20230831_140057 (resized).jpg
20230831_140030 (resized).jpg
20230812_190743 (resized).jpg
20230812_190817 (resized).jpg
20230812_190720 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1690511860651 (resized).jpg
20230710_223232 (resized).jpg
20230710_223345 (resized).jpg
There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 58.
#1251 6 years ago

#1252 6 years ago

Please, don't listen to this on your cell phones, therefore don't fuckin' complain about sound quality!

#1253 6 years ago

Haha, its not the cel phone speakers that make the AA's guitar sound like a toy keyboard. It's their guitar sound. Dragon force is about as cheeseball as metal can get! Those slow motion hair flips in that video are hilarious! Their sound reminds me of video game soundtracks! Anyone every listen to Into Eternity?! Local boys from my town, they got a guitar sound that sounds like... a guitar!

#1254 6 years ago

Amon Amarth is METAL, so is Dragonforce.... I dig them both, what can I do?

Into Eternity is VERY METAL! They gotta a super hot chick singing for them now!

See? Life's so lighter when you have an open mind and don't bitch about little things....

#1255 6 years ago

A few metal vids to cheer the day:

#1256 6 years ago

Do you want it a little bit heavier? We got them too!

#1257 6 years ago

My latest acquisitions:

IMG_20170515_124952 (resized).jpgIMG_20170515_124952 (resized).jpg

#1258 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

As a matter of fact, I just came here to say:
mastodon SUCKS BIG BALLS!!!!

Amen to that brotha!

#1259 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Amen to that brotha!

#1260 6 years ago

Haha..all good! My flavour is more stoner/doom so lots of room to critique my fav's... for the record..im not a huge IE fan! I did play little league baseball with Tim & support them 100% tho. That new singer is smoking hot tho..Stu was a beast tho

#1261 6 years ago

Ordering today:

00-dimmu_borgir-forces_of_the_northern_night-2cd-flac-2017-proof (resized).jpg00-dimmu_borgir-forces_of_the_northern_night-2cd-flac-2017-proof (resized).jpg

#1262 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Haha..all good! My flavour is more stoner/doom so lots of room to critique my fav's... for the record..im not a huge IE fan! I did play little league baseball with Tim & support them 100% tho. That new singer is smoking hot tho..Stu was a beast tho

Yeah, STU kicks butts, for sure! And, as I always say: 80's THRASH METAL rules!

#1263 6 years ago

1494865662183316746546 (resized).jpg1494865662183316746546 (resized).jpg

#1264 6 years ago

Death is This Communion is just fucking PERFECT, start to finish, first to last, beginning to end,...amen. I've seen a lot of shows, and they are by far the loudest band I've ever seen.
Never got a chance to see Jucifer though...

#1265 6 years ago

Here's what's going down this mornin...
First person to play You Shook Me All Night Long is gettin knocked the fuck out.
20170515_095550 (resized).jpg20170515_095550 (resized).jpg

#1266 6 years ago

D Bow did you pick up the latest HoF album? I've got every one but that one. Hell I might be 2 behind by now. Wondering how good it is.

#1267 6 years ago

ACDC is a ROCKIN. Damn this is a killer machine. Easier to make left/right ramp combos on this than MET I think.

#1268 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Amon Amarth is METAL, so is Dragonforce.... I dig them both, what can I do?

Burn all current material then listen to Venom for the next year or so followed by Slayer and then Six Feet Under with a daily listening of Zero the Hero either by Sabbath or the Cannibal Corpse cover, that should cleanse you of those bands.

MORTUAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

#1269 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Burn all current material then listen to Venom for the next year or so followed by Slayer and then Six Feet Under with a daily listening of Zero the Hero either by Sabbath or the Cannibal Corpse cover, that should cleanse you of those bands.
» YouTube video
MORTUAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd take your advice to heart except for zero the hero by sabbath!

#1270 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'd take your advice to heart except for zero the hero by sabbath!

