By Trekkie1978

6 months ago

Stats

• 500 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ghost_World-_too_stupid-_poison-_edit-8065 (resized).jpg
f18b22052d02983ffbeb39a97d67db3d (resized).jpg
IMG_1351 (resized).JPG
IMG_2082 (resized).PNG
Unknown (resized).png
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
IMG_2356 (resized).jpg
IMG_4798 (resized).JPG
IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
4c4928d3-41c1-43b4-adbb-fb00bac4f23f_1000 (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_0732 (resized).JPG
IMG_7556 (resized).jpg
tyronebiggums (resized).jpg

There are 500 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 6 months ago

Pro play field looks a lot better.

#2 6 months ago

Where did you see this?

#3 6 months ago

Stern's Facebook.

Only has 2 pictures of the pro.

#4 6 months ago

sterns facebook!

"Back By Popular Demand, Stern Pinball Encores AC/DC Pinball Machine For Limited Time
World’s Leading Pinball Producer Announces Rock n’ Roll Pinball Favorite Back By Popular Demand
Elk Grove Village, IL – May 18, 2017 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball machines, announced today it was bringing back the popular AC/DC Pro and Premium pinball machines. Originally debuting in 2012, the AC/DC pinball machine honors one of the most legendary rock and roll bands the world has ever known.
The game features 12 classic AC/DC hits including “Back in Black,” “Highway to Hell” and “You Shook Me All Night Long.” Other exciting game features include two separate ramps, a lower playfield, a ball-shooting cannon, eight drop targets, a mechanized Hell’s Bell and animations of the AC/DC band. Players can also join the party with a TNT detonator and the Devil’s Jukebox. This tribute to one of rock and roll’s most memorable bands pushes the auditory limits with its sound, style and infectious riffs. The AC/DC machine is designed to rock. The AC/DC Pro features technological upgrades featuring all LED lighting and a swinging bell.
“The demand for the AC/DC machine was fantastic,” said Gary Stern, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball. “Fans were clamoring to order the machine after we sold out.”
Pricing and Availability:
MSRP for sales to USA end-users, before any VAT, GST, Sales Tax, Duties, or other taxes
Pro Version: $US 6,099 MSRP
Premium Version: $US 7,699 MSRP
AC/DC Pinball is available through authorized Stern Pinball distributors and dealers around the world.
About Stern Pinball, Inc.
Stern Pinball, Inc., headquartered just outside Chicago, Illinois, is the oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games in the world. Stern Pinball’s highly talented creative and technical teams design, engineer and manufacture a full line of popular pinball games, merchandise and accessories. Recent Stern titles include Aerosmtih, Batman ‘66, Ghostbusters, Game of Thrones, WWE WrestleMania, The Walking Dead, Mustang, Star Trek, Metallica, The Avengers, X-Men, Tron, Transformers, Avatar, Iron Man, Batman, Spiderman and many more! All of Stern Pinball’s games are crafted by hand and assembled by Stern Pinball’s expert team. A broad range of players enjoy Stern’s games from professional pinball players that compete in high-stakes international competitions around the globe to novice players who are discovering the allure of the silver ball for the first time. To join the fun and learn more, please visit http://www.sternpinball.com.
About Epic Rights:
Epic Rights is a full service global branding, licensing and rights management company dedicated to building celebrities and entertainment brands via its broad global network of retailers, licensees and agents. Working with a roster of top clients and brands, Epic Rights’ services includes licensing/branding, music merchandising, social media management, VIP ticketing and fan clubs. Epic Rights also oversees sponsorships and endorsements, digital archiving of all creative/photos/media assets and manages worldwide e-commerce for its clients in addition to providing in-house legal resources for trademark registration and audit management. Epic Rights is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. For more information, visit: http://www.epicrights.com.
About Perryscope Productions, LLC
Perryscope Productions, LLC is a New York-based licensing and merchandise company proudly representing “iconic and eclectic” clients such as Pink Floyd, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Janis Joplin, Otis Redding, Genesis, The Police (in association with Easy Partners, LLC), The Band, Syd Barrett, David Gilmour and the Woodstock Festival in partnership with Epic Rights. For more information, visit: http://www.perryscope.us."

#6 6 months ago

18486421_10155310385704244_6864447304246033194_n (resized).jpg

#7 6 months ago

18581657_10155310385654244_258819200438975501_n (resized).jpg

#8 6 months ago

the pro looks way better without the face

#9 6 months ago

So really nothing new by the looks of the pro besides speaker panel graphic and new center playfield art..... they could have at least colorized the DMD or added some Back Alley mods. Wish they would have redone art package like on SMVE

#10 6 months ago

At least the angus face was hand drawn

#11 6 months ago

Looks like the pro has a swinging bell as well?

#12 6 months ago

I'm glad they're re-running the game. It's one of the best of all time and everyone should get a shot to own one without paying scalper's prices.

I'm still very happy with my Pro!

IMG_1312 (resized).JPG

#13 6 months ago

Trying to figure out what's above the hells bells. Hopefully the pro has the premium swinging bell

#14 6 months ago

Read the release, does have the bell.

#15 6 months ago

NICE

#16 6 months ago

Hopefully it comes with a software update to make some inserts useful. New artwork is a step up I have to admit.

