Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrossman5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 1 year ago

I'm curious to see if this is a Ritchie or Meunier game.

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought it was no question Meunier...?

It very well could be I just haven't seen anything confirming that. Ritchie supposedly was producing a game for JJP about a year ago.

#288 1 year ago

“Are you ready to join the family?” Hmmm
Sure sounds like Godfather to me.

#687 1 year ago
3E748A53-2C5D-4801-BA00-6424A151548F (resized).png3E748A53-2C5D-4801-BA00-6424A151548F (resized).png
#961 1 year ago

JERSEY JACK PINBALL ANNOUNCES
THE GODFATHER 50TH ANNIVERSARY PINBALL MACHINE
A pinball experience that you can’t refuse
CHICAGO, IL (March 7 th 2023) – Jersey Jack Pinball (JJP), in partnership with
Paramount Consumer Products, is proud to announce The Godfather 50th Anniversary
pinball machine. Collector’s and Limited Editions are now available to order for your
home game room or arcade.
Do you have what it takes to rule New York City? Build your power by spreading your
control to new territories, gaining influence with political notables, recruiting soldiers to
run jobs, and taking out your enemies amongst the Five Families.
“The Godfather is a cinematic masterpiece that has held it’s place in movie history for
over half a century. The Godfather pinball machine captures the essence of the films
and offers a unique gameplay experience,” said Jack Guarnieri, Founder, Jersey Jack
Pinball. “This game is the ultimate collector’s item.”
“Capturing the universe of The Godfather in pinball was an exciting experience. Our
team pulled out all the stops to get a world-under-glass experience in every way.
Unique mechs and shots, immersive programming, iconic video and audio from the
most recognizable movie scenes and actors, and stellar animations and artwork
wrapped with an excellent sound package all meld together to create a truly unique
pinball experience. “ -Game Designer Eric Meunier
Build your family, control the boroughs and rule New York City
Begin your journey by selecting from the Corleone, Tattaglia, Barzini, Cuneo, or Stracci
families. Each family offers unique abilities to aid in your progression in ruling NYC.
The game features full integration of audio and video components of iconic scenes and
memorable characters, including Don Vito Corleone, Michael Corleone, Sonny
Corleone, and more. A custom soundtrack has been created for the game, including an
electric guitar version of the highly acclaimed theme song “Speak Softly Love,”
performed by Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Slash, as well as a vocal version sung by
Grammy Award Winning musician Mark Tremonti.
Award-Winning Designs
Get ready for fast-shooting pinball gameplay that begins as soon as you hit the start
button. JJP Designer, Eric Meunier (Pirates of the Caribbean, Guns N’ Roses ‘Not In
This Lifetime’), introduces an exciting gameplay experience, bringing The Godfather
universe under glass for the first time. The machine features hand-drawn artwork
packages from artists Christopher Franchi and Jesper Abels with art direction and
animations from industry leading animator Jean-Paul DeWin. Rules programming was
lead by industry veteran Keith Johnson (Wizard of Oz, The Hobbit, Pirates of the
Caribbean), bringing innovation to the gameplay experience.
The playfield design boasts 29 unique ball paths, a 3-ball lock capable of feeding all
three flippers, “The Compound” active newton-ball lock, four custom sculpts (an
interactive Caporegime, Statue of Liberty, LED animated water fountain, bust of Vito
Corleone), an under-playfield subway system, exclusive JJP HotRail lighting, and more.
Collect soldiers and enter the Don’s office to take on new jobs. Shoot the ball into The
Compound active newton-ball area to defend your family stronghold from incursions by
the enemy families. Need to make a quick getaway from the upper flipper? Shoot the
ball into The Hideout or take the laser-cut steel CityScape loop ramp to outrun your
enemies. Rip the opto-spinners to upgrade your weapons and start flinging 10x
playfield multiplier Molotov cocktails for major points. Bash the interactive Caporegime
toy to clear a path to the Heads of the opposing families and get ready for an interactive
pinball playthrough of the most iconic scene in movie history, the Baptism.
Industry-Leading Innovation
JJP’s interactive gameplay camera is an industry first that truly brings the player into the
game. Your photo can be taken and displayed on the industry-leading 27” color LCD
monitor during or at the conclusion of each game. Tweeting your high scores have
never been easier with the use of on-screen QR technology. Audiophiles can rejoice
with integrated Bluetooth technology (perfect for those wireless headphones or
earbuds). Wi-Fi connectivity allows for effortless software updates.
Collector’s and Limited Editions
Only 1,000 Collector’s Edition and 5,000 Limited Edition pinball machines will be made.
Limited Edition version includes black powder-coated armor, exclusive cabinet and
playfield artwork, an interactive shaker motor providing haptic feedback, Invisiglass, and
individually numbered edition plaques. The price is $12,000 USD.
The highly anticipated Collector’s Edition version includes a dual-motorized-mobster
with interactive car topper, 2nd ‘tommy-gun knocker’, horse head shooter knob, golden
leg covers, golden action button sculpt, inner-art cabinet decals, exclusive sparkle
playfield artwork, RadCal cabinet art package, laser-cut golden armor, gold-mirrored
backglass, external cabinet lighting, game-designer signature, and more. This version
has historically sold out within minutes of release and is priced at $15,000 USD.
The Godfather 50 th Anniversary pinball machine is available for purchase through
authorized distributors and JerseyJackPinball.com.
The Godfather Film
The Godfather film tells the story of the Corleone family and their rise to power in the
complicated underworld of New York City. Released in 1972, The Godfather has been
praised for its timeless themes, memorable characters, and masterful storytelling. The
winner of three Academy Awards including Best Picture, it is widely heralded as one of
the single greatest films of all time.

