20230831_140057 (resized).jpg
20230831_140030 (resized).jpg
20230812_190743 (resized).jpg
20230812_190817 (resized).jpg
20230812_190720 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1690511860651 (resized).jpg
20230710_223232 (resized).jpg
20230710_223345 (resized).jpg
There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 58.
#1101 7 years ago

You can dislike my song but to dislike Mels Rockpile is just wrong, I'll give you a pass you live a land where this is popular.

MacarenaLosDelRio (resized).jpgMacarenaLosDelRio (resized).jpg

#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You can dislike my song but to dislike Mels Rockpile is just wrong, I'll give you a pass you live a land where this is popular.

huh.... I don't know that either...

#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

huh.... I don't know that either...

exactly!

#1104 7 years ago

fyi: Rio de Janeiro is one thing... "los del rio" (which I surely never heard of) is a completely different thing and has nothing to do with it.

Anyways, please forgive me if my post offended you... I would never expect that kind of music on a metal thread!

Oh, and btw, Megadeth and Dave Mustaine are as metal as hell!!!!

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Anyways, please forgive me if my post offended you... I would never expect that kind of music on a metal thread!
Oh, and btw, Megadeth and Dave Mustaine are as metal as hell!!!!

You didn't offend me, well Mels Rock Pile but I doubt you know SCTV its all good, I was just kidding with regards to the Macarena as for Dave once he found jesus and made Youthanasia Megadeth kinda sucks, I did like the latest album. Its strange because I find that riff to be pretty heavy but I wrote it so probably just me and my drummer isn't a metal guy so it kinda comes off weird. I'll ask you this, do you like Iron maiden after Powerslave? or Metallica after the Justice, just curious.

#1106 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

do you like Iron maiden after Powerslave? or Metallica after the Justice, just curious.

YES! NO!

#1107 7 years ago

Man I've tried to like Iron Maiden after powerslave and can't find anything. Enlighten me please.

#1108 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Still making music.
» YouTube video

Man that's the coolest video ever!

Funky dancing for the win!

rd

#1109 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man I've tried to like Iron Maiden after powerslave and can't find anything. Enlighten me please.

I stuck with them up to Seventh Son .. that was the last one I bought.

Certainly the best stuff is up to and including Powerslave/Live after Death live LP.

IMHO.

rd

#1110 7 years ago

Another great from Oakland: Drunk Horse

Talk about great riffs: Some band has been studying their 70's heavy rock... and they nail it.

#1111 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I stuck with them up to Seventh Son .. that was the last one I bought.
Certainly the best stuff is up to and including Powerslave/Live after Death live LP.

yeah after powerslave its kinda sounding like eurotrash metal, perfect for a soccer theme.

#1112 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Still making music.
» YouTube video

That's nice man. My one year old started immediately dancing.

#1113 7 years ago

RD you should fly in for Maiden Chicago June 15th...I got a pit ticket for ya.

#1114 7 years ago

Or you Hazoff, Mendes, mof,...Bueller...who wants a Chicago pit ticket? (Just kinda guessing RD is gonna decline, but if he doesn't, all bets are off.)

#1115 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

That's nice man. My one year old started immediately dancing.

I'm making dance music I didn't even know I saw Maiden when I was 10 at Maple Leaf Gardens for Powerslave and I'm keeping that as my live Maiden memory but thanks anyway, I haven't been to a concert for 20 years, I'd rather make dance music in my basement...........

#1116 7 years ago

Toronto not far from Chicago. You should come down for Maiden dude.

#1117 7 years ago

IF RD can't.

#1118 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

RD you should fly in for Maiden Chicago June 15th...I got a pit ticket for ya.

Thanks buddy! But I will be in Denmark in June!

I've seen Maiden enough times that I don't really need to see them again. But of course I will next time they come to town.

The Chicago Open Air concert has an awesome line up! I'm envious I can't get to that ...

rd

#1119 7 years ago

Went to a great show in Pittsburgh a week back.

Anthrax, Killswitch Engage, Devil Wears Prada, and Jasta.

Highlight was when Belladona came out with KSE and sang Holy Diver. Nice!

