72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
72006055877__062388AD-DD73-4BF2-B7C2-ADDE506236F7 (resized).jpeg
72006054552__F054453A-FA7A-444A-8D8E-C537BEA7F54B (resized).jpeg
72006132300__56EDFC9B-6A94-4210-8F77-E3DD36AD6B46 (resized).jpeg
72006132840__8030AA8B-1264-4AFD-AC22-3E59F6990CAF (resized).jpeg
72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2330 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

We have some fantastic UFO discussion going on in the ufos are real forum. We have dabbled in ghost experiences there so I wanted to start a separate thread for ghost tales instead of digressing further.

My background is, I’m a huge horror fan, but I Don’t believe in ghosts per se.

I have been to some of the scariest places, no ghosts were there. We used to play at an abandoned mental institution in Michigan. Not scary, silent.

I was also very religious, for the last thirty years.

I don’t typically believe in ghosts...

So my fiancée always makes the bed. I had a stroke and three brain surgeries and I have to nap everyday. The bed is almost made.

I went to bed the other day (mid day) and my bed was torn down like a hotel. Waiting for me.

I asked my fiancée and she said it was not her. Also, she never does that. She makes it, just no pulled back part.

It made me stop a sec, because I didn’t do it. It was a few days ago, I just went to bed.

Harmless, almost inviting you could say.

They are not all like this I understand.

Do you have any cool stories you would like to share about ghosts. I am very skeptical but I love to hear it all.

Belief is a powerful thing.

#4 2 years ago

I have friend who had to move out of his house back east about 15 years ago.
I thought his story was interesting:

It was a two story home back east with a basement. He lived there with a live in gal and they would hear a sound like a bowling ball coming down the stairs. Frequently, and of course there was never a ball.

A friend was going to move in and finish the basement but quickly decided not to do either.

When in the basement he would hear and see the shadow of a car through those little windows near the top.

The sound and shadow would move across the 3 windows. There was no car when checked.

I had never heard of a ghost being seen in this way.

I still don’t believe in them though. I don’t think we understand death yet.

He was sure though.

They got out of the house. If I go back there I am going to research the address. From what he is telling me they need to do a show there.

#5 2 years ago

Misposted.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can we start a poll?

Done.

#60 2 years ago

The movie the borderlands is about a church that may or not be haunted from the first century bc. The Vatican sends an investigative team to see what’s up.

Clearly, it’s fiction. The movie.

I am enjoying the personal accounts of this ghost phenomena.

More tales of my own.

When I was young a would see three ghosts in my house in about the third grade. My mother says I saw them frequently and described them like the ghosts from the haunted house at Disney.

I had gone there, to Disney a year or two before.

In my mind I can still see them. They were standing in front of the washing machine and dryer.
They did look like the hitchhiking ghosts.

(Odd fact, the fire that burned down my mobile home began in the dryer and washer area, but investigations were inconclusive.)

I had a stroke and three brain surgeries almost five years ago.

I was in a wheelchair for a couple years. Once while delivering a gift book to a local merchant in Downey ca, I was briskly pushed in my direction.

I was hesitant. In my delivery, but the push ensured it happened.

I have felt gentle touches more than once in the past five years.

And again, my bed was fully turned down the other day for me.

I don’t think we understand death. But it irritates me that we understand so little. Really irritates me.

We seem to be resigned to our fate.

#61 2 years ago

Some background music for the thread. They might be echoes. (Pink Floyd)

1 week later
#73 2 years ago
Quoted from cartert:

I see daughters ghost everyday

Very sorry for your loss.

#82 2 years ago

I’ve always heard rumors about Disney. His spirit lives on in the place. But not in an unearthly way.

If Disney haunts Disneyland then why not Walter knott at knotts berry farm? (A local park here right near Disneyland proper)

I am going to write a fiction story about a ghost at knotts. It will be very different. I see a ghost riding the coaster with a smile on his or her face. Perpetually.

3 months later
#221 2 years ago

I seem to get slightly poked in the side or back when I am listening to certain music. Very gentle. It has happened about three times in the last year.

I'm trying to remember the song I was listening to the other day when it happened...
-of course it probably is my imagination.

