image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 157.
#2751 2 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if all this carry on will cause Haggis to stop posting on here like Homepin did

#2752 2 years ago
361426-Take-A-Deep-Breath (resized).jpg361426-Take-A-Deep-Breath (resized).jpg
#2753 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

One word comes to mind as I read this thread.
Deja-vu.

Ummmm... it's two words!

#2754 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Kinda makes me think of this guy... @32 seconds. We will have 1 of every pinball machine EVER made! LOL It's so easy to say something... following up is the hard part. Spoiler: the museum never opened.

Evidently, public pinball in Atlanta can't happen without a Kickstarter type campaign. If I really needed $20k to open up a new location, I'd sell a couple of pinball games before I'd publicly beg for money on a gofundme. SMH I think this post just took a left turn. Sorry. Venting.

The Atlanta museum story is a great one, but the project never got off the ground. The main guy had no pinball common sense. He needed tons of money just to open and required grandiose public acceptance from day 0. Think he received less than a few thousand.

The Portal project is the second one mentioned. Brian has been operating for about 5 years and he is executing a plan to make a nice new space to transfer his games into. He has grown the business in the right way. I threw him a $100 donation and it made me pick out a hoodie and T-shirt. Win - Win. Support Portal if you are so inclined. It is a great place to spend the day and play all the Non-Sterns along with Sterns. Lots of JJP pins, Bally/Williams pins, shooters, arcades and virtual bowling. All are kept working or are quickly repaired. Wish he was located 30 miles closer to Atlanta but his public arcade is a real asset.

#2755 2 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I wouldn't be surprised if all this carry on will cause Haggis to stop posting on here like Homepin did

Spit my coffee out with this one. Thanks.

#2756 2 years ago

March break here in Canada, & in another week were into Spring 2022. Silence is not golden on the Haggis game front.

#2757 2 years ago

The silver lining in the Haggis story is that people have only been asked to risk a $1k deposit. Not much hardship to sustain in the worst case. A few have multiple deposits but still only a few grand in play. I can see a few outcomes.

1) games start shipping in a month and all 250 games are built without drama. Damian comes out of hiding and takes his lumps. Then 4 more games are made.

2) games start shipping in a month and then they stop and start in uneven fashion dragging on for years. No additional games get made.

3) Damian recognizes he is losing money every day and decides to pull the plug. Full refunds are made to everyone.

4) greatwichjohn knows some people and he’s not supposed to say anything but …. games will be built by someone not already in the pinball scene (oh the drama).

5) worst case is the doors shut and everybody lost out. This doesn’t seem likely at all, but it is a possibility.

***** This one is INTERESTING ****

6) Damian comes back with an explanation of the project status and explains how his costs have gone up. He announces a $1k price increase, and games which were $9k are now $10k. The $1k deposit is good and it applies to the total, but balance will be $9k. As this is a change in plans, you will have an opportunity to get your deposits back from positive cash flow, expected next month (game production). Once games are flowing not many will want their money back, they will want their game.

Fathom Mermaid is a SEXY pin. Competing with BBBr, MBLE and EHOH for the title of sexiest pin alive. vavavoommm.

#2758 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm holding out hope they'll show up at TPF with a fathom.

If I had a Fathom on order, this would be the last thing I wanted. I don't se what could be gained by bringing this game to TPF.

I'd rather see a picture of production or games in boxes or something of the sort. I don't want to see a company that's already behind schedule spending even more money to bring a game that everyone knows about to TPF. And if they did go to TPF and Fathom kept breaking down or didn't play right or something, imagine the chaos. They may also have to answer questions/complaints from customers about their orders. Nothing to gain, everything to lose. I hope they don't do it.

I could love to play one though. That and Celts. Someday I'll play a Haggis pin and I'll love it, I just know it.

#2759 2 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Homepin dug his own grave with his insulting and hateful comments. Someone must of wised him up that he was alienating his customers.

I don't like the silence from Haggis right now but I believe it's strategic in a entirely different way. I'm not going to go into detail of why, so that Pinside can parse my every word, but if I were Damian, I'm pretty sure I'd be doing the exact same thing.
Actions speak louder than words and you pick and choose your battles. Hopefully we will see some positive action soon.

