image (resized).jpg
IMG_8424 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 37.
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFan4Life:

Also, I received my Long Boat House Ramp mod from the Mod Couple and I highly recommend it - looks awesome as well. Really enjoying the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh, good, I wanted to order a handful of LoV mods from them (for when my LoV eventually comes in...) but have held off given that negative thread about them here recently. Mind if I ask how long it took from order to arrival?

Quoted from TFK:

Hey all
Just wanted to show my Valhalla slingshot mod I'm working on.
Resin 3d printed and hand painted. I'm getting them tested on a game this weekend.
Joe
[quoted image]

Whoa, nice. Are you making these for yourself or will you be selling them?

#752 1 year ago

These will be a limited run of 50 sets. They will be sold through Tilt Graphics exclusively. I have them being painted now.

#753 1 year ago

Just got stuck in some combo mode where I had to hit white combo shots. Played it forever and it didn't end. Is that a bug or did I miss something?

#754 1 year ago

White shots are usually victory laps which continue to score the jackpots until you are down to a single ball. The screen should tell you what you’re in and what to shoot.

Quoted from gliebig:

Just got stuck in some combo mode where I had to hit white combo shots. Played it forever and it didn't end. Is that a bug or did I miss something?

#755 1 year ago

It took about a week to arrive.

Oh, good, I wanted to order a handful of LoV mods from them (for when my LoV eventually comes in...) but have held off given that negative thread about them here recently. Mind if I ask how long it took from order to arrival?

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

White shots are usually victory laps which continue to score the jackpots until you are down to a single ball. The screen should tell you what you’re in and what to shoot.

I think the game didn't recognize a ball in the ship.

#757 1 year ago

Here are the latest pics for the serpent and wolf (Jormungandr and Fenrir). Final revisions being made - Whitening the teeth and expanding the plastic protection. These will be available for pre-order through https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/. There will only 50 units made. These are being made by CFES (https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/cfes) not me. I am just helping with the fit and prototyping. Please do not ask me about $ or when they are available - I don't know myself. These are so cool! Talk about a world under glass! These look especially good as the skull pile is close to the serpent. I think the wolf actually improves visibility as the plastic was very dark.

20220730_105850 (resized).jpg20220730_105850 (resized).jpg20220730_105903 (resized).jpg20220730_105903 (resized).jpg20220730_115823 (resized).jpg20220730_115823 (resized).jpg20220730_115828 (resized).jpg20220730_115828 (resized).jpg20220730_115929 (resized).jpg20220730_115929 (resized).jpg
#758 1 year ago
Quoted from PBatt:

Here are the latest pics for the serpent and wolf (Jormungandr and Fenrir). Final revisions being made - Whitening the teeth and expanding the plastic protection. These will be available for pre-order through https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/. There will only 50 units made. These are being made by CFES (https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/cfes) not me. I am just helping with the fit and prototyping. Please do not ask me about $ or when they are available - I don't know myself. These are so cool! Talk about a world under glass! These look especially good as the skull pile is close to the serpent. I think the wolf actually improves visibility as the plastic was very dark.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool! I will be on the look out for these!! Sweet!!

#759 1 year ago
Quoted from PBatt:

Here are the latest pics for the serpent and wolf (Jormungandr and Fenrir). Final revisions being made - Whitening the teeth and expanding the plastic protection. These will be available for pre-order through https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/. There will only 50 units made. These are being made by CFES (https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/cfes) not me. I am just helping with the fit and prototyping. Please do not ask me about $ or when they are available - I don't know myself. These are so cool! Talk about a world under glass! These look especially good as the skull pile is close to the serpent. I think the wolf actually improves visibility as the plastic was very dark.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look super sweet, hope I can get in on the 50…hope I get my game soon, maybe #500 with luck!

#760 1 year ago

I emailed tilt and hope I get a set!

#762 1 year ago

New Code Update v22.07.27
https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

Added tournament mystery award selection. Changed the spinner flasher into both a GI spot lamp/feature lamp. Incremental scoring for War on Land battles, Rampage and Viking Multiball. Allowed a second visit to Valhalla. Some bug fixes and changes too. Please read changelog for a complete list of changes.

