IMG_3282 (resized).jpeg
AmpLooseWire (resized).jpg
pic1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3180 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1053 TECH: PLAYFIELD Up post repair for ones that are binding. Posted by luvthatapex2 (1 year ago)

Post #1147 TECH: PLAYFIELD Side ramp rejects solution Posted by Eskaybee (1 year ago)

Post #1328 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ball getting lost under apron fix Posted by RikV (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from Wick:

if I can substitute a Bally/Williams opto transmitter/receiver for the current part on the game?

No, AP optos are 5v vs 12 in B/W

2 months later
#1043 1 year ago

Imho, Credit button should flash if credits and game is in attract or on ball 1 and less than four players (eg credits can be used).

Should be on and solid if credits available and game on ball 2 or ball 1 with four players.

Should be off if no credits.

2 weeks later
#1130 1 year ago

most if not all of those values equate to pulse,
mid flipper, currently set to a pulse of 22.
When Green that is the default/factory setting. Looks like it has been previously adjusted down. If you did not do that, you might want to reset to factory (increase it until green) and see how it plays, then adjust from there.

#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I figured that was the case...except my green Mid Flipper number is 20. But I'm color blind so feel free to correct me. [quoted image]

Don't have the game, just assumed it was higher based on the other flippers values. I'd start at the default, and adjust from there. Take the glass off and keep feeding from the spinner/loop until you find what works best.

When in coil settings, as long a you have higher power engaged (switched pulled out), you can flip the game to see if the power is right. So change the value, hit enter, then test shoot the ramp, adjust power, hit enter, shoot it some more. I don't recall on LOV if when in coil settings if balls hit into the ship will kick out or not. I would always set that up on AP games, but don't recall if I did that for LOV when I moved the AP service menu into it.

3 weeks later
#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from Who_Scott:

I can't wait!! Houdini gives me verbal zingers all the time, usually well deserved!

Some have said to me Houdini is too mean to the player, bit I think most find the humor in it, and at the end of the day, I think the insults make you want to play more to get better or maybe I played a bit too much centaur in my youth. I did agree that at times it could be more congratulatory and I did add some of that in later code releases and was more conscious of on later games.

Frank is a much nicer guy than me, so no surprise he does not insult the player much.

3 months later
#1444 10 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Funny enough, I’ve had issues with PSU, membrane switches and LEDs as well as my failed optos. AP support has always been amazing. They actually sat on the phone with me while I was diagnosing. I’m just going to order more optos and chalk this up to really weird luck. I had believed maybe there was something systemic, but it sounds like that is not the case for anyone else.

Have all of these opto failures been on just one machine? If so, it would make me wonder about the board that powers the optos or some other power issue. Was it the Receiving or transmitting side that failed? I don’t recall the exact design of the board, but I believe the board is fed 12v, but lowers it to 5v for the transmitter. You might want to check the voltages are correct. Was the psu issue with the high power, 12v or 5v?

#1450 10 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Like PinMonk said, different games with different style of optos. I even had one that was DOA out of the bag. I think I am just really unlucky based on what everyone else is saying.

What do you mean different style of optos?

Seems so odd, I have three AP games and have been around dozens and dozens and can’t recall ever having a bad opto. Optos falling out of brackets and not registering, sure, needing to replace one, nope.

#1465 10 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Josh applied the LED fix prior to the game release in October 2021 sometime in August when we were testing the game daily.

I certainly may have, I don't recall for certain and these stuck lights certainly seem similar. October 2021 was around the time we did that fix for HW. You might want to have Ferret double check that to be sure that is in the code base and not something we only tested in the lab.

5 months later
#1661 5 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

These could quite possibly go well on an Oktoberfest too.

Would need to be bigger to hold a stein or beer mug. I printed one and discovered that it is smaller than a norma pingulp. At some point i might modify it to be big enough to at least hold a mug, or design one that looks more on theme.

4 months later
#1774 30 days ago

If you are in coil settings (not coil test) with the high power switch engaged (pulled out), you should be able to just drop a ball in the tough to get one to kick out and you can then adjust power again if needed, rinse and repeat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage?tu=rosh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.