pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240118_174311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240118_174252 (resized).jpg
Lov-Classic-Chart (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1053 TECH: PLAYFIELD Up post repair for ones that are binding. Posted by luvthatapex2 (1 year ago)

Post #1147 TECH: PLAYFIELD Side ramp rejects solution Posted by Eskaybee (1 year ago)

Post #1328 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ball getting lost under apron fix Posted by RikV (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Waiting for mine to arrive! People getting their machines making me impatient!

#13 2 years ago

I already bought all the mods from the MOD couple, lol. Except the sword flipper toppers as it wasn't a viking sword.

1 week later
#29 2 years ago

Nay. Last I spoke to him a few weeks ago he said Feb. Nothing since then.

#41 2 years ago

Jelly!

1 week later
#54 2 years ago

Still waiting....

1 week later
#97 2 years ago

Got the email. Pumped.

#101 2 years ago

How are the speakers? Do they match up or need a replacement at some point with like pinwoofer or whatever?

#122 2 years ago

Unboxed! Ready to go besides I need to attach the topper, ha!

20220303_172838 (resized).jpg20220303_172838 (resized).jpg20220303_172846 (resized).jpg20220303_172846 (resized).jpg20220303_175654 (resized).jpg20220303_175654 (resized).jpg
#125 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

How are you enjoying your game? Did you have to make any tweaks/adjustments since taking it out of the box?
Hoping to get this game soon. It looks awesome.

Only played maybe 20 games so far but it's awesome. Music is killer, callouts are good. Gameplay is fast and furious. Still figuring out what to do. No adjustments yet.

Odd thing is no instructions on how to install topper. I mostly figured it out but have to go back and redo the mounting as its off. So in order to install it, pop off the round small cover in the back right, drop the wire in, connect it to the end of the led strip mounted inside the back box. I have 3 wood screws but I only see 2 holes on the topper itself to mount it. There are a bunch of pre drilled holes on top near the front so presume it's mounted there.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Good to hear you are enjoying it and haven’t had to make any adjustments. I know AP customer service is top notch so if you have a question about the topper installation, I’m sure they can provide information/suggestions.

Forgot to mention I did go through the menu and turn on cheering vikings and color GIs and changed scoring reward to extra ball from free game. Game can only award 3 extra balls as a max btw.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I also turned on color gi and I like it a lot. Cheering vikings? What does that do?

You hear cheering during certain things seems like, haha.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

What does the color GI do?

Default is GIs are just white I guess. Color let's them change to other colors.

#138 2 years ago

There is one issue with the loxkdown bar. The locking mechanism drops too low and won't latch. Tried loosening and pulling it up but no luck. I have to reach underneath and push it up to get it to latch.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Have you tried adjusting the brass screws on the receiver?

Yeah that just presses it down. I need it to come up.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

Same issue with my lock down bar as well. Just need to push up a little to lock it in.

Tried that and it worked.like a charm.

#150 2 years ago

Fun story...played LOV all day yesterday. Walked away for an hour and when I came back it started complaining a ball was missing and wouldn't start. Which is impossible. Looked all over but no balls stuck anywhere. Added another ball and it played normally.
So today I'm searching all over again even opened the viking ship and looked inside, nothing. Then I hear a clunk near the front of the playfield when I lifted it. Removed the apron and there it was. The ultimate stucky ball. So if you are ever missing a ball in the future you know where to look.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I removed mine. Still tight but much better.

I just figured it's supposed to be a tough shot. Wonder if I should consider removing post.

#171 2 years ago

Don't forget to rate LOV on pinside so it can make the board.

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

A week in still can’t stop playing LOV

I'm obsessed. 130 games in a week.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My lock bar is loose…shifts when I play. Any ideas on how to tighten it?

Two brass screws, tighten them.

#197 2 years ago

He with a short knife must try try again. I'm dead lol.

#205 2 years ago

I hate stock shooter rods (and plates), haha.

20220314_181945 (resized).jpg20220314_181945 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#241 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Does the screen show any health bar or number of shots left in the legend battles? Curious how you can tell progress in these modes.

There is a callout for the last shot and if you play enough you kinda know where you are.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Just entered the club yesterday. Pretty impressed so far. Need to do surgery on the game today tho. The ship shots do not register, nor does the ship lock the balls. They did work on arrival but something happened around game 10 or so. Need to pull the ship cover and open the manual.

Could be a switch or opto, haven't poked inside the ship myself yet to see how its done. One thing to note is that the tie wrapper guy went bezerk on this game and there is zero play in the wires. I had to cut some to free the wires up as I had a couple connectors pull loose from boards. So check that first.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I ordered the game in October. It appears I am low on the list. Losing interest for sure. Looking to others for my next pin or may buy an older pin.

I know waiting sucks but given the state of the world over the last two years delays are not unexpected. It's a really really fun pin so I wouldnt give up yet. More and more are being shipped every day.
That being said there other fun games as well you can pick up now. What's better than a great pinball game? 2 great pinball games!

#292 2 years ago

Got to Valhalla and Ragnarok tonight in the same game but didn't beat either one. Darn it, guess I'll live to fight another day!