#2760 2 years ago

I will repeat my offer from earlier. I have a bse Ultraman on order and would trade the pre-order for a fathom mermaid pre-order if anyone is nervous.

I ended up getting a collectors edition Ultraman and I was informed that I don't need 2.

#2761 2 years ago

So for someone like myself, who does not pay much attention to the conversation on the internet, I clicked on here to have a peak at what production may look like. I guess there were some promises at some point on time line for the production of the Fathom Remake?

I can say this, on email Haggis has communicated with us on all things Haggis. Replacement parts have been sent on a few occasions and promptly. I know in the pinball world there are a lot of manufacturers that are essentially actors. Most of them never actually produce anything that I could see and ultimately they walk away with our communities hard earned dollars. It also does leave a bad taste in our mouths for the next purchase.

I can not say I know anything outside of what I am reading, I can not shed any light on delivery of games or financial situations. Hopefully everyone will get some good news about the delivery of these games soon.

#2762 2 years ago

I get that haggis has not posted any updates in a while but what kind of update does a depositor get if they email haggis ?

#2763 2 years ago

One way to find out.

#2764 2 years ago

Homepin did it to himself as he almost enjoyed pissing people off

Heighway Pinball were full of lies, promises and 2 weeks

Haggis I think just don't want to make a statement that they can't make, which in turn causes more frustrations to people as I sure they are aware, and Damian being the guy that he is feels bad for not delivering on the date he promised so is bum up head down. I reached out a few weeks ago and given my situation can not afford to buy a game but got time on my hands so offered to help - to prepare a manual, design a topper anything to help his cause and the basic answer was thankyou very much but they are "head down for sure and pushing ahead" and they will let me know if I can help in the future.

In the end unless they come on here and say we have finished 100 games nothing else will be good enough anyway - so unlike Homepin, Heighway, Dutch Pinball, Deeproot, Jpop etc I am sure he is going for "Action speaks louder than words". I would not be surprised that all of a sudden there will be a batch of games in the US ready to go out to people soon - but that is me guessing.

#2765 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I get that haggis has not posted any updates in a while but what kind of update does a depositor get if they email haggis ?

just email him and ask, if you have paid a deposit you are entitled for an update I would think

#2766 2 years ago

Can anybody in here explain to me why the heck you give a crud when the game coming?
Seems you all have games already.

The game is going to be built and delivered.
I just don't understand the impatient.

I have a great idea people play your other machines until this one shows up.

#2767 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I have a great idea people play your other machines until this one shows up.

What fun is that???

#2768 2 years ago

So, Im a relatively unbiased newbie. But when I learned about this pin and decided I wanted one, I reached out to Damian and he was very responsive, even pointed me to where I might be able to fin mermaid slots. Then when I decided to get one, I reached out again and re replied the next day, sharing without any commitment of course, what their plans are for building & projecting Mermaids, he advised my "middle of the pack" slot would hopefully be July

so as far as responsiveness & communication, I didn't see any issue. Now clearly there are risks to his plans and I was able o tolerate that

#2769 2 years ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

So, Im a relatively unbiased newbie. But when I learned about this pin and decided I wanted one, I reached out to Damian and he was very responsive, even pointed me to where I might be able to fin mermaid slots. Then when I decided to get one, I reached out again and re replied the next day, sharing without any commitment of course, what their plans are for building & projecting Mermaids, he advised my "middle of the pack" slot would hopefully be July
so as far as responsiveness & communication, I didn't see any issue. Now clearly there are risks to his plans and I was able o tolerate that

Cheers mate, how long ago did he say this?

#2770 2 years ago

sorry, I meant to add that then forgot

first communication was 2 weeks ago, second one was also week

so recent

#2771 2 years ago

I’m out!

Down the beach and having a coffee.

#2772 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The Atlanta museum story is a great one, but the project never got off the ground. The main guy had no pinball common sense. He needed tons of money just to open and required grandiose public acceptance from day 0. Think he received less than a few thousand.

