Unknown (resized).png
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
IMG_2356 (resized).jpg
IMG_4798 (resized).JPG
IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
4c4928d3-41c1-43b4-adbb-fb00bac4f23f_1000 (resized).jpg
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And the lockdown bar latch system; i wasnt a fan at first, but now that i have one game with and one without, yea the new latch system is way better. Keeps that lockdown bar firm in place and is easier to lockdown without readjusting the lockbar.

I agree about the lockbar but hate the playfield pegs on my MET especially since the slide mech is the old one that expects you to lean on the apron to get it to slide back easily. Are they still using those pegs on new games?

MET also didn't have the holes drilled to add back the playfield slides so I had to drill. Talk about a crappy move to save a quarter. I hope they added those holes back at least.

Don't care about coffin lock vs the bolts since it is rare to put the head down.

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I loved it when i would have a game in my collection for a year+ and invite friends over in which one would lean their arm up on the back box and notice that the back box could have folded on us(me) at any point in time. Those coffin locks were just a disaster waiting to happen. Bring on the new locks!
And the lockdown bar latch system; i wasnt a fan at first, but now that i have one game with and one without, yea the new latch system is way better. Keeps that lockdown bar firm in place and is easier to lockdown without readjusting the lockbar.
Power switch; i could care less. New location just makes it a little harder for my 4 year old to power the games on and off which is a good thing! lol.

Finally, some common sense on these subjects!

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I loved it when i would have a game in my collection for a year+ and invite friends over in which one would lean their arm up on the back box and notice that the back box could have folded on us(me) at any point in time. Those coffin locks were just a disaster waiting to happen. Bring on the new locks!
Power switch; i could care less. New location just makes it a little harder for my 4 year old to power the games on and off which is a good thing! lol.

Huh?!? Why wouldn't you lock it when you first set up the game. Makes absolutely no sense for you not to do that. Once it's locked, its not coming unlocked unless again, you unlock it...

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Huh?!? Why wouldn't you lock it when you first set up the game. Makes absolutely no sense for you not to do that. Once it's locked, its not coming unlocked unless again, you unlock it...

I'm betting a lot of people don't ratchet it down all the way. They actually make a 3/4 turn if not a full turn do they not? Either way that is a far better latch than the W/B one and the bolts are just another cost cutting cheap out like the lockbar and the pegs instead or the rails and the cheap wood and......

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Only my Transformers has the coffin lock.
Star Trek came with the updated backbox, but with a 1/4" (?) allen wrench to screw the 2 bolts in. KISS came with current bolts for the backbox.
I believe during the Star Trek run is when they switched over to the bolts.

Huh didn't know that. I don't have anything that new. I like the coffin lock. Guess I'd have to check out the new system....

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I'm betting a lot of people don't ratchet it down all the way. They actually make a 3/4 turn if not a full turn do they not?

That could be. I always lock it, and then put pressure on the backbox to make sure it's locked.....

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Talking to distributors in several countries, and very little evidence of many sales.
I know you bought one, but you know full well that sales have been poor to abysmal.

which distributors in which countries? and no i don't, in the UK more folks seem to have bought Batman than AS! let see numbers...

Neil.

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Ugh, I hate the new heads on the games. The power switch in the head and the two bolts suck. Terrible design. Nothing will be better than the old latch system, but the previous Stern locks were better than the new style.

Love the new backboxes and all my games are on switches. I don't want to have to keep track of that gigantic Alan wrench.

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I down voted it because its ridiculous to ask for more code for one of the best coded games ever. Just proves that most people on pinside will never be happy with the code no matter what it's current state it. I don't own BM66, KISS, or WWE but I would much rather them work on those games as they actually still need some work.

Quoted from Rarehero:

You serious? ACDC is perfection. I love it. I've never been negative about ACDC. You dislike one f'ing game around here and the bitchforks come out.

Really? What about the THREE CANON INSERTS on the playfield. Are those part of the best coded game ever?

I don't think that asking sheets or anyone else at stern YTF aren't these still programmed is an unwarranted request.

ACDC is my favorite pin but this is a valid question.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Really? What about the THREE CANON INSERTS on the playfield. Are those part of the best coded game ever?

OMFG STFU about the cannon inserts...FFS...glarghghghghghhhhh....

Quoted from TVP:

I don't think that asking sheets or anyone else at stern YTF aren't these still programmed is an unwarranted request.

They are PROGRAMMED! They light up when you hit a target with the cannon. Just because they don't do what YOU want them to do doesn't make them "not programmed"

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

It is well rumoured that there are less Luci models around than the LEs.

171 Luci ACDC machines were built

Unknown (resized).pngUnknown (resized).png

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Lyman has already answered this. He had an original plan for them, he tried it, and it wasn't fun. So he didn't do it, because not fun is a good thing to not do.

At this point in time there's zero reason to expect that to ever change. The code is fine, just enjoy it.

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Yep, and she's a keeper!

