(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 121.
#5951 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

The Hobbit I purchased off-route had 24,000 plays. It was the top earner for nearly 3 years in the large arcade I bought it from. It cleaned up beautifully, and looks nearly new after all that time. Hence, my experience is that it was very well built and held up quite well. As for "snooze-fest", that's a personal opinion. I find it a wonderful title and consider it one of the most underrated pins I've ever bought. Closest thing to an RPG in pinball, even better than AIQ in that regard.[quoted image][quoted image]

Agree! Hobbit is an incredible pin, one of JJP's best and we likely will never see anything like it again. The code is so insanely deep and offers one of the best objective based rulesets in pinball. The use of licensed assets and amount of them is astounding. Hobbit will never leave my collection. Just glad to finally see the game getting its due over these past few years.

#5952 1 year ago

Not to derail things, but I would totally buy a nerds pin. Loved watching that movie when I was a kid.

#5953 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

The Hobbit I purchased off-route had 24,000 plays. It was the top earner for nearly 3 years in the large arcade I bought it from. It cleaned up beautifully, and looks nearly new after all that time. Hence, my experience is that it was very well built and held up quite well. As for "snooze-fest", that's a personal opinion. I find it a wonderful title and consider it one of the most underrated pins I've ever bought. Closest thing to an RPG in pinball, even better than AIQ in that regard.[quoted image][quoted image]

Impressive

#5954 1 year ago

So starting to see CE buyers taking a loss on their deposits. How low will we go?

Have a Halloween coming so I feel the pain, but I loved that game over TS4 so I do have that going for me

At what point does panic set in when the margin call is made for payment in full?

Can people dispute a down payment on a TS game if a TS4 is what is sold? How can one get out of a deposit? I am not looking to get out of mine on my loser, just curious?

#5955 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Code and assetmanagement is by far....by far the best ever.
Into the fire is the best wizard mode in pinball.
Beautiful and gteat sound/callout etc.

Shotvariation is lacking.

#5956 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Makes sense...Pro's are a win/win for many ops. Also interesting relative to the JJP discussion...my buddy manages an awesome Pinball Museum (https://silverballmuseum.com/delray-beach/) and has remarked how the JJP games have much more down time than the Stern games (and he is an incredible pinball tech and restorer).

Exactly.

Silverball is a great place!

#5957 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So starting to see CE buyers taking a loss on their deposits. How low will we go?
Have a Halloween coming so I feel the pain, but I loved that game over TS4 so I do have that going for me
At what point does panic set in when the margin call is made for payment in full?
Can people dispute a down payment on a TS game if a TS4 is what is sold? How can one get out of a deposit? I am not looking to get out of mine on my loser, just curious?

If panic is setting in before even receiving it just based on flipper losses, then the game in all honesty wasn't probably purchased with the correct long term intentions. No one want's to take a bath on a pin, but if the theme and what you saw that inspired you to put down a non-refundabe deposit was adequate at the time, don't let a decreasing profit margin on a flip, change your mind. Be happy with the purchase. If money was put down in advance of the title, ie TS vs TS4 then that's on the speculator at that point and I'd say they have no argument. I look at this as good news for the hobby. The FOMO train is slowing down and as more flippers get burned and inventory stacks up, the games will have to prove themselves going forward before requesting such a high dollar blind trust and investment. Buy the pin you want, play the pin first (unless it is an end all grail theme for you - exeption to the rule), don't worry about the perceived value and enjoy your game as if the price were always going to fall and it is assumed to be a depreciable commodity. If it makes a profit if you decide to change your collection in the future, then that's a bonus, not a rule. Just my $.02

#5958 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The whole "Stern Pro's are more reliable then JJP's" type comments always get me. Yes, a LZ Pro is more reliable then a JJP as there's barely anything in it that moves, same thing for a majority of Stern Pro's lol. The game has changed though with Toy Story 4, now it has far less things that move in it as well!

It’s not just complexity- it’s engineering and choices.

Those spinners in GNR? Nightmares
The spinning disc that always collapses? Forever

Serviceability is something one designs for… if you think it comes for free try keeping TBL running… and see what happens when non-experienced types design the game

#5959 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I think we are a little early for the "panic" talk, I see two CE's being posted for a loss (one for a grand, one for $200). Unless there are more I am not seeing (totally possible, i just did a quick search in the marketplace)

#5960 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Makes sense...Pro's are a win/win for many ops. Also interesting relative to the JJP discussion...my buddy manages an awesome Pinball Museum (https://silverballmuseum.com/delray-beach/) and has remarked how the JJP games have much more down time than the Stern games (and he is an incredible pinball tech and restorer).