Thats a big part of it, to rid urself of all Eurotrash Metal and bad Death Metal like Arch Enemy you must do this, Zero the Hero is one of the finest heavy songs ever written, do it man, Good Luck

#1271 6 years ago

#1272 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats a big part of it, to rid urself of all Eurotrash Metal and bad Death Metal like Arch Enemy you must do this, Zero the Hero is one of the finest heavy songs ever written, do it man, Good Luck
» YouTube video

Dude, I'm sorry but I don't think you're being serious by talking shit about ARCH ENEMY!

And please excuse me, but Sabbath only with Ozzy or DIO - the rest is Tony Iommi's solo project, I don't count it as Sabbath, I don't even own any of these albums...

Now have fun with one of the best guitar riffs EVER:

#1273 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dude, I'm sorry but I don't think you're being serious by talking shit about ARCH ENEMY!

Arch enemy sucks and so does that Vince Neil, you are cleary a different kind of metal head than me but thats cool

#1274 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

best guitar riffs EVER

gimme a break, lol -- just wasted 30 seconds of my life. Hey at least he could still sing back then.
mof

#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Arch enemy sucks

Awww, Can't it be a guilty pleasure?
I enjoyed one album a few dozen times, back in 2004... "Anthems of Rebellion"
Think they changed singers and I was out!
-mof

#1276 6 years ago

My favorite metal dudes. I took this photo a few years ago before we headed into the Golden Gods Awards at the Nokia Theater in LA.

550215_10150638948647396_625062762_n (resized).jpg550215_10150638948647396_625062762_n (resized).jpg

#1277 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

D Bow did you pick up the latest HoF album? I've got every one but that one. Hell I might be 2 behind by now. Wondering how good it is.

I just checked.,The latest was Luminiferous 2015..i just phoned the record store dude and ordered it! I dont have it. Haha.death is this communion is my fav too.! Steve albinni produced it.. So good!

#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

See? Life's so lighter when you have an open mind and don't bitch about little things....

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

As a matter of fact, I just came here to say:
mastodon SUCKS BIG BALLS!!!!

I read this article last week, the more I thought about it the truer it became.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/12/06/metal-fans-hopelessly-stuck-past/

rd

#1279 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I just checked.,The latest was Luminiferous 2015..i just phoned the record store dude and ordered it! I dont have it. Haha.death is this communion is my fav too.! Steve albinni produced it.. So good!

Ha! I'm not the only dude that has my record store guy on speed dial.

#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Awww, Can't it be a guilty pleasure?

Of course, I was an Angela fan that's for sure, one or two songs but for the most part its just so darned Eurotrash.

740full-angela-gossow (resized).jpg740full-angela-gossow (resized).jpg

#1281 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

1) mastodon suck big balls;
2) 80's Thrash Metal rules!

Just to make sure!

PS: To this day my dad says that the last great artist was Elvis Presley and since then music in general sucks.. it was not so long ago I got him into Stray Cats, but every other rockabilly music sucks too.... maybe that kind of behaviour could also explain why I hate video-games and love pinball!!!

#1282 6 years ago

Just ordered more EuroTHRASH for my collection:

ebay.com link: link

#1283 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Talking of vinyl, I'm going to sell my vinyl collection. Hasn't been listened to in 10-20 years, doubt I'll be listening to it again.
Mostly NZ pressings of classic 80s stuff from AC/DC, maiden, priest, Saxon etc.
NZ pressings bring good dough on EBAY. If you want it before I EBAY it, let me know.
Here's my Priest collection.
rd

Holy hell! So tempting, Stained Class is one of my favorite albums of all time. As is Unleashed in the East, Sad Wings, Hell Bent. Hmmm....

#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

1) mastodon suck big balls;
2) 80's Thrash Metal rules!
Just to make sure!
PS: To this day my dad says that the last great artist was Elvis Presley and since then music in general sucks.. it was not so long ago I got him into Stray Cats, but every other rockabilly music sucks too.... maybe that kind of behaviour could also explain why I hate video-games and love pinball!!!

