image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 37.
#901 1 year ago

I just picked up my Valhalla yesterday. I went to this forum to look for the "Key Posts" section and found...nothing. This is my first American Pinball pin, and I've heard they're built like tanks. Are they built so well there's no Key Posts necessary, or is this an oversight? Either way, I'm about to start reading the 18 previous pages of this forum.

In the meantime, has anyone else had VIOLENT glass rattling? I had to shut the shaker off because I was afraid the glass would break. I've never used anti-rattle tape before, but this might be my first.

#902 1 year ago

Any space under the glass rails will cause the rattle. anti-rattle tape works great. You'll want to feel that shaker during the hammer blasts and battles!
Welcome to the club!

Quoted from arcyallen:

I just picked up my Valhalla yesterday. I went to this forum to look for the "Key Posts" section and found...nothing. This is my first American Pinball pin, and I've heard they're built like tanks. Are they built so well there's no Key Posts necessary, or is this an oversight? Either way, I'm about to start reading the 18 previous pages of this forum.
In the meantime, has anyone else had VIOLENT glass rattling? I had to shut the shaker off because I was afraid the glass would break. I've never used anti-rattle tape before, but this might be my first.

#903 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Welcome!

#904 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Just the other day I was trying to submit @luvthatapex2's strategy tips post as a key post, and couldn't find how to do that. This one specifically: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/18#post-7108058

I think mods are the only ones who can make something a key post. Maybe we come up with a few candidates in this thread and get the attention of Daditude or @forceflow?

#905 1 year ago

Wouldnt have thought this area (front eject) to chip first but definitely picking up a Cliffys.

26BA53D3-11AE-4BC1-8B59-92CC353DD8E4 (resized).jpeg26BA53D3-11AE-4BC1-8B59-92CC353DD8E4 (resized).jpeg
#906 1 year ago

I was helping a friend with his boat lock issue where the game sometimes loses track after locking the second ball. Taking a closer look at the opto bracket, the spacing between ball 1 and 2 is larger than ball 2 and 3. Is this offset spacing on the bracket intentional?

LOV_Lock_Bracket (resized).jpgLOV_Lock_Bracket (resized).jpg
#907 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Wouldnt have thought this area (front eject) to chip first but definitely picking up a Cliffys.[quoted image]

I have the exact same issue, check the ball drain as well as mine has some clear chipping in that area also. Cliffy is backed up, ordered mine in July and still waiting

#908 1 year ago

Please contact API support and service will assist! Please register your game if you didn't have a chance yet.
(833) API-HELP

Quoted from La4s:

I was helping a friend with his boat lock issue where the game sometimes loses track after locking the second ball. Taking a closer look at the opto bracket, the spacing between ball 1 and 2 is larger than ball 2 and 3. Is this offset spacing on the bracket intentional?[quoted image]

#909 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I was helping a friend with his boat lock issue where the game sometimes loses track after locking the second ball. Taking a closer look at the opto bracket, the spacing between ball 1 and 2 is larger than ball 2 and 3. Is this offset spacing on the bracket intentional?[quoted image]

Yes.

#910 1 year ago

If you want to fix the boat lock issue, watch the video that Dave made in post # 868. You will also need the new up down post that is less pointy, and the washer. I did not think that I needed to watch a video on how to install a washer on the up down post, however at 1:08 in the video a critical step occurs, stretching out the spring (and stretch it out a Lot!). If it is a pain in the ass to reinstall the spring and post in the mech without the spring falling out, you did it right. This will most likely fix the boat lock issue. If the post binds a little and does not return to the full up position, you will have a ball lock recognition issue. I have been observing this for a long time now. If the post is not all the way up, it does not register the ball in the ship. Hope this helps those with the issue.

#911 1 year ago

Just picked up this machine and we are having the same boat ball lock issue. will check out that video.. thanks

#912 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Do you have the more blunt tip? If not, submit a ticket.

For those who live outside USA, i solved the problem with my own 3D printing ship post.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5537817

I'm now waiting on those parts since july, but my local shop didn't receive them yet. Shipping by sea....

#913 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Please contact API support and service will assist! Please register your game if you didn't have a chance yet.
(833) API-HELP

Even though it works fine during single player game? It only has lock issues with multi-player.

#914 1 year ago

My post. Is this the problematic one?

20220928_210405 (resized).jpg20220928_210405 (resized).jpg
#915 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My post. Is this the problematic one?
[quoted image]

Nope. Problem one has more angled area and the ball has a better chance to push it down.

