PXL_20240419_205112097 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #267 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Overdrive/Ballsave behavior on a Pro Posted by Mike_M (1 year ago)

Post #890 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Spinner triggering constantly at rest fix Posted by Aniraf (1 year ago)

Post #1103 GOODIE BAG: PRO. Contents of the goodie bag on Foo Fighters Pro Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1221 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Neon Green Ball in captive ball area Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1323 TECH:SOUND. Sound improvement tips with stock setup. Posted by snaroff (1 year ago)

Post #1332 TECH:SYSTEM. Fix for frozen game after update. Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #1440 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Adjustment for spinner falling off. Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1452 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Overlord latch adjustment Posted by Westcb (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

SAM code edits were much different than the SPIKE software. I wouldn't be surprised if they added the option later for Pro owners. It was hinted in the LE reveal if I recall. Probably a $300 or more kit.

I can't personally justify the Premium price difference, but a $300-500 mod for the Deadpost in the Pro and I'd be in.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I wanted to wait to play Foo until it got delivered at home, but it turned out I couldn't wait. I was near a location that had it and couldn't resist the temptation to stop in and play a couple games today. Busy location with lots of noise so I couldn't hear much, but I loved the game. Fun smooth shots and great flow. It's gonna be fun getting to know this game.
I don't know if there's a name for that far left shot, but I'm calling it the Squiggle Shot (TM Eaglepin lol). Shooting far left and having the ball zip back across the playfield and up and around to set up the upper flipper is so cool. Keeps you on your toes in multiball too. And that upper flipper really rips, and stringing a couple squiggle shot-side ramp combos together is a lot of fun. Can't wait for mine to get here.

It’s seriously one of the raddest shots in current pinball, right? I believe Stern documentation is referring to it as the “left crossover” shot, but I’ll gladly join team eaglepin here and call it the Squiggle Shot!

1 week later
#263 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I’m always surprised how much love JP (great game) gets considering how difficult it is for novices.

This has also been my experience. People who come over gravitate to JP because it's a recognizable theme, and they get early joy out of starting T-Rex multiball. I don't think they have expectations of being good at pinball, so the difficulty doesn't really factor in.

If you have to choose one, I say hold onto JP for a bit longer if you generally host casuals and then pick up FF down the road - it's gonna be in production awhile. But if it's just you and you're a Foo fan, FF is probably the pick.

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

EDIT/ Update 2... - I figured it out. You get the Overdrive save only if you raise the left flipper AFTER the ball rolls over the left outlane switch. AND... it kicks a ball from the trough as soon as you raise the left flipper- so installing a dead post in a pro will cause 2 balls to end up on the playfield.
Not raising the left flipper at all or doing it before it hits the left outlane switch results in a virtual ball save but no overdrive bonus.
Confused yet?
-----------------
EDIT/Update... Now I'm not so sure. I kept testing this a bunch after I posted the original below and it did seem to start kicking a ball out of the trough as soon as it hit the left outlane switch on occasion.... should be cut and dry but now I'm confused.... wonder if it matters if the left flipper is held up before or after it rolls over that switch?
------------------
I just uploaded a quick video showing the "theoretical" behavior of what would happen if a Pro had a dead save post with the current code. TL:DR - It does not automatically kick a ball from the trough, so the issue of having two balls in the playfield at the same time does not seem to exist.

One thing I'm not sure about though... did I not get the bonus for holding up the left flipper when it drained down the left outlane?
One other note- If the regular ball save (not overdrive) is still lit when you do this, it will auto-shoot a ball from the trough as soon as the ball passes over the left outlane switch.

If two balls go onto the playfield and you intentionally let one drain, are you still alive or does your ball end?

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Game play continues if you intentionally let one drain. So it would sort of be like an unintentional 2 ball multi-ball.
The dead post is just a standard Stern part. I'm tempted just to install it and wire to the proper connector on node 8 just to see what happens. I suppose it would be easier to just measure voltage across that pin pair (it's Node 8 CN7, pins 1 and 2) while an overdrive event is active to see what happens.

