image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (72 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (72 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjmpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2569 2 years ago

So I very cautiously join this conversation as "the new customer" without any background knowledge or bias regarding Haggis. I have the opportunity to purchase a mermaid slot (middle of the 250 pack I am advised)

I also emailed Damian, when I first even learned about Haggis a month ago & he responded quickly and answered my questions. My question for the group here is - realistically how many can these guys honestly produce per month? My only reference was when I heard from Cointaker recently that Dutch was now shipping 20-25 TBLs/month which led to estimating when I may get that one that I also have a deposit on.

So if Haggis is in that range at full production, lets say in March, seems like no realistic probability I would see a machine in Jun/Jul which is what I was advised if I purchase. It would take close to two years to fulfill the 250 mermaids?? Am I way off base with this question? can they do 50+ a month?

thanks for the comments/opinions on this, I need to decide if I will purchase - part of me is optimistically excited, the other part thinks, there's $1000 that I will eventually lose

#2571 2 years ago

I did ask Damain that exact question, but have not heard back yet. So thought I would inquire here if there is existing knowledge before I make my D/P decision

35- 50 / month would easily support a decent timeline. But if its 10-20 /mo then its clearly longer than we may be thinking

thanks!

#2579 2 years ago

Sorry, I bought it. I get the risk, but the game is so gorgeous. and I need a vintage pin to sit beside my Black Knight

If I waited I'd just get a classic, but even Damian stated those would likely be Q4, realistically next year. So Im excited about the Mermaid & the 2.0 code!

Here's wishing them great success in manufacturing and I am hoping to see this beauty by summer

#2682 2 years ago

I'm also one of the real slot holders, and I remain optimistic that I will receive a mermaid this summer.

My anxiety comes less from concerns over Haggis & Damian's communication approach and more from the challenges in the supply chain. I am managing a development project with an external partner in the med device space and I see the real effects of electronic component delays. I appreciate that 250 machine is not high volume, but we are seeing 60wk + best case lead times to get electronic components for a design build qty of controllers!

So I do wonder how Haggis' CMs doing the boards, etc are able to commit to any realistic timelines ???

#2768 2 years ago

So, Im a relatively unbiased newbie. But when I learned about this pin and decided I wanted one, I reached out to Damian and he was very responsive, even pointed me to where I might be able to fin mermaid slots. Then when I decided to get one, I reached out again and re replied the next day, sharing without any commitment of course, what their plans are for building & projecting Mermaids, he advised my "middle of the pack" slot would hopefully be July

so as far as responsiveness & communication, I didn't see any issue. Now clearly there are risks to his plans and I was able o tolerate that

#2770 2 years ago

sorry, I meant to add that then forgot

first communication was 2 weeks ago, second one was also week

so recent

#2789 2 years ago

All, I have an opportunity to purchase a restored original Fathom. Although I have not been overly concerned about the timing of getting my mermaid from Haggis. After a long self debate, I decided I want to have the original.

So - if anyone would like to have my mermaid slot through a US distributor, please message me and we can arrange a deposit transfer, i.e. you make a deposit and mine will be refunded. Already cleared with my dealer. I have been advised my slot is "mid run"

thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjmpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=mjmpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.