#916 1 year ago

Yes. Support will you help you with this issue. They’ll give you methodical troubleshooting to get to the root cause and if you need a part they have them to ship. Is this the issue you posted a month ago? Let’s get it fixed so you can enjoy the game.

Quoted from gliebig:

Even though it works fine during single player game? It only has lock issues with multi-player.

#917 1 year ago

I would like to explain, that i don't want to make the customer service vom API bad here with my post above!

Two weeks ago, i registered my LOV on theyre website and wrote a message to the support. A few hours later i received an e-mail, that my missing parts are shipped with UPS.

#918 1 year ago

I recently joined the LoV club via trade and have a minor issue with an opto failure on the right ramp. I verified this in test and by switching the left and right ramp connector on the opto board. Does anyone know if I can substitute a Bally/Williams opto transmitter/receiver for the current part on the game? I do plan to troubleshoot the cause more but I am trying to fix this issue and need to make sure I have spare parts on hand. American sells the pair with wiring and connector for $24 but I would rather fix only what needs to be fixed vs shotgunning. Any help is appreciated!

Wick

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from Wick:

I recently joined the LoV club via trade and have a minor issue with an opto failure on the right ramp. I verified this in test and by switching the left and right ramp connector on the opto board. Does anyone know if I can substitute a Bally/Williams opto transmitter/receiver for the current part on the game? I do plan to troubleshoot the cause more but I am trying to fix this issue and need to make sure I have spare parts on hand. American sells the pair with wiring and connector for $24 but I would rather fix only what needs to be fixed vs shotgunning. Any help is appreciated!
Wick

Did you contact AP yet to see if that would be covered under warranty as well?

#920 1 year ago

This is a covered part. email/call AP for a replacement.

With a faulty right ramp opto, if I recall you can turn off physical locks on the ship (physical locks disabled in service menu) and as long as the ship locks and post is working, you can play the game with virtual locks. Worth a try while waiting for the parts to arrive.

Quoted from Wick:

Wick

#921 1 year ago

My apron light and spotlight brightness don't seem to respond to settings. During attract mode and in-game modes they'll dim, but at all other times they both seem at max brightness even though I've dialed them back to factory settings (green). Also sometimes during modes they'll jump between dimmer and max brightness. This has persisted through a reboot as well. My LoV shipped with latest code installed. Any suggestions?

Only other bug I've noticed so far is when on a ball 3 last night I drained while the ball save was still active, the trough was having trouble ejecting the saved ball to the shooter lane, and after about 5 tries the game just ended. Didn't crash, just standard game over.

Thanks.

#922 1 year ago

Apron lights and spots are controlled, so depending on the mode/action they may be on or off. They return to on at the start of each new ball.
In the latest code, the spinner spot lamp was changed to a spot lamp and feature light. It was never a spot lamp before, it was always controlled so now it has 2 functions. Most times its on and during spins it blinks.

The brightness of apron and spots is adjustable and should follow the settings in the service menu. If you have a sequence that is particularly annoying, jot it down and pm me and I'll check it out

You get 3 or 4 trough eject fails and the game gives up. Adjust the trough so the ball makes it to the shooter each time. Depending on the issue, the pulse could be too high, low, or some impediment in the way like the exit flange (sometimes from the factory the flange is in the way so a little bend toward the playfield puts more space to eject). I had to remove the small rubber grommet near the exit of the trough eject as the ball was hitting that and not making it out the chute. Once I did that it was perfect every time. I've only heard of 2 others that did this and most have no issue at all with the trough eject.

Quoted from VALIS666:

My apron light and spotlight brightness don't seem to respond to settings. During attract mode and in-game modes they'll dim, but at all other times they both seem at max brightness even though I've dialed them back to factory settings (green). Also sometimes during modes they'll jump between dimmer and max brightness. This has persisted through a reboot as well. My LoV shipped with latest code installed. Any suggestions?
Only other bug I've noticed so far is when on a ball 3 last night I drained while the ball save was still active, the trough was having trouble ejecting the saved ball to the shooter lane, and after about 5 tries the game just ended. Didn't crash, just standard game over.
Thanks.

