• Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240108_210859 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
sound files CGC (resized).png
Terminator2_L8_3 - Description.pdf (PDF preview)
20220601_221755 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 9.04.27 PM (1) (resized).jpeg
MBA_Message.pdf (PDF preview)
coding_400x267-1 (resized).jpg
P1020388 (resized).JPG
06 VERSION-INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR THE THEATER OF MAGIC T.pdf (PDF preview)
154719499_10226515021761326_4843147460346241911_o (resized).jpg
drug message (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
20201231_105558 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 970 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.
#951 63 days ago

Are there any plans for further updates? Looks like the last update release for any game was March 2022?

#952 63 days ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I check in about every 4 months to see if there is any noise about STTNG. Alas...

ingo333 is working on updates for sttng not official just a patch but lots of changes for the better

#953 63 days ago

I've seen more and more people take a DIY approach to these much needed and requested software upgrades.
I'm all about paying for official releases, but at this cadence, I would rather pay a hobbyist for their code and run it on my game "as-is".

#954 63 days ago

I’m still waiting for a ball save option for Funhouse

#955 63 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

My WW could also use one. Such simple features.

#956 63 days ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I check in about every 4 months to see if there is any noise about STTNG. Alas...

Check the Sttng club. LX-9 is about to drop.

#957 61 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Are there any plans for further updates? Looks like the last update release for any game was March 2022?

I’m just hoping that all the patches that were released by Soren prior to the official licensing will be re-released officially. Earthshaker, Taxi, and a few others if I recall.

#958 61 days ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I’m just hoping that all the patches that were released by Soren prior to the official licensing will be re-released officially. Earthshaker, Taxi, and a few others if I recall.

https://dotsandloopspinball.com/software/

It's been a while for sure.... last release group was 10-2021. I'd think the ones that never made it out officially would be an easier go at it unless there was something soren wanted to tweak on them.

vpinuniverse seems to have a lot of the patched roms available, sometimes ones that probably shouldn't really be there, like the interim versions of seawitch - there's no reason to keep buggy code there. All my code that I put on tsqmadness unless specifically marked is BETA code, i.e. test versions - at least you'd hope that someone would remove the older ones that are verified to not work properly. I think someone has a notification when I post something there because it gets u/l to vpu within minutes-hours.

#959 61 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

https://dotsandloopspinball.com/software/
It's been a while for sure.... last release group was 10-2021. I'd think the ones that never made it out officially would be an easier go at it unless there was something soren wanted to tweak on them.
vpinuniverse seems to have a lot of the patched roms available, sometimes ones that probably shouldn't really be there, like the interim versions of seawitch - there's no reason to keep buggy code there. All my code that I put on tsqmadness unless specifically marked is BETA code, i.e. test versions - at least you'd hope that someone would remove the older ones that are verified to not work properly. I think someone has a notification when I post something there because it gets u/l to vpu within minutes-hours.

pinmame / mame likes to have all versions that it can.

#960 60 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Check the Sttng club. LX-9 is about to drop.

Thank you!

#961 60 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Quoted from dudah:

My WW could also use one. Such simple features.

Let the designer design!

#962 60 days ago

I can only infer from the life of these projects; that selling code upgrades wasn't profitable enough to keep the main developer interested.
Happy to be wrong; just seems like there wasn't enough butter on the bread.

#963 60 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I can only infer from the life of these projects; that selling code upgrades wasn't profitable enough to keep the main developer interested.
Happy to be wrong; just seems like there wasn't enough butter on the bread.

I agree, totally understandable, and also why PPS is going all in on more full-featured releases instead of many small fixes.
All the more reason to allow the community modify to their liking.

#964 60 days ago

Reply’s and updates for the OP would certainly be appreciated!

#965 60 days ago

Nah. 25% licensing fee on a 12dollar rom is chump change.

25% licensing on a 4k Rudy 2.0 project is not.

I'm guessing soren was hoping the project would be more of a labor of love for himself with a nice upside. Got quickly tired of the rug(s) getting pulled out from under him from the bigger 2.0 projets.

#966 60 days ago

Soren was doing these for free before the agreement with PPS... It just seems like a lot of work for one person to spend their free time on with little to no benefit for them.

#967 60 days ago

but for competition play you don't need an full make over Just the small fixes (well maybe no good gofers needs the 2.0 as the base game is way to buggy)

#968 60 days ago

It’s a lot of work even to make modifications on existing ROM I assume.
It’s not worth it for making money with this comparing to any mods or toppers... I beleive Soren is a passionate guy and a great dude doing what he does.
We are still waiting to see the first official extension for the Cactus Canyon remake which I’m sure will be great: I think this long wait shows how crazy the workload can be.

#969 60 days ago

Why even start the project then? I’m sure he knew this ahead of time!

1 month later
#970 8 days ago

Here's my list of judge dredd bugs.

1) if you get multiball based ultimate challenge, then get it from the chain links on the same ball, you get infinite restarts of ultimate challenge until you actually drain. To be specific, the chain links will not reset until you have drained. This is because the "don't rest chain links after ultimate challenge" flag is set when you get it from multiball, but then not cleared until you drain. It should clear it when starting ultimate challenge from the chain link.
2) there's a 256 second ball saver bug as well, which i've triggered on occasion in TPA. This is caused by starting multiball while the main ball saver is still going, as near as I can tell, but it doesn't do it every time.
3) if you start multiball in the second part of a two stage mode, this seriously confuses the game, and lets you stack modes with multiball. This happens in an incredibly buggy fashion. The intended result is that the mode restarts from the beginning when multiball ends, but this doesn't work for sniper tower or safecracker modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 970 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.