9A714B85-A303-4387-97CF-D8DA677C3309_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
BE6EEC50-4BFB-4B89-8BDD-EAF4612263FB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22FC866E-08C2-48A8-A3A8-F1AB471BC9A5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B4B671E6-F52D-4D73-9EA7-BAB2D8848E42_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1E626ADF-0137-4A2D-A872-DA27BBD0A03F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
17134563175124719207043215691978 (resized).jpg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 266.
#1401 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

A couple more things on my new Pro....
The left inlane spinner fell off. How dificult is it to reattatch?
Is anyone else glass on really snug? When I pull the glass, it's on really tight and difficult to pull.

My glass is very snug as well. It has definitely loosened up slightly after a few times of taking it off and on.

#1402 12 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

My glass is very snug as well. It has definitely loosened up slightly after a few times of taking it off and on.

It’s kinda amazing this is still an issue. For several years now. I’ve had several new sterns that needed glass suction cup handles to remove the glass. I don’t see how this was never a problem before and then suddenly it is?
And they still don’t have a remedy at the factory?
Not complaining, I find it kinda odd though.
Stern even sent me beveled glass after I sent them a video that my Deadpool was impossible to remove without the suction handles. Even then it was very tough.

#1403 12 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

It’s kinda amazing this is still an issue. For several years now. I’ve had several new sterns that needed glass suction cup handles to remove the glass. I don’t see how this was never a problem before and then suddenly it is?
And they still don’t have a remedy at the factory?
Not complaining, I find it kinda odd though.
Stern even sent me beveled glass after I sent them a video that my Deadpool was impossible to remove without the suction handles. Even then it was very tough.

I would rather have snug than loose for sure. I don't want the glass flying out as soon as I take off the lock bar, but I thought I might break the glass the 1st time I took it off with the amount of pressure and tweaking that I had to do.

#1404 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys, I understand that the low battery insert on the right loop indicates you can power up the rock o meter, but sometimes it isn't glowing, and you cannot charge your multiplier. How do you get it relit?

Answer is in here:

https://stern-wagtail-1.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/Foo-Fighters-Rule-Sheet-03232023-compressed.pdf

And here:

http://tiltforums.com/t/foo-fighters-rulesheet/8162#heading--pfx

#1405 12 months ago

I have a bunch of various age kids and a wife that have trouble grasping what exactly they are supposed to be hitting or doing (lack of vocabulary, inability to memorize everything, and lack of callouts / ability to look at the screen or anything else on the playfield but the ball)… I was wondering if anyone makes or has made a visual type guide using pictures from the playfield for the rules? I plan on trying to do it if not. But if anyone knows of one that exists for any game it would be great to have a reference / starting point.

#1406 12 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

I have a bunch of various age kids and a wife that have trouble grasping what exactly they are supposed to be hitting or doing (lack of vocabulary, inability to memorize everything, and lack of callouts / ability to look at the screen or anything else on the playfield but the ball)… I was wondering if anyone makes or has made a visual type guide using pictures from the playfield for the rules? I plan on trying to do it if not. But if anyone knows of one that exists for any game it would be great to have a reference / starting point.

Don't drain.

#1407 12 months ago

Was the "to be continued " always just when you don't hit any shots? Seems like it should always come up if you don't finish a city.

#1408 12 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Pinsider IronMan8Bit did something like you're thinking of for Godzilla. Might be a handy reference as a starting point. Block diagram is in his post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/410#post-7542866

#1409 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Left inlane spinner? There is only the one spinner in the middle, right? Which piece are you talking about?
The glass on this is super tight. I welcome it, as I've had a few sterns where the glass rattled so much that I added a thick anti rattle tape on the edges to knock it off. So I'm happy with it.

I'm a dope. I meant the middle spinner. I reattached it but I'm not sure what's gonna prevent it from coming off again. Bending in the bracket seems like it's pretty difficult to do.

Thanks for the confirmation on the glass. I thought it was just mine that was on super tight. It'll probably loosen up in time.

#1410 12 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

I would rather have snug than loose for sure. I don't want the glass flying out as soon as I take off the lock bar, but I thought I might break the glass the 1st time I took it off with the amount of pressure and tweaking that I had to do.

Agreed. I've grown to appreciate tight glass....less vibration from my shakers.

#1411 12 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Pinsider IronMan8Bit did something like you're thinking of for Godzilla. Might be a handy reference as a starting point. Block diagram is in his post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/410#post-7542866

Ah thanks! That’s a great starting point. Going to add pictures from the playfield too. Figure it’s a good starting point to learn from and they’ll pick up the language and stuff which will be good.

