Unknown (resized).png
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
IMG_2356 (resized).jpg
IMG_4798 (resized).JPG
IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
4c4928d3-41c1-43b4-adbb-fb00bac4f23f_1000 (resized).jpg
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I assume you are joking? Luci is in no way a limited production machine! They can make as many as they want, you know that right?

Now they have renewed licence I bet at some point they will run some more Luci's but not until premiums are sold so maybe around December time.

#152 6 years ago

I'm not reall digging the new artwork but definitely better than the big ugly face. Premium is a must for this title so doesn't matter. Prices also seem a bit high for an old game but still great day for acdc fans. It seems like a no brainer for Stern to rerun what could be their best selling game. It just seems strange to do so at this time unless Star Wars is not ready until late this year.

#153 6 years ago

I think AC/DC has some of the best code period ... but like most who play the Premium/LE, I want to be able to play both playfields at once and have the bell lock be a bigger part of the game.

#154 6 years ago

The folks that did not get a pro/pre and REALLY wanted one must be quite excited. I've been there, so I am excited for you.

Diggin that Pro art....so glad they ditched the constipated Angus face. Can't wait to see what they are doing for the Premium. Would be cool if they did Hellen.

#155 6 years ago

And yet it's the same price as AS Pro which has a screen that is 100 times better

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMagnet:

All those overpriced used premiums are history! Yes!

Only for this year

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Would be cool if they did Hellen.

This would be the smart choice.

#158 6 years ago

It doesn't look like a real vault edition.
It's the pro led with a 5 minutes photoshop job and a higher price...

#159 6 years ago

Was hopping they going to replace Angus face with Axel's but unfortunately they didn't

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

Also, does this bring down Tron prices as well? It seems like the threat of a vault edition has to always be out there.

Hooray!!! A " dream TRON VE threat" has made it into a "reality" thread. Dream on, dream on ( wait, that's an AM tune)...

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's not a good precedent to set though. Unused inserts on a playfield can misrepresent rules and features that just are not there.
Rob

Clearly Lyman thought "cannon modes" weren't fun and ditched it for better and more interesting things. The inserts light up when you hit a cannon target. They're not unused.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Clearly Lyman thought "cannon modes" weren't fun and ditched it for better and more interesting things. The inserts light up when you hit a cannon target. They're not unused.

Lighting up and doing nothing isn't exactly 'used'. The inserts don't particularly indicate they should be modes so I thought maybe they can just indicate some kind of bonus point modifier for the cannon. For example, increase regular cannon shot values more for each insert lit (not including song/bonus/etc jackpots). At the start of multiball the cannon shot might be only worth around 300,000? What if all 4 inserts were lit made it 2 million instead? Now do you go for the target bank or bell on the cannon shot... It makes it a little more fun, adds variety to an otherwise meaningless cannon shot (barring other jackpot shots being lit). And change BIB to one lit target to qualify the notes, not the whole target bank! Maybe even have a difficulty setting for this. Nobody likes playing this song on the game and even Bowen says its crud in his rulesheet. Scoring can be one dimensional on the game if people consider HB + VIP the only way to score hundreds of millions of points in the game? Are there good points to be scored on the mini playfield? The game doesn't even tell me my total points when the time is up (would be nice to know how I did)? Is there any bonus for doing better on the lower playfield, like will it increase the note shot values a bit?

Just my thoughts about certain things in the game and being an owner.

Rob

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And yet it's the same price as AS Pro which has a screen that is 100 times better

But shots and code are vastly superior on AC/DC. You don't play that screen.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

But you talk about dots a lot.

#165 6 years ago

Dots are nice, and AC/DC has a mix of good ones and terrible ones; but it's still the best game Stern has ever made, despite some bad video clips on a DMD.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Lighting up and doing nothing isn't exactly 'used'. The inserts don't particularly indicate they should be modes so I thought maybe they can just indicate some kind of bonus point modifier for the cannon. For example, increase regular cannon shot values more for each insert lit (not including song/bonus/etc jackpots). At the start of multiball the cannon shot might be only worth around 300,000? What if all 4 inserts were lit made it 2 million instead? Now do you go for the target bank or bell on the cannon shot... It makes it a little more fun, adds variety to an otherwise meaningless cannon shot (barring other jackpot shots being lit). And change BIB to one lit target to qualify the notes, not the whole target bank! Maybe even have a difficulty setting for this. Nobody likes playing this song on the game and even Bowen says its crud in his rulesheet. Scoring can be one dimensional on the game if people consider HB + VIP the only way to score hundreds of millions of points in the game? Are there good points to be scored on the mini playfield? The game doesn't even tell me my total points when the time is up (would be nice to know how I did)? Is there any bonus for doing better on the lower playfield, like will it increase the note shot values a bit?
Just my thoughts about certain things in the game and being an owner.
Rob

I'm sure Lyman will do a finese update eventually....maybe in 8 years when B'66 is done

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I assume you are joking? Luci is in no way a limited production machine! They can make as many as they want, you know that right?

