72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
72006055877__062388AD-DD73-4BF2-B7C2-ADDE506236F7 (resized).jpeg
72006054552__F054453A-FA7A-444A-8D8E-C537BEA7F54B (resized).jpeg
72006132300__56EDFC9B-6A94-4210-8F77-E3DD36AD6B46 (resized).jpeg
72006132840__8030AA8B-1264-4AFD-AC22-3E59F6990CAF (resized).jpeg
72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2330 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 3 years ago

I'm just here for the stories, carry on

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It Fascinates me that for the most part, Humanity has limited our explanations of "after death".
We get Heaven and Hell, Nothingness, or a state that allows to come back as ourselves, another person, or another living creation.
The oldest concepts suggest what we are, Ka, Ba, Ra, soul, etc, travels to the heavens. or a place of judgement.
We never came up with, all "souls" go to Mars, to the specific Center of the Earth, or even different dimensional existence.
Another other ideas? Even from Sci Fi?
Harry Houdini and his Medium Exploits, and the Time period of "Seance Frenzy" shows a social group movement.
is everything else really like that? Ghosts, UFOs, etc?
Ask asked before, Why not Dog Ghosts?
Found a Pic of the Old house...Still Stands! Although memory has it Looming....I know when I was last there, it hadnt been painted in 20 plus years...[quoted image]

I'd love to hear more of your stories, Art. Also thank you for posting a picture of the house I was really interested to see what it looked like

1 week later
#67 2 years ago

Bumping this for hopefully more ghost stories

2 weeks later
#139 2 years ago

this is one of my favorite threads

1 month later
#183 2 years ago

toys/electronics without batteries could still have some juiced up capacitors in them or something, but who knows. Thats just what I'd tell myself if I had something like that happen to me at least!

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not enough for a tune. Maybe for a beep or boop or two, but capacitors in toys discharge pretty quickly because they're not very big.

I'm just going to pretend you're wrong about whatever particular toy it is if it ever happens to me so that I'm not scared af

1 month later
#202 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

For such a skeptic, you sure do like to bump shit for absolutely no reason.

I'm just happy one of my favorite threads got bumped

Quoted from phil-lee:

Thomas Edison was working on a machine that could talk to the dead (allegedly) toward the end of his life.
He had encountered a primitive form of EVP through ratty speakers and plenty of static.
In Theory, I know the secret to producing this machine. Tonight, I will give it away.
A Radio Receiver that picks up all channels simultaneously.
Now, I am not an expert and uncertain if such a receiver could be built.
Imagine a Raw Receiver for EVERY radio wave with no tuning save volume control.
The output through a very large speaker in to a fan, I feel, would give the clearest message.
Anyone familiar with EVP knows the only messages delivered are choppy, vague.
This is because they are trying to communicate through a primitive system.
It is obvious they CAN communicate through some electronic devices.
More on this later.

I know they have devices similar to this for capturing EVP's but not exactly what you're describing. Basically it runs through all the radio channels very quickly and it picks up the EVP's. I've seen it used on a few ghost hunting videos

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Its my Theory that one RAW receiver picking up hundreds of channels at the same time would be more effective, just don't know how to build it.
Most researchers in this sort of thing used to agree magnetic tape recorders were the best at capturing transmissions. Now they are using digital, which to me is circumspect.
EVP have been captured just using a fan. I have experienced this several times (completely straight). Several times it was ethereal music, though have heard conversations as well.
Fans have produced more complete EVP than any other method for me.
Would never ask questions to the air like so many people do, the danger of conjuring demons mimicking ghosts is real.
Also dangerous to participate in seances, you are basically inviting anything from the spiritual plane to come in your home.
So everyone donate an old radio and we will wire them all up and place the channel selectors one step up from the other. CB, shortwave, emergency radio, am/fm.
The output speaker will broadcast in to a Leslie speaker, then a large fan.
Simple as pie, got to work!

JgWC.gifJgWC.gif
#217 2 years ago

On the topic of scents, I guess I can share the closest thing to a ghost story I have. Its going to sound really dumb but here it is anyway.

At my grandmas house, everyone uses the side door to enter and exit the house. The front door rarely, if ever gets used. There is a small mud room when you do come in through the front door. Every Halloween, we'd go visit my grandma to show her our costumes and we'd always be haunted by "the mystery smell". In that mud room a strange smell would always come out during Halloween and it scared the crap out of me and my cousins as well. I'm pretty sure it happened a few times not on Halloween but for sure it was on Halloween. Our parents would always use it to make us extra creeped out. They'd store extra soda in that room and other things so any time they'd send me in there to get something I'd have major heebie jeebies. I remember one time in particular the mystery smell was around and one of my aunts commented that the mirror hanging in that room was all fogged up.

I found out years later that mirror belonged to my great aunt (maybe great great?). She was very old and in a wheelchair when my Grandma was a kid. Apparently, my grandma always played "pranks" on her including throwing firecrackers at her. BACK UP TERRY! Ha, anyway, after that, I was always sort of convinced that it was my great aunt getting my grandma back for the pranks. Now that I'm much older, me and my cousins joke about it sometimes, but tbh I am still kind of scared to go in there. I have chalked it up to the light never being on in that room, except on Halloween when trick or treaters would come to the front door. Maybe it was just dust on the light burning off. I'm fairly certain we've smelled it when the light wasn't on (normally the light wasn't on, just light from the ajoining living room would be enough to shine in to grab whatever you needed) however and I don't know but I just know I want nothing to do with that mirror and I don't like being in that room, just in case!

1 month later
#227 2 years ago

Bumping this thread just in time for spooky season!

2 years later
#279 57 days ago

I love this thread

#288 57 days ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

In the late 80's, I was in bed one morning & felt like I was being watched. I rolled over & there was a slender, black figure in the doorway. As I got out of bed, I said "What are you doing in my house?" & the figure walked into the living room. Of course there was nothing there.
There have been a few oddities in my current house. The one I remember was going into the kitchen to get a drink. A half hour later I went back & there was a pile of maggots in the middle of the room. No trail or any place above where they could have fallen from.
"I'm not saying it's an ancient indigenous burial ground, but it's an ancient indigenous burial ground."

The first one just sounds like sleep paralysis. Maybe it was the hat man!

The second one, no idea but thats nasty lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-on-the-topic-of-ghosts?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.