Ha! I mean I did explain that as a basic rule. But they are all competitive and want to get better. Plus, I feel like it’s longevity in the house depends on them going from don’t drain to “oh I’m in Austin and I need to do this specific thing to complete it.”

#1412 12 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Ah thanks! That’s a great starting point. Going to add pictures from the playfield too. Figure it’s a good starting point to learn from and they’ll pick up the language and stuff which will be good.

Ha! I mean I did explain that as a basic rule. But they are all competitive and want to get better. Plus, I feel like it’s longevity in the house depends on them going from don’t drain to “oh I’m in Austin and I need to do this specific thing to complete it.”

I'm having such a tough time keeping the ball in play, I haven't worried much about the rules yet

That said, I've played a couple dozen games and I still have no clue on how to complete a mode! In GZ, it's brain dead simple...the LCD has a counter of shots remaining (which vary from battle to battle). In Rush, it has a progress bar (and text with more detail, depending on what UI you have selected).

#1413 12 months ago

The green protector set looks pretty great! If anyone that placed an order wants to change their order, just PM me.

I will post more colors as we try them

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/08333-stern-foo-fighters-plastic-protectors

IMG_3600 (resized).jpegIMG_3600 (resized).jpegIMG_3601 (resized).jpegIMG_3601 (resized).jpeg

IMG_3603 (resized).jpegIMG_3603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3602 (resized).jpegIMG_3602 (resized).jpeg

IMG_3599 (resized).jpegIMG_3599 (resized).jpeg
#1414 12 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm having such a tough time keeping the ball in play, I haven't worried much about the rules yet
That said, I've played a couple dozen games and I still have no clue on how to complete a mode! In GZ, it's brain dead simple...the LCD has a counter of shots remaining (which vary from battle to battle). In Rush, it has a progress bar (and text with more detail, depending on what UI you have selected).

Some are easier to figure out how to end the mode than others. New York for example, rip the spinner a bunch and then there's also a roaming ramp shot that keeps moving around and seems to unlight before you get a chance to shoot it. However, once you have enough spinner shots, the overlord will light yellow for you to shoot there to complete the mode. Most, if not all, modes seem to require the final shot into the overlord.

#1415 12 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The green protector set looks pretty great! If anyone that placed an order wants to change their order, just PM me.

SICK!

#1416 12 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/08333-stern-foo-fighters-plastic-protectors
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

very nice work! I was wondering if it's possible for you to show the different colors when installed on just the slings and outlanes, just to get an idea of the color choices..green looks good, but my mind is wanting to see all you have to offer with colors. EDIT: just saw in your post that you will be trying different colors, when you can. staying tuned!

#1417 12 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

You know, I picked up the Game of Depth pinball comic for Attack from Mars off of Amazon hoping it was this only to find that it was just a horribly type faced reprinting of the rules on top of the busy background of his machine. Nothing was actually labeled.

YouTube videos are great but sometimes they are too chaotic and things move by too quickly (PAPA pinball, IE Pinball and Dead Flip are all great watches to start to understand rulesets). I think if someone even just redid the rules with a screenshot of the playfield, pointing out the shots, it would be super helpful.

#1418 12 months ago

Somebody asked about the green powder coating color. Here's a close up of how it looks.

The reflective foil cabinet decals and mirrored backglass are stunning in person.

20230421_132446 (resized).jpg20230421_132446 (resized).jpg20230421_142252 (resized).jpg20230421_142252 (resized).jpg
#1419 12 months ago

Forks missed the ball and didn’t come down. Jack can you fix in code? No opto to make sure balls in there I’m guessing.

This game is sick! Shot geometry is next level and dead post is the best thing ever!

IMG_6540 (resized).jpegIMG_6540 (resized).jpeg
#1420 12 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Forks missed the ball and didn’t come down. Jack can you fix in code? No opto to make sure balls in there I’m guessing.
This game is sick! Shot geometry is next level and dead post is the best thing ever!
[quoted image]

I’ve had missed traps a few times and each time it but down the fork very soon after. Seems like something malfunctioning in your case - or a very specific code situation.

#1421 12 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I’ve had missed traps a few times and each time it but down the fork very soon after. Seems like something malfunctioning in your case - or a very specific code situation.

There have been a few situations when the overlord is lit for the final shot and the (only) ball is trapped back there. Thats ok because eventually ball search will let it out, but your time bonus is gone... the other end of that is overlord shot lit and the forks are UP with no ball inside. Seen both.

#1422 12 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The wood prep, art application and clear on this PF is A+

Same here. The playfield on my pro looks fantastic.