The Portal project is the second one mentioned. Brian has been operating for about 5 years and he is executing a plan to make a nice new space to transfer his games into. He has grown the business in the right way. I threw him a $100 donation and it made me pick out a hoodie and T-shirt. Win - Win. Support Portal if you are so inclined. It is a great place to spend the day and play all the Non-Sterns along with Sterns. Lots of JJP pins, Bally/Williams pins, shooters, arcades and virtual bowling. All are kept working or are quickly repaired. Wish he was located 30 miles closer to Atlanta but his public arcade is a real asset.

I'd classify both as beggars.

#2773 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

He let you back out of a season ticket "contract" and allowed you to apply the entire amount to fathom. It absolutely is kind of a refund. If all other series ticket holders (who probably aren't broke but are surely scared shitless about the 4 future games being made after watching the fathom debacle) asked for the same deal what would he do?

Quoted from flynnibus:

No - it is slso the release from a huge obligation without penalty.
Given no one has seen much benefit from their signup yet… it’s not really much at this point… but does muddy the water for future discussions. Everyone has got a reason haggis will have to suffer through

Wow d0n, I'm sorry to say it, buy you and flynn are being whiny little b*tches.

Oldskool getting to transfer his season ticket over to a single game purchase has f*ckall to do with you guys. The only reason you should care, is if you also have a season ticket and were denied your request to convert it. Otherwise, you're just complaining and stirring up trouble for the sake of it. Reminds me of the kid who tattles to the teacher about something another kid did that has absolutely nothing to do with them. Man up and get a life.

#2774 2 years ago

To all those who exclaim, "Calm down, it's getting built and be delivered!" , That's great, I'm glad you're full of hope and I admire (sincerely) your positive attitude. BUT-the pinball community has had a storied history of scammers, no shows, vaporware, etc. Anyone here knows that. Haggis *seems* to be taking that same route, mainly by their lack of communication and updates. This brings back bad memories for those in the know. To NOT be suspicious is foolish. To be frank, I can't quite blame Haggis for not posting here (Pinside) as this place is somewhat toxic, regardless of your position on this.

#2775 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Wow d0n, I'm sorry to say it, buy you and flynn are being whiny little b*tches.
Oldskool getting to transfer his season ticket over to a single game purchase has f*ckall to do with you guys. The only reason you should care, is if you also have a season ticket and were denied your request to convert it. Otherwise, you're just complaining and stirring up trouble for the sake of it. Reminds me of the kid who tattles to the teacher about something another kid did that has absolutely nothing to do with them. Man up and get a life.

But the Homeland security say " See something, says something". Ugh, what to do! Not saying anything is fishy, but we are talking fishy pins.

CsriOSYVIAA_SqG (resized).jpgCsriOSYVIAA_SqG (resized).jpg

#2776 2 years ago

I knew the history of pinball when i put down my deposit.

Nothing has changed since then. Would happily make the same decision again.

#2777 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I knew the history of pinball when i put down my deposit.
Nothing has changed since then. Would happily make the same decision again.

Then you're being foolish, in my opinion. VERY foolish.

#2778 2 years ago

My Celts is supposed to finally arrive in 48-hrs DHL
I also have a Fathom Mermaid deposit paid. During my Celts process since October 2021, Damion has answered every email, notified he couldn’t deliver his top teir playfield and refunded the $500, something i probably couldn’t tell being the first game built, all emails were quickly answered within 2-days .I do have concerns because my Celts has several custom additions that were included with the Highland Edition(Custom Backglass/Paint color/Etc. But when I would ask for photos of my game being built he would ignore those request. In my line of work when I send out a substantial invoice I always back it up with photos!! Picture is worth 1,000 words!!! I know this thread is about Fathom, but at this point so late in the game it’s about-“Can Haggis actually make/delivery a pinball machine???? Iam confident Celts will be EPIC!!! and Fathom will eventually get here also!!!

#2779 2 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Homepin was on borrowed time on pinside from the beginning when he originally chose to align himself with a small section of unrepresentative swill within the Australian pinball scene.