So you could try to Deadpost, and if successful let a ball drain to keep yourself honest? Sign me up.

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Here’s something I noticed yesterday while playing my premium. I was in New Orleans mode and I hit the Overlord as the first shot. That lit the Overlord again as per the rules. I hit him again, it stayed lit at that point. A third hit finished the mode. Now the weird thing was I hadn’t started New Orleans before and three shots to finish that mode isn’t the usual. I’m going to try it again tonight and see if I can replicate it.
Also, I got to D.C. last night. Finished three cities and chose D.C. because I had seen Austin on a stream. 6 ball multiball! Crazy fun.
Also, I got an award on insider for finishing all 6 cities which wasn’t correct because I had only finished three. I’m guessing the insider code hadn’t changed yet from when Austin was the only first mini-wizard mode and D.C. was second.

Have you finished all 6 cities in separate games? Sometimes IC keeps lifetime goals like that.

#662 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Did a quick fix to help the poor plastic from taking the full force of the ball hit. Installed some stainless on the top with a gel for some colour.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please sell and add me to the list

#903 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Still processing.
Committed to a premium waiting
But parameters have really shifted.
I am genuinely on the fence trying to figure this out.
The possibilities atm seem more on the pro…
Granted expression lights EL are Prem/LE
But also a guaranteed future added expense of around $800CAD

Kinda depends on how long you plan on keeping the game. I bought Rush, put 1500 games on it, and sold it before expression lighting was ever released.

I also kinda think expression lighting isn't as essential on this one because it's not a "concert" pin. The adventure theme keeps it closer to Iron Maiden, and I play the crap out of that game without expression lighting.

#1075 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Officially in the club!
Got it from Aaron at San Diego Amusements SDAmusements and it was a fantastic experience from start to finish. I could not recommend a distributor more.
[quoted image]

Congrats! You must've gotten in before me, I'm (im)patiently waiting for mine from Aaron as well. Gonna be fun!

#1209 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Wasn't a fan of the burnt orange so swapped the molding for purple.
[quoted image]

Oh I really like this. What color for bottom flippers? I've been torn on how to color scheme this one.

#1374 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I think Foo green is my fave so far.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

+1, super cohesive with the art

#1511 1 year ago

Just realized that a neon green powerball might look cool as a replacement for the captive ball, similar to what people did for Ghostbusters.

Screenshot_20230424_140612_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230424_140612_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I used the neon green one mezelmods sell and it looks right at home there. Better than the steel one for this theme, IMO.
[quoted image]

Yeah this is sweet. Any other spots that sell these besides Mezel? They appear to be out of stock.

1 week later
#2164 11 months ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

First mod on the pro - installed the van instead of the plastic. Super easy to swap out. Ramp comes off with one nut and just one molex to disconnect. Reuse the screw holding the plastic onto the ramp for the model, plug it in to the same connector and good to go! Next will be getting the overlord installed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! Apologies if I'm behind but did you make this or is it for sale somewhere (or both)?

#2410 11 months ago
Quoted from Vaughn:

This is going to go down as the most ripped off premium/le ever … first it’s the deadpost mod ripoff… now pinball life is selling factory sculpts to pro owners. Big ole middle finger to the premium and LE buyers. Thanks for protecting your buyers stern. Glad I got the benefit of getting to buy expression lights lol.

I dunno, hard to really tell if the van and overlord will be in high supply from those other retailers. I think it'll be people getting lucky on short stock.

1 week later
#3278 11 months ago

What is the value right now in passing on a van mode? And do you have to relight van if you pass?

#3284 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

It's basically if you want to keep upgrading your van mods before going into a mode. If you pass, the van will remain blinking for you next left ramp shot to go back into mode selection.

Makes a ton of sense, thank you!

#3421 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

New song this morning.