#1423 12 months ago

Florescent yellow looks pretty great too! It matches the gold trim on the stock plastics and is a little more subdued.

IMG_3616 (resized).jpegIMG_3616 (resized).jpegIMG_3617 (resized).jpegIMG_3617 (resized).jpegIMG_3618 (resized).jpegIMG_3618 (resized).jpeg
#1424 12 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's interesting, the default is 8 Ohm's, but my backbox speaker was set to 4 Ohm's from the factory. Changing it to the 8 Ohm default made a HUGE difference. I also turned off the audio filter which sounds better to my ears. Lastly, I fiddled with the Music Attenuation...-20 or -30 seems to bring out the music a bit (though it's hard to do an A/B comparison).
In any event, the game sounds very respectable with just a little tweaking. I'm sure it can be improved by throwing more hardware/money at it, but the Kenwood speakers are adequate once they are being fed with reasonable audio waves. The out-of-the-box config made the hardware sound much worse than necessary. Kind of odd that this stuff isn't given more attention (since it's a music pin).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And a special XXX Fun Toy on the right

#1425 12 months ago

Red right ramp cover

IMG_8970 (resized).jpegIMG_8970 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1426 12 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

You know, I picked up the Game of Depth pinball comic for Attack from Mars off of Amazon hoping it was this only to find that it was just a horribly type faced reprinting of the rules on top of the busy background of his machine. Nothing was actually labeled.
YouTube videos are great but sometimes they are too chaotic and things move by too quickly (PAPA pinball, IE Pinball and Dead Flip are all great watches to start to understand rulesets). I think if someone even just redid the rules with a screenshot of the playfield, pointing out the shots, it would be super helpful.

Thanks. Yeah I found a pretty simple YouTube video that just highlights something on the rule card and then highlights those shots on the PF. I’m going to use that idea I think and some of the work already done in the rules on tilt forums and try to make something useable. The only real issue is that with pics and stuff it will probably be quite a number of pages. I guess that’s okay.

#1427 12 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just had the glass off. The wood prep, art application and clear on this PF is A+ (nicer than recent Sterns). Hard to know if it's luck of the draw or they've honed their process...just relieved.
[quoted image]

The pro overall was very nice. I'll be interested to see how my LE is later this week.

The only negative I found was someone on the assembly line didn't have their torque settings backed off on their drill and they ground the short screws for the small light boards way too much, essentially boring the playfield out. When I went to remove some of them to install the brackets, the screws were loose in the playfield holes. So, that kind of sucked for an NIB pin. The bracket kits I was installing use longer screws anyway, which fixed the issue, but still...

#1428 12 months ago
Quoted from JDub03:

My LE arrives on Monday from FedEx freight, I used Zach at Flip N Out.

Mine too! Waiting for delivery tomorrow!!!!!

#1429 12 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Florescent yellow looks pretty great too! It matches the gold trim on the stock plastics and is a little more subdued.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So Nice, when I saw these in yellow, my first thought was, man I want the yellow playfield and green ramp covers...sure enough, you have them on your shop in that combo.

Ordered!!! Thank you much!

#1430 12 months ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Somebody asked about the green powder coating color. Here's a close up of how it looks.
The reflective foil cabinet decals and mirrored backglass are stunning in person.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was hoping the powder had some metalflake in it and not just plain green. Thanks for sharing the pics, looks just as I'd hoped on the LE.

#1431 12 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So Nice, when I saw these in yellow, my first thought was, man I want the yellow playfield and green ramp covers...sure enough, you have them on your shop in that combo.
Ordered!!! Thank you much!

Thank you!

If anybody wants a combo not listed, just order one of the kits and PM me your color choices and I’ll put together whatever combo you want.

#1432 12 months ago

Can someone please recommend a fix for my spinner? It's flown off several times and I've crimped the brackets as much as I feel comfortable with doing. I'm afraid it's going to scratch my playfield. It'll be good for awhile but eventualy flies off.

#1433 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Can someone please recommend a fix for my spinner? It's flown off several times and I've crimped the brackets as much as I feel comfortable with doing. I'm afraid it's going to scratch my playfield. It'll be good for awhile but eventualy flies off.

Is there room to bend the end like we did on zeppelin ?

#1434 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Take a pic of the spinner at rest. Bending the outer arm in, or the top part down is the answer, unless yours has another defect. A pic will make that clear.

#1435 12 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Take a pic of the spinner at rest. Bending the outer arm in, or the top part down is the answer, unless yours has another defect. A pic will make that clear.

EC819ABF-C39B-4515-B881-1E31BBE40408 (resized).jpegEC819ABF-C39B-4515-B881-1E31BBE40408 (resized).jpeg

BTW...That line on the playfield turned out to be a hair. I raced back to my pin after I saw the picture. Whew!

