that noise was those tiny frogs, for sure not to be confused with the very loud noise the bullfrogs make at the pond next door, they get pretty damn funny, but the other noise was pretty damn irritating.

#270 66 days ago

Also, ghost free here for a long time now, not me or anyone else has had a hug from the ghost in a very long time, and that's fine with me.

Only thing here in a long while is things out of place sometimes.

My girlfriend still pokes fun at me, the way I put everything back right in the exact spot it belongs, but that is one main way I can tell if any current activity, the ghost here loves to hug, and it loves to move stuff around.

Like I said long ago, pretty sure the ghost here is my granddad, when it hugs you, it is very nice. It hugged my girlfriend of 7 years now early on, scared the shit out of her, but we are still going strong.

Not sure what the ghost did to the girlfriend before her, she never told me, but she never spent another night here, and that was fine, she wasn't that good of a person as it turned out. Funny, when I was at her house, I felt the same way, something was disturbing me. Not sure if it was my ghost trying to get me out of there, or if she had a ghost there that didn't like me.

#271 66 days ago

Sometimes I'm more open to the ghost, and ok if it shows up.

And sometimes I can sense it is near, and I'm like please just leave me alone right now. A few times I went to another bedroom to go to sleep, hoping it would not follow me, and it didn't.

I know a lot of people also talk about seeing orbs, I have seen those at times.

I've never seen an orb here, or the ghost here either. I have seen the ghost move objects, and others here have also seen that. The big thing is the warm hug, from the invisible person.

I wonder what the difference is, between an orb, and a ghost. I know both exists.

I'm pretty sensitive to all that, just like back when I was hearing that noise that must have been the tiny frogs, and no one else heard it until I kept pointing out there it is again.

I believe, because I know for a fact. The naysayers have just never experienced any of this for themselves, and good for them.

I have seen a glimpse of orbs, but the ghost here is invisible so far. Hell, I think sometimes it was visible, but I turned away, I don't want to see it.

I haven't talked to any of my cousins in years, and it would probably freak them out if I ask if grandad ever pays you a visit.

Best guess is the ghost has to be grandad, because one time mom was here, and thought I was full of shit with the ghost talk, and all of a sudden my cigarette lighter went sailing across the table, and even my mom said that is probably my granddad, he died tragically in an accident, and he really loved me and my parents, and he was having problems with his wife, and wanted to move in with us.

I think that happened when he died. He wanted to be here, and after he died, his spirit or something ended up here.

The lighter flying across the table that time was the only time I ever seen anything move while I was watching, and fine if that shit never happens again.

Stuff gets moved all the time, and gets aggravating, not sure if the ghost is just playing or whatever.

It is what it is, and I'm glad sometimes that I can sense what others cannot, and most of the time I want all of that to just leave me alone.

When the ghost stuff first came on tv, I thought about letting them come here, but I was afraid their stuff may piss off the ghost, and I didn't want that.

Ghost stuff is very real, and my mom, my girlfriend now, and an ex-girlfriend can verify that.

I have also heard about guardian angels, who knows, those could also be ghosts.

I never knew what the ghost did to that ex-girlfriend, but it did me a favor.

My current girlfriend was freaked out at the moment when it hugged her, but now she has forgot about it, until I mention it. It needs to give her another hug and bring her back to reality.

Hell, I'm all good if it wants to give me hug, but please stop moving my stuff around. Gets old.

#272 66 days ago

Not a ghost, but an interesting story. One of my professors told me a story that he had a colleague with a patient that was hearing voices in his head. The medical community could find no reasons and he didn't seem to have any psychological issues. They ended up putting him inside a screen room (Faraday cage that blocks outside electromagnetic fields) and the voices stopped. They determined that the metal in his dental work was acting as an antenna with the signal transmitted along his jaw bone to his ear.

#273 66 days ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Not a ghost, but an interesting story. One of my professors told me a story that he had a colleague with a patient that was hearing voices in his head. The medical community could find no reasons and he didn't seem to have any psychological issues. They ended up putting him inside a screen room (Faraday cage that blocks outside electromagnetic fields) and the voices stopped. They determined that the metal in his dental work was acting as an antenna with the signal transmitted along his jaw bone to his ear.

Time to get new dental work!

#274 66 days ago

There may have been something going on with my previous house. Boiler-based heating systems are probably low-hanging fruit as far as weird noises go, but I distinctly remember waking up one night to hear a repeated wheezing transmitting through the bedroom radiator that distinctly sounded like "Help... me..." Like many old furnace systems, it made many odd but explainable noises in the year and a half I lived there, but I never before or since heard it do that.

