20230831_140057 (resized).jpg
20230831_140030 (resized).jpg
20230812_190743 (resized).jpg
20230812_190817 (resized).jpg
20230812_190720 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1690511860651 (resized).jpg
20230710_223232 (resized).jpg
20230710_223345 (resized).jpg

There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 58.
#1451 6 years ago

Bought a stack of sheet music at a yard sale yesterday. Was marked "pop, heavy metal, etc.."

I guess this is metal??? Lol

20170617_112443 (resized).jpg20170617_112443 (resized).jpg

#1452 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Bought a stack of sheet music at a yard sale yesterday. Was marked "pop, heavy metal, etc.."
I guess this is metal??? Lol

Not if you ask anybody I know!

#1453 6 years ago

Bought these too at same sale. 1991 proset Super Stars music cards. Who even knew? The glam band ones are the funniest.

Does anyone remember Doro? Hot german blonde who was in Snakebite and Warlock? Says she was the first female to perform at Monsters of Rock festival. I'm surprised I don't remember her. download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

20170617_123648 (resized).jpg20170617_123648 (resized).jpg

20170617_123704 (resized).jpg20170617_123704 (resized).jpg

20170617_123656 (resized).jpg20170617_123656 (resized).jpg

#1454 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Does anyone remember Doro? Hot german blonde who was in Snakebite and Warlock

Yep. She's still cranking it out at 53. She has her own band now, Doro.

I have the Warlock albums on vinyl. They were pretty good back in the day. She was smoking hot. And she's still looking great ...

rd

#1455 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep. She's still cranking it out at 53. She has her own band now, Doro.
I have the Warlock albums on vinyl. They were pretty good back in the day. She was smoking hot. And she's still looking great ...
rd
» YouTube video

She reunited some of the warlock band and they are Doing dates this summer, too!

#1456 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

She reunited some of the warlock band and they are Doing dates this summer, too!

Jeez, I wouldn't have listened to those records for 26-30 years I'd say. I'll have to dust off the record player and crank em up.

I remember this was the "hit" from the band. Wayyyyy back in 1987 lol. Jezzzus I'm old.

rd

#1457 6 years ago

When the children cry, I just take em to a yard sale. But not to any that cool.

#1458 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

White Lion? haha

#1459 6 years ago

Jesus Christ , Doro Pesch ....that's a trip back to grade 10.

#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sweet old lady. Probably 80. Said she was professionally trained and taught piano for over 50 years. She'd like to encourage students to bring music that they wanted to learn and I guess those got left behind. On top of the 50 or so sheet music I must have got 10 piano learning books as well as 20+ full album sheet music books. Crap like Reba and Anne Murray mostly.

#1461 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

White Lion? haha

Look at the sheet music he snagged. I see Tiffany's nice tits up in there too.

#1462 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Sweet old lady. Probably 80. Said she was professionally trained and taught piano for over 50 years. She'd like to encourage students to bring music that they wanted to learn and I guess those got left behind. On top of the 50 or so sheet music I must have got 10 piano learning books as well as 20+ full album sheet music books. Crap like Reba and Anne Murray mostly.

LOL.
"Hey Bill what happened to your Anne Murray sheet music?"
"Fuck I don't know."

#1463 6 years ago

Yeah this riff has been beaten to death on every hardcore album ever. But still keep hittin repeat.

#1464 6 years ago

The debate that can't be answered: which is better, Maiden or Priest?

With Don Jamieson guest starring.

rd

#1465 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yeah this riff has been beaten to death on every hardcore album ever. But still keep hittin repeat

I like me some Hatebreed. I saw Jasta play in philly a few months back.

If you're into podcasts, the Jamie Jasta The Jasta Show podcast is really good. He talks to a lot of Death metal musicians, some of whom I've never heard of, but every podcast is entertaining. Lots of inside info about the music biz which I like.

Recent guests include Rob Zombie, the Kreator lead singer, Howard ex KSE, Obituary, Darkest Hour, Brian Slagel ...

I would say Jasta and Dean Delrays podcasts would be my favourite ones. The last Dean Delray podcast was with an indie guitar maker dude, he was talking about his youth where he was f**ked up on drugs and doing armed robberies and going to prison. Awesome story!

rd

#1466 6 years ago

I've never listened to a podcast and I aim to keep it that way.

#1467 6 years ago

No debate.
Maiden all day every day right here on Dave TV.

#1468 6 years ago

I hear Jamie Jasta daily on the Dan Patrick Show. He created the stat of the day theme song. Nice wakeup every morning.

#1469 6 years ago

Sure but does he have the sheet music to When the Children Cry?

#1470 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I didn't for years ... but they are awesome for long flights, long drives ... and I always have them playing when I work on my pinballs. Interspersed with Metal, of course.

I think the trick is to subscribe to one for starters, it's only one a week. The ones I subscribe to are only 1 hour long usually, maybe 1.30 tops. That's long enough to listen to on a commute between my house and the city.

The ones I subscribe to:
- Dean Delray Let there be Talk - comedian who used to be a musician, has lots of rock/metal guys on there
- The Jasta Show - metal, hardcore, comedians
- Eddie Trunk Podcast - rock/metal, mainly old stuff
- this flipping podcast - pinball, only one podcast a month (ish)
- coast to coast pinball - but Nate has sort of stopped doing them
- the slam tilt podcast - one every few weeks
- Chris Jericho Talk is Jericho. Lots of wrestling stuff (Insta delete!!) but he has lots of rock guys and also paranormal stuff.

rd

#1471 6 years ago

I miss Eddie Trunk and That Metal Show. Might look into that RD, but probably not.