This is inconsistent with the silverball museum in NJ, which is the same owner as the one in delray. Silverball in asbury has no stern games. They used to have some, but got rid of them because of reliability issues. They have always had jjp games there.

#5961 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This is inconsistent with the silverball museum in NJ, which is the same owner as the one in delray. Silverball in asbury has no stern games. They used to have some, but got rid of them because of reliability issues. They have always had jjp games there.

I don't know the owner, but it's obvious they have different day-to-day management. The JJP heavy lineup @ the Jersey Pinball Museum could be related to Jack and JJP being local for many years (and influencing the Jersey management?). Don't know. Since Stern games are so popular, I don't know how you can have a Pinball "Museum" without Stern representation!

#5962 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I’m gonna leave this here…. a reminder even this custom device can handle virtual pinball with zero lag. Sure it’s not the same emulation as the Tiki party, but dammit… it could have been executed better.

12.5k by Christmas!

#5963 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Not to derail things, but I would totally buy a nerds pin. Loved watching that movie when I was a kid.

We have bush!

#5964 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

If panic is setting in before even receiving it just based on flipper losses, then the game in all honesty wasn't probably purchased with the correct long term intentions. No one want's to take a bath on a pin, but if the theme and what you saw that inspired you to put down a non-refundabe deposit was adequate at the time, don't let a decreasing profit margin on a flip, change your mind. Be happy with the purchase. If money was put down in advance of the title, ie TS vs TS4 then that's on the speculator at that point and I'd say they have no argument. I look at this as good news for the hobby. The FOMO train is slowing down and as more flippers get burned and inventory stacks up, the games will have to prove themselves going forward before requesting such a high dollar blind trust and investment. Buy the pin you want, play the pin first (unless it is an end all grail theme for you - exeption to the rule), don't worry about the perceived value and enjoy your game as if the price were always going to fall and it is assumed to be a depreciable commodity. If it makes a profit if you decide to change your collection in the future, then that's a bonus, not a rule. Just my $.02

That is until BTTF comes out.

#5965 1 year ago

Tri-Lambs FTW

#5966 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

That is until BTTF comes out.

That is my grail pin and yep, that would be my Achilles heal, as I'm sure a lot of people for rationale reasoning to go down in flames

#5967 1 year ago

I think we are a little early for the "panic" talk, I see two CE's being posted for a loss (one for a grand, one for $200). Unless there are more I am not seeing (totally possible, i just did a quick search in the marketplace)

$750 off a near new LE on the market today

#5968 1 year ago

Three CE listings for a $1k loss.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139125

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139957

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139064

#5969 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I don't know the owner, but it's obvious they have different day-to-day management. The JJP heavy lineup @ the Jersey Pinball Museum could be related to Jack and JJP being local for many years (and influencing the Jersey management?). Don't know. Since Stern games are so popular, I don't know how you can have a Pinball "Museum" without Stern representation!

They used to have Stern machines, but removed them blaming " they broke down to often" when I asked. I'm sure they have some connection as Jack's original location was just a short drive away...

#5970 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

They used to have Stern machines, but removed them blaming " they broke down to often" when I asked. I'm sure they have some connection as Jack's original location was just a short drive away...

Yeah, cuz that reason doesn't really pass mustard.

#5971 1 year ago

Still too much to ask for this pin, the bloom is off the rose already.

Look at the owners thread maybe 500 posts in 7 weeks, the TS4 mod thread has 33 posts in one month. Meanwhile the "are you in or out" thread has 2000 posts with almost 1000 votes as being out of the game.

#5972 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

$750 off a near new LE on the market today

Not really surprised on that one

Thnx for digging those up. Pinsider on that last one looks pretty suspect if you dig in to them a bit, regardless, still would not call this panic levels. Some people (And flippers) are gonna change their mind and the market will bare what it does. I bet more will come up as we get closer to CE's on the line.

#5975 1 year ago

Theres quite a few Toy Stories out there now.What’s the word on playfield issues if any?If the beautiful and flawless I want to hear about that too

#5976 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Theres quite a few Toy Stories out there now.What’s the word on playfield issues if any?If the beautiful and flawless I want to hear about that too

That is a good question, what's the word on the street? The GNR was so brutal but mirco said he "fixed it." Haven't heard a lot of complaints so hopefully they are back to decent quality.

