(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#987 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

We all want Daryl to fake it just so he can get close enough to do something (and stop getting crappy food)

I dunno .. those dog food bread rolls were looking pretty sweet!

rd

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Is it just me or does Negan look like Freddy Mercury?

I tell ya what ... for people stuck in a zombie apocalypse, the cast of TWD sure have nice teeth.

rd

#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

And hair. Coral and the bunch look like they have blow-dryers.

Lucky for them that Zombies aren't hungry for toothpaste or hair products.

rd

#1013 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I'm growing tired of the show and wished it centered around Negan since I'm only enjoying when he is on.

Im getting tired of it too ... but because of Negan. His character seems contrived and overdone (yes, I know it's a show about zombies...) His dialogue is reaaally tiresome.

His "concept" is flawed. How could you create an empire with a baseball bat when everyone else has guns? Baseball bat has a 4 foot range. A guns range is slightly more than 4 foot. Someone would have shot him in the face by now. And he must get really hot wearing the Fonz' leather jacket out in the sun like that.

When Negans bunch showed up at Ricks place last night, they were all standing in a tight bunch in a bottleneck. They should have all been shot in <60 seconds. Problem solved.

But then they'd need to come up with another villain to fill up the series.

rd

#1015 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I wish Rick would of smacked him in the head with his bat and told the rest of his crew he was the boss now.

Exxxxxxxactly!

rd

#1037 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

They didn't kill Negan and his crew because they're vastly outnumbered by them, outgunned

They weren't last night. Rick had a whole truck load of guns (key word ... HAD) at his disposal, there were 20 people standing at the gate in a bunch. All his main guys too. At a quick guess, Rick had 20 people in the church at his meeting.

Opportunity squandered.

Could have been the shortest series ever.

rd

2 weeks later
#1061 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Is Carl getting Laid?

Quoted from Taxman:

he is in the back of the Savior's truck with Jesus

Jesus had a little glint in his eye ... so maybe ...

rd

#1118 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've got to start watching Westworld. Will have to wait until it streams or is released on blu-ray though.

That's the only way to do it.

I was a late starter for TWD and GOT so I was able to sit down and smash through the box sets on BluRay which I can get from the public library for $5 a week. We would sit down and watch 2-3 episodes a night.

Watching the new TWD series "in real time" on TV is torturous. We have it shown here same day as the US on free to air tv. The ads are killing me. And how do you wait a week between episodes? You forget what the hell is going on!

No way I could watch GOT like that .. there are so many plot lines and characters you'd just forget what the hell was happening and it'd be a big jumble. "Who's that dude again?"

rd

1 week later
#1155 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Is that a "I thought it was Jesus" because I read the comic and that's what happened? I don't want comic knowledge and realistically Jesus couldn't have pulled it off regardless

I don't think it was Jesus because he would have just opened the door and led him out ... not stuck a note under the door.

Odds on it was Ironed-face or his Mrs.

I think Ironed-face has had enough of Negan banging his Mrs.

rd

2 months later
#1246 7 years ago

Did anyone see the Smokey and the Bandit trailer in tonights episode?

So cool.

rd

IMG_4329 (resized).JPGIMG_4329 (resized).JPG

#1248 7 years ago

Those weirdos from the junk yard ...

Those scenes reminded me of the original Star Trek, when Kirk and the guys would beam down to the planets with all the weird people around. The way it was filmed was just like 60s Star Trek.

Maybe another throwback ... two in one episode.

rd

#1249 7 years ago

Dupe

#1254 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

The junkyard scenes were almost unbearable to watch. When they showed Rick with a bunch of junkyard in the background , it didn't look professional at all . Green screen special.

Exactly ... it was so bad, it almost looked like it was done that way on purpose, like a tip of the hat to the old sci fi stuff.

rd

IMG_4331 (resized).JPGIMG_4331 (resized).JPG

#1260 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Anybody else see the plane or whatever fly by Rick's head in that scene?

Illuminati confirmed!

rd

#1262 7 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

There was no homage being paid to 60s sci fi or Star Trek.....it literally just sucked.

Brutal!

rd

1 week later
#1281 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

So no comments on the Eugene episode? Looks like he turned 180 fast and for real.

He is just putting it on to save his ass ... same as he did right back in the beginning when he told everyone he had the cure for the disease and had to get to DC.

rd

#1290 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They would be immobilized then...unable to turn head and snap at people, unable to move arm and grab. Seems like it'll be just a walker fence with walkers unable to attack. It will look cool, seems like nonsense for a defense. You'd be better off fitting spikes or razor wire.

And wouldn't the liquid metal melt them?

Presumably its steel or iron scrap of some sort, the melting point of iron is around 1250 degrees Celsius (over 2200F) so I'm pretty sure you'd have some melted walkers.

Well, we saw what happens when you throw a doctor into a normal open fire in last nights episode.

rd

1 week later
#1296 7 years ago

Not a bad episode last night ...

But how bad was the CGI of the deer in the old fairgrounds? It was all on a funky angle!

It was pictured as a big, tan colour deer ... then a minute later, when the walkers cleared from the carcass, it was a tiny brown baby deer.

Still don't trust those bad haircut munters in the junk yard. Why'd you want to give those whackos a bunch of automatic weapons?

rd

1 year later
#2217 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If suddenly 50% of the population or more was dead, as it appears they portray on the show, then certainly there would be tons of nice houses and beds to sleep in.

Another thing - the first episode this season, they trundled into Washington and got a wagon. Looked pretty deserted. Why didn’t they stay there? Surely there are more resources there than where they are out in the country? And maybe some other people with some answers? Remember back in the beginning the goal was to get to DC, and they got finally there, and then buggered off again.

The the bridge dynamite - surely that would have blown Rick 50 yards backwards down the road - not forward and sideways and into the river. Physics are angry with that result.

Then when the huge loud helicopter arrived just a short distance away, not one of the 20 people by the bridge heard it or saw it?

rd

3 months later
#2263 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Just pull the trigger already!!

If she did, it’d probably break her wrist.

rd

#2292 5 years ago

Ok. Watched the first two episodes of the new series.

I’m done. It’s just shit now.

It’s off “series link” on the recorder.

I’ll use the time to fix more pinball machines instead.

rd

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Haven’t watched an episode all the way through now in a few months. Good background video.

Seriously, I watch very little TV now anyway.

The stuff we do watch, we will binge watch it, all the shows in a row. Things like GOT, that’s the only way you can remember all the stuff that’s going on.

That’s why Netflix (etc) is so good. You can sit down and smash 4 episodes of Narcos in a row. Then next night, another 4. Whole series is done in a few nights.

It’s making the “one episode a week” model from yesteryear totally redundant.

rd

#2297 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I've never been more disappointed in the evolution of a TV Series.

It happens with most TV series.

They just go on too long ... they run out of ideas, or the original writers leave, and the new writers suck.

Very few series finish while they’re still in their prime.

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.