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The skeptic in me is saying that you DID have three brain surgeries...so God knows what kind of short-circuiting is going on in there from time to time.

totally valid. Often I feel like I am seeing through some deception now, because of the state of my brain. There may be ultimately something to be learned through my recovery.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#225 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You never had any experiences when you were under, did you? Like...they didn't have to stop your heart for any reason, did they? I find those stories absolutely fascinating.

I wrote a chapter in my non fiction book called "the thing in the hospital." It is not published yet but here is the chapter. Since you asked!

The Thing in the Hospital

I had been moved to an overflow area, later that night. The night of my third brain surgery.

The room was quiet.

It must have been an overflow area. It was a large room with empty cots littering the floor. The cots were temporary and empty. All except one of them.

One bed had a young guy in it. Some of his friends had come to see him, given him balloons.

To get well soon.

I knew he was in the wrong place. We were both in the wrong place.

The hospital emergency room was no place anyone wants to be.

But I also knew, he was probably hurt worse than he knew. I think he had mangled his hand.

I saw bandages.

He laughed with his friends.

I drifted in and out of consciousness. There were dozens of stitches in my head, from that very day, the brain surgery...

I welcomed sleep. Needed it.

The hospital became quieter.

Just me and my roommate now. And the big empty room full of beds.

I looked up and heard something.

Over by the guy on the bed.

Leaning over him was a black thing. Looking down at him.

It looked up at me. It seemed to lick its lips.

I prayed. I remember praying. The Lord's Prayer.

Our father who art in heaven...

I said it all of course.

Memorized from the third grade.

A mantra of power left for me on this earth. Perhaps...

To protect me.

The thing silently regarded me and went back to the guy in the bed. Working on him. Hovering over him, in the darkness.

Licking its lips, it appeared to.

I fell back into unconsciousness. Mercifully.

The room was silent.

So, what was the thing in the hospital?

I don't know.

But I do know that hallucinations are a part of brain surgery recovery. I was just hours off one of those surgeries.

My assumption is that it was a balloon.

Hallucinated into something more horrible. Leaning over the guy, perhaps?

Possibly more like floating over the guy. A balloon from his friends. Earlier in the day.

Perhaps it was a balloon. Or a hallucination. Or both.

Enjoy!

1 month later
#228 2 years ago

Recently I read a book called where did we come from by a Russian scholar.

It’s is full of esotericism mixed with facts. I enjoyed the book but I am now reading sapiens, which might be a far more traditional history of the human race.

The first book is an adventure starting with trying to trace lineage in the world through optometry and trajectory of the eyes.

And then they noticed the eyes over every Tibetan temple.

They end up in wild concepts that might have a hint of truth.

Like samadhe. Which is supposedly like a suspended animation but conscious.

I laughed out loud at a few things because I just don’t believe them. But I feel like when twenty things look strange there is one there with some truth or something in one of the pieces.

One of the pieces fits. That’s what happens sometimes. Even though this concept of samadhe might seem foreign, it is out there and people have Believed in it to the death.

Little bits and pieces of perhaps evidence, remain there. Waiting for the truth to be found. Centuries pass.

I think we do not understand what come next after death. I feel like science has failed in explaining this. Much research ends right here. We don’t know what comes next. And then we stop trying to figure it out.

We are very advanced as a species, we could know more if we studied it properly. IMO.

It all kind of ties to what is that energy. Can it coalesce? Yes know maybe so.

This month, it could very well materialize in the mists of October.

03CEF260-F996-436E-BA50-152CF282EDB4 (resized).jpeg03CEF260-F996-436E-BA50-152CF282EDB4 (resized).jpeg
#229 2 years ago

The eyes of Buddha in some cases. The reference to the eyes it is on hundreds of temples.

As looked at them I realized they could be many peoples eyes. They could be my eyes.

Who’s eyes are they really? A deep mystery drawn over hundreds of temples so long ago the truth has been lost or hidden or both.

Take care everyone!

A258143F-6342-44BC-B99C-B8DD20B38E3D (resized).jpegA258143F-6342-44BC-B99C-B8DD20B38E3D (resized).jpeg
#230 2 years ago

There is a part in the book where “psychic wards” are in place to protect people in samadhe for years.