Luci is still a licensed game... even with the new artwork. You don't hear 'Luci songs' in the game do you??

While the game wasn't sold as a LE, his comment about low production is not off. Tho it wasn't what it was sold based on.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Scoring can be one dimensional on the game if people consider HB + VIP the only way to score hundreds of millions of points in the game?

I've been telling you people for YEARS that you need to be playing Thunderstruck and stacking it in with multiballs....but nobody ever listens! They don't listen, and they keep on losing leagues and tournaments, even after seeing me pull out 250 million+ games like nothing week after week after week and thread after thread on both Pros and LE's....

Nobody ever listens.

#169 6 years ago

And yet it's the same price as AS Pro

I wouldnt be so sure about that

Quoted from jar155:

Plus, what he said.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've been telling you people for YEARS that you need to be playing Thunderstruck and stacking it in with multiballs....but nobody ever listens! They don't listen, and they keep on losing leagues and tournaments, even after seeing me pull out 250 million+ games like nothing week after week after week and thread after thread on both Pros and LE's....
Nobody ever listens.

The great thing about AC/DC is that people can play it many different ways and still have fun. I have zero strategy and sometimes get 300 mil - 500 mil lol....I generally just try to get through as many songs as I can, play a lot of multiball, stack multiballs, hit the bell for 2x and 3x ...and the points fall where they fall. I've been playing the game for 5 years and it's just fun to rock out and play.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Luci is still a licensed game... even with the new artwork. You don't hear 'Luci songs' in the game do you??
While the game wasn't sold as a LE, his comment about low production is not off. Tho it wasn't what it was sold based on.

It is well rumoured that there are less Luci models around than the LEs. It could also be argued that the regular version was more popular than Luci. I personally prefer the original version. I think it would be good to see another completely different version to keep it more interesting.

#172 6 years ago

This game is amazing. I'd love to have one. There is a place near me with 30+ games or so and I can shake away on ACDC aaaall night long. The PRO's look equally great this time around with even better artwork. LED's really bring this baby to life. The original bulb Pro is not very nice to look at. Can't wait to see the VE Premium, but Pro would be so sufficient for me.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Nobody ever listens.

I often take Highway to Hell in tournaments because there are a lot of easy points on ball one and it puts pressure on the other players. You can usually get to switch songs by ball 2 anyway to take a good multiball song. I've advanced on AC/DC often by just using that strategy. It's not the best way to big points, but it's a great way to stress out your opponents early.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

....I generally just try to get through as many songs as I can, play a lot of multiball, stack multiballs, hit the bell for 2x and 3x ...and the points fall where they fall.

That's exactly how I played it as well. The challenge was always to get through the songs and most of the time I'd get through the first 30 seconds. Some songs I'd just avoid like, For those about to Rock, and others I would always have to play every time, like Thunderstruck.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I often take Highway to Hell in tournaments because there are a lot of easy points on ball one and it puts pressure on the other players. You can usually get to switch songs by ball 2 anyway to take a good multiball song. I've advanced on AC/DC often by just using that strategy. It's not the best way to big points, but it's a great way to stress out your opponents early.

Yes, but the point is...with my strategy...YOU DON'T SWITCH SONGS. EVER. And trust me, when I drop a 70 million loaf on ball 1 at league..it's not a low pressure situation for anyone including myself. 99% of the time I get screwed on Thunderstruck, it's because I was trying to stack multiballs instead of just taking the solo one.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Nobody ever listens.

I've heard this. Does this make the song unbalanced then if it can score far more points than almost all of the other songs? I realize it's difficult to balance such things across the board, but when Rosie, BIB, LTBR, WM and whatever other songs can't score close to the points that 1 or 2 can, then isn't that the definition of unbalanced scoring/rules?

Rob

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Pro play field looks a lot better.

Nominally different...

#178 6 years ago

Wonder if the Encore Edition of the Premium will have the Powdercoated armor or teardrop siderails .

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've heard this. Does this make the song unbalanced then if it can score far more points than almost all of the other songs? I realize it's difficult to balance such things across the board, but when Rosie, BIB, LTBR, WM and whatever other songs can't score close to the points that 1 or 2 can, then isn't that the definition of unbalanced scoring/rules?
Rob

I guess that depends on how averse you are to risk, or how skilled you are at correctly shooting the thunderstruck targets... if you're going to smash them straight on, then no... it's not unbalanced, because you will be justly punished for it. If you learn to graze a side and have the ball either go up the ramp or through the left orbit? Quite possible it's unbalanced because the risk is substantially less. But either way, you better be lighting FIRE letters and ALWAYS BE CASHING. And FFS, *DON'T CHANGE THE SONG*...or if you're going to, at least cash out the jackpot first...preferentially with a 2x bell.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Dots are nice, and AC/DC has a mix of good ones and terrible ones; but it's still the best game Stern has ever made, despite some bad video clips on a DMD.