Blatantly false reviews posted on pinside at the time about TBAG ("one step away from perfection!") and hyperbolic propaganda praising the Homepin brand from the AussieArcade lapdogs were only going to maintain the facade until the first machine landed in the Northern Hemisphere and the real feedback started being posted.

#2780 2 years ago

*yawn*

Obviously none of these impatient people had orders for WoZ or Hobbit. About 3 years each if I remember correctly - and worth the wait!

Fathoms are coming - my guess is about 2 more months before they start rolling out in force.

#2781 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

I'd classify both as beggars.

Well at least we got your definition.

Thanks for clearing that up

#2782 2 years ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

he advised my "middle of the pack" slot would hopefully be July

Quoted from MJK-911:

My Celts is supposed to finally arrive in 48-hrs DHL
I also have a Fathom Mermaid deposit paid. During my Celts process since October 2021, Damion has answered every email, notified he couldn’t deliver his top teir playfield and refunded the $500, something i probably couldn’t tell being the first game built, all emails were quickly answered within 2-days .I do have concerns because my Celts has several custom additions that were included with the Highland Edition(Custom Backglass/Paint color/Etc. But when I would ask for photos of my game being built he would ignore those request. In my line of work when I send out a substantial invoice I always back it up with photos!! Picture is worth 1,000 words!!! I know this thread is about Fathom, but at this point so late in the game it’s about-“Can Haggis actually make/delivery a pinball machine???? Iam confident Celts will be EPIC!!! and Fathom will eventually get here also!!!

I thought they were supposedly done making Celts? how are they making fathom if they're still making celts?

#2783 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I thought they were supposedly done making Celts? how are they making fathom if they're still making celts?

Were they “done” or “caught up on orders”? My guess is that a new Celts order would get made immediately while they are still waiting on parts or ironing out processes for
Fathom.

#2784 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Were they “done” or “caught up on orders”? My guess is that a new Celts order would get made immediately while they are still waiting on parts or ironing out processes for
Fathom.

I'm pretty sure the last update video December he said they were done making celts. I'm pretty certain that in the mid January update email he said they were done also.

#2785 2 years ago

They are not done making Celts. They were done making all the Celts that were slotted to be done before starting Mermaids. And it was after that the order page for Celts changed a bit to call new Celts with the toys / etc the Highland Edition.. In any case pretty good indication that Haggis is doing just fine given all the worldly conditions, being able to build and iron out last minute details with Fathom and still produce Celts..

#2786 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

They are not done making Celts. They were done making all the Celts that were slotted to be done before starting Mermaids. And it was after that the order page for Celts changed a bit to call new Celts with the toys / etc the Highland Edition.. In any case pretty good indication that Haggis is doing just fine given all the worldly conditions, being able to build and iron out last minute details with Fathom and still produce Celts..

If DHL is delivering a celts to someone in florida USA in 2 days and damian has said DHL takes 7-10 days to get to the USA from his shop... it seems they were making celts as recent as the first weeks of march.

#2787 2 years ago

true

#2788 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

If DHL is delivering a celts to someone in florida USA in 2 days and damian has said DHL takes 7-10 days to get to the USA from his shop... it seems they were making celts as recent as the first weeks of march.

I know I could have ordered one last month with a 2ish week delivery. Almost did, but shipping killed it for me.

#2789 2 years ago

All, I have an opportunity to purchase a restored original Fathom. Although I have not been overly concerned about the timing of getting my mermaid from Haggis. After a long self debate, I decided I want to have the original.

So - if anyone would like to have my mermaid slot through a US distributor, please message me and we can arrange a deposit transfer, i.e. you make a deposit and mine will be refunded. Already cleared with my dealer. I have been advised my slot is "mid run"

thanks!

#2790 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

And I imagine they may be even making more now too ...

#2791 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Oldskool getting to transfer his season ticket over to a single game purchase has f*ckall to do with you guys.

The irony of you trying to come in here like an ass and throw mud over people not involved.. when you are doing the exact same thing?

The posts were simply explaining it's significance and why it's not the same as a simple 'shifting of funds'. But you be you Mr White Knight!

#2792 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Ok I'll bite...

Can you guys take this elsewhere? No one here GAF about your local spat.

