IMG_3785 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_213720588~2 (resized).jpg
45178240-7A24-4BFB-8BD7-D4247F6BAD0F (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_205112097 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,371 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 268.
#10351 3 months ago

Hope everyone is having a stellar Saturday!

We are extremely sensitive to pricing and quality and it's always fun to refresh our DIY cost comparison, so here it is.

If all you do is swap speakers for something better than middle of the road, you're in for a minimum of $125, and you may find that there is little appreciable improvement. This is because the factory amplifier is de-rated and lacks the drive necessary to provide good dynamic range in the backbox, and punch / sustain in the cabinet. So, to amp it up and go all in, you'll need mounting rings with dwell to accommodate the excursion of the speakers because of the additional amplification. That's going to take you to $175. The frequently mentioned Ali Express / Chinese amps run in the $75 neighborhood, so take the running total to $250.

You'll need a DC power solution, some sort of ad-hoc wiring harness, and if you want to do it right, you'll need glass tape and a ground loop isolator. Add in hardware, and other expenses and you're in the mid-three hundreds, easily.

Sure, you can do it in the $200's and there are recipes out there to hit this price point but set your expectations accordingly.

Think about the time sink too, which for most is quite significant. Also, the risk of failure if things don't go your way.

The PinWoofer experience is superior in every way owing to our in-house designed electronics and vitally important speakers, the latter of which are easily the best pinball speaker out there. Here's some additional information:
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-pinball-diy-sound-and-audio/

Our gear is mature and well refined, with instructions and installation videos, and with an enormous install base.

It's up to the individual as to what they want to invest, the quality of the experience, and the outcome they seek for their money.

Thanks for your attention,

Dan
+1 208-855-0346
[email protected]
PinWoofer.com

20231115 DIY (resized).jpg20231115 DIY (resized).jpgPinWoofer PW-SPIKE-SPK KOP super kit (resized).jpgPinWoofer PW-SPIKE-SPK KOP super kit (resized).jpg
#10352 3 months ago

Did seem strange in his last stream, someone brought up Foo Fighters code and Danger simply yells out FOOOOOOOOO, but doesn't acknowledge the question or talk about Foo Fighters.

#10353 3 months ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I fixed my fork issue. The part that catches the plunger wasn't getting enough purchase, I imagine it slipped and didnt lock the forks down. I bent it slightly so it has more purchase and haven't seen the issue since.
I have a rules question now...
What's the benefit of more time in the van mods? If I'm able to finish it in 30 seconds why would I want another 30secs? Is there any bonus?
It seems the most useless van upgrade unless I'm missing something.

Bonus points

#10354 3 months ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hope everyone is having a stellar Saturday!
We are extremely sensitive to pricing and quality and it's always fun to refresh our DIY cost comparison, so here it is.
If all you do is swap speakers for something better than middle of the road, you're in for a minimum of $125, and you may find that there is little appreciable improvement. This is because the factory amplifier is de-rated and lacks the drive necessary to provide good dynamic range in the backbox, and punch / sustain in the cabinet. So, to amp it up and go all in, you'll need mounting rings with dwell to accommodate the excursion of the speakers because of the additional amplification. That's going to take you to $175. The frequently mentioned Ali Express / Chinese amps run in the $75 neighborhood, so take the running total to $250.
You'll need a DC power solution, some sort of ad-hoc wiring harness, and if you want to do it right, you'll need glass tape and a ground loop isolator. Add in hardware, and other expenses and you're in the mid-three hundreds, easily.
Sure, you can do it in the $200's and there are recipes out there to hit this price point but set your expectations accordingly.
Think about the time sink too, which for most is quite significant. Also, the risk of failure if things don't go your way.

The PinWoofer experience is superior in every way owing to our in-house designed electronics and vitally important speakers, the latter of which are easily the best pinball speaker out there. Here's some additional information:
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-pinball-diy-sound-and-audio/
Our gear is mature and well refined, with instructions and installation videos, and with an enormous install base.
It's up to the individual as to what they want to invest, the quality of the experience, and the outcome they seek for their money.
Thanks for your attention,
Dan
+1 208-855-0346
[email protected]
PinWoofer.com[quoted image][quoted image]

love my Pinwoofer on Foo LE. Need to look at upgrading X-Men LE and AFMr.