#1005 1 year ago

Deos anyone else not like the huge head sculpt?

#1049 1 year ago

I think the main playfield character/sculpt is a mistake. Should have been a more central character, not a bodyguard. Vito looks good though.

#1086 1 year ago

Anyone know who's on callouts?

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

My only issue is the code looks really deep and complicated.

That's an issue?

#1190 1 year ago

I highly recommend watching the SDTM featurette. Game looks incredible.

#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Apparently in the video Eric says there may be a different lieutenant character in the CE over the LE. Was it a different character all together or is it that one lights up and the other doesn’t? Any clarification on this?

If you compare the models there are two different sculpts in the middle. One is Floyd and the other is Mike.

#1556 1 year ago

Am I correct in that this is the first JJP game with only one screen?

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

You are though. You call them mini, but they are full fledged wizard modes. The fact that they lead to another wizard mode doesn't mean they are "mini." Game design is not fact. It's a personal philosophy that each designer creates within themselves over time. If it where fact, every game would play the same.

In the context of a game rule-chart, you cannot have five final wizard modes no matter how good they are, only one final mode.

#1715 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I don't want to get too far afield in a GF thread.
But why would it take more than 5 minutes to program a "final" wizard mode on POTC? Hit all the major shots twice. Or maybe hit all of the 22 characters. Very final shot is shooting the queen anne one last time. Start all over again.
Done! I've just "programmed" the final wizard mode.

Possibly a licensing issue?

#1887 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't find them as aesthetically jarring as the realistic Vito sculpt next to the cartoony mafia grunt.

I really hope someone comes out with a mod for this at some point.

#1906 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I'm hesitant to do this, but let me try and contextualize some of it.
First of all, it should be obvious to everyone that this isn't from the beginning of the game. The multiballs are not trivial to get to, but not super-hard (the first time, anyway) to get to. Compound requires a couple balls shot into there (not as easy as you might think), Sicily takes quite a few sling/bumper hits with intervening target hits. He got an extra ball, which means he was already on his 3rd bad guy (think 2 saucers in AFM or 2 castles in MM). He was already in a mode when the video started, so it was playing mode music (modes are not lit at ball/game start, it takes a bit of time to get them to light up). There are 8 modes, each with their own music.
As for the "slot machine fx," I will assume people are referring to the start of Sicily, where you hear that sound up to 8 times before the jackpot lights. I didn't hear anything that I perceive as slot machine-y after those hits were completed. I also don't think you're hearing them with the maximum fidelity coming out of a pinball machine, into a phone, and out of whatever you're listening on.

Are you able to comment on whether the lighting/sounds will be tweaked in future updates?