#1472 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I miss Eddie Trunk and That Metal Show. Might look into that RD, but probably not.

Eddie is more fixated on older hard/rock and metal, so you're unlikely to hear any Lambof God on there for example. He's big into 70s/80s stuff so you have Maiden, UFO, stuff like that. Nicko McBrain was on there last week, that was a good listen.

rd

#1473 6 years ago

Mystify. Mystify me.

#1474 6 years ago

i will have to remember to add eddie trunk .

#1475 6 years ago

ROOTS, BLOODY ROOTS!!!!

#1476 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The debate that can't be answered: which is better, Maiden or Priest?
With Don Jamieson guest starring.
rd
» YouTube video

Duh, Maiden. The end!

#1477 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Worth it if you ever listened to Eddie trunk's terrestrial show or house of hair or any radio show, really. Chris Jericho also has a lot of metal dudes on, and I think he asks very unique questions, likewse Mark Maron

#1478 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Worth it if you ever listened to Eddie trunk's terrestrial show or house of hair or any radio show, really. Chris Jericho also has a lot of metal dudes on, and I think he asks very unique questions, likewse Mark Maron

No.

#1479 6 years ago

But.....
ROOTS... BLOODY ROOTS!!!!!!

#1480 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah, I forgot Jericho, he was like the second guy I subbed to. I delete the wresting episodes, but the rock/metal ones are really good and he also has good paranormal stuff on there. He did one a while back with one of the kids who was in the real Conjuring house, it was really good.

I added him to my list.

rd

#1482 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, I forgot Jericho, he was like the second guy I subbed to. I delete the wresting episodes, but the rock/metal ones are really good and he also has good paranormal stuff on there. He did one a while back with one of the kids who was in the real Conjuring house, it was really good.
I added him to my list.
rd

I love wrestling, so I started listening to him early on, but his metal interviews are just as good - the interviews he did with Bruce Dickinson and Tony Iommi are off the charts!

#1483 6 years ago

Still stuck on OFF

#1484 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I love wrestling, so I started listening to him early on, but his metal interviews are just as good - the interviews he did with Bruce Dickinson and Tony Iommi are off the charts!

His interview with Sebastian Bach (this threads favourite guy lol) was very good ... Sebastian was full ADHD that day!!

rd

#1485 6 years ago

where do u watch these podcasts? is there a website with them all on it?!

#1486 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

His interview with Sebastian Bach (this threads favourite guy lol) was very good ... Sebastian was full ADHD that day!!
rd

lol I couldn't make it through that one - between the ADHD craziness, his (girlfriend's?) little boy coming over and it being fairly obvious he was blowing up the wine closet, it was too much for me!

#1487 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

lol I couldn't make it through that one - between the ADHD craziness, his (girlfriend's?) little boy coming over and it being fairly obvious he was blowing up the wine closet, it was too much for me!

It was a bit like that.

Sebastian recently did one with Dean Delray that was better, he must have taken his Ritalin. Lol

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

where do u watch these podcasts? is there a website with them all on it?!

They are audio only. I download them from iTunes on my iPhone, using the podcast app that comes with the phone.

If you don't have apple, they are generally on Soundcloud.

rd

#1488 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It was a bit like that.
Sebastian recently did one with Dean Delray that was better, he must have taken his Ritalin. Lol

They are audio only. I download them from iTunes on my iPhone, using the podcast app that comes with the phone.
If you don't have apple, they are generally on Soundcloud.
rd

Jericho's podcast is also on "Podcast One" which I think is just PodcastOne.com

I believe Eddie trunk's show is on there too, and a couple of horror shows I listen to (e.g. Post-mortem with Mick Garris)

#1489 6 years ago

If they do make an Iron Maiden pin they better not leave out this album, I'd like this for my translite.

#1490 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If they do make an Iron Maiden pin they better not leave out this album, I'd like this for my translite.
» YouTube video

They could have a different Eddie represent each song or album on the playfield? Kind of like sf2 without all the stop and go.
If the trooper Eddie isn't the translite I'd like the cabinet done in it. Except on this battlefield everyone wins!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#1491 6 years ago

+1.
Metal at its best. 1981... Great year for pinball too I hear.

-mof

#1492 6 years ago

#1493 6 years ago

#1494 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

» YouTube video

One of my favourite Maiden albums too. Maybe *the favorite*

But I guarantee you any Maiden pin won't have Dianno singing anything.

rd

#1495 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But I guarantee you any Maiden pin won't have Dianno singing anything.

I bet it will have pictures of old guys on it, no Dianno would really suck, thats some of the best Maiden.

#1496 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I bet it will have pictures of old guys on it

Hopefully they do not include a pic of Dianno.

rd

IMG_6334 (resized).JPGIMG_6334 (resized).JPG

#1497 6 years ago

How about some Bolt Thrower?

#1498 6 years ago

I'm a young pup but I've gotta throw Killswitch Engage and Lamb of God into the mix. Also, Motörhead. For the love of god. Motörhead!

#1499 6 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

For the love of god. Motörhead!

All of a sudden Eat the Rich LE makes great marketing sense.

#1500 6 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

How about some Bolt Thrower?

Put me down for a War Master LE. great band

There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-metal/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.