(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 49.
#2251 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Jesus is a hetero action star who took the role knowing the character was gay. Yet there were no to little overt signs of this persuasion during the seasons. He spoke the right pc mantra in interviews, yet,right when the natural evolution would have him expand a male relationship they kill him off.
Just a guess but I think he resisted it and Kang killed him off.

Dude you need to stop watching TV. All it does is annoy you that every single person isn't a white straight person.

It's pretty much all you post about.

#2252 5 years ago

I believe the actor (Jesus) told the producers something along the lines of "I wouldn't mind being killed off". That seems like a subtle hint that he's unhappy and that if they wanted a cohesive break to plan on writing in his departure.

#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Jesus is a hetero action star who took the role knowing the character was gay. Yet there were no to little overt signs of this persuasion during the seasons. He spoke the right pc mantra in interviews, yet,right when the natural evolution would have him expand a male relationship they kill him off.
Just a guess but I think he resisted it and Kang killed him off.

relationship with Aaron? I think he is supposedly the other gay dude who lost his boyfriend..

#2254 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

relationship with Aaron? I think he is supposedly the other gay dude who lost his boyfriend..

No that was Tara...

#2255 5 years ago

Aaron is a gay character, but I forgot about Tara too...show may be diverse enough for Levi.

1 week later
#2256 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude you need to stop watching TV. All it does is annoy you that every single person isn't a white straight person.
It's pretty much all you post about.

You are making a lot of assumptions concerning my race,where I was born, sexual persuasion etc. As far as I know, you don't know squat. What you could do is stop responding to my Posts, I don't like you and have little interest in what you have to say,which 9 times out of 10 is ignorant.
Thanks!

2 months later
#2257 5 years ago

Love that grin. (:

CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpegCD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg

#2258 5 years ago

Not much buzz about the return. Glad to see more negan, personally.

#2259 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Not much buzz about the return. Glad to see more negan, personally.

Negan stalked by a little girl with a hand cannon... starting to stretch it a bit.

#2260 5 years ago

Judith was the only bright spot...

#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Judith was the only bright spot...

She coulda’ gotta be a hero, but so coulda’ Carl ... and Rick , and Maggie, and Jesus, and Negan. Just sayin.

#2262 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Negan stalked by a little girl with a hand cannon... starting to stretch it a bit.

Just pull the trigger already!!

#2263 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Just pull the trigger already!!

If she did, it’d probably break her wrist.

rd

#2264 5 years ago

She pulled the trigger

#2265 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

She pulled the trigger

And missed. Another chance in about 30 min. Bet she won't get another chance. (:

#2267 5 years ago

Very slow episode. The next episode will probably go off to a side story dealing with the kingdom or hilltop to slow it down further.

#2268 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Very slow episode. The next episode will probably go off to a side story dealing with the kingdom or hilltop to slow it down further.

Maybe, but bald chick wants to deal for her daughter!! Could get interesting...

#2269 5 years ago

I want my daughter!

OK. Here.

#2270 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Maybe, but bald chick wants to deal for her daughter!! Could get interesting...

What happened to the full auto weapons? All standing there in a row. Deal solved.

#2271 5 years ago

Oh, maybe I fell asleep during the part, but what happened to that 50 cal Ma Deuce?

You can skip down to about 3:40... nuf said.

#2272 5 years ago

I want my daughter!
OK. Here.

Correct. But the show is TRYING to create a BS conflict storyline so that turning her over isn't that easy. What I think is that the show is rolling out the girl Lydia's backstory in conjunction with Carol's sons BS, both working to pull Daryl into the 'she a good person in a bad situation' arc, with Daryl having to do the right thing and protect this girl from her crazy mom. OMG. The show amazes me for how bad it can be. Daryl has been through so much BS already that he should have no problem saying this is not my problem and do a simple exchange with all guns drawn. I hope I'm wrong and that IS what happens... but i think Lydia is gonna want to make this difficult.

The writers have this huge chessboard of different pieces and can't figure out which ones need to be moved...and which should be left alone... The Jesus character was a COMPLETE waste in the story. The writers are all over the place and have totally lost focus on the main characters. They better redeem themselves and show the viewers why Negan has hung around ALL THESE YEARS...