Copy of lov code post (resized).pngCopy of lov code post (resized).png
#763 1 year ago

Nice update! Just installed and played a couple games.

#764 1 year ago

Thanks for the update and continuing to make the code better and better luvthatapex2 Game already is amazing but love that it keeps getting more!

#765 1 year ago

The game is getting better. The art blades are terrific and the gameplay is feeling more polished than ever.

20220801_162127 (resized).jpg20220801_162127 (resized).jpg20220801_162200 (resized).jpg20220801_162200 (resized).jpg
#766 1 year ago

My local arcade just received a Legends of Valhalla last week! I've been attempting to learn the game and also have a few questions/comments for the group. I've read through the tiltforums rulesheet as well as the one at the end of the owner's manual. I've watched the Dead Flip stream a few times as well. My personal HS is ~177m but in the 10-12 games I've played I've only breached 100m twice so I'm looking to make sure I've got everything down.

First question: do the multiballs have an add-a-ball?

Second question: how long of a delay is there between the game registering a "completed battle" and starting the bonus battle? (Scenario: I used the Valkyrie to finish the last shot as a ball was draining and the bonus battle should have been Draugr. I would have assumed I could sneak in the ball saver.)

Finally, my comments:
I really, really enjoy this game. I could see myself owning one. Huge thumbs up to the design team!

I noticed on one of my ball drains I gave the machine a good shake and it "dangered" me on my next ball. I would have assumed the software would wait for things to settle down. A bug perhaps?

#767 1 year ago

Rage and Ragnarok (wizard mode) have add-a-ball, the 5 multiball legend battles do not.

Second Question:
Using Thors hammer (as the hammer) to complete the battle when draining will not give you a bonus battle, BUT you will receive the 5 million bonus if hammer is lit on the display. You shouldn't be penalized for using the hammer during a legend battle, but also you shouldn't get a bonus battle if you are not actively playing.

Shaking during end of ball bonus/release of a new ball will give you a danger so don't

Quoted from Biju:

My local arcade just received a Legends of Valhalla last week! I've been attempting to learn the game and also have a few questions/comments for the group. I've read through the tiltforums rulesheet as well as the one at the end of the owner's manual. I've watched the Dead Flip stream a few times as well. My personal HS is ~177m but in the 10-12 games I've played I've only breached 100m twice so I'm looking to make sure I've got everything down.
Second question: how long of a delay is there between the game registering a "completed battle" and starting the bonus battle? (Scenario: I used the Valkyrie to finish the last shot as a ball was draining and the bonus battle should have been Draugr. I would have assumed I could sneak in the ball saver.)
Finally, my comments:
I really, really enjoy this game. I could see myself owning one. Huge thumbs up to the design team!
I noticed on one of my ball drains I gave the machine a good shake and it "dangered" me on my next ball. I would have assumed the software would wait for things to settle down. A bug perhaps?

#768 1 year ago

Rage and Ragnarok (wizard mode) have add-a-ball, the 5 multiball legend battles do not.
Second Question:
Using Thors hammer (as the hammer) to complete the battle when draining will not give you a bonus battle, BUT you will receive the 5 million bonus if hammer is lit on the display. You shouldn't be penalized for using the hammer during a legend battle, but also you shouldn't get a bonus battle if you are not actively playing.
Shaking during end of ball bonus/release of a new ball will give you a danger so don't

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Two more questions now that my coffee has finally kicked in and I'm remembering more about the game.

1. How did I light the Mystery? It seemed more random to me and I couldn't find more information on it.

2. Is the War On Land progressive in its points within the same WOL? I ask because I find myself timing this out just to get the insert lit. When I went for it previously I was getting ~200k and in a game where I'm scoring 60m+ this seems trivial and I can't imagine wanting to extend the time with a Berserker hit. What am I missing here?

#769 1 year ago

1. How did I light the Mystery? It seemed more random to me and I couldn't find more information on it.
Mystery is lit from hitting the Berzerker drop target. Mystery awards are random but with the new update, there is an option in service menu to set for tournaments which puts them in a fixed pattern. Always go for Mystery awards, there are some valuable ones in there!

2. Is the War On Land progressive in its points within the same WOL?
All 3 War on Land battles are now progressive (previously they were fixed and not worth spending the time to grind out a high score)
All 3 battles also have higher base value and continue to grow at each subsequent war on land. You'll score millions now if you keep it going.