#1926 1 year ago
Quoted from Alby87:

Just a little trivia: The voiceover for "Multipalla Siciliana" has one small flaw: the "c" in Sicilia is an harsh consonant, like C in Coffee or Macintosh. I know that in english Sicily both "S" and "C" have the same sound. I've found this Youtube video for a correct pronunciation ( ).

That callout was pretty cheesy. Makes it seem like a more generic gangster/mafia theme rather than the Godfather. Hopefully these can improve?

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from AviRoo:

I'm still not a fan of the style but i will say it looks better IRL then it does in the promotional pictures i've seen and with the other pinballs there it just fits in nicely. congrats on the pin!

Red looks much more subtle than it does in the promo pics, I think it looks excellent.

#1956 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don’t think they will (or need to) but also this happened before
[quoted image]
But that was a weird time of seeing games developed along the way.

How many Hobbits went out with that art though?

#2265 1 year ago

Wonder what happened to "Multipalla Siciliana"?

#2274 1 year ago

Karl started Sicily MB within 5 seconds of playing...

Hopefully settings can make these multiballs more meaningful.

#2277 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

; but the single actor in that one was MUCH better.

It also really helps that he was a character in the movies and not just some "generic" pirate.

#2290 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:Do we know what code this is? That cant be it, surely?

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I saw this on reddit today. It's an AR app to help explain pinball rules and shots. JJP hire him to explain how to play your games...
https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/11ns5ge/i_made_an_augmented_reality_app_to_help/

That's actually really neat and something I could see people using.

#2399 1 year ago

I know it's likely due to licensing costs, but I am pretty disappointed that Tom Hagen isn't anywhere in the game. He was my favorite character from the first two movies.

#2413 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I know this has been posted, but I'm not finding it and I'm sure there are others wanting to know:
what time is the JJP Godfather gameplay stream today and is it on the JJP Twitch channel?
Thanks in advance!

D0A34F56-7778-4777-BFCA-4C6FFBD0F9B5 (resized).pngD0A34F56-7778-4777-BFCA-4C6FFBD0F9B5 (resized).png
#2437 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Eric confirmed no Diane Keaton or Talia Shire in clips on Karl's stream last night, and, on Franchi's Facebook podcast page he confirmed they'd had Shire in the artwork, as well as John Cazale, "Fredo", and they needed to be pulled last minute.
So it definitely seems Paramount was restrictive with the license, and I know in the SDTM video the guys stated that they needed to turn a drama into a pinball game, so that altered their approach, but I do wonder if they never had the option to begin with.
I do like the not entirely narrative based structure here, (One way to design the game) but it definitely seemed the clips are more sparse and peppered in than I'd personally hoped they'd be.
Certainly a vast source of material difference than GnR, and feels closer restriction wise to Wonka and POTC than Hobbit, which was entirely unrestricted.
[quoted image]

I don't know much about licensing so pardon my ignorance. Why would Paramount want this removed? How could it negatively affect them?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2448 1 year ago

Is the scoop/subway system able to physically lock balls like Houdini/STTNG?

#2465 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I think there was just some internal mixup who they had agreements with or not. Fredo's estate is actually controlled by Meryl Streep of all people (she was his girlfriend when he died way too young in 1978). She is a combination of not a fan of pinball and obviously not needing the money, so she didn't agree to it.

Very interesting, thanks for commenting about this.

#2486 1 year ago

I don’t think the callouts are that bad, the game just talks way too much. I would expect there will be a setting implemented to limit some of them. Houdini did a great job with this.

#2493 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Holy damn, it really is a rainbow nightmare. GF got the TS4 carnival treatment.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/11nvhsb/jjp_godfather_gameplay/

I’d watch the IEPinball video for a more accurate representation of gameplay/lighting. I do agree it should be toned down a bit in some scenarios.

1 week later
#3178 1 year ago

Can anyone post a picture of the new lighting they added behind the back glass? Interested to see how it’s wired.

#3203 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Does this gam have a camera? Sounds like they pulled the playfield lcd, headphone Jack, Scorbit, etc. Haven’t seen anything on camera integration

It does, you can tell when looking at the translite art.