#10355 3 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

The first time I got to Foobot ready, I had no idea. I saw that insert at the left ramp was red and said to myself “I wonder why that insert is red… Let me try to hit it “. I was totally blown away when foobot started!
But yeah, they could have some sort of voice call out that says ‘Foobot Ready’ or something, kind of like they do when the lightning bolt insert comes on

I have seen that too! So close. I will hit it next time instead of draining.

#10356 3 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

totally agree that decent updates did not come so the interest has died off ALOT which is sad as it is a nice shooter and has some fun elements but since it is a fast game it needs well timed clear call outs to explain.
my bug bare with the game is at the end of the game it would be nice to keep the lights on the playfield to show what you completed - cities and Foo Bot as they all clear after the score is tallied.

Totally agree on this! Progress should be left like a jackpot payout until the next game. I like to analyze progress but all to often unless I snap a pic before launching the last ball, gonzo.

#10357 3 months ago

Despite the code wants and complaints, this game rips, it's just so fast and hectic, and being a fan of the band just helps you rockin while blasting away at the balls. Almost finally got my first billy, dang.

#10358 3 months ago

I’m not one to “mod” my machines, especially my first NIB. I installed a Pinwoofer kit for the first time in my FF premium and it’s absolutely worth the money. A tidy clean way to install it and ability to tweak the EQ. For a music pin, it’s a must for me on FF.

#10359 3 months ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Have a Foo Pro and love it. What are the best affordable options for upgrading the stock speakers?

Some will call it sacrilege but my go-to sound upgrade of choice is to get the headphone kit and plug in a good pair of studio over-ear headphones. I do it to all my Sterns and it’s a game-changer. It muffles the mechanical sounds and really brings out the game sound.

#10360 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Did seem strange in his last stream, someone brought up Foo Fighters code and Danger simply yells out FOOOOOOOOO, but doesn't acknowledge the question or talk about Foo Fighters.

That’s because he *can’t* talk about things that aren’t released yet, including updates.

#10361 3 months ago

Dan’s pricing is more than fair for plug and play and very high quality.

#10362 3 months ago

Jack said he can’t talk about anything. They hear us. They’ll come through. It’s just the wait

#10363 3 months ago

Or use more of the OVERDRIVE bot voice for some more callouts would work well. Would help mix things up with the Overlord and Roadie.
But yea it needs some like better notifications than whats on screen cause there is typically no dialogue to let you know when something is lit. "go for the extra ball!" "combotron is lit!" "Boy Frenzy!" Helper dialogue adds to the game and helps us deal with this fast playing game which can take lot of concentration.
The game has awesome animated sequences but it's hard to see any of it with how fast the game is so without audio cues and calllouts, it can feel weird or like stuff is missing.

#1 thing it needs is a callout to tell you what mystery award you got from the radio targets. Very inconvenient to have to look up at the screen quickly (VERY QUICKLY) because the starburst with the award isn't on there long when a lot's happening. The only one you can know for sure is the max tractor beam, because your action button starts flashing red immediately. All other awards are...a mystery, unless you can look up quickly enough.

#10364 3 months ago

Look on the bright side: We may not have code all the way there yet, but the Overlord lock is the ball-eating shark that Jaws fans never got. Makes you think.

#10365 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

#1 thing it needs is a callout to tell you what mystery award you got from the radio targets. Very inconvenient to have to look up at the screen quickly (VERY QUICKLY) because the starburst with the award isn't on there long when a lot's happening. The only one you can know for sure is the max tractor beam, because your action button starts flashing red immediately. All other awards are...a mystery, unless you can look up quickly enough.

There are a lot of games with mystery awards like that and many people don't even realize they have a mystery award feature. The worst is probably Iron Man as there is NO time to look up as the War Machine kicker is kicking the ball right back at you when it shows the award.

Does Foo announce when the award is relighting the overdrive post? I was thinking I heard that one before.

#10366 3 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Does Foo announce when the award is relighting the overdrive post?