My dreams are seldom good, even when they include things that ought to make me happy. Accidents, getting in significant trouble, being hopelessly late for work, etc. I always realize it's all fake as soon as I wake up, and at this point I really don't care. But I've never had a dream about uncovering an unspeakable eldritch horror (during building renovations at work) that devours anyone who makes eye contact...until a particular night in that house. Again, never before or since.

Fast-forward another year, my grandfather was moved into a nursing home and found himself needing to sell his house to pay for it. A house he'd built himself, in fact, and one sitting a block and a half from mine and lacking all of the massive inconveniences of mine. A few of you may have seen my post in the game room thread, but y'all can probably guess what sort of transactions actually ended up happening.

We had two cats, and they always seemed uncomfortable or on edge, and never wanted to go outside. Until we moved into my grandparents' house, after which both of them were suddenly happy and contented. Both...or maybe all three. My girlfriend asked me, early in the moving process, if there had ever been a cat in the house previously, after seeing one out of the corner of her eye in the basement. I had never told her that my mom had a Siamese when she was living there.

These are all pretty tame in comparison to some of the stuff I saw in this thread, but I figured I'd add my own experiences.

#275 66 days ago

About 10 years ago, I was picking up on my computer speakers someone speaking I'm guessing on a CB or shortwave radio. I couldn't hear the person he was talking to, only him. One Sat. morning, I turned on my PC expecting to hear this guy talking but instead I heard this low voice say, "you're going to die". I still haven't told my Wife about this.

#276 66 days ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

One Sat. morning, I turned on my PC expecting to hear this guy talking but instead I heard this low voice say, "you're going to die". I still haven't told my Wife about this.

I just told her. Good luck at dinner tonight.

#277 66 days ago

My house was ridiculously active for years, but once we had a TV crew in with a medium, another ghost hunting team with a medium, and a third medium that told them we wanted them to stay, everything went suddenly quiet. There's been next to nothing for four years now. We get the occasional footsteps from upstairs when nobody is home, but that's about it. It's as if once we acknowledged them and said we're happy to share "their" house with them, they didn't need our attention anymore.

There are many who think we were insane with this stuff, but those same people can't really explain how our supposed insanity just magically disappeared overnight. I actually wish the activity came back...

#278 66 days ago

Setting the stage...

Many years ago when my at the time girlfriend (now wife) and I had recently moved in together we were both working late nights, me evenings, her overnights. So I would get off work and be alone most of the time.

We lived in the upstairs apartment of a house. The owners lived below us and their bedroom was right under our living room, so always had to be pretty quiet in the evenings. This was when Final Fantasy III (6) had just came out and I was knee deep into this magnificent world. I would come home from work and promptly start up the game. Anyone who has played this game knows how drawn in it could make you at the time.

One night, I'm engrossed in the game. It's probably around 3 AM, and the room is dimly lit by the glow of the TV. Behind me, I hear a clicking sound. I look around and see nothing and go back to my game. A short while later I hear it again. Still see nothing. I shrug and figure it is just the people downstairs. A little while later I hear it again, and I am pretty certain at that point it is coming from where I am. It would only last a few seconds and stop. I got up and started to look around. I see nothing out of the ordinary or any sign of what could be making the noise. I am about to give up and go back to my game when I hear the noise again and I notice movement out of the corner of my eye. As I turn to get a better look, it stops. I'm facing a closet door. In front of closet door there is a heavy sofa chair. I'm about to turn away when suddenly, just above the chair, I see the door handle of the closet slowly turning back and forth, softly clicking as it would change direction.

Click.....

Click.....

Click.....

Click.....

Then nothing.

Now, I don't believe in ghosts, but I do have an overactive imagination. It was dim in the room and at that moment, all sorts of things ran through my mind. My mind was trying to convince myself what I was seeing was real.

Then the knob starts turning back and forth again...

Click.....

Click.....

Click.....

Click.....

I quickly, but quietly go get a knife from the kitchen. I re-enter the living room and cautiously move the chair out of the way. Meanwhile...occasionally...

Click.....

Click.....

Click.....

Click.....

Coming to my senses, I realize something. I haven't seen Sparky, our 6 toed cat. I call out hesitantly...with a bit of a crack in my voice..."Sparky?"

From within the closet I hear "Meowrrrr".

That was the day I learned our cat could open doors.

I still don't believe in ghosts.

#279 66 days ago

I love this thread

#280 66 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I still don't believe in ghosts.

You will when it happens to you. Lots of people don't believe in aliens, but even the government can't explain WTF is going on right now. There's a whole lot we haven't figured out yet, and maybe never will.