#923 1 year ago

Apron lights and spots are controlled, so depending on the mode/action they may be on or off. They return to on at the start of each new ball.
In the latest code, the spinner spot lamp was changed to a spot lamp and feature light. It was never a spot lamp before, it was always controlled so now it has 2 functions. Most times its on and during spins it blinks.
The brightness of apron and spots is adjustable and should follow the settings in the service menu. If you have a sequence that is particularly annoying, jot it down and pm me and I'll check it out
You get 3 or 4 trough eject fails and the game gives up. Adjust the trough so the ball makes it to the shooter each time. Depending on the issue, the pulse could be too high, low, or some impediment in the way like the exit flange (sometimes from the factory the flange is in the way so a little bend toward the playfield puts more space to eject). I had to remove the small rubber grommet near the exit of the trough eject as the ball was hitting that and not making it out the chute. Once I did that it was perfect every time. I've only heard of 2 others that did this and most have no issue at all with the trough eject.

Yep, I was going to adjust the trough kicker strength and ball chute, I guess I'm just more used to a trough that stops kicking after a few failed attempts and then waits for you to do something instead of going to game over, like eject the ball by hand by reaching in and pushing the plunger up.

Would you consider making that an option in the future: After x number of failed trough ejects the trough coil stops firing but the game doesn't go to game over? Sometimes even when you have a trough eject running smoothly you'll still get that rare occurrence of the ball not ejecting, and I'd hate to lose a good game when I can quickly just eject a ball myself and investigate the problem later.

With the apron light it's not a sequence that annoys me, it's just at max brightness all the time unless in a mode even though I have it set far lower than that in settings. It's not responding to settings in any discernible way. Should I PM you about this?

Thanks.

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from Wick:

if I can substitute a Bally/Williams opto transmitter/receiver for the current part on the game?

No, AP optos are 5v vs 12 in B/W

#925 1 year ago

All modern games go to ball over if the trough can't eject a ball after a number of tries. You want this because it preserves the coil from damage as it obviously has an issue if it continues firing and if you just stop firing and necessitate opening the coin door to manually push the ball out, you'd never have the incentive to fix the issue and locations would not like this at all. I don't think that's the answer, sorry. Adjust/fix your kicker with supports help and enjoy your game.

If you apron lights are returning to max value when set to a lower value, please contact support and they will assist. They are very helpful.

Quoted from VALIS666:

Yep, I was going to adjust the trough kicker strength and ball chute, I guess I'm just more used to a trough that stops kicking after a few failed attempts and then waits for you to do something instead of going to game over, like eject the ball by hand by reaching in and pushing the plunger up.
Would you consider making that an option in the future: After x number of failed trough ejects the trough coil stops firing but the game doesn't go to game over? Sometimes even when you have a trough eject running smoothly you'll still get that rare occurrence of the ball not ejecting, and I'd hate to lose a good game when I can quickly just eject a ball myself and investigate the problem later.
With the apron light it's not a sequence that annoys me, it's just at max brightness all the time unless in a mode even though I have it set far lower than that in settings. It's not responding to settings in any discernible way. Should I PM you about this?
Thanks.

#926 1 year ago

I placed my order with a distributor on Day Two, been waiting almost a year for this game with zero updates from the distributor so I finally took matters into my own hands and bought one from a fellow Pinsider. And I’m SO GLAD I did. This game is incredible! I’ve only had it a day, and I’m hooked. I can’t stop playing it. So glad I can finally say I’ve joined the LOV club. Awesome job, Riot and American. Now I can’t wait to see your next collaboration.

549CC9D4-D63A-4EB2-A6BB-A2944290686F (resized).jpeg549CC9D4-D63A-4EB2-A6BB-A2944290686F (resized).jpegA267E032-F61C-47E6-8809-AC8AF3CEEDC2 (resized).jpegA267E032-F61C-47E6-8809-AC8AF3CEEDC2 (resized).jpeg
#927 1 year ago

I had a bit of a weird experience yesterday with my LoV and was wondering if anyone had any insight on things to investigate (I'm guessing a loose connection somewhere).

I was in the middle of a War on Land (Jotnar) and had two balls locked in the ship. I managed to tilt (oops) trying to save and it ended the ball as expected (don't think it was a big move, but was already on warning 2). When the ball drained, it didn't seem to register and kept counting down the Jotnar timer until it hit zero, then the game was just frozen.

I power-cycled the machine, but when it came back it seemed that none of the coils were working (no flippers/trough/scoop/lock post response either through tests or in a game), so I manually removed the two balls from the ship and put them back into the trough. I also noticed that the opto in the trough didn't seem to be counting the last ball, since I was receiving a "ball missing" warning in the menu (though it looked powered on). An additional power-cycle didn't change anything.