So while dancing around all these concepts, that psychic ward part caught my attention. Is this possible, the ward?

The way it was all described reminded of a particular thing that happened to me once.

I felt like I have felt this ward elsewhere. One time.

It made me think this might be something to do with death in general. Not just “samadhe”, but something about our deaths in this world and what is really happening.

My particular psychic assault I felt was this. It’s personal. I wasn’t going to put details but I would want to hear them so, here are the details.

I was sitting in the back yard of a some friends about a year ago. It was a summer celebration.

In the jacuzzi, one of their two sons had died. It was an accident. He was autistic. This was about seven years ago.

So I sat there, at the party, in the back yard enjoying myself.

Suddenly I was sick. I couldn’t concentrate. I had never felt anything like it. It was directed at me, it felt like.

I sat and waited. I prayed.

I am no easy mark.

It passed. I prayed more. I felt nothing and have not felt anything like that since.

A few moments later, I was in the boys bedroom. Nothing felt.

Silent and calm just like it should be.

I have been back about four times and everything is cool.

Just my imagination? Maybe.

One thing I always bump my head against is what is real and how important is it really.

Is belief greater than reality? In some ways it is I think, but other things are immutable like gravity.

#231 2 years ago

You don’t know what you don’t know. Take care everyone. Universal horror tonight!

#232 2 years ago

Going in at knotts scary farm!

B589E927-06F6-40B4-9173-DBCA70DCFF47 (resized).jpegB589E927-06F6-40B4-9173-DBCA70DCFF47 (resized).jpeg
2 years later
#250 64 days ago

I have to post a update here. It will be longer.

I was wondering if anyone has tried the necrometer app, by the way.

So I will share the events of my last year or so in terms of the subject of ghosts.

For clarity, I had a stroke and three brain surgeries 8 years ago. My brain is different now, for real.

Before in my life I have been many strange places that should have been haunted. They were not though.

For instance the abandoned mental institution in Michigan we used to play in.

https://northville-tunnels.com/

Being a horror fan, I always wanted to believe this could be possible. Ghosts.

But I had never seen much of anything out the ordinary in real life.

Until last year.

After a cool trip driving through the trailer park I grew up in, we went to buddies pizza a few days later. In Novi Michigan.

We had about ten people in my party, I went to the rest room as we finished.

I washed my face and the restroom emptied. I turned around and there was a figure standing there looking at me. Shorter than myself, I tried to look at it. Its eyes were a dark blackness not actual eyes.

I turned and left the restroom automatically.

I did not tell my family but I asked management about anything weird ever being spoken of, they said no.

The ghost at buddies pizza!

I have more stories. I Will post them in the morning.

I’m starting to wonder. Now.

-

IMG_1791 (resized).pngIMG_1791 (resized).png
#253 62 days ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

I have not seen this particular app but have seen other "ghost" apps and I would be very skeptical. I think these things are more like party gags.

They sure do appear to be. This one has been showing different results imo, but probably still seem more like entertainment.

#254 62 days ago

I have a few more things coming. I am perplexed. I never saw anything like this before.

#255 62 days ago

So I will continue.
Let’s talk about the shadows in my apartment complex.

I live in a place about 210 apartments in two four floor buildings. Brand new last 8 years built.

I have walked around my building about the tune of 50 miles of rehab. Many of the times simply walking around without my cane in a square on my floor. Each side is about 20 apartments and doors.

One time as I walked towards my apartment about a year ago, I saw a shadow move across the wall in front of me.

There was no one there to block any light source except for me and I was 20 feet away.

I noticed a shadow, I walked where it was and looked up and around.

I know this shadow is probably explainable. I kept it in the back of my mind. I began to write it into my horror.

-This fiction story based on all of this is called “The Shadows Begin To Appear”
I began to conceive it after this.

Now, about the trash room.

The trash room is located next to the elevator it has a timer light. It has chutes down for both trash and recyclables.

Once in the small trash room, the light went out on me. It was pitch black. I did not panic, I am real handicapped, but I did not panic and turned the light back on.

That incident will be in my horror fiction as well. Very nice.

I started to notice the hair standing up on my next and arms occasionally in the trash room. In real life.