Quoted from Biju:

Thanks for the prompt reply!
Two more questions now that my coffee has finally kicked in and I'm remembering more about the game.
2. Is the War On Land progressive in its points within the same WOL? I ask because I find myself timing this out just to get the insert lit. When I went for it previously I was getting ~200k and in a game where I'm scoring 60m+ this seems trivial and I can't imagine wanting to extend the time with a Berserker hit. What am I missing here?

#770 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

Finally, my comments:

You can't use Valkarie to finish a battle while draining. I've tried many times. It's a waste of Valkarie.

#771 1 year ago

I just unboxed and I am having an issue unlike any pin I have ever owned or worked on. When I try to put the playfield up and service the machine, I have a huge risk of the playfield falling into the cabinet. It is like the cabinet is too wide or the rails were installed too close to the cabinet.

Did anyone else experience that?

#772 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I just unboxed and I am having an issue unlike any pin I have ever owned or worked on. When I try to put the playfield up and service the machine, I have a huge risk of the playfield falling into the cabinet. It is like the cabinet is too wide or the rails were installed too close to the cabinet.
Did anyone else experience that?

My friend experienced this on his nib and I shimmed the rails out so the playfield would not fall off so easily,it was reported to American,you need to shim both sides and will need longer screws
I am surprised this is just being reported because it can scare a new owner and damage the blades and Chanel and maybe the gold sides rails

#773 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

My friend experienced this on his nib and I shimmed the rails out so the playfield would not fall off so easily,it was reported to American,you need to shim both sides and will need longer screws
I am surprised this is just being reported because it can scare a new owner and damage the blades and Chanel and maybe the gold sides rails

I am so lucky that it didn’t cause damage. I am not joking, there is zero margin of error when lifting the playfield. Do you remember what length screws or what you used to shim the rails?

#774 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I am so lucky that it didn’t cause damage. I am not joking, there is zero margin of error when lifting the playfield. Do you remember what length screws or what you used to shim the rails?

similar thing happened to me, I thought it was just an anomaly....Good news is that AP builds their pins like tanks, so you really don't need to get under the playfield unless modding it

#775 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I would shim those rail out an 3/4 inch on each side so the screws should be an 3/4 longer than stock ,you need to find something to use for shims,American should really send out proper kits!

#776 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

You can't use Valkarie to finish a battle while draining. I've tried many times. It's a waste of Valkarie.

Yeah, I've learned the tough way a few times now. It's too bad IMO but I also understand them not wanting for someone to use it as an AAB which is effectively what I was doing. But I do like the "strategy" concept of weaving around the MBs specifically to do this.

#777 1 year ago

Is anyone using Titan rubbers on their flippers for this game? I am getting a lot of air balls, particularly off the right flipper. I have tried it at different pitches and have even lowered the flipper strength. Some calibrations are better than others but still dealing with them. Last night one knocked the boat ramp house out of place. Mainly airballs occur when the ball comes around off the right orbit and down to the right flipper.

I've had Titans on this machine pretty much day 1. I have not had any other issues with Titans on any other machine. Thinking I may need to switch to the low bounce ones.

#778 1 year ago

I’ve had no air balls with the stock synthetics or the plain black rubber that I am using now. Perhaps swap to plain rubber to compare

Quoted from DJY2J:

Is anyone using Titan rubbers on their flippers for this game? I am getting a lot of air balls, particularly off the right flipper. I have tried it at different pitches and have even lowered the flipper strength. Some calibrations are better than others but still dealing with them. Last night one knocked the boat ramp house out of place. Mainly airballs occur when the ball comes around off the right orbit and down to the right flipper.
I've had Titans on this machine pretty much day 1. I have not had any other issues with Titans on any other machine. Thinking I may need to switch to the low bounce ones.

#779 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

I am using Titans on mine and I am having no airballs off the flippers. I was getting airballs off of the stand up target next to the spinner, but bent the support forward a bit and problem solved. Try swapping flipper rubbers from one flipper to the other.

#780 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I am using Titans on mine and I am having no airballs off the flippers. I was getting airballs off of the stand up target next to the spinner, but bent the support forward a bit and problem solved. Try swapping flipper rubbers from one flipper to the other.

