(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 121.
#1 2 years ago

Has anyone actually confirmed this is in the works and, if so, when we expect to get any type of announcement regarding it.

All I have seen are rumors in different places.

#2 2 years ago

No. Just rumors.

#3 2 years ago

Im in!

#4 2 years ago

I will trade my POTC le for a Toy Story C.E.....Hopefully they get all the assets if its happening..

#5 2 years ago

Fantastic theme. Hope it happens.

#6 2 years ago

I'm in on a CE if it happens!

#7 2 years ago

I can confirm there’s a rumor.

#8 2 years ago

It was rumored a couple years ago at TPF - YBR was unveiled. It was rumored at MGC - WW was unveiled. It was rumored last year - GNR was unveiled.

Looks like rumors are winning 3 to 0.

LTG : )

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I can confirm there’s a rumor.

And I have confirmed your confirmation that there is, in fact, a rumor.

#10 2 years ago
main-qimg-664b24dccfe8c51d1261bcc3ee32f87c (resized).jpgmain-qimg-664b24dccfe8c51d1261bcc3ee32f87c (resized).jpg
#11 2 years ago

I'd be shocked if it isn't the next JJP release. It's the only rumored game. I can't recall hearing anything else mentioned.

I'm on the list for a CE.

#12 2 years ago

Where are you on the list?

#13 2 years ago

I'm on the list. I expect too low for a CE but am good with the LE.

#14 2 years ago

I was hoping for another pirates run, but after hearing Eric explain the warehouse is setup for standards builds, his talk about cost increases and how difficult pirates was to make I’ve now given up that hope. I’ll put a deposit down on anything, but another music pin.

I’d buy Toy Story.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Matt1724:

I was hoping for another pirates run, but after hearing Eric explain the warehouse is setup for standards builds, his talk about cost increases and how difficult pirates was to make I’ve now given up that hope. I’ll put a deposit down on anything, but another music pin.
I’d buy Toy Story.

Also depp beat up his old lady, so there’s that

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Matt1724:

I’d buy Toy Story.

I wonder if they could even sell 500 pirates - it’s hard to tell if the current prices are FOMO or actual demand.

If they were able, they should solve the multi-disc spinner issue - then they could sell 1000+ of them (and retrofit kits for existing games).

As for Toy Story, I’d probably be interested...but I’m really hoping for a Harry Potter or Mandalorian JJP.

1 week later
#17 2 years ago

With the way GnR is selling, I keep hearing that Toy Story won't hit the line until late this year, at best. Rumor? Ugly reality? Who knows?

1 month later
#18 2 years ago

Anyone know of a dealer I can get on a list for a CE?

Thanks

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Anyone know of a dealer I can get on a list for a CE?
Thanks

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Has anyone actually confirmed this is in the works and, if so, when we expect to get any type of announcement regarding it.
All I have seen are rumors in different places.

Toy Story was on a leaked internal JJP roadmap list year ago. Pretty strong indications Pat Lawlor is doing it (has completely it?) and it would have been out by now if not for COVID pushing everything back by a year essentially.

Then again, Muppets was also on that leaked list and it hasn't happened yet either and I've heard ZERO talk about it, so it might be dead at JJP (which is fine with me).

#21 2 years ago

It's confirmed, I heard it from Jack himself.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I call BS. None of the manufacturers confirm like that, Jack included.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Really? Cool

#24 2 years ago

When Slash wanted a pin he called JJP and Eric had full assets.If James Cameron wants a pin he will follow suit .I can’t even imagine with all the new lighting innovation ,what team Eric would do with Avatar .I really want to see this happen .Just remember 2 new long ass movies will be coming out I’m just wondering if this would happen December ‘22 or December ‘24 as thats the release dates .In between who knows .Do these company’s advertise what licenses they carry or is that all rumor also ?

3 months later
#25 2 years ago

I'm interested in buying one of the toy story pinball machines. What do the experts on this board recommend I do to ensure I get a machine? I don't want it to sell out and then have to buy it from a person that buys it and just turns it around to make a couple thousand in profit. Thank you for everyone's tips and recommendations.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from EagleEd7:

I'm interested in buying one of the toy story pinball machines. What do the experts on this board recommend I do to ensure I get a machine?

Call your distributor and tell them which version you want and how much you'll pay. Ask if they have a wait list and what it means if your name is on the list. Ask how potential playfield issues will be handled. If they give you satisfactory answers put your name on the list.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Call your distributor and tell them which version you want and how much you'll pay. Ask if they have a wait list and what it means if your name is on the list. Ask how potential playfield issues will be handled. If they give you satisfactory answers put your name on the list.

Respectfully, this is the problem with the hobby at the moment. FOMO - it's a pinball. Not a collector car. Continuing to get on lists that operate akin to a speakeasy continues to drive prices through the roof. Prices are artificially inflated. There's certainly nothing additional added to games unless you calculate in the costs to have your defective playfield replaced on your dime.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Respectfully, this is the problem with the hobby at the moment. FOMO - it's a pinball. Not a collector car. Continuing to get on lists that operate akin to a speakeasy continues to drive prices through the roof. Prices are artificially inflated. There's certainly nothing additional added to games unless you calculate in the costs to have your defective playfield replaced on your dime.