#3390 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

This is old but worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

This video reminds me of the awesome in-depth WOZ and Hobbit videos they put out a while back with Butch Peel. I wish they continued doing that for each game.

1 week later
#3601 1 year ago

I'm curious as well to see what tells the game what "model" it is. Would be cool to get the Dialed In CE code for the custom messages on the display in the game.

1 month later
#4307 11 months ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I’ve owned every JJP except Hobbit.

You're missing out!

#4356 11 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

And if it’s a true collection, it would almost certainly have to have at least one JJP to show off just how immersive and well done a theme and complete pinball package can actually be.

When it comes to theme integration, I'd have to say Hobbit is the best of all time and will likely never be beaten (WOZ is super close). I am a little worried about Godfather in that regard but have yet to play it.

2 weeks later
#4550 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Multiballs don't happen unless you make the shots to qualify and start them.
There is no such thing as "being in multiball all the time."

I will say, on default rules starting multiball on GNR can happen immediately after starting a game, and with a long ball saver/stacking more together it can feel like you’re in multiball more than you should be. I get that it’s boosting values for the main song modes but on location it simply isn’t very fun.

Whether it’s the same on Godfather is unknown to me as I haven’t played it.

4 weeks later
#4785 10 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

This one is going in mine as well as the compound![quoted image]

Curious to see what you think of the compound. I’m considering ordering it.

#4804 10 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Exact oppostie for me. Eric is a genius ( and a great guy), but had zero interest in G&R as I just don't enjoy music pins for some reason. GF is a way better theme for me, so hoping this is really going to be a win.......having a JB60 (my currently most played game by several miles) next to GFCE sounds like a dream 2 pin spot in the lineup, VERY excited!!!!

It is a winner. It feels really great when set up right, and I have a feeling they’ll release a couple more updates to make it even better. Beautiful looking and playing machine.

#4818 9 months ago

Looks too nice to me to be 3-d printed. The detail is amazing.

1 week later
#4869 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sure Godzilla came out with minimal code but now it's past Godfather and JJP's other recent releases in terms of depth. I don't understand the car brand comparison. Toyota's are reliable, offer a good amount of features, and retain their resale value fairly well so it that Stern? lol. Personally I rather have a moving building with a physical ball lock on its roof, mini moving jump ramp + mecha Godzilla toy with magnet, magna grab toy, and a breakable bridge over a ton of LED's and a moving figurine.

Godfather has more than TS4…

#4877 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In terms of what? Divertors sure but those don't really scream "fun". Actual substantial interactive toys and mechs though? Toy Story 4 has more then Godfather IMO. The jump ramp with the moving benson posts, spinning disk, large gabby gabby character mech, physical kickback, and the 10" "mini" LCD. Godfather has a moving figurine, the spinning disk below it, and...well that's about it.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion as am I, but in terms of mechs Godfather simply has more, much more. Whether they equate to "fun" to you or not is a personal preference. For me, Toy Story does not have a substantial mech that is unique in any way or hasn't been done before. I'd rather have an active captive ball staging system than a pop up mech that was done 4 times as well on Hobbit. GF has a unique layout that works well compared to an uninspired, bland layout on TS4. I do agree though that both games should have more for the 12k price they are asking.

#4879 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

10" "mini" LCD is icing on the cake

Come on now, you had some valid points before this.

#4906 9 months ago

I may be in the minority, but I think I actually prefer the LE art over the CE. The CE is absolutely stunning no doubt, but I love the mix between Vito and Michael on the LE compared to the heavily used Vito with Michael occasionally featured on the CE. Brando will always be the “Godfather” but for me Pacino is the main character.

#4913 9 months ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Outside of bugs, do they have a roadmap to add in more sound bytes/clips of the movie? Loved when I played it, but it seemed a bit lacking in the department.

I hope. Here’s some things I sent to the JJP code department.