#2273 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Oh, maybe I fell asleep during the part, but what happened to that 50 cal Ma Deuce?
You can skip down to about 4:20... nuf said.

4:00 "That is what the f*ck I am talking about."

#2274 5 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Correct. But the show is TRYING to create a BS conflict storyline so that turning her over isn't that easy. What I think is that the show is rolling out the girl Lydia's backstory in conjunction with Carol's sons BS... but i think Lydia is gonna want to make this difficult.

Lydia is a borderline personality disorder trapped in the dysfunction of a family that wears zombie face masks...
Either that or she's one heck of a sociopathic manipulator. Take her out either way.

#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Correct. But the show is TRYING to create a BS conflict storyline so that turning her over isn't that easy. What I think is that the show is rolling out the girl Lydia's backstory in conjunction with Carol's sons BS, both working to pull Daryl into the 'she a good person in a bad situation' arc, with Daryl having to do the right thing and protect this girl from her crazy mom. OMG. The show amazes me for how bad it can be. Daryl has been through so much BS already that he should have no problem saying this is not my problem and do a simple exchange with all guns drawn. I hope I'm wrong and that IS what happens... but i think Lydia is gonna want to make this difficult.
The writers have this huge chessboard of different pieces and can't figure out which ones need to be moved...and which should be left alone... The Jesus character was a COMPLETE waste in the story. The writers are all over the place and have totally lost focus on the main characters. They better redeem themselves and show the viewers why Negan has hung around ALL THESE YEARS...

I suspect that a big part of the problem is the unpredictable nature of actors and their wanting to leave or demand more money. It is also based on a comic book so some things likely don't work well in film and the shows writers have gone off on their own tangents from the comic which has also often been because of certain actors wanting out or needing to be forced out. Still, what we are seeing as an end result is often leaving many of us saying such and such could have been done or written so much better or more realistically/believable.

#2276 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I suspect that a big part of the problem is the unpredictable nature of actors and their wanting to leave or demand more money

Why can't Tara be one of those actors?

#2277 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Why can't Tara be one of those actors?

She is not British?

#2278 5 years ago

Good news! Lots of other shows to try(too many really--people are spoiled with expectations):

TVSHOWS (resized).pngTVSHOWS (resized).png
#2279 5 years ago

For TWD to succeed, we have to care, and we have to be afraid.
If we dont care about the characters, we dont care if they are in Peril or they die.
If we are saturated with Zombies, and we arent scared, they might as well be vicious chickens.

It feels like a slow moving trainwreck, with scraps of enjoyment, but Im addicted, happy, and it fills Sunday Night.

#2280 5 years ago

I think they'll lose people once their movie starring Rick is exclusive to their AMC premiere streaming service.

#2281 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

vicious chickens.

Netflix would make that show. Pitch it!

#2282 5 years ago

Lydia: "blah, blah, blah"
Darryl: "You're lying!"
Lydia: "My mom killed my dad." *tear*
Darryl: "You poor thing, I'll protect you."

Me:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#2283 5 years ago

Couldn't stop thinking of this....

#2284 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

For TWD to succeed, we have to care, and we have to be afraid.
If we dont care about the characters, we dont care if they are in Peril or they die.
If we are saturated with Zombies, and we arent scared, they might as well be vicious chickens.
It feels like a slow moving trainwreck, with scraps of enjoyment, but Im addicted, happy, and it fills Sunday Night.

I have to say that after just shy of a decade, the characters that remain from the original group are doing pretty well to maintain direction. Most of the new survivors to join the clan just aren't that interesting to me. It's been a superstar to stay with it for 9 seasons so I have to give TWD a big thumbs up.
Yes, I agree totally that it fills Sunday nights... Sometimes I may have vinyl playing and watching it in the background but it is always on. (:

#2285 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I have to say that after just shy of a decade, the characters that remain from the original group are doing pretty well to maintain direction. Most of the new survivors to join the clan just aren't that interesting to me. It's been a superstar to stay with it for 9 seasons so I have to give TWD a big thumbs up.
Yes, I agree totally that it fills Sunday nights... Sometimes I may have vinyl playing and watching it in the background but it is always on. (:

The only ones left from season 1 are Carol, Daryl, and Morgan.