To add to this, I would caution even buying this game. It will likely come with a shitty playfield that will chip up in a hundred plays or so.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I call BS. None of the manufacturers confirm like that, Jack included.

Really?

This was well before Wonka and GnR were announced and released. It’s legit. Toy Story is coming

#30 2 years ago

I would love to see Toy Story announced before the end of the year but unless they get a second line going to fill those GnR orders I just don’t see it happening.

#31 2 years ago

As they still have a serious backlog of GNR the next pin won’t be revealed for another year or so.

We know it’s normal body,as the line can’t change .licensed movie theme,pat/steve

Is it toy story... who knows .is it Disney related Ehm I think so but think of another movie series that comes out in that same year

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:Respectfully, this is the problem with the hobby at the moment. FOMO - it's a pinball.

Who is it a problem for? At most for the folks who are afraid of missing out and stress themselves. That‘s their choice and choice is good. I see a choice of new machines I can buy if I want to. Or a used one. Prices are high, sure, but that’s supply and demand. Too much cash in people’s pockets? - a problem? Pinball manufacturers seem to be doing well - that’s good - right - unless maybe you are going for bankruptcy closeout deals.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

To add to this, I would caution even buying this game. It will likely come with a shitty playfield that will chip up in a hundred plays or so.

And if you feel the risk is too high the game will not give you all the pleasure you feel you’ve earned with the money spent then don’t buy it - it’s your choice. Where’s the problem? And you can even increase your pleasure by telling us here on Pinside you think the risk is too high.

#33 2 years ago

is the next JJP pin a Pat Lawlor Pin?
I hope so...

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

is the next JJP pin a Pat Lawlor Pin?
I hope so...

Yes that’s 100% sure

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

I don't disagree with any of your points AstonEnthusiast but that's not what EagleEd7 asked.

#36 2 years ago

I heard there will be washers under the posts and no warranty on the playfield.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Is it toy story... who knows .is it Disney related Ehm I think so but think of another movie series that comes out in that same year

I don't like what you're implying.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I don't like what you're implying.

I get your point... I don’t like it also but let me share this, maybe it’s NOT toy story and it’s the new avatar movie series that has a longer run. Machine won’t be shown until October 2022 until then it’s still guessing. Prototype playfields are already being built. When I can get more info I will share. I hope they do toy story. But avatar is my main guess. They did pirates just like stern and maybe they do another avatar just like stern,

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I get your point... I don’t like it also but let me share this, maybe it’s NOT toy story and it’s the new avatar movie series that has a longer run. Machine won’t be shown until October 2022 until then it’s still guessing. Prototype playfields are already being built. When I can get more info I will share. I hope they do toy story. But avatar is my main guess. They did pirates just like stern and maybe they do another avatar just like stern,

I've heard the rumours of Avatar being after Toy Story, done by Eric.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Yep, me too. Guessing that a Steve Ritchie would follow those. Note that Wolfgang Van Halen is touring with Slash/GNR. Would Slash want to help JJP with more Music pins and related assets? Maybe those two will talk.

Just thinking after a couple of Long Island Ice Teas this evening.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Thank you for your reply and info. I hate the idea of buying a game before getting to see it and play it at least a few times first. But if its a really good new game and everyone wants it, you take a risk of not being able to order a new one from the factory.

#42 2 years ago

In Sept 2017 at the factory in Lakewood I was told by Jack that TS was done and ready to go after Pirates. Dialed In was in production. Perhaps they made changes and Wonka is using the layout they intended for Toy Story. No way to know for sure.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

. . . Wonka is using the layout they intended for Toy Story . .

This is what Kaneda has eluded to.

3 weeks later
#44 2 years ago

Toy Story has been confirmed. I even spoke with a JJP tech and he said it's already been leaked and they are finishing up the Whitewood stage as of now. This was a month and a half ago.

2 weeks later
#45 2 years ago

Great family pinball for sure, I hope JJP does a great job with it like GNR and WOZ

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrtattooz:

Toy Story has been confirmed. I even spoke with a JJP tech and he said it's already been leaked and they are finishing up the Whitewood stage as of now. This was a month and a half ago.

If that's the case, how long until the game might be ready to reveal?

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

If that's the case, how long until the game might be ready to reveal?

Now that it’s confirmed they have a 2nd line going. I’m guessing Spring 2022.

#48 2 years ago

Take this for what it's worth, I was told from _____________ that "Toy Story" is 100% the next new JJP game. I have zero reason to doubt that source. Believe me don't believe me but I trust the source.

Ughhh wish it was Goonies, not saying I don't think Toy Story could be awesome man oh man how I would personally much rather a Goonies! Since Deeproot is outta the mix for this I can see another pin company going for the Goonies License.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Hope not. Total waste of a pinball machine and Hogbog 's talents.

#50 2 years ago

GnR has been out for a minute now. And no Toy Story/Matrix/Avatar in site. Welp, deposit down on TBL.

I wonder if JJP will make me second guess this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.