Yes. That’s from a relatively recent code update

#10367 3 months ago

I am a big fan of pinwoofers- I have them in Deadpool, foo, and Godzilla- Easy plug and play install and they sound great to me-

#10368 3 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

There are a lot of games with mystery awards like that and many people don't even realize they have a mystery award feature. The worst is probably Iron Man as there is NO time to look up as the War Machine kicker is kicking the ball right back at you when it shows the award.
Does Foo announce when the award is relighting the overdrive post? I was thinking I heard that one before.

Yes. When that callout was added, it automatically is triggered just by the mystery award turning it on. So it's not so much that the mystery award callouts got attention, but that another area made that particular award audible.

#10369 3 months ago

Godzilla is similar in it's mystery award with the maser shot, but Godzilla also usually has unique video assets with audio that play corresponding to that mystery so you can often figure out that you musta got a mystery reward for what just played as clearly you didn't make the correct shot for it.

#10370 3 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

tilt bob is dead

WHAT!!?

#10371 3 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Some will call it sacrilege but my go-to sound upgrade of choice is to get the headphone kit and plug in a good pair of studio over-ear headphones. I do it to all my Sterns and it’s a game-changer.

Agree 100% and I have done this to all the Sterns I have owned as well. It is really only viable when you are playing alone though.

#10372 3 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Agree 100% and I have done this to all the Sterns I have owned as well. It is really only viable when you are playing alone though.

Indeed, though I have a couple splitters for late-night co op matches of JP, Venom, etc. those are rare, though..l usually it’s just me playing late at night when the kiddo goes to bed and the spouse is playing video games downstairs.

#10373 3 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Jack said he can’t talk about anything. They hear us. They’ll come through. It’s just the wait

DeadFlip is the man! He promised and will deliver. Tanio and RayDay on code and the rest of the team... I can wait and it's going to be amazing.. to paraphrase Jack D you're gonna poop your pants

#10374 3 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

DeadFlip is the man! He promised and will deliver. Tanio and RayDay on code and the rest of the team... I can wait and it's going to be amazing.. to paraphrase Jack D you're gonna poop your pants

I believe he said, “you’re gonna poop… ALL your pants.”

I’m ready, Jack. I got my pull-ups on, let’s gooooooooooooo

#10375 3 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Let the pooping begin

#10376 3 months ago
IMG_4008 (resized).jpegIMG_4008 (resized).jpeg
#10377 3 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Please allow pooping to commence

#10378 89 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

When did he say this? Was it at release or after .99?

#10379 89 days ago

Diapers on and ready!

#10380 89 days ago
Quoted from Speck:

When did he say this? Was it at release or after .99?

It’s in the deadflip reveal stream on YT with the LE, originally on Twitch I imagine. Relatively early on, he talks about the topper all excitedly.

#10381 89 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

It’s in the deadflip reveal stream on YT with the LE, originally on Twitch I imagine. Relatively early on, he talks about the topper all excitedly.

Stuff related to topper is not making me poo. It's making me sad.

Cool stuff, put it in the game plz

Frankly its frustrating how only thing we have ever heard related to the future of this game for almost a year is "TOPPER!"

#10382 89 days ago

Stuff related to topper is not making me poo. It's making me sad.
Cool stuff, put it in the game plz
Frankly its frustrating how only thing we have ever heard related to the future of this game for almost a year is "TOPPER!"

^^^ This. The game needs to be really fun on its own without a topper. Hopefully getting sound effects and/or callouts when mode shots are made will be a good step forward.

#10383 89 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

^^^ This. The game needs to be really fun on its own without a topper. Hopefully getting sound effects and/or callouts when mode shots are made will be a good step forward.

No game ever needs a topper to be fun. When it’s all said and done the game will be awesome.

#10384 89 days ago

Does anyone have any printable custom instruction cards? I checked the custom apron card thread and couldn’t see any for foo

#10385 89 days ago

I have not pooped in days in anticipation for this poop fest. So is the 31st confirmed?

#10386 89 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I have not pooped in days in anticipation for this poop fest. So is the 31st confirmed?

Not confirmed. Are you going to hold it in until Wednesday?

#10387 88 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Who said anything about an update on the 31st?