#2286 5 years ago

Well, Morgan isn't on the main show anymore. Carol hasn't been interesting to me for a long time. Daryl is really the last character I feel invested in.

#2287 5 years ago

And Morgan's gone too.....

#2288 5 years ago

I do still watch, I agree it fills Sunday nights, but I'm usually poking around on the internet or getting some work done while we "watch".

The show has devolved. The writing is awful. There are too many liberties taken to move along the half-baked plot. I have practically 0 confidence that the show will improve, because the show runners are so smug whenever they show their face on Talking Dead. They feel like they've created a franchise, and in many ways they have. I'll bet money they plan on releasing another spin-off and the Rick movies on their AMC Premiere service, exclusively.

AMC just seems very poorly run. They caught wind with a couple of series, but neither one of them has felt like more than a decent cable TV show. It's an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Breaking Bad was anything more than OK (outside of Bryan Cranston and a couple of select others), and definitely not near the level of quality or brilliance as something like Sopranos or The Wire.

I don't need TWD to be on that level, I just need the characters to face real problems in a world infected by zombies, make decisions grounded in reality, and face the consequences accordingly. I would also like one of those problems to be zombies.

#2289 5 years ago

Well, Morgan isn't on the main show anymore. Carol hasn't been interesting to me for a long time. Daryl is really the last character I feel invested in.

I wouldn't be surprised if Morgan pops up again on TWD. On Fear he stated that he needed to get back to Alexandria.

#2290 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Couldn't stop thinking of this....

Cant ever have enough Marx Brothers! And yes, Id love a Marx Brothers Pin!

#2291 5 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

4:00 "That is what the f*ck I am talking about."

And the .50 cal couldn't stop Rick's jeep! YEAH right.... would have ripped it apart.
But then it is a fantasy series... (:

#2292 5 years ago

Ok. Watched the first two episodes of the new series.

I’m done. It’s just shit now.

It’s off “series link” on the recorder.

I’ll use the time to fix more pinball machines instead.

rd

#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Haven’t watched an episode all the way through now in a few months. Good background video.

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Haven’t watched an episode all the way through now in a few months. Good background video.

Seriously, I watch very little TV now anyway.

The stuff we do watch, we will binge watch it, all the shows in a row. Things like GOT, that’s the only way you can remember all the stuff that’s going on.

That’s why Netflix (etc) is so good. You can sit down and smash 4 episodes of Narcos in a row. Then next night, another 4. Whole series is done in a few nights.

It’s making the “one episode a week” model from yesteryear totally redundant.

rd

#2295 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s off “series link” on the recorder.
I’ll use the time to fix more pinball machines instead.
rd

Correct. Sad. Accurate assessment of the current state of the Walking Dead.
I've never been more disappointed in the evolution of a TV Series.

#2296 5 years ago

That's true, the delayed release is proving to be a little archaic. A lot of people don't even watch the show while it's on normal TV, and wait until they can DVR and fast forward through all the commercials and not be left on cliffhangers for a week.

#2297 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I've never been more disappointed in the evolution of a TV Series.

It happens with most TV series.

They just go on too long ... they run out of ideas, or the original writers leave, and the new writers suck.

Very few series finish while they’re still in their prime.

rd

#2298 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Cant ever have enough Marx Brothers! And yes, Id love a Marx Brothers Pin!

Problem is no one but us old farts know who the Marx Bros. are!!

#2299 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It happens with most TV series.
They just go on too long ... they run out of ideas, or the original writers leave, and the new writers suck.
Very few series finish while they’re still in their prime.
rd

I'll never forget The Fugitive when he finally found the 1 armed man. America watched. No Netflix to watch that one later.
Mash was another. 11 seasons and ended with a great finale.

#2300 5 years ago

Shows about to start.
Question to be answered.. are they out of bullets? Ohh it’s knife to the head.

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.