Bugs:
-The game will not eject a ball after a ball for turf war multiball has been locked until the spinner(s) stop spinning. This can cause the player to wait 5-7 seconds after locking a ball and skipping the mattress animation for a ball to be ejected into the shooter lane.
-When the drop target close to the shooter lane is down, the player can drain a ball and get credit for nudging out of the right outlane which triggers "l'hai scampata" and gives the opportunity for another skill shot. This encourages the player to drain to get a free skill shot which should only be possible by skillfully saving the ball.
-The "gangster" gun effects and sound are completely eliminated when "fight speech" is turned off. The gangster should still move quickly back and forth for the neat "gun shooting" animation even when the speech is off.
Suggestions:
Sound- Some sound effects are missing from the game. I'd love if:
Sound effects are added to the extra ball collected animation
Sound effects are added to the spinners in a mode/other times in the game
The player has the option to tone down "Corleone's are coming calling" and "Tallagia's all over the place" frequency
The "ball 1 locked" callout is replaced with "compound ball locked" or "ball locked" for the compound which would make more sense because only 1 ball can ever be locked.

#4948 9 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

They could nix all the bling, shaker, invisiglass, hot rails. Can have a stationary gangster and less extravagant fountain mold. Can't believe they don't offer something to compete with a Stern premium pricewise.

While I wouldn't buy an SE for my collection, it is super odd that the lowest model is the Limited Edition trim. Mine doesn't feel super "Limited".

#4950 9 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

We know support for previous JJP games doesn't have the best track record.. code updates are still pending for many previous games... not making any excuses for that.. but for The Godfather, this is now the 5th code update they have published and the CEs are not even all out yet. Will there be more updates yet to come? Assuming yes because they are still tinkering and adding features with v1.09. Would this not be considered an improvement from the past where at least with Godfather they seem committed to providing frequent updates and finishing the code? Recognition where it is due perhaps?

It has received consistent updates and yes, it's an improvement, but none of them have added all that much (expect for the first one after launch) besides a few tweaks here and there.
I don't expect an overhaul but I'd be overjoyed if they took a decent amount of time and went through the sound effects and modified/improved on them. Right now, it's the weakest part of the package. I also think the music is great but is far too short and some tracks are noticeable when they loop. I don't know if they are still working with Unlock Audio to improve this or not. It would be great to get a comment from a coder about this.

#4957 9 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

Same problem here, it says "Download available" but it offers me only 1.08 which is already installed. I see all the details about 1.09 but it's just not possible to install it. Any help would be much appreciated.

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

Make sure to backup your settings and high scores

#4959 9 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

Thanks for all the infos. I just checked and to do it manually there is no less than 22 f.....g steps !! Am I the only one intimidated by that ? There is so much place for errors. Shame on JJP for doing things this complicated.

It's not too hard.
1.Download file and plug in a USB drive.
2.Using Rufus, click two buttons to copy file onto the drive
3.Plug drive into computer in backbox (or USB extention if you have one)
4.Turn on the game and wait

#4964 9 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

Thanks @ but I've got no idea what "Rufus" is, never heard of it ... it looks easy when I read your instructions. What I don't understand is that JJP gave us 22 steps and you ... only 4 ... ... maybe they should hire you because honestly, on their website, it's overly complicated and I won't risk it.

Sorry, I should have explained better. It's a program that will put the code onto the USB drive in a way that the game can read it. I'm sure there are others you could use but Rufus is the one JJP includes in the instructions.

I don't blame you for waiting, there's really nothing different from 1.08.

#4993 9 months ago

How’s the dual knockers with the topper? I don’t think I’ve seen a video of it in action.

#5022 9 months ago

How’s the quality of the lockdown accent and leg accents?

#5024 9 months ago
Quoted from Willybillwill:

Personally, I think the quality is outstanding. The lockdown when you touch the lions has a metallic feel vs. a cheap plastic. The leg accents have some weight in them due to the magnets and don't look cheap at all. They knocked this out of the park. Before I even removed the protective foam out of the playfield, I probably sat and stared at it in awe for 15 minutes. This thing is just awesome!

The LE is stunning, I can only imagine the CE with the sparkle playfield and RadCals.

#5051 9 months ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

That is a serious amount of metal at the rear of the playfield. I can see better how some of the shots work at that angle too. Must've taken Eric Meunier forever dialing in that entire contraption.

The diverter from either orbit to the hideout is super interesting to me. Seems like it shouldn’t be possible but it works great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newberg, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,999.99
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arroyo Grande, CA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrossman5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=mrossman5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.