Unknown (resized).png
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
IMG_2356 (resized).jpg
IMG_4798 (resized).JPG
IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
4c4928d3-41c1-43b4-adbb-fb00bac4f23f_1000 (resized).jpg
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

All they did was replace Angus. Ironically enough I tend to like the Angus head better than what they put there as their is to much empty space now for me. I know I'll be in the minority on that part.

Ha I kind of agree with you..although I never really hated the original face.

#102 6 years ago

You guys know that if you bend a little down and to the left that you can easily see the inserts under the cannon, right? It doesn't take much effort to see around it for the times the ball heads that direction.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Awwwwwwwwesome!!! Too all overpriced AC/DC scalpers.........

Hopefully Stern ups their QC on these VE's! At this point I would take a proven 2012 HUO AC/DC premium over a new VE with potential playfield and cabinet issues.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

Also, does this bring down Tron prices as well? It seems like the threat of a vault edition has to always be out there.

I am not so sure TRON is a lock for VE anymore. We'll see - at this point I am not expecting it.

#105 6 years ago

So much for Stern never remaking AC/DC because of licensing issues. Maybe that was just owners who kept saying it.

#106 6 years ago

Curious to see what changes are made to premium. Pro looks the same other than Angus face and swinging bell. Thinking I'm going to be happy keeping my premium if it's not a big art difference. Either way, nice that more people can now enjoy acdc.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am not so sure TRON is a lock for VE anymore. We'll see - at this point I am not expecting it.

people can debate all day (and they will) whether or not it is coming, but I think you have to acknowledge it's at least a credible threat when valuing a current Tron.

#108 6 years ago

Didn't the last release of the pro feature the swinging bell as well?

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes - the LED Pro had the swinging bell and LED's

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes. http://sternpinball.com/games/ac-dc/led-pro
The new AC/DC LED Pro features technological upgrades implemented by Stern in its current Pro models. In addition to the LEDs and the swinging bell, the new AC/DC LED Pro is manufactured with Stern’s updated modern metal and wood back box with a decaled cabinet and speaker housing. All the other great game features, art and music are unchanged from Stern’s earlier AD/DC Pro.

#111 6 years ago

How many people have placed their order for the game?

#112 6 years ago

Stern actually added LED lighting and the swinging bell on the Pro very late in AC/DC's original run.

#113 6 years ago

Love AC/DC but the Pinside police told me all DMD titles were passé now.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How many people have placed their order for the game?

I did. Will sell my Pro on order for $16K

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Love AC/DC but the Pinside police told me all DMD titles were passé now.

It's pretty smart in a number of ways. People want AC/DC and they have lots of dmds laying around.

I'm very surprised. This is the first real vault release besides iron man.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True. Spider-Man and especially Batman were major reworkings.

Here's hoping the Tron VE is more than just a "VE"

#117 6 years ago

I find it very interesting they announce it on FB but the Stern website does not have it posted yet. Interested to see if any changes are made to the premium and what pricing will be.

#118 6 years ago

The screenshots I saw show pictures of the pro but the text claims it has a lower playfield and drop targets. Hope their QC is better than their proofreading.

#119 6 years ago

I've been offered $8,000 for my AC/DC Premium more than once and I've turned it down every time. I'm pretty happy that people can pay less than that and get their own NIB experience. Seriously though, go premium on this one. Worth every penny of the upgrade cost.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I find it very interesting they announce it on FB but the Stern website does not have it posted yet. Interested to see if any changes are made to the premium and what pricing will be.

Their website has a link to the info at the bottom. They could use a vast improvement to the website for sure.

#121 6 years ago

Code of lower PF could be better. How about having both PF active at the same time?

Better rules scoring for lower PF, I like the way lower PF shoots, just never get any intensity when down under.

#122 6 years ago

Is it using spike?

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Code of lower PF could be better. How about having both PF active at the same time?
Better rules scoring for lower PF, I like the way lower PF shoots, just never get any intensity when down under.

Agree, besides some song balancing my only code request is to have a mode with both firing off at the same time. Maybe Steve and Lyman play tested that and disliked it.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Is it using spike?

Stern posted it's SAM

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious to see what changes are made to premium. Pro looks the same other than Angus face and swinging bell. Thinking I'm going to be happy keeping my premium if it's not a big art difference. Either way, nice that more people can now enjoy acdc.

Phil's gone. Prem will prob have him removed from the "dancing band".

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If it bothers anyone that the cannon inserts merely light up when you hit a target with the cannon, they're missing the big picture. That's some personal OCD shit that discounts the amazing above and beyond work Lyman did with the design he was given.