Mastodon sucks balls? And so does all rockabilly except for the Stray Cats? Nope.

#1286 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Mastodon sucks balls? And so does all rockabilly except for the Stray Cats? Nope.

That's what my dad thinks.... I agree with him about mastodon...

#1287 6 years ago

Dude. DRI has been on tour since 1985. This is not news. Seen em last 5 years in a row AND Kurt runs the merch table, always has. Crazy to go buy yer shirt from him, chat with him, then see him blow the fuckin doors out, annually.

#1288 6 years ago

Who am I? D.R.I.

#1289 6 years ago

I agree with him about Elvis being great! I own Elvis albums & I have loved D.R.I. since the day I saw the "beneath the wheel" video when I was barely a teenager! I'm all over the map on music

#1290 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

mastodon suck big balls

Pfft, only the most influential metal sound for the last 17 years.
Big Fail there cowboy.
-mof

#1291 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Big Fail there cowboy.
-mof

I know their last couple albums been a bit of a drop off for me but Leviathan and Blood Mountain are classics.

#1292 6 years ago

zero the hero fuckin rules ! i love D.R.I. too , but havent seen them live since the early 90's in regina at the students union building ( the old one)

#1293 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Big Fail there cowboy.
-mof

Love them or hate them, Mastodon are putting good rock/metal out there in the marketplace, and selling out tours.

I'm not a great fan of Avenged Sevenfold, but they're doing the same.

I embrace all hard rock/metal music. I might not like it all, but the more, the better. I can generally see good things in all hard music.

Some metal guys need to ask themselves, whats gonna happen when Maiden stop touring? Slayer? Priest? They're all coming to the end of the road. Look at Motörhead. Gone.

Who's going to keep waving the flag? Only a few modern metal bands can sell out arenas...
Slipknot
Avenged
Mastodon
Five Finger Death Punch
Mayyyybe Lamb of God, but not just by themselves.

Anyone else we can add to the list?

The point is, if you don't support the new metal coming out, what's going to happen? We will all end up wearing Stetsons and listening to Garth Brookes. Lol

rd

#1294 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

whats gonna happen when Maiden stop touring? Slayer? Priest?

What will happen?
The other 4,997 metal bands will keep writing music and touring -- ~100 of which are great bands.
Agreed. Go to local shows. Do it now.
-mof

#1295 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What will happen?
The other 4,997 metal bands will keep writing music and touring -- ~100 of which are great bands.
Agreed. Go to local shows. Do it now.
-mof

I'll go to pretty much any hard rocking show that comes to Auckland. I see the same people at most of them.

I was surprised at the Nashville Pussy show two weeks back though. Probably only 100-150 people there, and almost nobody under 40 I would say. The bar was 18+, but there were no young people there.

Maybe Nashville Pussy falls between the cracks a little, because they aren't metal, they aren't alternative, they are something else.

There were more young dudes at the last KSE gig here (2nd March) but again, mainly older dudes.

I just hope metal doesn't die with our generation.

rd

#1296 6 years ago

Pinside error.

#1297 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I just hope metal doesn't die with our generation.

Aye.
-mof

#1298 6 years ago

PUNKS NOT DEAD

#1299 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I'm struggling to think of anything new and innovative in any music genre. Country/Pop is as formulaic as ever, and just like Metal, Hip Hop was also a lot more fun and lively in the 90's than it is today. Dare we discuss the age of the most popular classical music symphonies?

#1300 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I'm struggling to think of anything new and innovative in any music genre. Country/Pop is as formulaic as ever, and just like Metal, Hip Hop was also a lot more fun and lively in the 90's than it is today. Dare we discuss the age of the most popular classical music symphonies?

I concur. In most formats, we have heard it all before. There are only so many musical notes on a guitar/piano. And when someone does something innovative, nobody wants to hear it.

Shall I bring up my Avengers pinball analogy again?

rd

There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-metal/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.