(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 49.
#2351 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I thought this second half of a season has been great. My only complaint is that there are still too many characters. I don't know how they can totally shrink the world down, but it's not good when I don't think I could name half the characters at this point.

Good point! I agree. The show seems to be showing good improvement but I too am having problems following all the folks now floating around.
Or... maybe it's cause I fell asleep through so many of the last and first of this season..

#2352 5 years ago

Probably the best episode in a long time, IMO.

#2353 5 years ago

It's tough, because in order to progress the story into some type of an end point they almost have to start developing this larger world. Unless they are going for some type of deus ex machina, which I think would be unsatisfying for most viewers. Outside of that, they need a world that is rebuilding, which means a series of interconnected communities with commerce. This larger world naturally needs more individuals. I think that's fine, but they have separated out the main group. We now have characters we have been committed to for many seasons in multiple locations, each mixed in with new characters. At this point, I honestly don't know who's important. They need to refocus the story on a new core group. My preference would be to focus 75% of the show on this one core group and just have 25% of the focus on the current characters our core group is interacting with.

#2354 5 years ago

Really surprised that no one has commented on the season finale yet.

#2355 5 years ago

Nothing to comment about. They should have called the talking heads episode the finale IMO.

Whatta waste of an hour and 10 minutes last night...

#2356 5 years ago

That show last night was pretty bad.

It could have been a Christmas special.

You could insert any song from any Christmas movie over that snow ball fight.

Daryl using the icicle on that walker through the eye reminded me of Ralphie... 'An icicle, fell off the roof...'

Neagan's heart grew three sizes that day!

Spoiler alert - Terrible episode.

#2357 5 years ago

If there is one thing I like about TWD its the way they introduce a character.. you get used to them, know them.. then boom they are dead. No other show does that.

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If there is one thing I like about TWD its the way they introduce a character.. you get used to them, know them.. then boom they are dead. No other show does that.

My wife and I have gotten really good at calling when a character is gonna die. Ooo, a one-off character with a little extra little scene in an attempt to make you care about them? dead.

We watch both Walking Dead and Talking Dead. The Exec Producer was on last night. Everyone pats themselves on the back at every opportunity.. but she annoyed me further when she revealed some comic spoilers that have implications into next season. Avoid that if you hate spoilers as much as I do.

Last night's episode highlights what southerners think winter is like, which was pretty funny.

Where are they anyway? Are they in DC? Georgia? How long after the fair did that apocalyptic snow storm occur?

#2359 5 years ago

I didn't think it was a bad episode, but perhaps not the best season finale. Actually, I think it was the rest of the season that failed to properly setup the finale. They should have done more foreshadowing this coming winter. It could have provided more of a payoff episode if thought this season we would have seen them preparing to survive the storm, instead of preparing for a carnival. The winter threat almost felt like an afterthought right up until the very end of the penultimate episode. Perhaps it was also a bad season finale, because that penultimate episode ended so perfectly. That episode perfectly setup the upcoming war by showing the hoard and the heads on stakes. Followed by the unifying speech by Siddiq. If the season have to ended there, I think most would have been happy.

#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

My wife and I have gotten really good at calling when a character is gonna die. Ooo, a one-off character with a little extra little scene in an attempt to make you care about them? dead.
We watch both Walking Dead and Talking Dead. The Exec Producer was on last night. Everyone pats themselves on the back at every opportunity.. but she annoyed me further when she revealed some comic spoilers that have implications into next season. Avoid that if you hate spoilers as much as I do.
Last night's episode highlights what southerners think winter is like, which was pretty funny.
Where are they anyway? Are they in DC? Georgia? How long after the fair did that apocalyptic snow storm occur?

Alexandria is Alexandria VA, Where Blizzards happen every 6-7 years.
So a Bit of a Stretch in the timeline....

#2361 5 years ago

Whatever happened to that guy with the dreadlocks that jumped off the bridge many seasons ago? Did they ever mention what happend to him ? This guy:

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpgcorey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
#2362 5 years ago

I only have a couple issues with the episode. I know it’s a show about the dead returning to life but, in order for a head with a skull in it to explode like tempered glass it would have to get way way colder. Like so cold you couldn’t go outside. Like colder than its ever been on earth. Then the other walkers just chillin under the snow not frozen at all. And they were worried about crossing that little stream? That water would be frozen solid if it were cold enough to freeze bone to the point of shattering. Ok that’s all I needed to say about that.