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wow that’s insane. Well done! If you need a bit more challenge, there are some settings to make it harder!

Haha I was wondering about the pulse the kraken magnet setting on exit. That could be interesting.

I tried to cheese the last battle before Ragnarok and just trap up vs. Hel but apparently you thought of that and it stopped counting down haha.

#296 2 years ago

One thing I realized yesterday is that the Fenrir wolf plastic on the right sling makes things more difficult as he blocks sight on the ball coming down the inlane. So it's tough to adjust to a speed change if it rattles or comes down clean. I was getting annoyed bricking the simple ramp shot and I realized that was part of the problem
Jormunganor blocks the left sling sight line a bit as well but not as much and not so critical.

Anyway, not complaining, just something I noticed.

#301 2 years ago

Flipper toppers from Back Alley Creations!

20220402_123938 (resized).jpg20220402_123938 (resized).jpg20220402_123943 (resized).jpg20220402_123943 (resized).jpg
#305 2 years ago

Made an LoV themed pingulp with a sticker from redbubble!

20220406_155151 (resized).jpg20220406_155151 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#339 2 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

Its here. Wow. Super impressed! Of course everyone that's buys a game is an instant fanboy. That aside, this pin shoots great![quoted image]

Congrats! I haven't played my 8 other games hardly at all since mine arrived.

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Does anyone have any tips for making the dagger shot (right side of ship)? I hit it cleanly with the upper flipper and it rejects before it can enter and then usually comes back down straight down the middle. It’s happening too often. Hard hit right there and it rattles getting rejected.

I hit that shot with lower left flipper. It's not a tough shot from there.

#344 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I can sometimes. I wouldn’t say it’s an easy shot from the lower left flipper though.

Compared to the lower loop from left flipper it is lol. Wish I could master that but I basically kick that one to upper left flipper.

1 week later
#362 1 year ago

I don't bother left flippimg the left ramp. Just hit the Odin ramp and right flip.

#367 1 year ago

Who else with the game so far found the dubstep music? I'm always amused when I hear it.

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why is the manual pdf for Legends of Valhalla called Rampage?

It's a mode on the game.

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ball save when you start a character would be nice. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve started a character and the ball drains 2 seconds later…end of ball.

You can set a ball save on the scoop. It lasts a second or two.

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Were the prototypes 3D printed too? The one on location near me never broke I don’t think. So if that was printed too it will put my mind at ease since that’s been put through the ringer.

I'm 500 plays in and it's fine so far.

#401 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Having a problem with the ball trough…. Balls are not ejecting 100% and is a big problem with ball save- ball tries to eject, falls back and I lose that ball…
I watched carefully the ball ejects- two items- the metal flap that keeps the ball in when lifting the table (does not seem to be the culprit) causes a little resistance. I also noticed there is a rubber disc on the undersurface of the top of the trough eject- this may be the culprit.
I have tried turning up and down the coil power.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Had the same. Worked with Dave and bent the metal ball guide at the exit of the ball chute.had to bend it almost to the wood rail.

#427 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My shaker is acting the same way.

Shaker is pretty light on effect. I mentioned to Frank it could be dialed up. He may do so.

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Btw; there’s a tier 3 multiball mode that has a moment where you have to shoot the spinner and sometimes the call out gets stuck on repeats like 3-4 times over and over “shoot the spinner”. Awesome call out, but annoying when it repeats over and over lol.
I’ll try to get more info on it if you need.

It's Grendel. I'm sort of amused by it.

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club and the machine had 21.12.30 code. I played a few games and it played great so I decided to update to 22.03.27 and it seemed like it updated perfectly but now I go to play a machine and it starts but it won't kick a ball into the shooter lane, or my flippers won't work.....thoughts?

Just had this myself. Turned it off for 10 seconds and back on and see if that works.

#473 1 year ago

Beat Ragnarok tonight!!!

20220520_183858 (resized).jpg20220520_183858 (resized).jpg
#476 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! I beat all the legends last night but couldn’t figure out how to start ragnarok. Am I missing something? Do I need to battle ODIN first or qualify something else?

Nope just hit the scoop iirc. Don't need valhalla firat.

3 weeks later
#546 1 year ago

A couple of people have asked me for an option to make it more difficult to get to VALHALLA.
While we consider the difficulty to be approachable for all players I am happy to consider a service menu option.
I think an option for selecting the difficulty on just 2 of the 8 tasks will make it considerably more challenging.
War on Land - currently battling JOTNAR lights the insert. Having an option for battling all 3 (JOTNAR, TROLLS and DWARVES) would make it more difficult.
War at Sea - currently just playing the first sea multiball lights the insert. Having an option for playing all 3 sea MB would make it more difficult (war at sea, viking MB and Viking Raid.
I assume if I add this option there should also be a points incentive if you select the hard option for both war on land and war at sea. How about 2x Valhalla scoring for the entire Valhalla wizard mode? Thoughts?

I like this idea a lot. Could have 3 levels, default, 3 war on lands for 2x, 3 sea mb for 3x.