#2793 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Can you guys take this elsewhere? No one here GAF about your local spat.

#2794 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just email him and ask, if you have paid a deposit you are entitled for an update I would think

missed the boat for getting one but its silly that a depositor who has had e mail correspondence with haggis about current status of fathom would not share that info here. seems like it would clear up a lot of the conjectures, theories and assumptions floating around this thread .

#2795 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

missed the boat for getting one but its silly that a depositor who has had e mail correspondence with haggis about current status of fathom would not share that info here. seems like it would clear up a lot of the conjectures, theories and assumptions floating around this thread .

Read post 2789. You can still get in on a mermaid preorder.

#2796 2 years ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

All I hear when I'm reading this is "I wasn't around to see the exact same thing happen with like 5+ other pinball manufacturers who ended up not really delivering anything so I guess this is fine". Will this be a total loss like Skit-b, deeproot, zidware, ect? A partial loss like Heighway or Dutch who still I guess technically still slowly churn out games that people ordered several years ago and are skating by by the skin of their teeth, or will it be like Spooky, pretty much the only manufacturer that was able to pull this feat off so far? Time will tell, but I know this much: All these excuses, all the goodwill and wishful thinking even the "great direct communication!", it was all there for all these other companies too, and it didn't turn out good. Nobody should be shamed for being skeptical about this.

#2797 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

All I hear when I'm reading this is "I wasn't around to see the exact same thing happen with like 5+ other pinball manufacturers who ended up not really delivering anything so I guess this is fine". Will this be a total loss like Skit-b, deeproot, zidware, ect? A partial loss like Heighway or Dutch who still I guess technically still slowly churn out games that people ordered several years ago and are skating by by the skin of their teeth, or will it be like Spooky, pretty much the only manufacturer that was able to pull this feat off so far? Time will tell, but I know this much: All these excuses, all the goodwill and wishful thinking even the "great direct communication!", it was all there for all these other companies too, and it didn't turn out good. Nobody should be shamed for being skeptical about this.

The problem with your comparison is that Skit-b, Deeproot and Zidware delivered NOTHING.

Haggis has delivered a pin at this point, so comparisons to Heighway (post Full Throttle), American (post Houdini), JJP (post WoZ), Dutch (post TBL), Spooky (post AMH), CGC (post MM) would be more accurate.

And you know what all the companies above have in common? Yep - you are right, they are still around today making pinballs (albeit Heighway is now PinballBros).

I have been around since 97 so I’ve seen all of the above happen in real time and I’m confident that Haggis will deliver Fathom.

#2798 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

+PinballBrothers or do you put them in about the same development level as Haggis now ?

I would think Haggis is past the point where some of these others have failed..
They have delivered a few dozen Celts, and continue to make some even in parallel with Fathom.

Will they make it long term.. Well I hope so. Time will tell..

Also at what point really will folks that are skeptical not be, after the first batch of Fathom unboxing pics ?

The folks that have been full invoiced are the the season ticket folks and Haggis cost of producing must still be inline, as shipping is covered in this, including a discount on air if optioned for.. So once they complete the initial games, non-seasons will be invoiced, and then it is all logistics to keep the supply of parts in stock..

#2799 2 years ago

People are most nervous about why an active pinball manufacturer who has 6-12 months backlog has gone dark. It stands out as an odd response.

One misconception is that people won’t be happy until they see pics of games going in boxes, ready to leave factory. Actually there is a stronger desire to just see something. anything of value. Pics of boxes of parts would be nice. Pics of an assembly line. Pics of people working in factory. Pics of an office full of purchase orders and invoices. Maybe a few kangaroos. Entertain us but show us you know what you are doing and that you are making progress. That would relieve a lot of pressure.

That’s all people want is an update of where you are today. What challenges do you have? What successes have you had? We are behind you Haggis, just open up a little. Things are going to be all right.

#2800 2 years ago

Celts has arrived in Parkland FL, so Haggis is doing something positive!!!!

9FB3FDD9-2B7E-4625-AA8E-3F7686887A83 (resized).jpeg9FB3FDD9-2B7E-4625-AA8E-3F7686887A83 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.