Also for the inclined, the band is doing a livestream on Sunday...playing new tunes...new drummer.
https://foofighters.veeps.com/

Liking this one much better than the previous single. Almost has some "There Is Nothing Left To Lose" production value. Thanks for the heads up on the live stream!

#3446 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Sorta like how in Deadpool you have mech suit mutlball, but no indication on the playfield that any such thing exists. I wonder if we can get things like this added?

I kinda hope so. Bot Frenzy just has the blue arrow pointing to the van shot lit when it's ready - maybe they can set it up like that with different colors.

#3452 11 months ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Prob won’t happen but I’d love to see songs from the new album put in the game. Especially at the beginning when you pick your song.

I would take all current songs being available at game start.

#3508 11 months ago

In the club with a pro and could not be more pumped. On reveal I was a little concerned that the modes would be too long, but the code fixes up to this point have me quite satisfied. Great variety of objectives, and I can't help but dance when the beginning of Bot Frenzy starts.

Still not entirely sure some of the rules line up with what I am experiencing in game (first shot hit on New Orleans doesn't always unlight everything else, for example), and the right ramp is destroying me in a good way, but it's pure fun overall. Can't wait to see where this game ends up because it's killer as is.

#3511 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Upgrading the van weapon makes the modes almost too easy. You can literally come into a mode and need to make 1 shot to finish it if you have the van weapon maxed out before entering.

Yeah, I think the shortest I've gotten a mode down to so far is 3 shots. It's a nice gimme to start the game like "We've Got One" on Ghostbusters, but I've also had plenty of chaotic drains trying to chase the van upgrades, too. I'm actually surprised at how fun I've found that element of the layout - I figured I'd just let the modulator paddle happen occasionally, and yet here I am spamming it to open every game.

#3530 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If the drops are down, often it will ricochet off the paddle to the Rami U turn.

This has been one of the most surprising shots for me - hadn't really experienced it on location before getting my pin home - and I find it wonderfully satisfying.

I know it's still the honeymoon phase, but this pin is phenomenal. I think the only thing I could hope to see in a later code update is making all songs available at the start. I'd really love to jump into Breakout, Learn To Fly, Run, or Something From Nothing from the get-go.

#3577 11 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

2) now when I play other pins, every time the ball drains out the left lane, I lift my left flipper expecting overdrive ball save LMAO

Lol I even do this on the right outlane drain on FF

#3729 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

10-ball mini-clinics or bust.
There are no scores. All that matters is the shots. 10 ball clinics in succession will make you better. Pick a shot and keep hitting only that shot as much as possible. Think golf driving range.
Put in your 10,000 balls to become an expert.
...okay, maybe just less frustrated is a better goal.

Man, maybe need to do this with the right ramp. I'm so inconsistent on that one so far. Toughest shot in the game imo.

#3758 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I didn’t know we were signing up for Pokémon .I really hope Stern is working on some “big boy” ways to use IC . I like the quests for the games ,but would love to see some on line ,head to head options .Who cares if some people pull the glass to cheat ,it’s not like they’re giving out prizes or anything .I’d also like to be able to have private tournaments between say 12 people you know where everyone is playing at the same time and brackets are kept updated with who’s moving on .Just like March Madness .Has anyone heard anything in what lies ahead ?
[quoted image]

As someone who works for an app, I can say that it can sometimes be difficult to balance building things that are cool versus building things that will scale. I wouldn't expect private tournaments to be a major use case of IC, so that doesn't really scale. Not trying to be a downer, just speaking from the position of knowing people want specific features but being realisitic about how many people will actually use said features when it comes time to build a feature roadmap.

#3771 11 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

I think some people care a lot about this and other people don’t care at all. Either is fine.
If you’re using IC to get motivation for practice, for leagues and tournaments, it’s awesome to have that motivation a streak gives you. If you are just playing for fun, ignore it.

Will admit that the streak had me hooked for a bit lol. Think I got to 120 days over the winter. Breaking it was actually kinda freeing.

