IMG_9893 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9891 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9890 (resized).jpeg
48177127-6B2E-4462-ADED-BC0B7D9C4AB0 (resized).jpeg
448313936_10168369161755618_817802753724515114_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15263 80 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

“No one wants to work anymore” lowest unemployment in decades. Lol

Employment doesn’t necessarily mean “wanting to work”. It is much harder today to find people that are truly invested in their job and want to excel. I find way too many people will try to do the bare minimum.

How many people work for your company? “About half of them”.

1 week later
#15456 68 days ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

In the beginning of spring gate it was thought that the weak springs don't pull the target down fast enough before resetting on the ledge.

This is exactly the problem. The ball hits the target squarely back so fast that it pops back on the shelf before the spring can pull it down enough. I have not heard one report that the spring was too tight preventing the target from dropping. If that were the case, the lighter blows to the target would not go down. In all reports lighter/off center hits cause the target to fall... it is the hard and direct hits that brick/reject.

#15459 68 days ago

In all cases on here, the tighter springs (or shortened springs) have eliminated or improved the drop targets ability to drop. Never has it made it worse, even for soft shots. If it had, someone would have reported it. You are chasing a valid theory that doesn’t exist in the real world.

1 week later
#15839 60 days ago
Quoted from rob3:

. I am finding myself using multiballs to build to the 7 bond women and then spending all my smart missiles in modes quickly in order to use the bond girls as an extra ball.

Why spend all the smart missles in order to use the Bond girls as an extra ball? You can use the Bond girls while you have missles queued since a flip toggles between missles and bond girls.

#15848 60 days ago
Quoted from rob3:

I’ve found that to use it as a last ditch ball save, if it’s not queued up pink it’s often too late.

Never had that problem. It is at worst a flipper press and then the lockdown button. Unless it is a rocket down the middle, plenty of time. Practice it so you can use your missles when you have 7x activated!

#15850 60 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I believe mine are all the way open.

My outlanes are all the way open too.

#15880 59 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Corrections:
1. Gomez has said a Goldfinger LE was a part of the plan. We'll just have to wait and see if they do it in 2025 for the 60th anniversary.

Yes, we will have to wait and see but in January, Stern made a clear statement that there would be no more LEs of a machine after initial run.

"Stern is done making second runs of Limited Edition games for machines. The specific statement that they made to distributors was "Drive Value: No more limited editions after launch. Current generation (LCD) LEs will only be issued once, buy with confidence." "

#15951 54 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Great deal even with the plays - my JP has 3200 plays, still no issues.

Agreed. 1900 plays really isn't that much for a well maintained machine. I got my Bond Pro with 900 or so plays and it looks and plays like it came out of the box.

#15992 51 days ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Best I've been able to do is 20/24 - 1 spectre weapon and 3 henchman left. Disclaimer - outlanes are closed in, 1 extra smart missile (5 total), and the tilt is pretty loose.[quoted image]

It is definitely possible, I haven't played tons since the update but was able to get close with only 1 Q Branch remaining and the mini-wizard that follows. Everything else is stock but my tilt is also loose. For me, nudging and shaking is part of the fun. I still tilt and I did on the last ball of that game where I almost got to the final wizard. Given that I had probably 5 or 6x bonus, I probably lost more than half a billion by tilting on that one. Oh well, next time.

#16017 50 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Nah. I don't want to change the rules to make it easier, was just a blank statement.
I never time modes out really, I always play them.

Why don’t you first go for the SPECTRE weapon that adds time to all modes. Get extra time and no bending of the rules.

Troublesome Tarantulas (Dr. No): The right ramp and side ramp are lit for a 10M hurry-up that counts down over 15 seconds. Shooting any lit shot ends the mode. Side ramp scores 2x the value. Once completed, all mode timers are extended by 17 seconds, and 007 Scoring is extended by 7 seconds.

3 weeks later
#16373 24 days ago

Just got through HMSS and ended up with a 10B score overall which is actually not my highest score. I tilted on a bonus that would have been 1B+ and finished the game with 2 or so balls left. I should have played those balls just to get the bonus multiplier up BEFORE starting HMSS on my very last ball. That would have been another 2B+. I guess I know for next time. Use all of your balls before HMSS. Lots of bonus left on the table if you don’t.
IMG_9099 (resized).jpegIMG_9099 (resized).jpeg

#16381 23 days ago
Quoted from JFresh389:

Nice game.
In my opinion, Mike V. doesn’t really need to do much score balancing. I played a conservative game just to make it to HMSS and only ended up with 5-6B, which also wasn’t my best of 8.8B (which was pre-HMSS). So a higher skill game is really reflected in the points, which I think is how it should be, since the game does have a definitive end.

I mostly agree. My only issue with all of this is that the end of ball bonuses can be HUGE! Since the game ends, it is a penalty to not play through all the balls. I was on ball 2 with 1 extra ball left and ball 3. I should have at least drained once or twice if i was feeling lucky to start HMSS without draining since it starts on the henchmen ramp.

I think the rest is fair, but with 1B+ end of ball bonuses, if would definitely benefit you to play through as many of the balls as possible if you get to the end with balls to spare.

#16386 23 days ago
Quoted from JFresh389:

I don’t think you missed out on as many points as you think. I’m guessing you got 1B+ EOB bonus because you completed a lot of stuff on relatively few balls. Even if you had two left, but all the modes were completed, there’s really no features left to feed to bonus.

Pretty sure the bonuses are based on Henchmen, Villians, Weapons and Q Branches completed through the WHOLE game, not per ball. Every one of my balls base end of ball bonus has been higher than the previous ball. Even on a short ball, I got incredible bonuses.

#16422 22 days ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Starting that last henchmen was amusing. Took me about 10 shots, setting up the upper flipper. Choke after choke until finally getting it, surviving it, and then starting Disco Volante Wizard.

You’ll have to make that shot again to start HMSS. It is on the Henchmen ramp.

#16428 21 days ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Nope, HMSS start is the villain ramp.

Mine started on henchmen. I think the conclusion is that BOTH are lit.

So, we are both right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 23.95
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=Insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.