#1436 12 months ago

Did Stern change anything on the spinner or bracket for the LE run? Mine has only came off once in 250 plays on my Pro but it would still be nice to have a permanent fix if one is available.

#1437 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

[quoted image]
BTW...That line on the playfield turned out to be a hair. I raced back to my pin after I saw the picture. Whew!

Need to see the outside of the spinner to see the arms sticking out

#1438 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

[quoted image]

Can you do it looking at the spinner from the front? It's hard to tell from this angle what the frame looks like and how far the spinner arm is sticking through.

#1439 12 months ago

How’s this?

7529ABEC-282F-43DB-B59F-693C1FC64BF4 (resized).jpeg7529ABEC-282F-43DB-B59F-693C1FC64BF4 (resized).jpeg
#1440 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

How’s this?
[quoted image]

Better, but still a little too tight on the spinner. Shoot it from further back and a little lower so the whole spinner is visible, including where the wire comes out on the right side. Turn your phone upside down to get the lens closer to the PF if you have to.

Still, what you have seems to suggest the top of the frame is bent up too much (put a small level on it if you have one) and the right arm is bent out just a little too much. Wrap the frame in a cloth to protect it where you grab on with needlenose pliers and bend it down so it's more level on top, and then bend the outside part inward just a little bit. Remove the cloth and test.

spinner-adjust (resized).jpgspinner-adjust (resized).jpg

#1441 12 months ago

Thank you so much. I'll give it a try and report back.

#1442 12 months ago

On the LE games, the wire end of the spinner is spayed.

IMG_3619 (resized).jpegIMG_3619 (resized).jpeg
#1443 12 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

On the LE games, the wire end of the spinner is spayed.[quoted image]

I wish they would have done that with the pro. How much more cost would that have added to the BOM?

Well, after tweeking it like PinMonk suggested, I played a couple of games and concentrated on ripping the spinner. So far, so good. Fingers crossed.
Thank you, PinMonk!

#1444 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I wish they would have done that with the pro. How much more cost would that have added to the BOM?
Well, after tweeking it like PinMonk suggested, I played a couple of games and concentrated on ripping the spinner. So far, so good. Fingers crossed.
Thank you, PinMonk!

They will make the pros like that also. This was the fix.

#1445 12 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Mine too! Waiting for delivery tomorrow!!!!!

Nice buddy. Congratulations.

#1446 12 months ago

Robodog and I are going to do a a good Vs evil launch (Texas. Vs. S Cal) Foobot Vs Overloard once his premium hits. DeadFlip et al does anybody know if we can set up an event based leaderboard via insider connected to display at each home based location?

#1447 12 months ago

I’m fairly new to pinball so I don’t know what’s normal but when would we typically expect accessories like art blades, etc from Stern to come out? I know Rush accessories are coming out sometime soon and that game’s been out over a year I think.

#1448 12 months ago
Quoted from RxGolfer:

I’m fairly new to pinball so I don’t know what’s normal but when would we typically expect accessories like art blades, etc from Stern to come out? I know Rush accessories are coming out sometime soon and that game’s been out over a year I think.

Unfortunately it’s normally pretty long. A year+. Only on rare occasions have accessories been out close to release. It’s pretty crazy.

#1449 12 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Unfortunately it’s normally pretty long. A year+. Only on rare occasions have accessories been out close to release. It’s pretty crazy.

Flat out bad management of the accessories business. If that was offloaded to a 3rd party I guarantee there would be licensed accessories a LOT sooner. But Stern keeps it in-house, so all we can do is wait.

#1450 12 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Flat out bad management of the accessories business. If that was offloaded to a 3rd party I guarantee there would be licensed accessories a LOT sooner. But Stern keeps it in-house, so all we can do is wait.

Yeah, it really is and a huge missed opportunity with items that I’m sure net much greater profit margins.

I’m not saying the right window is right at launch with the cost of machines these days, but it is definitely just shortly after. A year out is far too long either way. If they sell them all it’s only because of restricted supply. Which to me also seems like an odd marketing move. Getting them out sooner could allow you to better gauge the market on a particular pin and potentially even do multiple runs on accessories as appropriate.

Seems you could find a balance on price that would net you more profits with a much higher attach rate as well. Getting 7/10 buyers to spend $300-$800 in accessories potentially.

I mean, I don’t know their numbers, so I have to give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing. From the outside looking in though it seems questionable in the least.

To your point, Monk, they at least certainly have an issue with consistency around availability etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

8,999 (Firm)
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 13,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 266.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.