I find it sort of fascinating. What the hell is making my nerves react?

A friend said that is fear, but I disagree in my case. It is weird as hell, but I am not afraid.

Sometimes it is a feeling that is in that area, sometimes not.

So the other day, while walking to the trash room elevator area, I saw a shadow in the wall 2 feet from my face.

Again, it could have been a normal shadow but it was accompanied by the hairs on my neck standing up.

A few days later I stepped into the elevator to go down to ground floor and leave. When I entered the elevator I swear I felt something there with me. I looked at the empty elevator and the hairs stood on end.

I walked out at the bottom. I really have never felt anything like this. It really makes me wonder about my brain now. I’ve had three brain surgeries. I feel better than ever and I’m very lucky, but what is all this.

I pray a lot, and I love horror so we have some dichotomies.

I have at least one more story.

Different location same subject.

IMG_2323 (resized).jpegIMG_2323 (resized).jpegIMG_2324 (resized).jpegIMG_2324 (resized).jpegIMG_2325 (resized).jpegIMG_2325 (resized).jpegIMG_2326 (resized).jpegIMG_2326 (resized).jpegIMG_2327 (resized).jpegIMG_2327 (resized).jpegIMG_2328 (resized).jpegIMG_2328 (resized).jpegIMG_2330 (resized).jpegIMG_2330 (resized).jpeg
#256 62 days ago

I am revisiting this whole thread. The input here is fantastic. Your stories and opinions are great imo. I might be the man in the maze. Bought in 5th grade.

IMG_2130 (resized).jpegIMG_2130 (resized).jpeg

#257 62 days ago

I’m not sure I’m going to mess around with that necrometer.
I am interested In sensing things you might not be able to see, but I’m thinking some kind of legit fluke meter or something that could be shared as facts if such facts were found.

#258 62 days ago

My third story involves pinball. Again, it was this past year. Will post by tomorrow morning. This a picture of the setting!

72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
#259 61 days ago

Ok, this is my favorite thing that has happened to me this last year.
If you would I would ask to kind of not say anything about this. I will explain at the end.
I had begun going to my friends arcade prior to the league at ayci gogi. I play in the empty arcade for a couple hours before we head over.

The ware house is split into at least two areas and the actual show room, and the more populated warehouse area with repair stations, the area everyone works all day.

The building has been inhabited by my friend for about twenty years.

I have been visiting 3 times a year for about 15 years now.

I would arrive at the main area, say hello and then get access to the showroom which was completely empty except for me.

I have a great time playing a dozen different games from Dolly Parton to venom. I feel very fortunate to be spending this time here.

So I head down a short hallway to where a bathroom sits at the end.

A tingle ran up my spine and the hairs on my arms and neck stood up.

I instinctively walked away around the corner. The feeling went away. I thought to myself, if this is real, to you should be able to duplicate this right now.

So I walked right back over to hallway. Sure enough hairs standing again fully.

I proceeded to use the restroom at the end and felt nothing but relief.

I continue to play games and I was playing a new Jurassic ark with new code.
Behind me was a video game in the aisle too close my butt hits it while I play.

As I’m playing I look over my shoulder and I swear I saw the opaque silhouette of a figure leaning over beside the video game watching me play.

No eyes completely opaque and gone when I looked a second time.

I tried not to get freaked out. I played for at least one more hour seeing nothing and having fun.

I asked my friend if he had ever seen anything here and he said “never”.

That was the last I mentioned it because I don’t want to freak anyone out there.

So I went back about one month later.

Same exact scenario, I look down the hall.
Nada.
Nothing.

All good I start playing games. I move around a lot, leave my cane somewhere and then find it later.
I had these brain surgeries and losing my cane can make me a little freaked out.

I left my cane in such a way, found it and continued playing moving the cane with me.

I’m playing venom, I play a few games and look for my cane. It’s gone.
A weird twinge of fear, but again I’m not freaking out, just looking around for my cane.

I hear a gentle tingle of my cane rapping on a machine behind me.

It was hanging on Austen powers when it did that.

I tend to want to believe things can be explained, but one thing is for sure;
Austen powers does not have a shaker installed.

Just a gentle tingle telling me where my cane was.

So now this is my favorite arcade of all time.