#2363 5 years ago

What was that the finale? Oh shit, let me go back and rewatch.
Only thing I remember was wanting that damn Lydia to stick her arm in that mouth.

#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Gabe is getting more ass than a toilet seat but Daryl has never been with a girl since the show started.

I’m really late on this season, because I had really considered ditching it after the first few episodes. But I’m a completist. Really questioning my decision to keep watching after “Stradivarius” and the last couple episodes (my wife quit, she’s the smart one). So freaking horrible.

But I had to quite the Gabe post above. Man, Rai, you won the Internet when you posted that. Toooooooo funny! And so true! Daryl really needs to get laid and take the mantle. This should be Daryls world, and Negan should be his bitch! Not sexually of course, Daryl deserves much better.

Daryl and Carol should really rule what’s left. They could be such bad ass rulers.

#2365 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Daryl and Carol should really rule what’s left. They could be such bad ass rulers.

Carol has to loose the "bag lady" hair doo. Otherwise she's ruthless.

#2366 5 years ago

Walkers frozen standing, 100yds later- crawling out of the snow like it's nothing. /sigh.

#2367 5 years ago

Holy shit. That was the worst season finale I've ever seen on any show ever.

#2368 5 years ago

I still don’t get what this season finale was about. I was bored to death and have no idea what story they had to tell, it’s really too bad after the major climax of the previous episode.

As to the whisperers they feel very underused unless the whole point was to make them whisper in a distance instead of a direct showdown Negan style.

Im still looking forward to season 10 tough, but that’s mostly because I don’t expect much from sunday night tv.

#2369 5 years ago

oh sht I fell asleep and woke up at the end need to rewatch. It was all so dark damn if I was in a world of Zombies I'd do as much as possible in the daytime hours.

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Walkers frozen standing, 100yds later- crawling out of the snow like it's nothing. /sigh.

Snow is a great insulator. Totally makes sense.

I actually have to say that on the whole i enjoyed this season. Glad to see they are losing some older characters and moving forward. It's just a stupid zombie show afterall.

#2371 5 years ago

best part of this episode was the Peyton Manning commercial.

#2372 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I still don’t get what this season finale was about.

I think a winter episode with them surviving the elements could have been epic, but as I posted earlier it wasn't setup properly by the earlier shows. Trying to navigate in a blizzard with near whiteout condition could be terrifying. Especially with zombies. Imagine trying to see or hear them through the wind and snow, but not really knowing where they might be coming from until they are nearly on top of you. Anyway, I think the key take away from that episode is that our "world" is now a little smaller. Our survivors have left The Kingdom. I think this is a great move, since just a few days ago, I posted here stating that my main issue with the show was that our main characters were too spread out. I'm hoping having more people in a single location will help to focus the action. Oh, also Ezekiel and Carol's marriage is on the fritz.

#2373 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think a winter episode with them surviving the elements could have been epic, but as I posted earlier it wasn't setup properly by the earlier shows. Trying to navigate in a blizzard with near whiteout condition could be terrifying. Especially with zombies. Imagine trying to see or hear them through the wind and snow, but not really knowing where they might be coming from until they are nearly on top of you. Anyway, I think the key take away from that episode is that our "world" is now a little smaller. Our survivors have left The Kingdom. I think this is a great move, since just a few days ago, I posted here stating that my main issue with the show was that our main characters were too spread out. I'm hoping having more people in a single location will help to focus the action. Oh, also Ezekiel and Carol's marriage is on the fritz.

The way they handled winter was one of my problems actually. You would think that once a year for all the time they've been out there, they have to deal with winter conditions, look harder for food. But that (quite bad) fight against the walkers made it look like they were all newbies discovering that walkers hide in the snow.
Otherwise I agree with you on leaving the Kingdom it's definitely a good move for the show, things were starting to get too established as a daily life in a safe shelter and a once in a while outing. And yet the ending of the previous episode does remain as a major episode for the entire show, but I do think they came up with that so they could lower production costs for season 10.

#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

best part of this episode was the Peyton Manning commercial.

I hate.. Peyton Manning.

#2375 5 years ago

I watched the last 2 episodes today, they were surreal. Not in a cinematic way but a bad Directors way. Disjointed, bad lighting, strained dialogue and stray plot lines.
The "Negan Rescue" however, saved the day. That 8 minutes was Epic, and the encounter with Michonne harkening back to earlier, better episodes.
Actually caring again whether or when these Characters come together next Season.