In the end, I turned off the machine and figured I would look at it later in the day, but when I came back a few hours later, everything was working and responding as expected. Any ideas of things to check to possibly prevent in the future? Apologies in advance if I'm using the wrong terminology or if this something I could have looked up in the manuals.

#928 1 year ago

It sounds like when you turned off the game, you immediately turned it back on. There is a protection circuit that cuts the coil power if the boards didn't power down all the way. When you turn off the game, wait 7-8 seconds, then you can turn it on again. Same with code updates. when its done and you power cycle the game, wait 7-8 seconds before turning it on again.

I'll try to reproduce that tilting with 2 balls in the ship during war on land issue to see what happens.

Quoted from localVariable:

I had a bit of a weird experience yesterday with my LoV and was wondering if anyone had any insight on things to investigate (I'm guessing a loose connection somewhere).
I was in the middle of a War on Land (Jotnar) and had two balls locked in the ship. I managed to tilt (oops) trying to save and it ended the ball as expected (don't think it was a big move, but was already on warning 2). When the ball drained, it didn't seem to register and kept counting down the Jotnar timer until it hit zero, then the game was just frozen.
I power-cycled the machine, but when it came back it seemed that none of the coils were working (no flippers/trough/scoop/lock post response either through tests or in a game), so I manually removed the two balls from the ship and put them back into the trough. I also noticed that the opto in the trough didn't seem to be counting the last ball, since I was receiving a "ball missing" warning in the menu (though it looked powered on). An additional power-cycle didn't change anything.
In the end, I turned off the machine and figured I would look at it later in the day, but when I came back a few hours later, everything was working and responding as expected. Any ideas of things to check to possibly prevent in the future? Apologies in advance if I'm using the wrong terminology or if this something I could have looked up in the manuals.

#929 1 year ago

It sounds like when you turned off the game, you immediately turned it back on. There is a protection circuit that cuts the coil power if the boards didn't power down all the way. When you turn off the game, wait 7-8 seconds, then you can turn it on again. Same with code updates. when its done and you power cycle the game, wait 7-8 seconds before turning it on again.

I'm almost certainly guilty of that -- it didn't occur to me at the time for some reason.

I'll try to reproduce that tilting with 2 balls in the ship during war on land issue to see what happens.

I don't know whether it will be super useful to you, but I did pull the logs before I powered down the machine (actually, pulling the logs caused the initial power-cycle now that I think about it).

#930 1 year ago

Sure happy to check the logs. pm me.

Quoted from localVariable:

I'm almost certainly guilty of that -- it didn't occur to me at the time for some reason.

I don't know whether it will be super useful to you, but I did pull the logs before I powered down the machine (actually, pulling the logs caused the initial power-cycle now that I think about it).

#931 1 year ago

Last night in league there was a tilt which auto-plunged the next players ball. Is there no debounce for tilts? I was a little shocked that a tilt-through was possible on a modern game.

Otherwise, this is a fantastic game!

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

Last night in league there was a tilt which auto-plunged the next players ball. Is there no debounce for tilts? I was a little shocked that a tilt-through was possible on a modern game.

I have had this happen several times playing multiplayer on my friends game. Not all the auto launches happened after a tilt. The bonus countdown happens then right into an auto launch on the next player.

#933 1 year ago

Are you both running the latest software (2022-07-27 )? I am unable to reproduce the tilt/autoplunge issue with the latest code.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

Quoted from La4s:

I have had this happen several times playing multiplayer on my friends game. Not all the auto launches happened after a tilt. The bonus countdown happens then right into an auto launch on the next player.

Quoted from Biju:

#934 1 year ago

Are you both running the latest software (2022-07-27 )? I am unable to reproduce the tilt/autoplunge issue with the latest code.

I'll check in with my operator later today to see if they have the update. Thanks for the response!

#935 1 year ago

Code version displays when booting and in the service menu main screen.

Quoted from Biju:

I'll check in with my operator later today to see if they have the update. Thanks for the response!

#936 1 year ago

That is the code I'm on. It does randomly auto launch the next players ball.

#937 1 year ago

Perhaps I should be very clear on what caused this and perhaps that can help solve what seems random.

I made a pretty big move and double dangered myself moving the machine a few inches left. When I drained a little later (and had already determined my bonus was inconsequential to the match) I moved the machine back in place, causing a tilt. I'm wondering if it's that the trough opto triggered and then I tilted effectively in bonus which is causing this edge case to show.