Great venue too, Stage AE. Good crowd, good times.

rd

IMG_5459 (resized).JPGIMG_5459 (resized).JPG

IMG_5486 (resized).JPGIMG_5486 (resized).JPG

IMG_5485 (resized).JPGIMG_5485 (resized).JPG

IMG_5500 (resized).JPGIMG_5500 (resized).JPG

IMG_5541 (resized).JPGIMG_5541 (resized).JPG

IMG_5545 (resized).JPGIMG_5545 (resized).JPG

#1120 7 years ago

Just noticed this thread. Been a thrasher for a long time. Built this, hope it gets some love lml

IMG_20160408_115850 (resized).jpgIMG_20160408_115850 (resized).jpg

#1121 7 years ago

I'm going to that show next week, who was the headliner, Anthrax?

#1122 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm going to that show next week, who was the headliner, Anthrax?

No, KSE came on last.

But I think it's a co-headline. They both played the same amount of time.

Wouldn't surprise me if they mixed up who was last.

KSE would be pretty hard to follow, to be honest. They go hard the whole show.

rd

#1123 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No, KSE came on last.
But I think it's a co-headline. They both played the same amount of time.
Wouldn't surprise me if they mixed up who was last.
KSE would be pretty hard to follow, to be honest. They go hard the whole show.
rd

That sucks, for me, I'm there to see Anthrax, could care less about the other bands. The only song I know from KSE is Holy Diver and that's not even their song. Oh well should be a great show anyway.

#1124 7 years ago

post powerslave > first five albums

#1125 7 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

post powerslave > first five albums

No way! Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Number of the Beast, Killers, Iron Maiden in that order are way better then anything post Powerslave.

#1126 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That sucks, for me, I'm there to see Anthrax, could care less about the other bands. The only song I know from KSE is Holy Diver and that's not even their song. Oh well should be a great show anyway.

Be prepared to be impressed by KSE.

rd

#1127 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Highlight was when Belladona came out with KSE and sang Holy Diver. Nice!

Wheres the pictures of Belladona? She is great.

#1128 7 years ago

Dudes...

1) Maiden will ALWAYS rule (I've got all of their albums - their latest ones on 180g vinyl)!
2) So as ANTHRAX (and JOEY BELLADONNA) and MEGADETH!!!
3) 80's THRASH METAL is the fucking best so all these "new-metal" stuff stinks (KSE i.e.).
4) Gryzz, thanks for the invitation (never been to Chicago), but, you know, it's a far, far trip from home!

#1129 7 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

No, Dave converted to Christianity and became wildly right-wing politically. His music changed to reflect the new dynamic(along with his bizarre ideas about witchcraft and black magic; RE: "The Conjuring"), and a lot of old fans said "meh" and walked away. IMO, "Train of Consequences" was the last song he wrote that I found remotely interesting(and it is a pale imitation compared to what he wrote before). I'll replay the hell out of the old catalog, though.
Metallica did their weird phase, and I didn't dig it. I do like most of Hardwired, so I would still pop for a concert ticket. They wrote Master of Puppets, so I am prepared to forgive a multitude of sins.
I miss Pantera. Some of Phil's newer bands sound ok, when he's not being such a stupid dick that I turn it off.
Slayer is, and always will be, Slayer.
Right now, I'm going back and discovering the metal bands that I missed during my early married days. Tis a glorious time of discovery.

You should check out "the system has failed" - tons of great riffs on there and Dave re-hired Chris Poland to do a bunch of solos on the record so it has a very old school feel at times, but with the heaviness of early/mid-90s Megadeth.

#1130 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Be prepared to be impressed by KSE.
rd

I've never been able to figure Killswitch out. What would you recommend as their best? I'm an Old school thrash fan but also like a lot of the Gothenburg scene and classic metal

#1131 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dudes...
1) Maiden will ALWAYS rule (I've got all of their albums - their latest ones on 180g vinyl)!
2) So as ANTHRAX (and JOEY BELLADONNA) and MEGADETH!!!
3) 80's THRASH METAL is the fucking best so all these "new-metal" stuff stinks (KSE i.e.).

Sorry man but metal is faster, more brutal and better than ever, Iron Maiden after Powerslave is pretty much shit, Anthrax and Mega have their place but only the oldschool stuff and while I like 80's thrash it has been crushed by the mighty anvil that is Death Metal.

#1132 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You should check out "the system has failed" - tons of great riffs on there and Dave re-hired Chris Poland to do a bunch of solos on the record so it has a very old school feel at times, but with the heaviness of early/mid-90s Megadeth.

I went to youtube and sampled a couple of songs. "Kick the Chair" sounds ok. I may pick up a secondhand CD at some point. Depends on how obnoxious and preachy the rest of the album is. I couldn't stand United Abominations. Picked it up used, and it was being traded back after the first listen.
Part of it is admittedly his political and social views. Kinda hard to like a song when the lyrics piss you off.

