Unknown (resized).png
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
IMG_2356 (resized).jpg
IMG_4798 (resized).JPG
IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
4c4928d3-41c1-43b4-adbb-fb00bac4f23f_1000 (resized).jpg
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'm pretty surprised that a VE edition of that game is coming out. Used pros are in the 4's. I thought the rationale for LE's was to capitalize on games that were selling for more than NIB.

As more new peeps enter the hobby, it's become clear that many new buyers do not want to buy used games from randos. They want new, and new only. This is the product for those buyers. Same as the AFMr discussions. Hardcore hobbyists say "just go find a used one". Casual new buyers don't wanna go hunt down old games on Craigslist. They want to make a phone call, order, and get.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

How am I going to remain special if all my rare/valuable machines keep getting remade???

Just keep taking the short bus & licking the windows with your crayons. You'll be fine.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As more new peeps enter the hobby, it's become clear that many new buyers do not want to buy used games from randos. They want new, and new only. This is the product for those buyers. Same as the AFMr discussions. Hardcore hobbyists say "just go find a used one". Casual new buyers don't wanna go hunt down old games on Craigslist. They want to make a phone call, order, and get.

Not only this, but if Stern can get this pro out to people at say 4800 or 5k flat....then people have a cheaper option to get a game than the new LCD pro games. For some of us every dollar counts, and 200-400 bucks difference could have a LOT of sway.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As more new peeps enter the hobby, it's become clear that many new buyers do not want to buy used games from randos.

I thought new people wanted a fresh canvas to start gluing their amazon bought accoutrements?

But yeah good point...and if they don't deal randos they have to go to retailers, which the price is probably just as high as this or higher.

#205 6 years ago

Let's see, I will need to buy the following before I receive my AC/DC machine:

1. Wood Filler
2. Williams Leg Brackets
3. Plastic Playfield Protectors
4. Stern Playfield Repair/Ghosting Repair Kit

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Let's see I will need to buy the following before I receive my AC/DC machine:
1. Wood Filler
2. Williams Leg Brackets
4. $50.00 Stern Playfield Repair/Ghosting Repair Kit

Don't forget 5:

5. Your balls back from your wife!

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, that's fine. But why AC/DC Pro?? Nobody wanted it the first time.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Many consider it better than the premium. The lower pf in particular is a HUGE downgrade to the game. It's downright atrocious. All the other crap is an upgrade though, so it kinda evens out. Depending on price difference I would likely go pro.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

1. Wood Filler
2. Williams Leg Brackets

If you think that you would not enjoy the machine do not buy it! Pinball is meant to be fun.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The lower pf in particular is a HUGE downgrade to the game.

Even if you never play the lower playfield, the quality of the light show is greatly improved from all those additional color changing leds in the devil face.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

1. Wood Filler
2. Williams Leg Brackets

Go buy a HUO GB with no issues or or HUO ACDC premium then. I doubt you will.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

So much for Stern never remaking AC/DC because of licensing issues. Maybe that was just owners who kept saying it.

Depends which owners.

Toss up whether Premium / Pro values go down, as the originals have vastly more solid cabinets and more durable playfields. Pro maybe a modest depreciation due to the additions and higher supply. Premium probably not much change, as everyone knows the new ones will be lower quality.

Luci / LE, no chance this reduces value. Indeed, Stern just confirmed Luci won't be rerun and the Premium will be a variation of the original Premium art. People seemed to assume that Luci would be the Premium that was rerun before.

Hopefully Stern finally allow Lyman the time to finish the code, more than 3 years after he said he had several pages of notes for ideas to finish it.

I am very surprised they announced this when Aerosmith sales are taking off and they already have 3 music pins that are officially in production, though. Maybe it was now or never with licensing.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Not only this, but if Stern can get this pro out to people at say 4800 or 5k flat....then people have a cheaper option to get a game than the new LCD pro games. For some of us every dollar counts, and 200-400 bucks difference could have a LOT of sway.

Not going to be cheaper ... why would it? They say it's a limited time VE, and it's using SAM and a DMD, which I suspect is a parts combination that raises the BoM quite significantly over Spike2.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

In this audience? Yeah, most *here* wanted the Premium....but, the Pro did sell well. Operators might want Pros. There might still be good overseas demand (Australia). Lots of "flow hoes" prefer the Pro as they claim it's faster. One of the biggest complaints about the Pro was the giant Angus face - now that they've removed that, many who dug the Pro but were on the fence might be jumping for joy right now.