That would be my test: drain, then tilt in a multi-player game and see what happens. My fix would be that until that ball is served into the shooter lane the game should make certain the tilt has settled and definitely not auto-launch. I suppose one should say I shouldn't have moved the game back but I feel that's courtesy since it was too close the next machine over.

Anyway, hope that helps debug.

#938 1 year ago

Quoted from gliebig:

That is the code I'm on. It does randomly auto launch the next players ball.

Gliebig's machine is the one I am referencing, so the code is the newest. I do not remember it only being after a tilt. I will be sure to play test some more this weekend to see if we can reproduce.

#939 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

Gliebig's machine is the one I am referencing, so the code is the newest. I do not remember it only being after a tilt. I will be sure to play test some more this weekend to see if we can reproduce.

That doesn't sound good.

#940 1 year ago

OK American pinball, when are you going to connect your machines to the Internet? Legends of Valhalla is a fabulous game and there should be competitions via Internet. Currently, I find myself playing all of the stern insider challenges that are out there, currently iron maiden. I also have a hot wheels that should be Internet connected.

Cheers!

#941 1 year ago

Well as usual. Its much easier to fix when you get direction on how to reproduce the issue. Confirmed. I was able to reproduce this issue and its fixed in the next update of LOV.

Quoted from Biju:

Perhaps I should be very clear on what caused this and perhaps that can help solve what seems random.
I made a pretty big move and double dangered myself moving the machine a few inches left. When I drained a little later (and had already determined my bonus was inconsequential to the match) I moved the machine back in place, causing a tilt. I'm wondering if it's that the trough opto triggered and then I tilted effectively in bonus which is causing this edge case to show.
That would be my test: drain, then tilt in a multi-player game and see what happens. My fix would be that until that ball is served into the shooter lane the game should make certain the tilt has settled and definitely not auto-launch. I suppose one should say I shouldn't have moved the game back but I feel that's courtesy since it was too close the next machine over.
Anyway, hope that helps debug.

#942 1 year ago

Well as usual. Its much easier to fix when you get direction on how to reproduce the issue. Confirmed. I was able to reproduce this issue and its fixed in the next update of LOV.

Nice! I'm happy my description helped a little.

#944 1 year ago

Cool. Any idea when the last of the 500 of the (now) limited deluxe editions will be complete? Still pretty excited to play this game, not any around here on location.

#945 1 year ago

The Deluxe limited models will be done as soon as possible, then they will begin on the Classics. Its difficult to put an exact date on completion, same with most other manufacturers these days. They are making them as fast as possible while keeping a high standard on quality.

Have you checked the pinside map for an owner or location near you. There are a few in EU and other countries too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/legends-of-valhalla-ap/owners

Quoted from RikV:

Cool. Any idea when the last of the 500 of the (now) limited deluxe editions will be complete? Still pretty excited to play this game, not any around here on location.

#946 1 year ago

location near you. There are a few in EU and other countries too.

Well, since im in the US, it would be quite the trip to head to the EU to try the game

I'll re-check the pinmap for a game here in New Mexico, but I'm not aware of any.

Understood on the production, I'll patiently keep waiting, I'd rather have a top quality game than have something that is rushed.

#947 1 year ago

I have never seen a American pinball on location!

#948 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have never seen a American pinball on location!

Well, tell your local operators that they need to fix that problem!

#949 1 year ago

I do this with all my drops if I can,I used amber from comet the drops are from pinbal-mods and make sure you get the correct ones not stern ,the interruptor is in a different place they are Williams targets.

32048FD9-EA2F-4322-BE9B-E9CC712BDE4C (resized).jpeg32048FD9-EA2F-4322-BE9B-E9CC712BDE4C (resized).jpeg6363882A-1AE7-456F-B9B0-8D38EAFA55E1 (resized).jpeg6363882A-1AE7-456F-B9B0-8D38EAFA55E1 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#950 1 year ago

Does anyone want to give me a tip for hitting the ship ramp? I can always get the ball onto the ramp, but I complete it 5-10% of the time - the other times the ball hits the ramp, goes up a bit and rattles, and then comes back down. Dialing up the flipper power doesn't help. And I just watched a quick video of people making it 75% of the time. It's such a huge freaking opening, it seems like if I can get it onto that ramp it should more often than not make it to the top.

Also, does anyone else have their volume cut out for a split second during the announcing of the ship multiball? Mine does it 99% of the time regardless of which multiball it's announcing, War on Land or at Sea. I have a video for reference if it helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Queensbury, NY
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 1,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/19?hl=number_runner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.