#547 1 year ago

A couple of people have asked me for an option to make it more difficult to get to VALHALLA.
While we consider the difficulty to be approachable for all players I am happy to consider a service menu option.
I think an option for selecting the difficulty on just 2 of the 8 tasks will make it considerably more challenging.
War on Land - currently battling JOTNAR lights the insert. Having an option for battling all 3 (JOTNAR, TROLLS and DWARVES) would make it more difficult.
War at Sea - currently just playing the first sea multiball lights the insert. Having an option for playing all 3 sea MB would make it more difficult (war at sea, viking MB and Viking Raid.
I assume if I add this option there should also be a points incentive if you select the hard option for both war on land and war at sea. How about 2x Valhalla scoring for the entire Valhalla wizard mode? Thoughts?

Maybe there could be a "Super" Ragnorak as well for more points where you have to defeat every battle on the way by turning off extra balls. Or is that already in?

#576 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

HELP! So can anyone confirm the correct price I should be paying from a dealer for a DE? I had put a deposit down in January of $500. Was told at that time, "they are selling for around $8500." I've seen them all listed since then for $8495 and then I finally get a message today from the local dealer stating that it has arrived to them and the cost is $8995 - my $500 + $325 for shipping.
The shipping seems similar to the last few games I've ordered so no issues there BUT I feel like they are gouging me $500. I don't really have any original documentation or official invoice because they aren't very professional anyway but I didn't expect a price higher than what I'm seeing as retail.

Maybe its tax? List is 8495.

1 week later
#603 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

What am I looking at? Is the ball stuck on the lip or is there a ball jam?

It's stuck on the apron. I've had balls go into the apron. Need to bend the apron to close that gap.

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Got my power supply overnight so I'm up and running again as of last night. Thanks to AP for being so quick about getting this fixed!
I have some plunger issues now that I am working on. I will try some adjustments first per the video before I ask for any suggestions. My first thought was the shooter rod doesn't seem to go out far enough past the auto plunge mech but I need to try a few things first as it isn't even launching up to the top of the playfield. Will report back.

Make sure the rubber tip is intact.

#649 1 year ago
Quoted from mk47:

When will the Berzerker drop down target come up? It seems like the one in my machine is always down.

Check your connections for the drop target underneath the playfield. Mine had pulled loose due to super tight wrap ties.

3 weeks later
#718 1 year ago

By the way, there are cliffys available for LOV now.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

20220715_165447 (resized).jpg20220715_165447 (resized).jpg20220715_170347 (resized).jpg20220715_170347 (resized).jpg20220715_175645 (resized).jpg20220715_175645 (resized).jpg20220715_175705 (resized).jpg20220715_175705 (resized).jpg
#722 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Cliffys looking good, ordered my set 5 weeks ago, hoping they show up before my game. You’re shooter lane looks great. How was the scoop before you put the Cliffy on?
Any new unboxings this past week?

The scoop was getting some damage on the right side. I put some mylar down to stop it.

#723 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

That’s great but to be honest I don’t think they are necessary. We have about 4000 plays on ours and all scoops, etc. look the same as day one. American makes a solid playfield.

Quoted from madamyates:

That’s great but to be honest I don’t think they are necessary. We have about 4000 plays on ours and all scoops, etc. look the same as day one. American makes a solid playfield.

That's great. For me as I mention above my scoop was getting some damage.

2 weeks later
#770 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

My local arcade just received a Legends of Valhalla last week! I've been attempting to learn the game and also have a few questions/comments for the group. I've read through the tiltforums rulesheet as well as the one at the end of the owner's manual. I've watched the Dead Flip stream a few times as well. My personal HS is ~177m but in the 10-12 games I've played I've only breached 100m twice so I'm looking to make sure I've got everything down.
First question: do the multiballs have an add-a-ball?
Second question: how long of a delay is there between the game registering a "completed battle" and starting the bonus battle? (Scenario: I used the Valkyrie to finish the last shot as a ball was draining and the bonus battle should have been Draugr. I would have assumed I could sneak in the ball saver.)
Finally, my comments:
I really, really enjoy this game. I could see myself owning one. Huge thumbs up to the design team!
I noticed on one of my ball drains I gave the machine a good shake and it "dangered" me on my next ball. I would have assumed the software would wait for things to settle down. A bug perhaps?

You can't use Valkarie to finish a battle while draining. I've tried many times. It's a waste of Valkarie.

#798 1 year ago

Also make sure that the file name is correct and didn't gwt

Quoted from rockrand:

I am quite supprised more new owners have not posted about the playfield falling into the cabinet
Here is a picture of the shims I installed on both sides to keep it from falling off easily.
[quoted image]

That's very odd, its like the cabinet is wider or something. Got mine in February and it's fine.

16599953466078185658770029909937 (resized).jpg16599953466078185658770029909937 (resized).jpg
#800 1 year ago
Quoted from cyphr:

Ordered. Any plans to do something similar with Valkyrie in the top left?

Or the blood eagle.

#832 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Post the external width of your cab and the internal width. All at mid cab. I’m curious how it compares to mine. I’ll do the same when I get a chance today.

Mine is 22" outside and 20.5" inside. I have no issues.