Ok. I had some other issues where I needed to bend the playfield hooks to get the shooter rood to be able to touch the ball fully on a plunge. I am wondering if the flipper support needs bent some also. It seems like it's launching the ball upwards on a lot of shots.

#781 1 year ago

I would contact support before bending anything. Something is not lined up properly and Dave will help you get it sorted.

Quoted from DJY2J:

Ok. I had some other issues where I needed to bend the playfield hooks to get the shooter rood to be able to touch the ball fully on a plunge. I am wondering if the flipper support needs bent some also. It seems like it's launching the ball upwards on a lot of shots.

#782 1 year ago

Am I supposed be to be able to hit the club shot from the left flipper?

#783 1 year ago

It’s possible but easier from the mid left flipper

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Am I supposed be to be able to hit the club shot from the left flipper?

#784 1 year ago

My update said successful then I power cycled and get this screen

20220805_210749 (resized).jpg20220805_210749 (resized).jpg
#785 1 year ago

Do the same update again with the usb but when you turn off the game wait 10 sec then turn it on. It needs a few seconds for the boards to fully power off (noted in the change log )

Quoted from gliebig:

My update said successful then I power cycled and get this screen
[quoted image]

#786 1 year ago

I waited a few minutes.

#787 1 year ago

Ensure there is just the pkg file on the usb. No other files and try again (insert usb stick , turn on game and it will start the update again). When done, remove stick, turn off game, wait 10 sec snd turn it on

Quoted from gliebig:

I waited a few minutes.

#788 1 year ago

Ensure there is just the pkg file on the usb. No other files and try again (insert usb stick , turn on game and it will start the update again). When done, remove stick, turn off game, wait 10 sec snd turn it on

It says update successful. I even unplugged it from the wall and these LEDs have been on for over 5min still

20220805_212157 (resized).jpg20220805_212157 (resized).jpg
#789 1 year ago

Did you turn it on after trying the update?

Quoted from gliebig:

It says update successful. I even unplugged it from the wall and these LEDs have been on for over 5min still
[quoted image]

#790 1 year ago

Been powered off for 1/2hr and I still see a faint LED

20220805_215247 (resized).jpg20220805_215247 (resized).jpg
#791 1 year ago

Not sure what to do. All looked fine. Followed instructions, powered off for over 1/2hr and still stuck

Resized_20220805_211607 (resized).jpegResized_20220805_211607 (resized).jpeg
#792 1 year ago

Did you say you removed the USB stick before power cycling the game? Just need to clarify.

#793 1 year ago

Yes. Tried it a few times. Will re-download the code again tomorrow and try

#794 1 year ago

Maybe try one of these options to get you up and running again.

Re-download the update on a freshly formatted USB.

Try a different USB.

Download the last known version that worked.

#795 1 year ago

All good now. Used a different thumb drive.

#796 1 year ago

Hurray! Enjoy the new code

Quoted from gliebig:

All good now. Used a different thumb drive.

#797 1 year ago

I am quite supprised more new owners have not posted about the playfield falling into the cabinet
Here is a picture of the shims I installed on both sides to keep it from falling off easily.

9B3BFB3B-5F7E-44D7-96E8-3E491DEAABDF (resized).jpeg9B3BFB3B-5F7E-44D7-96E8-3E491DEAABDF (resized).jpeg
#798 1 year ago

Also make sure that the file name is correct and didn't gwt

Quoted from rockrand:

I am quite supprised more new owners have not posted about the playfield falling into the cabinet
Here is a picture of the shims I installed on both sides to keep it from falling off easily.
[quoted image]

That's very odd, its like the cabinet is wider or something. Got mine in February and it's fine.

16599953466078185658770029909937 (resized).jpg16599953466078185658770029909937 (resized).jpg
#799 1 year ago
Quoted from TFK:

These will be a limited run of 50 sets. They will be sold through Tilt Graphics exclusively. I have them being painted now.

Ordered. Any plans to do something similar with Valkyrie in the top left?

#800 1 year ago
Quoted from cyphr:

Ordered. Any plans to do something similar with Valkyrie in the top left?

Or the blood eagle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

5,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.