#2376 5 years ago

thread is a bitch fest

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

thread is a bitch fest

There's an awful lot to bitch about!! Lame ass season finale...

#2378 5 years ago

A poor ending to what otherwise was a very solid second half of a season.

1 month later
#2379 4 years ago

this guy is very funny don't know if this was posted before (his pitch about the GOT is also great).

#2380 4 years ago

Wow, IMO a good episode last night.

#2381 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Great start...if only the Australian girl would bite it. Radioactive children or whatever sounds promising.

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I'm half half on FTWD actually, it started as a fantastic prequel but shifted to a parallel timeline with TWD where everyone wonders in different location but in a similar environment, trying to survive while we all know that there is no cure, therefore no end until they've used and killed every single human left on the planet. So FTWD is falling into the same trap as TWD is in, how compelling can you keep an endless story and for how long.

The result, and it showed again in Sunday's episode is a (very) slow paced episode that doesn't really move anything forward but AMC's scheme to keep the franchise alive.

4 weeks later
#2383 4 years ago

Question to the comic book fans : With the last comic coming out, how far is the tv show from it ? Im still hoping we will get a real clean ending and wondering how many seasons this might go on for.

#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Question to the comic book fans : With the last comic coming out, how far is the tv show from it ? Im still hoping we will get a real clean ending and wondering how many seasons this might go on for.

Today is a sad day for Walking Dead, the comic’s last issue was released. The comic didn’t overstay it’s welcome. They could probably wrap up Walking Dead TV cleanly in anywhere from two to three seasons. But there are so many differences (which I won’t point out here out of spoiler respect for the thread) it could go anywhere.

3 months later
#2385 4 years ago

Nothing here after the latest episode? I thought the episode was OK. There really aren't many people left that I care about.

I'm a little tired of the formulaic structure of the show. You're going to get the ground work in the early episodes, an event at the midseason finale, and then another lull until a couple of episodes at the end of the season. I know it's not too unlike a lot of other similar shows, but bucking that trend seems necessary at this stage.

#2386 4 years ago

How are there any zombies left? You’d think they’d have killed them all by now.

#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just Georgia and Texas-ish?

#2388 4 years ago

Who else was waiting for someone to call out "SHIELD WALL!" in that opening scene?

#2389 4 years ago

I quit watching it

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Even the cast looks bored killing them at this point.

Let's move over to LA... take on some MS-13 zombies.
They've been zombies before there were zombies.

#2391 4 years ago

Last night's episode was one of the best I can remember. At least for current TWD standards.

4 months later
#2392 4 years ago

Zzzzzzzzzz <---- Tonight's episode

Only thing that would have saved it was them killing Carol.

Just thankful Saul is back.

3 weeks later
#2393 4 years ago

Give tonight's episode a watch. I thought it is probably one of the better episodes of the last few seasons.

#2394 4 years ago

Really great! and I love the newspaper hanging that stated, "Corona Virus that mutated caused the dead to come alive!"

5 months later
#2395 3 years ago

Thread revival. There is some big news on the future of the show:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/walking-dead-end-super-sized-153057239.html

1 year later
#2396 2 years ago

This is like the worse couple episodes I have ever seen. These Reapers are dumb as shit. Just shoot this white haired weird lady and get over with it already. Its boring!

#2397 2 years ago

This show is still on? Lol. I plan on watching the entire show again when the episodes all hit Netflix.

#2398 2 years ago

I can't think of a show that dropped off quicker than this one. We stopped watching around the whisperers(?) And by that time we were really only watching because it had become tradition.

I told myself I'd revisit at some point, despite its glaring flaws. Seeing your comments though makes me wonder if I should even waste my time.

#2399 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I can't think of a show that dropped off quicker than this one.

Actors get tired after awhile. Happened in TWD, happened in GOT. Even the marvel actors getting paid great money get tired.

#2400 2 years ago

This show has gotten horrible and need to die a quick painful death. Too many spin offs. Ridiculous storylines. It was pretty good up to Negan. When they kept Negan alive it was all downhill….the dood killed your husband and others. It’s like they characters got dumber as the show went on. We all wanted one more showdown with Daryl and Beta and Negan takes them out…lame. And Carol goes from becoming a BAD ASS blowing up the building as they were about to be gutted at the trough to soft hearted wimp again…only reason we watch is to see the end which can’t get here soon enough. FTWD is even more ridiculous so don’t get me started on that one. TWD was great in the beginning but has become one of the worst shows which is a shame.

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.