#836 1 year ago

Yep, works fine except LOV has 3 buttons. So the 3rd button I left unlit. I suppose you could get 2 kits and patch it in.

1 month later
#915 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My post. Is this the problematic one?
[quoted image]

Nope. Problem one has more angled area and the ball has a better chance to push it down.

2 weeks later
#952 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I have the best luck by shooting the spinner and making it from a slower ball coming around for the feed.

Also with the shooter can use less than a full pull.

#954 1 year ago
Quoted from rudy63:

bonjour a tous.. j'ai reçu mon flipper, et j avais ce problème d éjection de la bille dans le lanceur, j'ai règlé la patte en metal latéral, et j ai voulu augmenter la puissance de la bobine et elle était réglé sur 14 (en blanc), je l ai remise sur 18 (en vert), étonnant que le réglages d origine n était pas sur le chiffre vert. Sinon pouvez m expliquer les reglages :
_ color gi
_combos fire thor s hammer
_pulse kraken magnet ship
ils sont déconnecté d origine.
merci pour vos réponses

Default launch strength should work. I removed the rubber on the top of the exit from the trough and bent the tab almost flat and removed the ball trap for when the playfield is up. Perfect afterwords.

#955 1 year ago
Quoted from rudy63:

bonjour a tous.. j'ai reçu mon flipper, et j avais ce problème d éjection de la bille dans le lanceur, j'ai règlé la patte en metal latéral, et j ai voulu augmenter la puissance de la bobine et elle était réglé sur 14 (en blanc), je l ai remise sur 18 (en vert), étonnant que le réglages d origine n était pas sur le chiffre vert. Sinon pouvez m expliquer les reglages :
_ color gi
_combos fire thor s hammer
_pulse kraken magnet ship
ils sont déconnecté d origine.
merci pour vos réponses

Color GI is your general immunization setting. It can be only white or different colors depending on what's happening.
When you score a combo I guess it will fire the hammer.
Pulse means when a ball exits the ship the magnet pulses and sends the ball in random directions.

#957 1 year ago
Quoted from rudy63:

j'ai mis color gi en marche, et rien n a changé. Pour le combo fire thors, le marteau fonctionne et le paramètre est sur désactivé. Je comprends pas trop.. et sinon j ai lu qu il existe un ruban pour éviter que la vitre vibre, qu elle sorte est ce ? c est un vraiment un superbe flip, la billes circulé bien, beaucoup de missions..

Not sure why your settings wouldn't work. You can open a ticket on the America Pinball website.

#958 1 year ago

Finally defeated Valhalla!!!! Time to change the settings to no timeouts on the battles.

20221014_151442 (resized).jpg20221014_151442 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#980 1 year ago
Quoted from rudy63:

J'ai souvent des bugs dans une des multibilles, la multi viking je crois

What's your issues in the multiball? Could be related to the ship post or ship optos and not any software bug.

#982 1 year ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Has this code bug been fixed yet? we are running latest code and it still auto plunges next player ball after a tilt.

You are right I'll let Frank know.

#986 1 year ago
Quoted from rudy63:

a certains moment, il me semble que c est lors de la viking multi ball, il m arrive qu il y est un problème avec le comptage des billes, le jeu bug je me retrouve avec une bille alors que je ne devrait pas, et deux fois lors ca me demandais de tirer sur les fléches rouge alors qu il n y a aucune flèche rouge d allumer.. je vais regarder plus précisément où et quand ca me le fait.

Yeah likely a ship problem. If you turn off ship locks and use virtual locks you may see the problem go away. There are some tweaks to the ship to address this. You can open a ticket with support and they will help you.

3 weeks later
#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Well, AP has ignored my last couple of emails over the last two weeks (which is disappointing) so I'll post it here: I have an issue where my trough upkick is failing about 50% of the time. The coil fires, the ball tries to go up into the trough, but then falls back down. If I bump up the power a bit it helps. and if I lower it gets worse. But the problem exists regardless. Here's a video of the problem, and a closeup of what my upkick area looks like. I tried bending the metal flap per an AP video but that didn't help.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c99DVzac454F09p87GfTLDbLbJfWqoyN/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bmOYeJ_iBXjIei7Phkas4tLS0jIMkLI6/view?usp=sharing

Can

Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I think I have a basic question here. It may have already been answered, but forgive me if I don’t want to scroll through 21 pages to find it. My question is…does the upper spotlight only come on for certain modes or specific activities in the back of the playfield? I know my light works because it comes up during the start-up/boot-up, but I haven’t seen it come on during regular game play.

Yes it's not always on. You can see it come on during certain modes.

#1029 1 year ago

Got this banner delivered today!

20221214_191149 (resized).jpg20221214_191149 (resized).jpg
#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

About a month or so. Having issues with the ball getting stuck in the top left corner sometimes after it speeds up and around the right orbit. Have no idea how to permanently fix. Pitch set at 7.
No other issues to report. Avid pinball players love the challenge of it. Casual players not so much. I think the people that dislike also don't understand any of the rules.

I've never had that happen after 800+ games. Is the magnet maybe sticking up causing a ball launch?

1 week later
#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from dharv:

All opto switches in the ship check out with the manual test. I tried doing the virtual lock and the ball still gets stuck. Appreciate the guidance.

Dunno how many games you have into it but after around 700 on mine I was having issues and cleaning the ship optos fixed my problem.

#1061 1 year ago
Quoted from dharv:

So scoring on this game has made me nearly insane or more insane than before I guess. My highest score is 91M and I got that on the first day just hitting the ball around and not knowing what I'm doing. Have had lots of games in the 80M point range and those mostly come from getting the ship multiball while attempting to conquer the legends.
Love the tips of getting to the 4th legend so you get the multiball but haven't seen that change my scoring much.
Struggle so much hitting that left lane it is sad. All the other shots are okay. This game is far more challenging than my previous pins of TAF and ECLE. Kept the TAF but sold the ECLE as I was tired of all the maintenance on that damn thing.
Any scoring tips are more than welcome.

You don't really need to hit the left orbit that much I wouldn't focus on that.
Build up the hammer and combos and use the hammer to win tough fights quickly and the Valk to get that tough shot in battles like the left orbit.
Start ship multiballs to help with battles and just for points.
There are a ton of things going on and you will just need to keep playing to get a feel for it. Even the little things like switching the R A I D inlanes when a ball rolls through so you build that up. Hitting weapon shots to unlock the battles and so on.

#1079 1 year ago

Yes, if you don't get God of Thunder by super skill shot you have to make the top rollovers twice.
One full set of top rollovers = 2x bonus, two full set of top rollovers = 3x bonus. God of Thunder is lit at 3x. Short plunges and light shots to the loops or using the hammer/combos to line up the arrows also help.
The God of Thunder requirement is frustrating you? How can I help? Most people tell me the requirements for Valhalla are fair.

Hey Frank, I always wondered this but never brought it up. Is God if Thunder on the skill list for mystery reward? Could make sense to have that.

1 week later
#1113 1 year ago
Quoted from Eug:

Full agreement on everything you're saying there. So many posts about how this is a flow game, but I've never played a game where so many shots just unsatisfyingly rattle around (other than the one I played at a show, which was super smooth and caused me to order one). I tried different angles, tried removing the left lane post rubber, and nothing helps.

Its weird to me to hear that people struggle with the ramp shot. I can hit it fairly easily so makes me wonder why. It is a shot that has to be timed and almost off the tip but should go in strongly and easily.
Maybe the pitch needs to be checked again?
Maybe it's a flipper switch issue? It's a double switch and you can trigger the lower and not the upper if the gap is large enough. Could play with the gap to make sure it triggers as expected and not with a little delay.
I had a linkage fall out of that one but then it wouldn't work at all so it's not that I guess

The left orbit is a tough shot no question. I usually try work arounds on that one. Like using Valk, multiballs etc. It's a risky shot as well if you miss. And sometimes you have to make it i.e. Valhalla.

#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Well you two are making me jealous. I would love that shot if it went in smoothly with a direct hit, but no joke: The ball goes up the ramp HARD, rattles about 2/3rds of the way up, and rolls back down. Strong flipper, weak flipper, doesn't matter. The only thing that seemed to help: If I lower the flipper band almost all the way to the bottom of the bat (but then it just wiggles its way back up) and hitting only slow rolling balls. Perhaps tonight I'll lower the pitch to 6.5 (I'm at 7 now), but I'm closing in on "time to sell" if I can't get it dialed in better.

Yeah that doesn't make sense. It sounds like it's hitting something to cause that. If you have time, pull the glass and run some slow motion video to see what's happening. Might need some tweaks to the ramp itself. I'm sure folks here would be able to make suggestions based on the video.

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

The ramp that feeds the boat has a steep, curving bend in a complicated metal part. I remember on some pre-production games the bend was too steep which resulted in the ball tending to fly straight up into the plastic that prevents air balls instead of going more smoothly up into the boat. I could see some variation in those production parts (especially as they lay stacked in a box waiting for assembly) as well as the skill level of the technician in assembly resulting in some ramps not playing as smoothly as others.

That sounds completely plausible but then what should someone do in this case, open a ticket with AP? Doesn't sound user fixable.

#1136 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Here are some videos. Perhaps someone will spot something that I'm not.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B5RdHcDUmUolOCpYPMTxfhvQ-pk1HsCy/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BAFhkn0mFuVXWPxZc3aFyPzg15qkZeDd/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BDqPkMm55Nt6uR8wURFHyWmJRlR4cUyY/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BGCehWEkojq8qH3U9P0yPSNXv8jEeUo5/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BGcutU5SCR10ILWKYIzNVAMveoni4_zs/view?usp=sharing

I figure if the ball can get 70-80% up the ramp, it should make it all the way. I botch it plenty, but the missed shots I'm referring to I think -should- make it in. Don't start me on that right shooter lane I'll also check the pulse. I'm using stock flipper bands. I agree the slower the ball is moving, the better chance I have, so the spinner combo is my best chance.

Hmm not in slow mo but could be jumping the ramp and banging the plastic ceiling. Couple of these you looks like you hit low on the ramp and killed the speed into the side. Take the glass off and try a bunch and see if there is something happening like I described. If it hits cleanly but hops into the plastic ceiling that's a ramp issue and not you.

#1140 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Too late!

Too early!
You guys are killing me! I'll check the top entry post and the above plastic to see if the ball is hitting either. When I take the glass off I'll take that top clear plastic off and say a prayer that I don't send a ball flying through the air testing it.
I did try setting the power up to 27 (30 is max) and the shots that complete do feel better, but they don't complete more often.
RandomRetro - all I want is my shots to feel like yours looked. Sometimes they do. More often then not it's "and....no." And I consider myself pretty good at on-the-fly shots. I can do 20+ loops on No Fear, but can't make two ship ramps shots here.

I'll be interested to see if the balls go flying with the plastic off!

#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

I'm a but slow on learning rules so apologies in advance...I have this on location and I like to be able to explain goals to players who aren't familiar with the machine.
1. So combos give you a valkyrie which is used during a battle to achieve one of the lit shots. Are there other ways to earn a valkyrie?
2. What does the Thor's hammer do then? I think the spinner hits build up the percentage but I am not remembering what happens when you get it and how it is/should be used.

You can get a valkeryie by the award from mystery award.
Thors hammer immediately wins a battle for you unless you are actually battling Thor.

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unfortunately, I haven't had one in-house to do comprehensive tests on. This was developed with pinsiders testing out parts as I put together a version of the ZEN kit specifically for LoV. It's one of the machines I get the most requests for cooling on, so I knew something was up even without having hands on with it.
If you want to lend me a machine for a few months, I'll be happy to temp test it without/with cooling and send you the results. Then I'll be able to add a graph to the product page, too.
EDIT: Fixed the pictures on the product page so they show the brackets installed on an actual LoV.

Yeah that was me. I bought the cooling fans for GnR and they made a massive difference. So when I got LOV I noticed major coil fade after a while. I would say within 15 minutes it's noticeable and at the 30 minute mark or earlier you simply can't make certain shots any more. For example any back handing from the flippers is gone. Even making the center ramp from the left ramp is changed and much more difficult. And I noted the coils were super hot. You even get less slingshot outlane drains because those coils get hot. Which is ok from a player perspective haha. So anyway I bugged Pinmonk to make fans for LOV and working with him he made this solution and it makes a real difference. No numbers but it's easy to tell if you have longer games or multiple games. I can easily make the center ramp in a long game now with the cooling fans. Backhanding is not as easy as a completely fresh start but possible.
It's interesting because I don't have the issue on Stern games and Pinmonk has explained why in one thing I read that he published because they pulse the coils or something. I notice a little fade on Deadpool for example but it's not enough to significantly impact my play at least. GnR and LoV I would say it's almost required. So thank you Pinmonk. Fantastic mod which will help anyone a lot. Upper is not covered by the fans but it doesn't matter in this case. And screw those slingshots! Get it and enjoy. Simple install.

#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Any update which screws were removed to help this? I am getting way too many rejects up that ramp and open to any solution that might help cause it's getting frustrating. Tried tweaking flipper alignments, power on flippers and everything else I could think of so far.

I didn't need to do it but I would try removing the middle screws and test it. Would only take a couple minutes.

1 week later
#1210 1 year ago

Todays big score hint - Legend Battle - Hel.
This is one of my go to battles when I need a quick 15 or so million, but it requires some planning. Since it is a Tier 3 battle, you need 5 weapons.
You also need a Valkyrie (not the hammer, just a Valkyrie). Hel is a 6 shot battle.
1st shot Right Shooter Lane - use the Valkyrie
next shoot the Left Ramp (combo)
next shoot the Center Ramp (combo)
next shoot the Left Ramp (combo)
next shoot the Center Ramp (combo)
last Right Shooter Lane - just use the Valkyrie you just earned from your combos!
What just happened? Using your Valkyrie at the beginning of the battle awards the first shot (right shooter lane, very tough shot). The sequence of ramps above will earn you another Valkyrie. Last shot is the right shooter lane, so use your Valkyrie. This will earn you over 17,000,000! Of course if you flub the combos, all bets are off
Onward Viking!

Ha that's exactly what I do.

2 weeks later
#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Not sure if this is a bug. Having a good game. Just finished the regular ship multiball followed by raid multi ball. Down to one ball. Loaded the ship with it and the game just sat there. Every thing looked ok. Waited 10 minutes and no ball search. Eventually had to re boot and everything was fine.

Didn't detect the ball in ship likely. Variety of reasons for this. If it happens more often connect with AP tech support they can walk you through some fixes.

#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I thought that. But never had that problem before or after. The balls are detected fine.
Also made all three God of Thunder shots at the top and did not get credit on the playfield. Never had that happen before either.

Ship definitely needs tweaking. It's not detecting it in the ship. Could be a post problem (likely) or opto.

3 weeks later
#1297 1 year ago
Quoted from Pharmboy2003:

I received my LOV in late February and with less than 30 plays have experienced twice a ball ejecting out above the ball trough through a whole in the playfield underneath the apron. One ball stuck there and the other time the ball fell into my coin box. Any advice on what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for any help

Bend the piece of metal to close the gap behind the trough. Might be part of the apron I forget.

#1313 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Something new has been happening on my game. The ball eject takes a few attempts if it happens during a multiball mode it ends the ball. Thoughts?

It's normal to end the ball if it fails the eject several times. Play with coil strength. Remove the rubber stopper at the top. Remove the swinging ball gate and bend the diverter flap almost all the way back to open the chute all the way.

Don't have to do all of those but try one that's easy to revert like the rubber stopper and go from there.

#1316 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Cleaning and removing extra balls for our shindig/tournament.
The audits never lie, but the devil is in the details
[quoted image]

Time for you to step up your game.

20230310_220224 (resized).jpg20230310_220224 (resized).jpg
#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

What is the deal with a ball ending up in/under the apron on this game? I believe the apron flap that that is supposed to direct the draining balls to the trough hole is just not long enough and a fast drain will cause the ball to end up on top of the play field under the right side of the apron. Only seems to happen during a multiball. I'll either need a new apron or fabricate a ball block. Anyone else see this problem?

It's a simple fix. Bend the apron a little to close the gap.

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Thanks for the suggestion. Just so I understand fully...you are suggesting to bend the 'flap/tab' that is supposed to block the balls, from the current angle to more 'straight'? If that is the case I will do that tonight. Inspecting my Hot Wheels, the 'flap/tab' is much longer and that game doesn't have the problem. Not sure why AP changed the apron specifications, quite an oversight IMHO. Still love the game!
AP must be too busy to release the new code, but I'm eager to try it out.

Yeah just bend it outward a bit. I did that hasn't happened since.

Code is on the cusp of coming out. New features keep getting added so things ARE happening. You are gonna really like the updates.

2 weeks later
#1394 1 year ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

What an amazing game.
Played it for the first time on Wednesday and now I want to order one more than GTF

It's pretty awesome. You can turn on the ball save option for the scoop. Also, just dead pass it from the left to the right flipper from there. Don't try an active save.

2 weeks later
#1416 1 year ago
Quoted from Eug:

I think it may look that way in the video but it's actually fine. Even if it was messed up, though, the post doesn't move up and down freely.

Might be hanging up on the plastic sleeve above the playfield underneath the ship. You can try slightly bending the bracket until it moves freely. Can also try a drill and reaming the plastic wider so the post has more room.

#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Joining the club next week so have to read through the thread. Any "must-do" or "must-checks" when I first get it? From skimming, the ship lock seems to be an issue but the guy I'm buying from says it hasn't been an issue for him yet. Anything else I need to look for?
I played this on location a few times and enjoyed it so am looking forward to being able to dig deeper!

There can be a bunch of minor fixes but play it first and if you see something then search this topic. Almost all my little fixes are in the topic.

3 weeks later
#1477 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Has anyone had any issues with the powdercoat on their game? I've only had mine for 2 days and I noticed some (very faint at the moment) dark patches starting to appear on the edges of the lock down bar. It's barely noticeable but it's definitely there, and you can just about see it in the pic.
After the Halloween debacle I ended up clearcoating mine as a precaution, and on this game after only 2 days, this is slightly worrying... [quoted image]

Yep. You need to clearcoat it. Also the side armor where you fingers rest using the flippers.

#1487 11 months ago
Quoted from BloodSpawnDevil:

Wait what? I gotta clear coat it? It shouldn't do this right? Too late for me to clear coat haha. I've only had the game for less than 3 weeks. Looks like it's got a dark tan on the sides heh.

[quoted image]

I didn't mention it before since no one ever brought it up so wondered if it was only me. Had it after 50 games. AP sent me a new bar and same thing. Finally got another new bar and side armor and I sprayed clear on it and waxed it and now it's fine.

#1499 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I saw them doing this on Dave's stream, and mine never does this - both from plunge, and even when I get the strongest hit around the right orbit, holding the top flipper up only hits the post below all 3 targets.

You can try changing the angle of your upper flipper .

2 weeks later
#1508 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yep same here, I got a replacement lockdown bar, but have noticed my rails getting the same problem.
Has anyone here removed the side rails on this game? I was going to take them off to clearcoat them, but, I can see they seem to be screwed/bolted on at both ends - however the locking nut on the rail at the back of the game seems to be unreachable (it seems to be covered by some of the cabinet)? So I'm not sure I can actually remove it?
Would be grateful if someone here who has actually removed them could give some pointers so I don't destroy the cabinet taking them off.

First off, they have tape. I used a scraper to slide underneath the rails and cut it. Go slow and careful and you shouldn't scratch anything.

For the screw it was annoying but I essentially disconnected the head to get access to that back screw.

After I had the rail off I used some adhesive remover to get the left over tape off the cabinet.

I had some dark spots on my rails so they sent me new ones and I sprayed clearcoat on them before installing and also waxed them.

#1515 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Ah ok so it is a bit of a pain...
So to get access to that back screw you have to take the backbox off?

Maybe if you had the right tool you could avoid the removal. I didn't but it was only a few minutes anyway.

1 week later
#1520 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Lightly considering buying a used deluxe version (I have no idea what versions are available). I have read about the powder coating getting worn off of the lockdown bars. I'm assuming that's what I see in these photos and they are not shadows.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/159130
Anything else to be aware of when looking to purchase this game?

Yeah that's the deluxe version. Nice price although extra 300 for the normally included invisiglass.

Ship locking can take a lot of work to get it tuned. But it's not overly technical.

Trough launcher may also need adjustment. I bent back the flange, removed the rubber grommet and ball flap. Still get occasional retries.

Apron flap behind trough may need to be bent forward to prevent balls from going into it. Easy fix.

Check the hammer. Those break sometimes.

Solid machine otherwise.

#1524 10 months ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

My drop target won't raise, I don't think it's a coil issue.
Any ideas?

Check that the cable to the coil is still plugged in. Mine got pulled out at one point.

#1534 9 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Well I'm now having a bit of trouble with the ship lock post. It's binding up for sure, because when it lowers, I can see it raises up again veeeeeery slooooooowly...
Besides the spring (which i think is ok - the extra washer is installed) is there any known issue with it rubbing against the collar or the ship that would cause this behaviour?

Yes. You can fiddle underneath with the alignment by bending the mounting bracket to try and free it up. I ended up taking a drill and reaming out the collar some by using the side of the bit. That worked for me.

1 month later
#1574 8 months ago
Quoted from BloodSpawnDevil:

Made it to Valhalla for the first time and then wanted to look up rules to see how far I got...
Is it a secret? How many phases past collecting weapons?
Anyway my wife said I got ripped off in Odin battle for under flipper axe, but I thought I might have lit it again after hitting it. Is the latter possible?

I do have a secret for you on the under flipper shot. It can and will hit the shelf behind the hole and drop and miss rhe opto. I cut a piece off a furniture floor saver and stuck it to the rail behind the shelf eliminating the shelf. I never miss the opto now.

1 week later
#1583 8 months ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

So, it's the drop target coil which melt, and took out the board's fuse.
No idea why this coil metl... the DT switch is working fine

I had the auto launch coil melt. One of the caps failed on the board and had to be replaced.

3 weeks later
#1609 7 months ago

Rocket city pinball start button replacement!

20230914_161345 (resized).jpg20230914_161345 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1647 6 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I dunno I'm just using the old one still and I'm kinda scared to use the new one without clearcoating it.
I did DIY clearcoat my Halloween lockdown bar and side rails after all the reports of it wearing off, it wasn't too hard to do and the end result was pretty great. So I was thinking about doing it for Valhalla. Last thing I want is to put on the new lockdown bar and the same thing happens.

You need to clear coat and wax it. Also do the side armor.

#1649 6 months ago

I read this pervious but I dint have this issue. Weird. No good input other than contact support.

2 weeks later
#1663 5 months ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Has this been solved? This problem is now happening on this machine....
understood that unplugging it works....but id like shaker effects. what is the root of the problem???
Respectfully

I've never seen that, recommend opening a ticket with support.

1 week later
#1678 5 months ago

Anyones upper flipper not worked before? Along with the hammer coil…? No knocker. Start switch doesnt work. Neither of those work on my machine, currently.

Open a ticket with support. I had a coil melt for the ball launch and it was a bad transistor. Took out the whole chain.

1 month later
#1706 4 months ago

After Drauga (multiball battle) is defeated, why doesnt the next battle start with the two balls in hand. Why dies it wait till one drains before starting the bonus battle?
Respectfully

Multiball battles go into victory laps until you drain to 1 ball so you never have multiple balls going into the next battle unless that is also multiball I suppose. Don't think I've done that last one actually.

2 months later
#1779 38 days ago

I think it's too difficult for a lot of people. I love it, tons of different things going on. Different multiballs. Fighting Odin. Starting and finishing Ragnorak. No negatives for me.
People might find it a little bouncy.

1 week later
#1783 31 days ago

Anyone thought about creating a couple stickers for the two left targets? They could use some love, they are the only 2 without.

1 week later
#1804 18 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Never knew this either - that's cool, but I reckon it would still be nice to get some extra God of Thunder Hammer points, or an additional perk of some sort so that toy/mech is used more. At the moment if I don't get the God of Thunder insert on the skillshot, it's highly unlikely I'll get it at all. The orbits are pretty tough on this one and getting into the lanes is super difficult without the magnet.
It's the one (minor) criticism I have of the game rules - your aren't really incentivised enough to go for the tough shots. Think I mentioned it before but with the weapons for example - I have no reason to ever go for the Ulfbert Sword. It's such a difficult shot, while the ramps are much easier - so it's simpler just to switch to Broad Axe or Longbow and keep collecting those. I'd love to see a small hurry up, mini wizard or award for collecting the complete weapon set it would give me a reason to go for the harder ones.
Unless of course there are some things like that already in the game and like shirkle, I'm just not good enough to see them (very possible).

To defeat Odin you have to get them all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/legends-of-valhalla-owners-club-time-for-a-rampage?tu=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.