20230831_140057 (resized).jpg
20230831_140030 (resized).jpg
20230812_190743 (resized).jpg
20230812_190817 (resized).jpg
20230812_190720 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1690511860651 (resized).jpg
20230710_223232 (resized).jpg
20230710_223345 (resized).jpg
There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 58.
#1151 7 years ago

How can't you at least smile while watching this, its pretty heavy and I gotta say its better than a lot of poser Metal I hear these days.

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm into THRASH and a few other variations (speed, death, black...) but all these doom, sludge, stoner, nu, etc... sorry guys, it means ZERO to me!
Who here likes babymetal? ugh...

what about HIGH ON FIRE ?!

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I do, who would have thought little Japanese girls singing and dancing to speed metal would work so well, remember once you take Metal too seriously it becomes kinda lame.

I have no problem with them either.

Anything that gets metal out to the masses is cool with me.

rd

#1154 7 years ago

Megadeth's newest album, Dystopia, is awesome. One of my favorites now along with RIP, Peace Sells, and So Far So Good. Old school is still kickin ass!

#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Once you take Metal too seriously, it becomes kinda lame.

This needs to be made into a shirt

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

remember once you take Metal too seriously it becomes kinda lame.

What, it becomes Dethklok? Brutal, man!

#1160 6 years ago

An actually entertaining video...Allegaeon!

#1161 6 years ago

Don't believe I have posted here but I have been a metal fan for some time now enjoying bands / artists ranging from early metal to nu-metal such as Led zeppelin , Black Sabath , Motley Crue , Mötorhead , Iron Maiden (Paul di'anno years to powerslave) , Scorpions , Judas Priest , Dio , Hammerfall, DragonForce, Sonata Antartica , Metallica (pre Justice for all) , Anthrax , Megadeth , Children of Bodom, White zombie / rob zombie, Nine inch nails, Rage against the machine , Korn , System of a Down , Slipknot , Disturbed, Babymetal (I will get some hate for this and I don't care) , Amaranthe, Tŷr, Tokyo Blade and much more.

To be fair music taste is subjective which makes us all different such as black and death metal being a sub-genre which I have not clicked with, I might give it another shot at some point.

#1162 6 years ago

New song:

#1163 6 years ago

#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

black and death metal being a sub-genre which I have not clicked with

It didn't click with me either until I saw Lamb of God and Opeth in concert (opening for Megadeth)... neither of which are actually black or death metal, but it's the first use of that vocal style that worked for me. I love this video off of their Sacrament album, and on their following album Wrath, Randy Blythe's vocals are even more dynamic.

#1165 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It didn't click with me either until I saw Lamb of God and Opeth in concert (opening for Megadeth)... neither of which are actually black or death metal, but it's the first use of that vocal style that worked for me. I love this video off of their Sacrament album, and on their following album Wrath, Randy Blythe's vocals are even more dynamic.
» YouTube video

Opeth was, at a time, definitely black metal. Orchid and Morningrise are black metal classics.

#1166 6 years ago

So I was listening to Suicidal Tendencies newest album the other day on Kodi and was flipping thru the Metal categories page and came across a genre I'm not familiar with.

Folk Metal?

#1167 6 years ago

Folk Metal is European folk mythology, VIKING METAL!

#1168 6 years ago

VADER
Silent Empire

#1169 6 years ago
Quoted from Arrakis:

Folk Metal is European folk mythology, VIKING METAL!
» YouTube video

You guys must listen to Alestorm!

#1170 6 years ago

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You guys must listen to Alestorm!

Can't say that I have. I don't really even dip my toes that far into folk Metal because it's really hit or miss for me.

#1173 6 years ago

Meh cheers to Vader! My favorite cover they did.

#1174 6 years ago

All Vader all night right here on Dave TV.

#1176 6 years ago

My fav

#1177 6 years ago

VADER
Chaos

#1178 6 years ago

I like when you guys post like 10 songs in a row. Now I got some listening to do. Keep it up!

My favorite genre is thrash. Any new kickass thrash band recommendations?

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

#1180 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

» YouTube video

Man, i hear slayer in that.. with exodus's singer! Haha

#1181 6 years ago

This might be the heaviest riff ever played. Feel free to dispute and post something heavier, I'm waiting

#1182 6 years ago

Impressive.

#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This might be the heaviest riff ever played. Feel free to dispute and post something heavier, I'm waiting
» YouTube video

Mic drop

#1184 6 years ago

#1185 6 years ago

Ok, you have a point and I'm a Sabbath freak so its hard to dispute that but its too slow to beat Morbid Angel, its greatness but Zero the Hero is better and even that doesn't beat it. Try again kind sir.

#1186 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ok, you have a point and I'm a Sabbath freak so its hard to dispute that but its too slow to beat that Morbid Angel, its greatness but Zero the Hero is better and even that doesn't beat it. Try again kind sir.

Haha, Yeah the Sabbath riff is slow but has that eerie build up. How about this then?

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Haha, Yeah the Sabbath riff is slow but has that eerie build up. How about this then?

If I could I would carve SLAYER across my chest, I would have lose the man boobs otherwise it would look strange but still no, keep trying.

#1190 6 years ago

I find this to be close but not quite there.

#1191 6 years ago

#1192 6 years ago

If I could get past the cookie monster vocals I'd probably like death metal more. Early Sepultura is about my limit. Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel have killer songs but I find the vocals really drown out the music.

#1193 6 years ago
Quoted from Arrakis:

Can't say that I have. I don't really even dip my toes that far into folk Metal because it's really hit or miss for me.

Well, actually, Alestorm is more of a "pirates/beer" thing....

Here's some real Viking metal:

#1194 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Impressive.
» YouTube video

NERVOSA!!!!!

#1195 6 years ago

Pretty cool to log on and see this thread still on fire today. Ice-T on Liquid Metal Takeover today and said his favorite death metal track was I CUM BLOOD. Fucking A right Ice, fucking A right.

#1196 6 years ago

Night 2 of Reborn in Chaos. Once I put that album on, it's on till the very end.
Entire album is just nasty as fuck from start to finish. My #1 death album ever.

#1197 6 years ago

My 2nd favorite death LP

#1198 6 years ago

Another front to back album... love this shit...

#1199 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Dr. Living Dead!!

#1200 6 years ago

Not really metal ... but I went to see Nashville Pussy last night in a tiny club in Auckland.

Their music is like Bon Scott era AC/DC mixed with southern rock like lynyrd skynyrd. Girl bass player and guitarist. Guitarist played this old beaten SG with only one pickup and one volume knob.

They rocked hard. Good night out.

Couldn't get much closer to the stage ...

rd

IMG_5766 (resized).JPGIMG_5766 (resized).JPG

IMG_5774 (resized).JPGIMG_5774 (resized).JPG

IMG_5779 (resized).JPGIMG_5779 (resized).JPG

IMG_5789 (resized).JPGIMG_5789 (resized).JPG

There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-metal/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.