#281 66 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You will when it happens to you. Lots of people don't believe in aliens, but even the government can't explain WTF is going on right now. There's a whole lot we haven't figured out yet, and maybe never will.

Oh I won't argue about the existence of such things. I just saw the thread and thought it was a good true story, that I call my only ghost story. Honestly, like all of us, I simply do not know. I will just say I have my own logical reasons why I don't believe they exist. My wife has had her own experiences that makes her believe they exist though.

As for aliens, I see that as much more plausible, however I do not believe any of what we are hearing about is actually aliens. I know enough about the military/government and secrets to know that one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing, and we are decades conditioned to think 'aliens' when we hear the term 'ufo'. Just like bigfoot, or any other things of that nature, in the day of cameras everywhere catching the craziest of moments, if such things existed and people actually saw them, we would have more than distant blurry pictures or video. You notice that in the latest craze, no actual evidence of any kind was presented. Just speculation - and 'i saw'. If we don't believe anyone to be telling the truth about anything why would we believe any of that? Admission does not equal honesty. I leave everything open to be proven wrong, but as of yet, there is no proof. Almost everything can be explained with enough research. In the old days anything that someone did not understand was considered magic or of the gods.

#282 66 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As for aliens, I see that as much more plausible, however I do not believe any of what we are hearing about is actually aliens. I know enough about the military/government and secrets to know that one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing, and we are decades conditioned to think 'aliens' when we hear the term 'ufo'.

I don't know...I think it's tough to explain away a giant pinball flying through Iraq:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#283 66 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't know...I think it's tough to explain away a giant pinball flying through Iraq:[quoted image]

Not hard at all. Any person can do such things these days, right on their phone. It's not even pinball shaped, it's blur (you can tell if you watch it enough times). Humans are great at making up stories. That being said, I'm not saying it isn't a UFO. I'm saying I don't believe it was aliens.

#284 66 days ago

Another Flying Pinball - Met this guy in Hawaii who does drone footage. While looking at his page, I found this.

This is above a major freight loop in California (Tahachapi Loop). It was in the tunnel?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#285 66 days ago

Still enjoying this thread. Still live in a "haunted" house. Still don't believe in ghosts, but want to

Quoted from RyanStl:

I had someone complain about a low humming sound they could hear from their house and wanted us to do something about. I read up on it and it's legit certain people have sensitivies to very low frequencies

During the couple years between my first post and now, I built an infrasound cannon, and a friend helped me construct a variable frequency sine wave device that can run continuously through it (you can also use modulators on your phone). The idea is that prolonged exposure to subsonic sound (particularly 18.9 hz, the "ghost frequency" which supposedly causes your eyeballs to vibrate thus causing hallucinations and even lower frequencies, say those of 6-9 hz that cause bodily organs to vibrate, inducing feelings of distress or anxiety similar to the mythical brown note) can make you see and feel all sorts of things.

So far it has not made me see a ghost, but can confirm it's not something you want to be around for a long time. If you have annoying neighbors, it's potentially great though.

#286 66 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's been next to nothing for four years now. We get the occasional footsteps from upstairs when nobody is home, but that's about it.

Next to nothing except for the footsteps also, for the last 6 years here.

#287 65 days ago

In the late 80's, I was in bed one morning & felt like I was being watched. I rolled over & there was a slender, black figure in the doorway. As I got out of bed, I said "What are you doing in my house?" & the figure walked into the living room. Of course there was nothing there.
There have been a few oddities in my current house. The one I remember was going into the kitchen to get a drink. A half hour later I went back & there was a pile of maggots in the middle of the room. No trail or any place above where they could have fallen from.
"I'm not saying it's an ancient indigenous burial ground, but it's an ancient indigenous burial ground."

#288 65 days ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

In the late 80's, I was in bed one morning & felt like I was being watched. I rolled over & there was a slender, black figure in the doorway. As I got out of bed, I said "What are you doing in my house?" & the figure walked into the living room. Of course there was nothing there.
There have been a few oddities in my current house. The one I remember was going into the kitchen to get a drink. A half hour later I went back & there was a pile of maggots in the middle of the room. No trail or any place above where they could have fallen from.
"I'm not saying it's an ancient indigenous burial ground, but it's an ancient indigenous burial ground."

The first one just sounds like sleep paralysis. Maybe it was the hat man!

The second one, no idea but thats nasty lol

#289 65 days ago

Just ran across this thread for the first time - still reading through it. I'm a skeptical person by nature and really believe that most "paranormal" things/experiences are just normal things that we do not yet understand. Just look at magic - I've seen all kinds of tricks I can't explain, but they are just tricking your brain into thinking it's impossible. Fact is, as humans we know very little about anything and everything.