#10388 88 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

For under $250 you can upgrade your sound system and the quality will be much better than any package deals you buy online. Check out the DIY audio thread.
5.25” kickers, JBL subwoofer and a Fosi amp with a pinsound audio out adapter is all you need along with some speaker wire. Your game will be rockin!

I made a cheat sheet of that thread with some instructions : https://bit.ly/sternaudio

I still plan to get a pinwoofer at some point just to compare, and also because I’m sure they rock!

#10389 88 days ago

I know you guys are itching for the Foo expression light (EL) kits, I remember seeing the same thing in the Rush thread. But something we had confirmed there is that the EL kits are interchangeable. You guys might be close enough to release that it is worth waiting but if you don't care about the side blade artwork or want to do something custom anyway you can pick up a set of LZ or Rush ELs and drop them in. Here's a good reference from the Rush thread of what you can do with them if you get crafty.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/212#post-7227883
But also as I had seen in the Rush thread, being close to the date when you can *purchase* them doesn't necessarily mean you're anywhere close to the date where you might *receive* them.

#10390 88 days ago
Quoted from prentice:

I made a cheat sheet of that thread with some instructions : https://bit.ly/sternaudio
I still plan to get a pinwoofer at some point just to compare, and also because I’m sure they rock!

Get the PWer with the Expression speaker light set and there will be zero chance you’re disappointed. I really hope this 31st date has everything so the prem owners can get their light sets. I’ve had them on LZ and Rush and both were great but it blends so well with Foo and the theme it takes it up a notch. The DJ mixer is pretty cool when not playing, if you're into trippy shit.

#10391 88 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Let the pooping begin

Depending on how long it takes we may all be pooping in our diapers

#10392 88 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Get the PWer with the Expression speaker light set and there will be zero chance you’re disappointed. I really hope this 31st date has everything so the prem owners can get their light sets. I’ve had them on LZ and Rush and both were great but it blends so well with Foo and the theme it takes it up a notch. The DJ mixer is pretty cool when not playing, if you're into trippy shit.

Second this. It really is a great sounding work of art with the PW kit w lights and expression lights.

#10393 88 days ago
Quoted from prentice:

Thanks for sharing this. I also used the Fosi amp. The 5.25” kickers, JBL sub and Fosi amp is a huge upgrade in every way and it’s nice to spend a hell of a lot less than $400 and still achieve the sound you want

#10394 88 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks for sharing this. I also used the Fosi amp. The 5.25” kickers, JBL sub and Fosi amp is a huge upgrade in every way and it’s nice to spend a hell of a lot less than $400 and still achieve the sound you want

And you can get the expression speaker lights from the guys who first developed it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/08086-expressive-backbox-lights-kit

And it's slightly cheaper.

#10395 88 days ago

Happy poop all your pants day!

Edit: Wrong day. Keep holding it.

#10396 87 days ago

Man finally hit the red arrow aka Foo Bot and Holly poop your pants. I can't tell you how many times it had been lit and I didn't know what it was. So much fun and a milestone for sure but without someone spotting you telling you where to hit, not sure how someone is to complete. We definitely need a callout "Foo Bot activated or Foo Bot Ready to Assemble" and callouts as to which bandmember needs to get hit and "Shoot the Overlord" to get a add a ball. I am sure Mr. poop your pants aka Jack Danger powers AKA DeadFlip will come through with an excellent surprise.

Next milestone the Bill club.

#10397 87 days ago

Got to the last band member shot on foobot today, furthest so far...

#10398 87 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

6-7-20worst-20things-20uni-20--20waiting-20for-20bathroom.gif6-7-20worst-20things-20uni-20--20waiting-20for-20bathroom.gif
#10399 87 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

And you can get the expression speaker lights from the guys who first developed it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/08086-expressive-backbox-lights-kit
And it's slightly cheaper.

The Ninjacamp Expressive speaker lights are also a much better implementation of the Expression lights in the speakers, as 2 - 24 bulb rings (one behind the other) match the 2 rows of 24 bulbs (one below the other) on each side of the cabinet, much better than a 48 bulb ring does.

#10400 87 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Dammit!

IMG_6006 (resized).jpegIMG_6006 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 13,371 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.