Come On, stick people animations!

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Thunderstruck can also be one of the most dangerous modes to get going though. If you are great at the bell shot to keep 3x going thunderstuck can yield monster points. It's far from the easiest way to get points though. My largest game and biggest song jackpot all came on thunderstuck. Hells Bells and War Machine are much easier for decent scores usually. Thunderstruck is great if you are chasing a monster score.

#182 6 years ago

Hells Bells is the reliable song to pick for big points. You know what to do, the shot is fairly safe, and the score ramp is more even. I agree with Frax that Thunderstruck is a hidden monster, but you have to be on point to make it come together.

#183 6 years ago

new model comes with special cracking cabinet multi-ball!

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's exactly how I played it as well. The challenge was always to get through the songs and most of the time I'd get through the first 30 seconds. Some songs I'd just avoid like, For those about to Rock, and others I would always have to play every time, like Thunderstruck.

I never pick FTABT first - but if I know I have some multiballs close to being lit, it's a good one to pick....just because if I can keep my game going long enough for the fast part of the song to kick in, it's so satisfying. Especially when you get the ball in the cannon and slap the button right as the song goes "FIRE!" (Blam, hit a target) - WE SALUTE YOU!!!! Such a good feeling.

#185 6 years ago

I can't wait to find out the little surprises on the new things Stern has cheaped out on this new run.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Didn't Gomez say three cornerstones this year?

So does Gary at the German Pinball Open at Berlin this year.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I can't wait to find out the little surprises on the new things Stern has cheaped out on this new run.

The picture of the drummer was apparently eliminated. Replaced with....???!

Rob

#188 6 years ago

Still awful.
aurich decal is way better!

#189 6 years ago

I'm thinking the premium will be identical, except for the missing drummer and clear window.

I really hope they run some Luci's.

#190 6 years ago

This release means maybe I'll be able to find an original run Pro easier soon. Always wanted an AC/DC and this release might make the chances of coming across local for sale more likely.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This release means maybe I'll be able to find an original run Pro easier soon. Always wanted an AC/DC and this release might make the chances of coming across local for sale more likely.

IMO, I think you'd be better off with a new pro.

#192 6 years ago

Come on you don;t liek looking at some 65 year old dudes knees!?!

#193 6 years ago

Typical pinside. Stern does a vault run of what is one of their best games and most people still piss and moan. Fix the code, the art sucks, the cannon sucks, the price is to high, they will find some way to cheap out on it, stern has crappy cabinets, stern has crappy clear coat, Gomez promised me code every 2 weeks, and on and on.

It truly is amazing how negative this site has slowly become.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Hells Bells is the reliable song to pick for big points. You know what to do, the shot is fairly safe, and the score ramp is more even. I agree with Frax that Thunderstruck is a hidden monster, but you have to be on point to make it come together.

Ok I guess I missed it, how do you cash out huge points on thunderstruck?

#195 6 years ago

Why do some get so upset when remakes or vaults are done? MMr AFMr IMVE SMVE ACDCVE...

There WILL be others like MBr, LOTRVE, TRONVE. What's the big deal?

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Why do some get so upset when remakes or vaults are done? MMr AFMr IMVE SMVE ACDCVE...

It's a big deal because I don't have the cash to buy a Tron right now and if a vault came out and was priced right I would end up having to buy it

#197 6 years ago

The only reason why people say to go for Hell's Bells is they're used to playing on a premium. That shot is not at ALL safe on a pro where the ball feeds back much more quickly, and NEVER to the left orbit where it can be slapped off the rail and caught on the left flipper.

THAT SAID...I may be incorrect on the pros with swinging bells. That might take a lot of heat off the ball that otherwise would just come flying back out.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

How am I going to remain special if all my rare/valuable machines keep getting remade???

#199 6 years ago

Too bad AS isn't nearly the game AC/DC is huh? Lol

#200 6 years ago

I'm not bitching with this post, but I'm simply puzzled about Stern's decisions. But what do I know? They're apparently doing plenty of things right. While I do see a strong demand for AC/DC premiums, I do not see one for pros. I'm pretty surprised that a VE edition of that game is coming out. Used pros are in the 4's. I thought the rationale for LE's was to capitalize on games that were selling for more than NIB. So far, the only true blue VE prior to this one was IM, in my opinion. It was selling for 1K+ compared to NIB. It had slight modifications, but stayed pretty true to the original. It seems that as far as pros are concerned, Tron made the most sense by far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-finally-revealed/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.