Having said this, I've had several experiences that I cannot explain, some terrifying, some (in a bizarre way) were comforting and reassuring. They all happened in different places. I typically refrain from sharing these experiences as I don't want people to think I'm some crazy weirdo and I wonder if someone told me similar stories what I would think. Making it worse, some of the stuff I've experienced is laden with stereotypes you would see in horror movies making me even more hesitant to tell my experiences.

Anyway, I''ll bite and tell one of the more terrifying "ghost" experiences I've had:

I was in my Freshman year at a College in Michigan. My mother (divorced) was dating a guy who happened to have relatives that lived about 20 minutes from campus in an old farmhouse on a sizable plot of land that they had purchased about a year earlier. My mom and her BF were going to visit them for the weekend and asked if I wanted to join them for a night. I agreed and they picked me up at the dorm in the afternoon and we went to the house for the night. My mom's BF on the way to the house was bragging about what a great deal they got on the place. (These are the types of stereotypes I referred to earlier)

We arrive and meet his relatives and their 6 year old boy, Charlie. We get a tour of the house and it is filled with antiques and old toys/dolls. At the top the stairs (down the hall from where we will be sleeping) there is an antique wooden toy chest with a 100+ year old toy doll sitting on top of the closed lid. The whole thing immediately gave me the creeps. At the end of the hall was the bedroom that my mom and her BF would be staying in and off that bedroom was another room (somewhat unfinished) with an old desk and single bed that I would be sleeping in.

We eat dinner and start chatting about this and that. At some point Charlie starts talking about playing "dolls" with his friend. (I can't remember her name, but his friend was a little girl) Come to find out, this friend was an imaginary friend that Charlie says lives with them. They go on to tell us that Charlie made up his imaginary new friend shortly after they moved in. Charlie gets real defensive and angry/mean when he hears someone say she is not real - to him, she is absolutely real. He says she's going to be mad.

We finish dinner, start playing cards and Charlie is put to bed. After a couple hours (and a couple of beers) my mom decides it time for bed and heads upstairs, I decide I should get some sleep too and head up with her. I say goodnight to my mom and head to the connecting room off of my mom's room. I closed the door connecting the two bedrooms, but the door to the hallway in the room my mom was staying in stayed open. I go to bed, shut my eyes and fall asleep.

I wasn't asleep very long when I was suddenly awoken by a very cold "presence" moving through the room. I was under the covers, but whatever it was, was circling the room and every time around it would move right through my body in a terrifyingly bone chilling cold way. As it circled the room (rather quickly) it would blow the loose papers on the top of the desk around. It was pretty dark in the room, but I could make out where it was at all times. I don't know what it was, but I had an overwhelming feeling that it did not want me in that room at all. I was terrified, but was too afraid to scream out. It was all over within 20-30 seconds at most, but then the craziest thing happened. Immediately as I felt "it" leave my room - my mom screams out in terror from the next room.

I laid in bed for a few moments before I could even mustard up the courage to go check on my mom. I get up and go into her room and she is sitting up in bed. I asked her if she was okay and why she screamed. She said she didn't know why she had screamed, but that something had scared her. She was clearly shaken up. My mom's BF and his relatives were still up playing cards when this happened and they came up to see what was going on. They flip the switch to turn on the light in her room and the f*cking creepy doll from the top of the toy chest down the hall was on the floor in the bedroom, next to the far wall past the bed.

I'm totally shook at this point. I try to explain what I experienced. No one can answer why the doll is in the room. Then the husband says that they have been having strange things happening since they moved in that they cannot explain. I couldn't stay the night in that room after that happened so they set me up on the sofa downstairs. I didn't experience anything else that night - I didn't sleep at all and left a light on. We left first thing in the morning and never went back.

#290 65 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not hard at all. Any person can do such things these days, right on their phone. It's not even pinball shaped, it's blur (you can tell if you watch it enough times). Humans are great at making up stories. That being said, I'm not saying it isn't a UFO. I'm saying I don't believe it was aliens.

Except any manipulation was disproved by the government. Do try to keep up.

Sorry to derail the thread...there's another one for UFOs. Let's get back to ghoulies.