It's not a good precedent to set though. Unused inserts on a playfield can misrepresent rules and features that just are not there.

Rob

#127 6 years ago

From FB (sorry if already posted)

The game will be made with a SAM board set.
- The game will feature the most recent version of AC/DC code available.
- The Vault Premium will NOT be available in LUCI, but will be offered in a modified variation of the original premium art package.
- We will show photos of the vault Premium at a later time.
- Vault Premiums are not schedule to be made until late Fall of 2017

#128 6 years ago

Am I the only one yawning at this release?

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

so far......

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

ate Fall of 2017

Thank god. Anyone in Dallas need some part time help?

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Thank god. Anyone in Dallas need some part time help?

No sh%t......we just picked up a couple of pins.......need to let the cash flow heal. Woman says "No Go" on putting her FH up for sale....lol

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Better than BM66 (imo)

I think Stern sees the dumpster fire of BM66 and wants to move on asap.

#133 6 years ago

another half-assed release. why cant they announce this with pictures of both pins? almost as bad as jjp's dialed in reveal.

#134 6 years ago

Ok....choices are good. Maybe by late fall all the recent QC issues will be a non issue. Can decide then if I want to pick up an original run premium or new. Or could go Pro...it's one of the better Pro's though I prefer premium versions so I have all the features. Kind of shocked it will take until late fall for the premium to be released. Good thing is this will kind of drop prices on used premiums.

The only thing code wise they SHOULD fix is songs restarting from the beginning every ball. It should play through like Metallica does.

#135 6 years ago

This announcement is a win win, a win for my bank account as I have one already and a win for all the people wanting one without paying a premium price.
Also saying that, if I was in the market for one I would still hold out for the premium version, stern may have some surprises up it's sleeves, different art package like they have done with the pro.
I seriously doubt they would re-release the Luci version, that would upset a lot of people who already have their rare versions.

#136 6 years ago

Is Stern calling it a VE? Or just a re-run?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's pretty smart in a number of ways. People want AC/DC and they have lots of dmds laying around.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

another half-assed release. why cant they announce this with pictures of both pins? almost as bad as jjp's dialed in reveal.

Two things this tells you:

1) Star Wars is delayed
2) Premium artwork is not yet approved

#138 6 years ago

Nice, hoping for a SW update to go with the VE release. Also it'll be interesting to see how the premium VE cabinet and HW wise will differ from the original premium

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

As a former Premium owner.....I wonder if the Pro would work just fine? I really don't miss the lower player field on the premium.

The standups instead of drops make the side to side movement WAY more pronounced... I hate it.
The ramp doesn't have the cross over..
The bell difference (now negated).

I hate how the pro plays due to the standups making the ball movement so radical. On a pro people will just keep playing for the ramp super jackpots and jam.

#140 6 years ago

So the original pro model will be back down to $3,500 sweet!!

#141 6 years ago

The artwork is no better than the original imo, I liked the big Angus face. Sure as hell beats that goofy cartoon devil chick. I had a first run machine, been long gone and don't miss it at all. Congrats to all you who wanted one tho.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

So much for Stern never remaking AC/DC because of licensing issues. Maybe that was just owners who kept saying it.

More like people hear a fact... and act like it's forever and unchangable.

It's pretty much known the last time the negotiations didn't work to extend the license. Apparently some side budged now...

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

I seriously doubt they would re-release the Luci version, that would upset a lot of people who already have their rare versions.

I assume you are joking? Luci is in no way a limited production machine! They can make as many as they want, you know that right?

#144 6 years ago

I don't trust anything coming out of Stern right now. Vault may be newer, but not necessarilly better.

Classic for the win on this one.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I assume you are joking? Luci is in no way a limited production machine! They can make as many as they want, you know that right?

Exactly. I would not be surprised at all if the premium is a Luci. Why wouldn't they? This is a cash grab and that has the most demand!

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Exactly. I would not be surprised at all if the premium is a Luci. Why wouldn't they? This is a cash grab and that has the most demand!

That would definitely put me that much closer to buying one. If not 1 Luci at least some kind of pinup style deco.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Jinroh:

That would definitely put me that much closer to buying one. If not 1 Luci at least some kind of pinup style deco.

She DEVILS!

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

So the original pro model will be back down to $3,500 sweet!!

No way I would let my regular Pro go for that. The price will probably fall a little but it's not like guys are just going to be giving away a pro.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Is Stern calling it a VE? Or just a re-run?

"Encore Edition"

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Better than BM66 (imo)
I think Stern sees the dumpster fire of BM66 and wants to move on asap.

If you think so. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-finally-revealed/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.