#3778 11 months ago

Got one part away from Foobot tonight - I thought my playfield was missing the right arm light, but I am pretty confident I started Bot Frenzy (I think I missed the Area 51 super for the head). Maybe a lighting bug, but not sure I'll be able to replicate lol.

Either way, I'm really liking the code on this so far. I'm getting far enough to where I feel like my skills from 3 years of playing consistently are being rewarded, but challenged enough to keep coming back without being demoralized. Reminds me far more of Maiden in that regard than Rush, which I'm very thankful for. Having a blast.

#3848 11 months ago

I'm no tournament player, but for some reason this game is clicking with me. Finally hit Foobot tonight and didn't do much with it but was still pumped.

I'll be curious to see if they bork extra balls on this game - I'm finding I can get 2 on any decent game. I have zero problem with that, I like feeling like a good player. But I could see the hardcore thinking it's too easy. I love it.

20230521_200438 (resized).jpg20230521_200438 (resized).jpg
#3962 11 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Anyone noticing the Foo bot right arm not qualifying after starting not frenzy? I got bot frenzy twice today and neither time did the right arm start flashing. The first one was 40mil+ so that should have even been the upgrade. I’ve gotten Foo bot once before so I know it has lit just not sure why it’s not now.

Yes! Saw it the other night - wondering if code is mapping the objective to the wrong light.

#4103 11 months ago

Pretty sure I was awarded the left leg of the Foobot after I completed New Orleans on my second visit. Reported it to Stern, but curious if anyone else has seen this.

#4123 11 months ago

Re: shooting the white arrows - I feel it's actually easier to get back into modes on FF vs. starting new ones on IMDN or JP. Spinner > ramp > spinner does it a lot of times. I'd almost rather be out of modes more often! Combotron should be rad, like others have said - I haven't really focused on it too much yet.

1 week later
#4646 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

work on building the van upgrades (drop target bank) before starting a mode and finishing modes will become easier and more lucrative. You can work out which shots are good safer shots to hit the mono target and quickly build the upgrades. And of course picking a mode that has the shots you feel comfortable hitting.
Understanding the drop target rules is a game changer on this one

It actually blows my mind that the geometry from left flipper backhand -> paddle target -> upper part of the crossover shot can work and feed cleanly to the upper flipper. It's so money when you hit it right, but can also be super dangerous if you miss. Love it. The drops are so fun.

1 week later
#5135 10 months ago

Was playing like hot trash earlier tonight, then finally settled down. Honestly feel like I haven't even had my best game yet - this was without Foobot, which I've only hit one or twice. But it felt good to cross the 1B threshold.

Loving this game, although it is taking a bit of the shine off the rest of our collection.

20230613_214835 (resized).jpg20230613_214835 (resized).jpg
#5159 10 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

I’m kind of bummed that there’s overlap between the selectable songs and the songs in other modes. Like the way Monkey Wrench & Pretender are both overlord multiball songs but also in the van’s selectable cassette library. Same with Times Like These & Holding Poison in Austin & DC. Not sure what the music is for some other modes like FooBot or Combotron multiballs are.
It would be great if they could add some more!

I hear ya, but this is pretty standard fare for Stern music pins - a handful of included songs are modes, the rest are multiballs/side quests, and you get to pick whatever you want at the start of the game.

My preference would actually be if we could pick from ALL of the songs at the beginning instead of being limited to 8. There are some killer mode songs that I would love to listen to more frequently.

#5163 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You got spoiled from the Rush you used to have..

And the IMDN I currently have

1 month later
#6838 8 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Anyone else think it would be much better for most of us if you can qualify the first mini wizzard with 2 cities and say A51jP or OLmb or something as a third qualifier ? I just think since we have to finish the cities (no timing out) this would lead to a lot more fun .I have sooo many games stuck at 2 .Yeah I know , play better ,yadda yadda I have been playing a lot and this is who I am right now .

I think with the van mods and generosity of extra balls that 3 is pretty reasonable for the mini wizards. Still feels like an achievement, but with a long way to go to do it all again.

The one that's been toughest for me is Foobot. Got there in the first couple weeks of ownership and have gone cold since. It's been a minute since I've started Sonic Radio, too - need to put a little focus back into hitting those milestones more often.

1 month later
#8161 7 months ago

Got my top wishlist item with this update (all tracks selectable). Pretty stoked! Gonna be fun to dive in tonight.

#8196 7 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

from pitchforks to
[quoted image]

Get it done right vs get it done fast: generally a winning strategy

3 months later
#9940 3 months ago

Put me in the camp of being pretty satisfied with the code.

Different strats available by going for the van modulator or just crushing through cities? Cool.

Fun multiballs and achievable, but not gimme, mini wizards? Yup.

Combos to chase, bunch of skill shots, etc etc.

Could there be more callouts? Sure. And I'll admit that a couple modes, especially New York and New Orleans, can feel a bit same-y if you spam the spinner. But the layout keeps me coming back to this one, as does the elusive FooBot multiball. I'm obviously excited for the code to be complete, but I also think it's damn fun as is.

#9995 3 months ago

I think the weakest part of the game is how you have to spam the Overlord so many times to get all 3 multiballs - it's incredibly Rush time machine and I rarely do it. Think I've hit Monkey Wrench two or three times and not sure I've ever gotten to Pretender. I know it's supposed to be a dangerous shot, but another poster called the process tedious and I could not agree more. Would love to see changes to how those MBs are structured.

#10034 3 months ago

Wasn't Goat Mania in JP originally topper locked and now it just requires IC login? I'm not a topper guy, so no clue if Stern has completely topper-locked other modes since.

1 week later
#10158 3 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

I really hope with the code that when Area 51 multiball starts you get that total lights out, flippers stop, balls drain, sound of war / Area 51 siren and flashing lighting effect before all the balls are launched into action like the ghostbusters storage multiball - it never gets old and gives you a cool buzz. Even if the game paused and drained all the balls for that lighting and sound moment with the volume just a little louder - would just be fricking cool

Or just qualify Area 51 on the right ramp/upper PF and start it on the left like you do van modes. Would give them the opportunity to build that moment, for sure.

#10219 3 months ago

Imo almost all of the modes have a narrative structure, just have to connect the dots.

LA/Learn to Fly/Ramps = flying
Chicago/Something From Nothing = don't let the reformatting spread
NOLA/I'll Stick Around = bots everywhere, bash a couple in a row
Seattle/This Is A Call = hit the shots from right to left to send the call out and defeat the bots
Roswell/Run = The band (orange) running from Overlord (green)

The only one that is meh to me is NY. I think they've done a great job making something from nothing (badum tsh) on this game and folks here are just impatient for polish (rightfully so).

#10304 89 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The wait is starting to wear on me and I’m normally pretty laid back.

Lol same. I've been (and still will be) banging the "code is good!" drum but it would be nice to get it all the way there.

#10364 88 days ago

Look on the bright side: We may not have code all the way there yet, but the Overlord lock is the ball-eating shark that Jaws fans never got. Makes you think.

1 month later
#11787 42 days ago

Nice update! Really enjoying the combotron, and the callouts for when bot awards have been earned and the UFO are ready are great. I could do without the shatz target and spinner callouts, but all in all these are nice additions.

#11891 42 days ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

The spinner levels has been mentioned, and I agree that’s a bit much.
Personally I think the van upgrades callouts are unneccesary. When I hit the modulator paddle and upgrade the van, and I dont really need to hear a whole thing about exactly which level I got up to. I mean that’s something I can easily see right in front of me based on the colors.

Things I would keep (not exhaustive):

- Engine mod announcement
- Bot award announcement
- PF multiplier announcement
- Complete combo prompts/celebrations

Things I would remove/dramatically reduce:

- "Next shot 2x" from the raygun targets
- Spinner level announcements

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens?tu=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.