I don't think Stern would have produced more Pros without some sense of demand from their distributors.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not going to be cheaper ... why would it?

hy·po·thet·i·cal
ˌhīpəˈTHedək(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: hypothetical

of, based on, or serving as a hypothesis.
"that option is merely hypothetical at this juncture"
supposed but not necessarily real or true.
"the hypothetical tenth planet"
synonyms: theoretical, speculative, conjectured, conjectural, notional, suppositional, supposed, putative, assumed; academic
"the scenario I suggested was strictly hypothetical"
antonyms: actual
Logic
denoting or containing a proposition of the logical form if p then q.

noun
noun: hypothetical; plural noun: hypotheticals

a hypothetical proposition or statement.
"Finn talked in hypotheticals, tossing what-if scenarios to Rosen"

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The pro was originally designed for operators on route hence the stand ups to make it a quicker game.
Shorter games, more money in the cash box.
The Prem/LE was more for the collector.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

So much for Stern never remaking AC/DC because of licensing issues.

There were licensing issues....that's why it didn't continue when the license expired & hasn't been in production for 2 years, unlike Metallica which re-upped the license without a hitch. Clearly they finally figured it out. I suspect the virtual Pinball Arcade version had something to do with being able to start building the games again, and clearly getting Phil off the artwork was one of the things they had to do to go into production again.

#218 6 years ago

I want Luci !!!!

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

hy·po·thet·i·cal
ˌhīpəˈTHedək(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: hypothetical
of, based on, or serving as a hypothesis.
"that option is merely hypothetical at this juncture"
supposed but not necessarily real or true.
"the hypothetical tenth planet"
synonyms: theoretical, speculative, conjectured, conjectural, notional, suppositional, supposed, putative, assumed; academic
"the scenario I suggested was strictly hypothetical"
antonyms: actual
Logic
denoting or containing a proposition of the logical form if p then q.
noun
noun: hypothetical; plural noun: hypotheticals
a hypothetical proposition or statement.
"Finn talked in hypotheticals, tossing what-if scenarios to Rosen"

... and?

It makes no sense in terms of part costs.

#220 6 years ago

There's a new in box one for sale for 18k in another thread.

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In this audience? Yeah, most *here* wanted the Premium....but, the Pro did sell well. Operators might want Pros. There might still be good overseas demand (Australia). Lots of "flow hoes" prefer the Pro as they claim it's faster. One of the biggest complaints about the Pro was the giant Angus face - now that they've removed that, many who dug the Pro but were on the fence might be jumping for joy right now.
I don't think Stern would have produced more Pros without some sense of demand from their distributors.

Well, of course. I'm just an armchair quarterback here like everyone else. Well, I should say like most everyone else. It certainly seems like some people around here are privy to insider info. In fact, someone should probably start keeping track of the hit/miss ratio of those who always claim to know something about future releases.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

There's a new in box one for sale for 18k in another thread.

Not going to pay more then 17k.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

In fact, someone should probably start keeping track of the hit/miss ratio of those who always claim to know something about future releases.

Not even Stern employees get it right 100% of the time...

#224 6 years ago

Hey guys - this is interesting...I went and searched for some pics of The Pinball Arcade app version of AC/DC Premium...Phil was removed from the art! Soooo...prob a good idea what the Premium re-run this fall is going to look like. (Original translite included for comparison)

Prem_no_Phil (resized).pngPrem_no_Phil (resized).png

Prem_Virtual (resized).pngPrem_Virtual (resized).png

Prem_w_Phil (resized).jpgPrem_w_Phil (resized).jpg

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There were licensing issues....that's why it didn't continue when the license expired & hasn't been in production for 2 years

I know there was licensing issues and that's the point because people kept saying it would never be remade like the licensing issue could never be resolved, which today shows it somehow was.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

prob a good idea what the Premium re-run this fall is going to look like.

If they don't take those hairy chested dudes off there, then I call it a fail! C'mon we have enough of those already. Something new maybe?

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If they don't take those hairy chested dudes off there, then I call it a fail! C'mon we have enough of those already. Something new maybe?

LOL....I mean....that's AC/DC. They made Luci for people who wanted AC/DC featuring something completely random. Maybe the AC/DC Prem Vault will have Unicorns on it instead of anything that makes sense?

#228 6 years ago

A re-skinned 1982 Tron VE would have been nicer. Maybe someday

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Even if you never play the lower playfield, the quality of the light show is greatly improved from all those additional color changing leds in the devil face.

I believe a total light show was created for this just as it was for Metallica. That upgrade will probably only set you back $300ish instead of $1500.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

A re-skinned 1982 Tron VE would have been nicer. Maybe someday

IMO that would never happen. Too much work for too niche a market. Yes, they did it for Spider-Man, but Spider-Man is huge...Tron is niche niche niche.