#17 6 months ago

It's odd. I never liked the face, but to me the new art makes it look considerably more like a "toy" than a commercial product.

Either way, congrats to anyone who can pick up an AC/DC now!

#18 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Read the release, does have the bell.

Yup, swinging bell per release. Sweet.

#19 6 months ago

Can't check FB at the moment. Are they only releasing Pro's or are thy gonna run premiums as well?

#20 6 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Can't check FB at the moment. Are they only releasing Pro's or are thy gonna run premiums as well?

Both...no premium pics yet.

#21 6 months ago

A little better resolution.

pasted_image (resized).png

#22 6 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

At least the angus face was hand drawn

Hand drawn god awful art is still god awful...

#23 6 months ago

Nice I like it.

In the market for my first Stern, and always like AC/DC release. I'll have to put it on my list to consider.

I agree looks much better without Angus' face dead center in the playfield. Though I do like the Devil lady mod.

#24 6 months ago

Wow! Now I want the pro! No need for that middle playfield or the angus face in the middle. Smart move!

#25 6 months ago

Still love my Luci much better

#26 6 months ago

Smart move on their part given all the people paying top dollar and more for premiums. Pro looks great. I will patiently wait for a local HUO and strike!

#27 6 months ago

I like it. Really want to see if the premium has changed!

#28 6 months ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Still love my Luci much better

I would too, she is a looker.

#29 6 months ago

They haven't released pics of premium yet... new pro art could mean lower playfield on premium will have art

#30 6 months ago

I think that the premium is the best game Stern has ever made, and the pro is a great game. But that price for the pro is ridiculous. They didn't do anything to justify that.

Great opportunity to get a flawless premium though.

#31 6 months ago

List price does not equal street price. It should be $5200 for the PRO in the USA.

Quoted from jar155:

I think that the premium is the best game Stern has ever made, and the pro is a great game. But that price for the pro is ridiculous. They didn't do anything to justify that. The Premium price is a little more acceptable, but still a bit crazy when you consider they didn't do anything but run more and raise the price.

#32 6 months ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Hand drawn god awful art is still god awful...

I actually didn't mind it. The problem now is that the new art is still nowhere near Helen package and this art making placing those decals impossible. I'm sure they considered that

#33 6 months ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think that the premium is the best game Stern has ever made, and the pro is a great game. But that price for the pro is ridiculous. They didn't do anything to justify that. The Premium price is a little more acceptable, but still a bit crazy when you consider they didn't do anything but run more and raise the price.

Yikes! Agreed, if I pull the trigger I'd have to be for the Premium.

#34 6 months ago

Phil's gone! ACDC Vault has no drummer! Still looks better than the orig Pro.

#35 6 months ago

Curious if the cab decals are hi-res & foil backed like IMVE . That'd be an improvement over the dithered mess on the previous.

#36 6 months ago

So I guess that is the one VE for the year then? Darn, was kind of hoping for Tron myself...

AS, BM66, AC/DC VE, Star Wars any day now... trying to remember what the suggested plan for the year was, should we expect anything else this year?

#37 6 months ago

ICEMAN I WANT A REFUND!!!!

Kidding. Ice made me a GREAT deal and she's a keeper. Great news though for everybody except Robert Winter!

#38 6 months ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Curious if the cab decals are hi-res & foil backed like IMVE . That'd be an improvement over the dithered mess on the previous.

2012 ACDC used high hes decals. No dithering.

#39 6 months ago

Think its built with the new style cabinets

#40 6 months ago

No prem pics?

#41 6 months ago

Just means that StarWars announcement gets pushed back again.

#42 6 months ago

I liked the Angus mug, now I can finally get a premium!

#43 6 months ago

What are the main differences between the PRO and PREMIUM models of this game?

#44 6 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

So I guess that is the one VE for the year then? Darn, was kind of hoping for Tron myself...
AS, BM66, AC/DC VE, Star Wars any day now... trying to remember what the suggested plan for the year was, should we expect anything else this year?

I was thinking they would announce Star Wars now and then announce third cornerstone at Expo with shipping around XMas

#45 6 months ago

So what's the street pro of the pro, $5400?

#46 6 months ago

Nope they need to showcase a new title at EXPO for the release party. Star Wars is perfect for that day, soI wouldn't expect Star Wars release news until July/August with debut at EXPO.

Quoted from ZMeny:

I was thinking they would announce Star Wars now and then announce third cornerstone at Expo with shipping around XMas

#47 6 months ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Just means that StarWars announcement gets pushed back again.

That's good news though. Hopefully they're taking their time and perfecting it/correcting all issues. As long as they get everything "IRONED" out before Maiden.... that'd be great.

#48 6 months ago

AC/DC is back!!! I still don't like the pro.....copy and paste....big whoop! Let's see what the premium looks like....hopefully with all the recent Stern "issues" it's a solid VE remake...and not a demake

#49 6 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

As long as they get everything "IRONED" out before Maiden.... that'd be great.

Fully agree as IronMaiden would be a title of interest if done right.

#50 6 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope they need to showcase a new title at EXPO for the release party. Star Wars is perfect for that day, soI wouldn't expect Star Wars release news until July/August with debut at EXPO.

Didn't Gomez say three cornerstones this year?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 9.95
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 380.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 500 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside