(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2235 1 year ago

Updating the jjp site frenetically, refusing to go to bed.

THIS IS BIGGER THEN THE LUNAR LANDING!

#3194 1 year ago

The game looks really beautiful. Love the colors and lights.(maybe a tad to similar to wonka)?.

Gripes....
Playfield looks empty.
Toy story4?
What is with lawlor and ugly generic toys? (pop up girl, electric dude and scissor girl in di)

It may shoot great, but at said suggested price, i was hoping for an overloaded woz situation. Good knows the theme merits it.

#3353 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Toy Story 4 Pinball Featurette (Jersey Jack Pinball, 2022)
An in-depth look into Jersey Jack Pinball's newest pinball machine release: Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 4
Hear about the game's creation from Toy Story 4 pinball designer Pat Lawlor, programmer Joe Katz, and marketer Ken Cromwell. They discuss working with Disney-Pixar, new technologies, and key features of this instant-classic pinball machine.
Join Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Bo Peep into the world of Toy Story, under glass.

The video clearly makes for more excitement.
You gotta respect the team and pat's dedication, him allmost breaking up with emotion at the end.
Hat's of.

#4112 1 year ago

I think it looks lovely and i do think you will get the toy story feel, thru call outs and such, but....
Here in sweden you will end up paying 17k usd to get a le toy story in your game room.

For the same money you will get two really good computers with racing wheels (for head to head racing) and that stuff + an air hockey table + a two player multicade with 7000games + a 70 inch flat screen tv + an older game suchs as wcs in good condition.

Thats alot of decent entertainment.

#4443 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM: Toy Story 4 Pinball First Impressions

Love your content. Keep up the good work!
Your enthusiasm and love of the hobby comes thru and i for one allways have a smile on my face, when i see you have new content.
Ignore the haters, that usually provides nothing but vitriol themself.

The game looks fabulous. I think besides beatles it's the most beautiful ever.
Seems really fun to shoot and the theme of toy story seems to come thru in a good way.
I also really like jjp's ongoing effort trying to appeal to a younger generation coming into this excellent hobby.

Two gripes.

The ipad should have been an amazing mech.

The cost. Here in sweden with freight and vat, a le will come in at 17k, wich for comparishion, is almost the same as a secretary or such makes in a year.

#4446 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

I do appreciate the produced launch video packages they do for JJP releases. They are all well done and provide good behind the scenes insights right at launch.
The other impressions/reviews content is a hard pass as it cannot realistically be objective.

You do know that the only thing objective in this world is basic math and swiss watches?

1 week later
#5322 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

As much as I hate to admit it (and at the expense of me likely never being able to afford a NIB JJP game again) I think this is probably the correct strategy for JJP. Increasing the profit margin with the caveat of producing fewer games probably fits best with their business model. Sell 1000 CE's and limit LE's to 2000 games and just be done with the game after selling between 2-2.5K units and move on to the next game. Producing 4K plus units like they did on GNR over a 20 month time-frame probably isn't sustainable if they plan to introduce new games every 6 to 9 months. They really don't have the production capacity to keep up with that cadence if they have significant demand on their titles. Increasing price and reducing the BOM reduces the demand which solves the problem.

I dont understand. The more sold, the less the developing cost. The more spare parts for aftermarket etc.
If all pinball companies only made 250 copies, the hobby would die out fairly soon.
How many do you know collecting faberge egg and do you consider it a hobby on the uprise?

#5323 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You really think Steve/Eric would be jazzed to retheme Pat's DI design? Seems farfetched to me...designers like to design.

Dialed in would be a very good game if they rewrote the rules and story, making anything else then recharge->catastrophy->Sim-card make even remotely sense.

Make theater more meaningful/interesting, make the drone area mean anything at all (!!!!) and make sissor girl, left ramp shop etc meaningful in an interesting fashion.

Why not different requisites for starting different cathastropies? Different added stuff for completing tasks outside of named base, ex. like hobbit do this stuff first and you get an extra ball for modes etc.

1 week later
#5514 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Why? You can look at my collection (I’ve got plenty of good options) and it’s the one I spend the most time on. Can’t stop hitting the start button and one of the few pins I have that I’ve gotten nowhere near the end (but I have scored 33M which I think is pretty good!).

Your collection is insanely good. If you can add thoose on your wishlist, it would become outstanding.

#5539 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I really respect your opinion on many games and even this game. I also think your arguments lose a bit of strength if you call a game a flop 20 something days after release

Considering it took 4 years to make, was the good bye game from a designer with lots of accolade.
Had a theme most were really into and due to theme anticipated lots of fun mechs and imagination, were price was also indikating something very, very special.

You, might not call it a flop, but i think many are hugely disappointed.

#5561 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

After 2 weeks in the company office the game is still down more often than it is up due to stuck balls. There are some serious design flaws in this game, and I am bringing styrofoam with me next time I'm there to press into shape to keep the ball from getting stuck in certain spots. I'm still dialing in switches as well but this is a hard fail from JJP as far as I'm concerned.
As to the game itself, I still don't like it and would rather have most Stern Pros than this from a fun factor.
HOWEVER,
The reception among the "non-pinball" people on this machine at the company office has been overwhelmingly positive, and this is getting played more than Deadpool, Star Wars, or Led Zepplin was when they were here. Non-pinball people understand this game, and the Gabby Gabby, easy ramp, easy scoop, spin wheel, captive ball, and kaboom ramp all make easy targets. As a half decent player, I find it boring and too easy, but the crowd as a whole love it. One of the other guys in the company with a pin (a G&R) told me he preferred the Toy Story because it, "shot better".
As a pinball fan, I'm still lukewarm at best on this, but the masses at the company overwhelmingly improve.
JJP did not build this for pinside... they built it for the non pinball nerd... and its appeal is strong with that crowd.

Great tell. Seems like a great and approachable pin for getting family and friends involved.
If this were a 7.5k machine i think a lot of home collectors would consider it for that reason.

1 week later
#5790 1 year ago

So, they plan to sell 1k ce¨s.
I think they should count themself lucky selling a total of 1k games.

1 week later
#5955 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

The Hobbit I purchased off-route had 24,000 plays. It was the top earner for nearly 3 years in the large arcade I bought it from. It cleaned up beautifully, and looks nearly new after all that time. Hence, my experience is that it was very well built and held up quite well. As for "snooze-fest", that's a personal opinion. I find it a wonderful title and consider it one of the most underrated pins I've ever bought. Closest thing to an RPG in pinball, even better than AIQ in that regard.[quoted image][quoted image]

Code and assetmanagement is by far....by far the best ever.
Into the fire is the best wizard mode in pinball.
Beautiful and gteat sound/callout etc.

Shotvariation is lacking.

2 months later
#5993 1 year ago

The threads on this game is to a complete stand still and there seem to be alot of sellers.
'
Is this game a disaster?

#5997 1 year ago

That thread is close to dead to.

#5998 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

No, but TS4 didn't meet everyone's Disney-imagineering-mechanical-hopes-and-dreams but it's a very high quality game and super fun.
But pinball prices ballooned too fast and there are many more sellers than buyers. I've never seen so many overpriced, non-selling games on pinside before.
There are 27 sale ads for Godzilla alone right now.

I think pinball buyers can bare with high prices, but it has to come with the feeling that the game and what´s in there must motivate it.

#6002 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What do you want people to talk about? The code is pretty much complete and there are few issues with the game mechanically. Those two topics are most of what people tend to discuss. The theme turned quite a few people off as did the price. My guess is that given those two factors, there aren’t that many people that own the game and so participation in an owners thread will be lower. Personally, I owned an LE and really liked it, but for business reasons, I had to sell it

So. Few have it and not much to talk about.
Isn´t that pretty much a disaster, esp considering the anticipation beforehand.

#6008 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

It's okay to pass on a game due to theme, collection balance, cost, whatever.....
But saying Toy Story is empty relative to other games is not rational. It's an emotional response or self-justification for missing out.

I´ve never said it was empty, there is just nothing new and exciting in it.
Most people was probably hoping for toys in a toy story pin.

#6010 1 year ago

Oh darned.
Well you get an a for effort.
Im truuly disapointed though.
Jjp imo is moving in the wrong direction.
Gnr managed to salvage due to assets, creativity and artistic expression.
This is just blah.
With the amount of talent and time on each game i expect a lot better.

This for me is a poor pinball year. The only game standing out is godzilla, which looks spectacular, but the theme gives me nothing. Going to call örebro about getting an alien.

#6017 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I don't need new with a particular pin. I need fun. I need theme integration. I need smooth shots. Oh and I need fun. This pin started out slow for me and then opened up around play 30-40. I am now over 150 games and it gets the most play in the house. Supremely underrated for me as I prefer it to Wonka and Dialed In.

Good to hear you are enjoying it.
That's the most important thing.
I was hoping for something really amazing, esp considering where the price ends up here in europe.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 35.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.