#231 6 years ago

Well as you said, a lot of new buyers want to buy new pins, not used. So I can see them doing Tron VE in the next few years, for those who missed out originally. Who knows. I'm sure it would sell.

#232 6 years ago

Are there any images of what the translate and cabinet are going to look like in the VE?

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've heard this. Does this make the song unbalanced then if it can score far more points than almost all of the other songs? I realize it's difficult to balance such things across the board, but when Rosie, BIB, LTBR, WM and whatever other songs can't score close to the points that 1 or 2 can, then isn't that the definition of unbalanced scoring/rules?
Rob

No because the risks are different too

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Are there any images of what the translate and cabinet are going to look like in the VE?

7th post, page 1. Same as original, minus Phil

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL....I mean....that's AC/DC.

I know what you mean, but why not just some hand drawn version of them like on the pro? Or maybe just some album art? Or at least a picture with his shirt on? Don't take this as prude, if it was a girl I'd be perfectly fine.

#236 6 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I know what you mean, but why not just some hand drawn version of them like on the pro?

There's no hand drawn Pro.

#238 6 years ago

In the announcement it states "no Luci"

Luci did not sell very well at all and there must be a reason for that. We have one and love it! It was the last and only NIB premium that was available at the time in Australia.

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Luci did not sell very well at all and there must be a reason for that.

It did come at the end of the original run, sort of a way of them juicing some more sales out of the title. I think the market was just saturated at the time.

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm thinking the premium will be identical, except for the missing drummer and clear window.
I really hope they run some Luci's.

Stern already said 'no Luci' on their FB page.

Rob

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Typical pinside. Stern does a vault run of what is one of their best games and most people still piss and moan. Fix the code, the art sucks, the cannon sucks, the price is to high, they will find some way to cheap out on it, stern has crappy cabinets, stern has crappy clear coat, Gomez promised me code every 2 weeks, and on and on.
It truly is amazing how negative this site has slowly become.

Expressing an opinion or not agreeing with someone else isn't necessarily being negative. Yeah, some take it a bit far, but not everyone.

Rob

#242 6 years ago

The market was definitely saturated when they ran Luci. I recall several that bought and then had to sell because the wife/GF said hell no to the artwork and forced to sell. I wanted one but waited and then like that the run was done. I was kind of pissed at the time......been waiting for the right time/ price to get one. It seems there are an awful lot of people wanting a Luci....they would sell a bunch if they ran it. And Stern is about the money and Luci was not sold as an LE so they can run it. Demand your Luci now!!!

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey guys - this is interesting...I went and searched for some pics of The Pinball Arcade app version of AC/DC Premium...Phil was removed from the art! Soooo...prob a good idea what the Premium re-run this fall is going to look like. (Original translite included for comparison)

Good catch!

Rob

#244 6 years ago

I like the original art better. Glad I already have one!

#245 6 years ago

So no premium until the fall.

Star Wars has to be announced before that.

They've made it easier to wait for Star Wars now.

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This describes me perfectly...LOL

All but one of my games in my current collection were NIB. Like Rarehero said, I make a phone call, 3 days later I have my game. If there's any issues, I have a distributor on my side. No haggling, no looking over the machine, no driving 3 hours to pick it up.

I think the VEs are a definite improvement over the original. Better speaker panel, sticker on the panel, LED DMD (if original was plasma), metal backbox, no coffin lock and the game already has finished code. What's not to like?

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This describes me perfectly...LOL
All but one of my games in my current collection were NIB. Like Rarehero said, I make a phone call, 3 days later I have my game. If there's any issues, I have a distributor on my side. No haggling, no looking over the machine, no driving 3 hours to pick it up.
I think the VEs are a definite improvement over the original. Better speaker panel, sticker on the panel, LED DMD (if original was plasma), metal backbox, no coffin lock and the game already has finished code. What's not to like?

No coffin lock is an improvement? I beg to disagree.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No coffin lock is an improvement? I beg to disagree.

Hammer Lock is the coolest lock in pinball IMO.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The only reason why people say to go for Hell's Bells is they're used to playing on a premium. That shot is not at ALL safe on a pro where the ball feeds back much more quickly, and NEVER to the left orbit where it can be slapped off the rail and caught on the left flipper.
THAT SAID...I may be incorrect on the pros with swinging bells. That might take a lot of heat off the ball that otherwise would just come flying back out.

There should be a little wire redirecting the ball comming back from the bell on the PRO.
Does yours have it?

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Hammer Lock is the coolest lock in pinball IMO.

LOL...I'm guessing you don't know what a coffin lock is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 12.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-finally-revealed/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.