IMG_2340 (resized).JPGIMG_2340 (resized).JPG

IMG_2342 (resized).JPGIMG_2342 (resized).JPG

#365 6 years ago

171 and plenty available always, who cares?

Well just the owners i guess.

#366 6 years ago

Gotta get this thread back on topic...

IMG_4798 (resized).JPGIMG_4798 (resized).JPG

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Rabscuttle:

Gotta get this thread back on topic...

UNOBTANIUM!

#368 6 years ago

Easy to misplace!! I have that exact kit. Guess which one is missing.

#369 6 years ago

Hey on the Pro with a swinging bell, what happens when the ball gets trapped behind the bell? Prem has a side exit to the left but I don't see that on the pro.

#370 6 years ago

Here's the how the backbone locks on my Star Trek LE.

IMG_2356 (resized).jpgIMG_2356 (resized).jpg

#371 6 years ago

And here is how the backbox locks on every Stern after Star Trek.

IMG_2355 (resized).jpgIMG_2355 (resized).jpg

#372 6 years ago

Can't happen on the pro as there is no scoop behind it. Stand up is still there you just get the bell to swing into it. You get a swing but not the same effect as the prem/le where you can get behind it.

#373 6 years ago

Sorry man there are more than 171 LUCI's a guy who is well connected told me, sorry dude

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

And here is how the backbox locks on every Stern after Star Trek.

I learned something at Pinfest, that there are bolt locations inside the head as well, so you don't have to bolt the back of the head, you can bolt it inside instead. Like the older B/W.

#375 6 years ago

Just decide on which standard you want for your collection and swap the bolts out for either all hex or all nut. If that is already a challenge.......

#376 6 years ago

have the details been released yet for the premium? wondering if it comes with powdercoated armor, and what the art package will look like?

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sorry man there are more than 171 LUCI's a guy who is well connected told me, sorry dude

So how many were produced then since you have insider info. Spill the beans if you are that confident.

We can speculate all day since Stern doesn't release production numbers. I have insider info too. But let's flashback to when Luci was announced. It was towards the tail end of the run of AC/DC. At the time it was released I believe some statements from Stern had already said that AC/DC was their best seller....not sure what that really means as no number of units sold was given to back that up. I was very interested in getting one but I had just got Metallica....at the time I also figured Luci would be available for a while...it was maybe 4-6 months later that Luci was done if I remember correctly. I was pissed at the time because I knew I missed the boat but life goes on. Stern can barely deliver a run of 500-600 LE's of a new release in 4-6 months. Initially Luci took off but after about a month many came up for sale...wife/ GF etc said get that thing out of here. So given the run was short I doubt they made more than 500 and that's being generous.....so while 171 may be low it's likely not anywhere near 500. Unless distributors bought and stockpiled them to cash in later. We know with LE's this happens all the time. Hot LE's sell out then after a couple years a NIB LE pops up for sale. Either way the number is most likely less than the number of AC/DC LE's made....and I mean less than either version separate and not combined...so less than 250 is probably a good speculation.

With all the new people buying new games today they could easily double the number of Luci sold if they ran it. It just seems some of the new releases are not near as fun as AC/DC. And with more people in the hobby now demand has increased and prices for used AC/DC are getting STUPID so it makes complete since for Stern to cash in. They can sell a few hundred units for more than the original run cost. Easy pay day for Stern.

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Can't happen on the pro as there is no scoop behind it. Stand up is still there you just get the bell to swing into it. You get a swing but not the same effect as the prem/le where you can get behind it.

I think in the year+ I owned my premium, I got the ball in the scoop behind the bell about a dozen times

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It makes sense, too many up for sale % wise for there to be 171.

I'd guess at least 500.

#380 6 years ago

Luci was announced in December of 2013. The last one came off the line in April of 2014. Stern initially ordered parts to build 250. The total run was 171. Stern thought they could sell 500. It was considered a complete flop of an idea by Stern at the time.

#381 6 years ago

is that true ??

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

There should be a little wire redirecting the ball comming back from the bell on the PRO.
Does yours have it?

...huh? The wire is just there to keep the ball from going STDM. I don't know if it's there or not at the location I play at, and frankly I don't care. I've seen bad returns on pros that have it and pros that don't. What I was talking about was the fact that on the Premium, there is a lane for the ball to not get stuck behind the swinging bell that feeds to the left orbit. It doesn't exist on the original Pros. Does it exist on the LED pros since they have the swinging bell? If so my point was entirely moot.

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

...huh? The wire is just there to keep the ball from going STDM. I don't know if it's there or not at the location I play at, and frankly I don't care. I've seen bad returns on pros that have it and pros that don't. What I was talking about was the fact that on the Premium, there is a lane for the ball to not get stuck behind the swinging bell that feeds to the left orbit. It doesn't exist on the original Pros. Does it exist on the LED pros since they have the swinging bell? If so my point was entirely moot.

No new pros don't have that lane. But the ball only goes in that lane after it comes out of the scoop behind the bell....so roughly 1 in 100 games lol. Just kidding probably 1 in 20 games.