#1133 7 years ago

One of the best newer thrash bands. Sadly they just disbanded :/

#1134 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

better than ever

This is unquestionable.

The metal scene is better than ever, I can barely keep up with it all... And the amount of variety is incredible from stoner/doom to progressive/death...

1983: 10-20 great bands: (I can't even name 20) Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Mercyful Fate, Slayer, Dio, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Accept, Megadeth, Kreator, etc. -- and some honorable mention 70s heavy-rock bands sticking around: (Scorpions, Riot, etc)
2017: ~100 great bands out of about 5000 metal acts that you can listen to on Spotify

Case Closed.
Good time to be alive.
-mof

#1135 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

the mighty anvil that is Death Metal

There are some examples of DM that I dig. I generally want something with anger and energy that gets my blood pumping. Something I can sing(ok, yell ) to in the car when I'm tired from sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours and the traffic is slowing to a crawl. That's the metal that revs my engine

#1136 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

This is unquestionable.
The metal scene is better than ever, I can barely keep up with it all... And the amount of variety is incredible from stoner/doom to progressive/death...
Before: 10-20 great bands in 1983: (I can't even name 10) Metallica, Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate, Slayer, Dio, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Accept, Megadeth, etc.
After: 50-100 great bands in 2017 out of about 5000 metal acts that you can listen to on Spotify
Case Closed.
Good time to be alive.
-mof

Truth! Even have alot of older bands releasing killer new albums now a days. I can't get enough of the new Obituary

#1137 7 years ago

I'm into THRASH and a few other variations (speed, death, black...) but all these doom, sludge, stoner, nu, etc... sorry guys, it means ZERO to me!

Who here likes babymetal? ugh...

#1138 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Who here likes babymetal?

Had to google that. Can't say that I'm a fan. I feel like a kaiju should be dancing in the background(and maybe one does, I killed the song after a few seconds).

#1139 7 years ago

Babymetal is lame. It's all about Hevisaurus if you want metal for your kids. Finnish Dinosaur heavy metal lml

#1140 7 years ago

My kids listen to Vital Remains and Obituary not some watered down dumb shit. We all want the best for our kids right?

#1141 7 years ago

Vektor is bad ass. They just played Indy not too long ago. Couldn't make it but heard it was a face melter.

#1142 7 years ago

baby Metal, don't listen but way to make some weird ass shit work.

#1143 7 years ago

Don't get me wrong my kid is 3 and already requests Exhumed! But when he tries to watch something like Barney I'm like " Hey check this out instead."

Vektor never disappoints when they lived in Phoenix they would play every other weekend it seemed.

#1145 7 years ago

Anyone in Europe must check-out brazilian's finest thrash metal.

https://www.facebook.com/jackdevilband/

18033410_1339373612822300_4512231300118894011_n (resized).jpg18033410_1339373612822300_4512231300118894011_n (resized).jpg

#1146 7 years ago

And those who don't know these girls should be ashamed!

https://www.facebook.com/femalethrash/

#1147 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I've never been able to figure Killswitch out. What would you recommend as their best?

Music is subjective ... as you can see by the other posters in this thread, everyone likes something different.

What I like about KSE is the guitar playing, guitars tuned to C, some really inventive riffs. And the music has a groove to it, and some melody, as opposed to being just a wall of noise.

KSE has had 2 different singers ... Jesse Leach was first, he got disenfranchised with the industry and left, Howard Jones came in, he got bad depression, and Jesse came back again.

Here's a recent show from 2016 ... check it out.

rd

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I went to youtube and sampled a couple of songs. "Kick the Chair" sounds ok. I may pick up a secondhand CD at some point. Depends on how obnoxious and preachy the rest of the album is. I couldn't stand United Abominations. Picked it up used, and it was being traded back after the first listen.
Part of it is admittedly his political and social views. Kinda hard to like a song when the lyrics piss you off.

Totally agree, especially about united abominations. I don't remember a single song on that album that I got into. "Blackmail the universe" is good and I think the Scorpion , most of the record is real good. It's no RIP but nothing is

#1149 7 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Totally agree, especially about united abominations. I don't remember a single song on that album that I got into. "Blackmail the universe" is good and I think the Scorpion , most of the record is real good. It's no RIP but nothing is

#1150 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Who here likes babymetal?

I do, who would have thought little Japanese girls singing and dancing to speed metal would work so well, remember once you take Metal too seriously it becomes kinda lame.

There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-metal/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.