#5977 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That is a good question, what's the word on the street? The GNR was so brutal but mirco said he "fixed it." Haven't heard a lot of complaints so hopefully they are back to decent quality.

The word on the Franchi podcast directly from Jack is they reverted back to the way they were doing them before. Meaning the way they did The Hobbit playfields.I’m guessing by the lack of flaming here on Pinside there is no issue with TS playfield.It’s possible we might find something else wrong though?

#5978 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The word on the Franchi podcast directly from Jack is they reverted back to the way they were doing them before. Meaning the way they did The Hobbit playfields.I’m guessing by the lack of flaming here on Pinside there is no issue with TS playfield.It’s possible we might find something else wrong though?

[citation needed] - I didn't hear that.

#5979 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s possible we might find something else wrong though?

Seems everyone has enough already

#5980 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seems everyone has enough already

I should’ve inserted the sarcasm emoji lol

#5981 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yep. Both. Beautiful and flawless.

#5982 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[citation needed] - I didn't hear that.

I might be senile but that’s what I heard him say on the super awesome podcast

#5983 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I might be senile but that’s what I heard him say on the super awesome podcast

Could be a shortage of sarcasm emojis here

#5984 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My GNRCE and WONKACE pf’s are beautiful and flawless.

#5985 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My GNRCE ...are beautiful and flawless.

You got lucky there Ice. Of course we had a SE so they probably let the garbage trickle down but it blew me away how shitty it was. And I'm putting that up against some horrid Stern PFs with chipping all over the place. GNR looked like a hastily done overlay.

#5986 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My GNRCE and WONKACE pf’s are beautiful and flawless.

Did your Wonka CE come with the washer under various posts like the one shown here??

I just bought NIB Wonka LE with build date 12/21.

Just curious.

AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpegAC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5987 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Did your Wonka CE come with the washer under various posts like the one shown here??
I just bought NIB Wonka LE with build date 12/21.
Just curious.
[quoted image]

JJP didn't start putting washers under key playfield posts until after the issues came up with GNR playfields pooling.

They're only on the later Wonka runs.

4 weeks later
#5988 1 year ago

So I think the market has spoken and Toy Story 4 CE is a 13K game

That is the price at which people are getting sales.

If they were initially sold at 13K, it would have been a 15K game.

What a world we live in.

#5989 1 year ago

what you guys think of the stream with Eric playng the game....just doesnt look like a lot to shoot at. Awesome light show thou.

#5990 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

what you guys think of the stream

I was hoping to win the sheriff badge but missed the question so I couldn't respond.

Good to see old friends.

LTG : )

#5991 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

what you guys think of the stream with Eric playng the game....just doesnt look like a lot to shoot at. Awesome light show thou.

How do you mean?

I don't think anyone got to the wizard mode once during the stream. If you're talking about physical shots, it's got a fairly standard number of shots.

1 week later
#5992 1 year ago
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5993 1 year ago

The threads on this game is to a complete stand still and there seem to be alot of sellers.
'
Is this game a disaster?

#5994 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The threads on this game is to a complete stand still and there seem to be alot of sellers.
'
Is this game a disaster?

Folks have moved on looks like. Shinier toys better priced. JJP got locked into one movie and tried to out scalp the scalpers and everyone lost.

#5995 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The threads on this game is to a complete stand still

Most of the activity there is happens in the owner's thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club

#5996 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

'
Is this game a disaster?

No, but TS4 didn't meet everyone's Disney-imagineering-mechanical-hopes-and-dreams but it's a very high quality game and super fun.

But pinball prices ballooned too fast and there are many more sellers than buyers. I've never seen so many overpriced, non-selling games on pinside before.
There are 27 sale ads for Godzilla alone right now.

#5997 1 year ago

That thread is close to dead to.

#5998 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

No, but TS4 didn't meet everyone's Disney-imagineering-mechanical-hopes-and-dreams but it's a very high quality game and super fun.
But pinball prices ballooned too fast and there are many more sellers than buyers. I've never seen so many overpriced, non-selling games on pinside before.
There are 27 sale ads for Godzilla alone right now.

I think pinball buyers can bare with high prices, but it has to come with the feeling that the game and what´s in there must motivate it.

#5999 1 year ago

That there is a B+ game, I reckon.

#6000 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That there is a B+ game, I reckon.

Was he able to sell it?

Wondering how the secondary market is flowing for these. Personally, I want this game to drop by at least 20% MSRP before I consider buying one. If it does not happen, all good. Plenty of other games to pick up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.