My personal Haunted Arcade. This is all true I’m not making stuff up. That will be published later.

Horror fiction will be inspired by all of this.

72006051719__6ABBCAA6-BC6E-491D-8865-1D49DA082635 (resized).jpeg72006051719__6ABBCAA6-BC6E-491D-8865-1D49DA082635 (resized).jpeg72006054552__F054453A-FA7A-444A-8D8E-C537BEA7F54B (resized).jpeg72006054552__F054453A-FA7A-444A-8D8E-C537BEA7F54B (resized).jpeg72006055877__062388AD-DD73-4BF2-B7C2-ADDE506236F7 (resized).jpeg72006055877__062388AD-DD73-4BF2-B7C2-ADDE506236F7 (resized).jpeg72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg72006132300__56EDFC9B-6A94-4210-8F77-E3DD36AD6B46 (resized).jpeg72006132300__56EDFC9B-6A94-4210-8F77-E3DD36AD6B46 (resized).jpeg72006132840__8030AA8B-1264-4AFD-AC22-3E59F6990CAF (resized).jpeg72006132840__8030AA8B-1264-4AFD-AC22-3E59F6990CAF (resized).jpeg72006133654__01D521C9-F5EC-4E9C-B356-F5F6B477366C (resized).jpeg72006133654__01D521C9-F5EC-4E9C-B356-F5F6B477366C (resized).jpeg72006135550__61D9ECC9-9C69-43DB-9905-B96A281787D6 (resized).jpeg72006135550__61D9ECC9-9C69-43DB-9905-B96A281787D6 (resized).jpeg
#262 60 days ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I just asked my wife last time she heard something and she said about a month ago. She claims she heard the flippers going when the machines were turned off downstairs. I asked if she went downstairs to investigate and she said "hell no!"
I also asked her if we should place a camera downstairs and she isn't interested. She also says this only happens when I'm at work (I work nightshifts). I seem to be immune to these happenings.

Camera that!

#263 60 days ago

This is a great topic. Please add your stories if you got em. I would love to hear your updates in the past few years since i started this thread.

I’m not sure I mentioned this:
I was in my way home in a Lyft car.

The driver, a fairly young guy says “I helped build this entire complex. Do you know, one of the contractors committed suicide as we nearly finished the two buildings. We were all given the day off, sent home with pay that day.”

Hmmm, Very curious. Save it for the morning after.

#264 60 days ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

This is a great topic. Please add your stories if you got em. I would love to hear your updates in the past few years since i started this thread.
I’m not sure I mentioned this:
I was in my way home in a Lyft car.
The driver, a fairly young guy says “I helped build this entire complex. Do you know, one of the contractors committed suicide as we nearly finished the two buildings. We were all given the day off, sent home with pay that day.”
Hmmm, Very curious. Save it for the morning after.

Mistaken post.

IMG_1896 (resized).jpegIMG_1896 (resized).jpeg
#265 60 days ago

Mistakes were made in posting. Apologize for any duplication.

3 weeks later
#266 37 days ago

After a time, I have guessed that frequencies could be the culprit in some cases.
I have not been able to test anything, but I would imagine the elevator next to the trash bin, occasionally emits a different frequency which is what I felt in that case.

This could happen in many places with all the multitudes of mechanics and frequencies, and could also possibly be tested.
But what do I know, I’m going to write a horror book that includes much of this.

“The Haunting of New Construction, And Others.” Is the title.

#267 37 days ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

After a time, I have guessed that frequencies could be the culprit in some cases.
I have not been able to test anything, but I would imagine the elevator next to the trash bin, occasionally emits a different frequency which is what I felt in that case.
This could happen in many places with all the multitudes of mechanics and frequencies, and could also possibly be tested.
But what do I know, I’m going to write a horror book that includes much of this.
“The Haunting of New Construction, And Others.” Is the title.

IMG_1805 (resized).jpegIMG_1805 (resized).jpeg
Strange frequencies!

1 week later
#294 30 days ago

I think in my case I am onto something with frequencies. I can then test this somehow on myself. I sense a horror story here.

IMG_2035 (resized).jpegIMG_2035 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
2,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-on-the-topic-of-ghosts?tu=azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.