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No new pros don't have that lane. But the ball only goes in that lane after it comes out of the scoop behind the bell....so roughly 1 in 100 games lol. Just kidding probably 1 in 20 games.

Nah, I agree with what you said. The shot to get into the bell scoop is really hard..when I had a premium and needed the scoop, basically the only sure-fire way was to hit the bell once, get it swinging then try and time the shot with the swing of the bell.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Nah, I agree with what you said. The shot to get into the bell scoop is really hard..when I had a premium and needed the scoop, basically the only sure-fire way was to hit the bell once, get it swinging then try and time the shot with the swing of the bell.

Yea I never had to clean that lane cause it was never used

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think in the year+ I owned my premium, I got the ball in the scoop behind the bell about a dozen times

Sounds like your bell was either out of alignment or the flippers were weak. I get the ball in the scoop usually atleast once a game. Some games 3-4 times.

#387 6 years ago

Where is my resolve. I'm starting to feel dirty because I want one.

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Where is my resolve. I'm starting to feel dirty because I want one.

Take a cold shower.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sounds like your bell was either out of alignment or the flippers were weak. I get the ball in the scoop usually atleast once a game. Some games 3-4 times.

I played ACDC often when I had mine. Getting it in the scoop behind the bell was difficult. Only seemed like when the bell was moving and another quick shot would make it past the bell.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Still doubtful they'll give Lyman time to finish AC/DC, even with this VE.

Come on, its more finished than most other games out there Id say Be happy!

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

how have sales been minuscule? Where do you get this information from?

Distributors who sell machines.

#392 6 years ago

AC/DC is one of the best games ever made. My LE is a keeper and will never leave. The gameplay is pure fun. The code is great as it is! Perhaps it's blasphemy and please don't vote me down for it, but I would like to see an update with the option implemented to choose if the game plays with the normal or the live versions of the songs. Why do they use more rom space than normal for live songs but don't use them in the gameplay? The same goes for the tricolored GI Leds, I still think they could be used better in a way like in Metallica. And if they could use different start animations for the multiball modes.... ...oh god this is all realy nitpicking......I better just go and put a few more games on it and have fun as it is. Bye!

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

AC/DC is one of the best games ever made. My LE is a keeper and will never leave. The gameplay is pure fun. The code is great as it is! Perhaps it's blasphemy and please don't vote me down for it, but I would like to see an update with the option implemented to choose if the game plays with the normal or the live versions of the songs. Why do they use more rom space than normal for live songs but don't use them in the gameplay? The same goes for the tricolored GI Leds, I still think they could be used better in a way like in Metallica. And if they could use different start animations for the multiball modes.... ...oh god this is all realy nitpicking......I better just go and put a few more games on it and have fun as it is. Bye!

From memory live songs was next to be implemented in the code as later code had the option in the menu but not active.

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

From memory live songs was next to be implemented in the code as later code had the option in the menu but not active.

Never knew they were there.

Shame, like other stuff, it got abandoned. 3 years since last update passed in March.

Maybe a 3 and a half year update in September, shortly before the Premium VEs go out?

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Never knew they were there.
Shame, like other stuff, it got abandoned. 3 years since last update passed in March.
Maybe a 3 and a half year update in September, shortly before the Premium VEs go out?

Maybe the 'live songs' not being enabled was a licensing issue? More songs would probably mean more royalty money for the band. We may never know for sure just as we will probably never see any update when the Encore Premiums ship. I would pay $50 for the live songs to be enabled on my game....

Rob

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe the 'live songs' not being enabled was a licensing issue? More songs would probably mean more royalty money for the band. We may never know for sure just as we will probably never see any update when the Encore Premiums ship. I would pay $50 for the live songs to be enabled on my game....
Rob

I'm pretty sure they would not be included if it was a licensing issue. They'd be in breach.

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

The live songs are playable through the attract-mode radio. Use the Fire button to switch between live/studio versions (AM/FM bands). I'll send you my PayPal address....

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

The live songs are playable through the attract-mode radio. Use the Fire button to switch between live/studio versions (AM/FM bands). I'll send you my PayPal address....

This is already general knowledge, so you are unfortunately disqualified from the contest..

I just got done playing some Luci.. I really need new coil stops for this game. The brass rings totally disintegrated... The little extra flipper travel really changes the shots. And I need to put a color dmd back in this game!

Rob

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Seems like some games do better than other with that shot. Mine's like your to where it goes back there pretty frequently on a clean shot. Friend of mine had a Luci and i don't think we ever got the ball back there on his.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Seems like some games do better than other with that shot. Mine's like your to where it goes back there pretty frequently on a clean shot. Friend of mine had a Luci and i don't think we ever got the ball back there on his.

Too bad there's no point to the saucer unless you are playing HB. It could at least give maybe a 1 or 2 million HB bonus with a bell bong during other songs...

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-finally-revealed/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.