#291 65 days ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

Just ran across this thread for the first time - still reading through it. I'm a skeptical person by nature and really believe that most "paranormal" things/experiences are just normal things that we do not yet understand. Just look at magic - I've seen all kinds of tricks I can't explain, but they are just tricking your brain into thinking it's impossible. Fact is, as humans we know very little about anything and everything.
Having said this, I've had several experiences that I cannot explain, some terrifying, some (in a bizarre way) were comforting and reassuring. They all happened in different places. I typically refrain from sharing these experiences as I don't want people to think I'm some crazy weirdo and I wonder if someone told me similar stories what I would think. Making it worse, some of the stuff I've experienced is laden with stereotypes you would see in horror movies making me even more hesitant to tell my experiences.
Anyway, I''ll bite and tell one of the more terrifying "ghost" experiences I've had:
I was in my Freshman year at a College in Michigan. My mother (divorced) was dating a guy who happened to have relatives that lived about 20 minutes from campus in an old farmhouse on a sizable plot of land that they had purchased about a year earlier. My mom and her BF were going to visit them for the weekend and asked if I wanted to join them for a night. I agreed and they picked me up at the dorm in the afternoon and we went to the house for the night. My mom's BF on the way to the house was bragging about what a great deal they got on the place. (These are the types of stereotypes I referred to earlier)
We arrive and meet his relatives and their 6 year old boy, Charlie. We get a tour of the house and it is filled with antiques and old toys/dolls. At the top the stairs (down the hall from where we will be sleeping) there is an antique wooden toy chest with a 100+ year old toy doll sitting on top of the closed lid. The whole thing immediately gave me the creeps. At the end of the hall was the bedroom that my mom and her BF would be staying in and off that bedroom was another room (somewhat unfinished) with an old desk and single bed that I would be sleeping in.
We eat dinner and start chatting about this and that. At some point Charlie starts talking about playing "dolls" with his friend. (I can't remember her name, but his friend was a little girl) Come to find out, this friend was an imaginary friend that Charlie says lives with them. They go on to tell us that Charlie made up his imaginary new friend shortly after they moved in. Charlie gets real defensive and angry/mean when he hears someone say she is not real - to him, she is absolutely real. He says she's going to be mad.
We finish dinner, start playing cards and Charlie is put to bed. After a couple hours (and a couple of beers) my mom decides it time for bed and heads upstairs, I decide I should get some sleep too and head up with her. I say goodnight to my mom and head to the connecting room off of my mom's room. I closed the door connecting the two bedrooms, but the door to the hallway in the room my mom was staying in stayed open. I go to bed, shut my eyes and fall asleep.
I wasn't asleep very long when I was suddenly awoken by a very cold "presence" moving through the room. I was under the covers, but whatever it was, was circling the room and every time around it would move right through my body in a terrifyingly bone chilling cold way. As it circled the room (rather quickly) it would blow the loose papers on the top of the desk around. It was pretty dark in the room, but I could make out where it was at all times. I don't know what it was, but I had an overwhelming feeling that it did not want me in that room at all. I was terrified, but was too afraid to scream out. It was all over within 20-30 seconds at most, but then the craziest thing happened. Immediately as I felt "it" leave my room - my mom screams out in terror from the next room.
I laid in bed for a few moments before I could even mustard up the courage to go check on my mom. I get up and go into her room and she is sitting up in bed. I asked her if she was okay and why she screamed. She said she didn't know why she had screamed, but that something had scared her. She was clearly shaken up. My mom's BF and his relatives were still up playing cards when this happened and they came up to see what was going on. They flip the switch to turn on the light in her room and the f*cking creepy doll from the top of the toy chest down the hall was on the floor in the bedroom, next to the far wall past the bed.
I'm totally shook at this point. I try to explain what I experienced. No one can answer why the doll is in the room. Then the husband says that they have been having strange things happening since they moved in that they cannot explain. I couldn't stay the night in that room after that happened so they set me up on the sofa downstairs. I didn't experience anything else that night - I didn't sleep at all and left a light on. We left first thing in the morning and never went back.

That's scary for sure. I assume the BF wasn't a thing for long, so no further stories of that house?

#292 65 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

That's scary for sure. I assume the BF wasn't a thing for long, so no further stories of that house?

Yeah, they broke up not too long after this trip. Never went back to that house and never wanted to. I have no idea what the history of the house was. If it was my house, I would have sold it asap and sold/thrown away all the creepy dolls as well.

#293 65 days ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

Yeah, they broke up not too long after this trip. Never went back to that house and never wanted to. I have no idea what the history of the house was. If it was my house, I would have sold it asap and sold/thrown away all the creepy dolls as well.

Or fire.

#294 61 days ago

I think in my case I am onto something with frequencies. I can then test this somehow on myself. I sense a horror story here.

IMG_2035 (resized).jpegIMG_2035 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,650 (OBO)
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-on-the-topic-of-ghosts/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.