Unknown (resized).png
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
IMG_2356 (resized).jpg
IMG_4798 (resized).JPG
IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
4c4928d3-41c1-43b4-adbb-fb00bac4f23f_1000 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 6 years ago

I think that the premium is the best game Stern has ever made, and the pro is a great game. But that price for the pro is ridiculous. They didn't do anything to justify that.

Great opportunity to get a flawless premium though.

#52 6 years ago

A final pass on code would be great, though AC/DC already has my favorite code of any Stern game. But yes, it would be a very nice thing to see.

#63 6 years ago

Are the LEDs controlled on the pro?

#83 6 years ago

This is really one of those games you want to spring the extra cash to go premium. The lighting, the crossover ramp, the swinging bell, and the drops are all pretty big. I like the under playfield as well as it really changes how some of the songs work, and it's a pretty good set of targets. I love the orbits underneath.

The stand ups just make the game way too out of control. I still like the pro a lot, but it's frustrating how any time you need to shoot for a stand up that you're about to lose control with a wild rebound. The game is very clearly designed around those targets being drop targets.

#102 6 years ago

You guys know that if you bend a little down and to the left that you can easily see the inserts under the cannon, right? It doesn't take much effort to see around it for the times the ball heads that direction.

#119 6 years ago

I've been offered $8,000 for my AC/DC Premium more than once and I've turned it down every time. I'm pretty happy that people can pay less than that and get their own NIB experience. Seriously though, go premium on this one. Worth every penny of the upgrade cost.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And yet it's the same price as AS Pro which has a screen that is 100 times better

But shots and code are vastly superior on AC/DC. You don't play that screen.

#165 6 years ago

Dots are nice, and AC/DC has a mix of good ones and terrible ones; but it's still the best game Stern has ever made, despite some bad video clips on a DMD.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've been telling you people for YEARS that you need to be playing Thunderstruck and stacking it in with multiballs....but nobody ever listens! They don't listen, and they keep on losing leagues and tournaments, even after seeing me pull out 250 million+ games like nothing week after week after week and thread after thread on both Pros and LE's....
Nobody ever listens.

I often take Highway to Hell in tournaments because there are a lot of easy points on ball one and it puts pressure on the other players. You can usually get to switch songs by ball 2 anyway to take a good multiball song. I've advanced on AC/DC often by just using that strategy. It's not the best way to big points, but it's a great way to stress out your opponents early.

#182 6 years ago

Hells Bells is the reliable song to pick for big points. You know what to do, the shot is fairly safe, and the score ramp is more even. I agree with Frax that Thunderstruck is a hidden monster, but you have to be on point to make it come together.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

In fact, someone should probably start keeping track of the hit/miss ratio of those who always claim to know something about future releases.

Not even Stern employees get it right 100% of the time...

#313 6 years ago

Ugh, I hate the new heads on the games. The power switch in the head and the two bolts suck. Terrible design. Nothing will be better than the old latch system, but the previous Stern locks were better than the new style.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Damn things are on the line already in the live video, playfields assembled.

Not enough Aerosmith orders to keep the line full.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How many people have one lying around?

I have several. Each game came with one that needed it. You just keep it in the cabinet and it's always easy to find.

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Rabscuttle:

Gotta get this thread back on topic...

UNOBTANIUM!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-finally-revealed?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.