(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 49.
#2401 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

...only reason we watch is to see the end which can’t get here soon enough.... TWD was great in the beginning but has become one of the worst shows which is a shame.

Agreed with basically everything you wrote but especially these two snippets.

My wife wanting to see the end of the show is the only reason I try to watch still. A couple episodes ago I gave up mid show to go stair at the grass growing.

#2402 2 years ago

I knew the show was doomed back before the Negan season, when on "The Talking Dead" show, Scott Gimpel or Greg Nicotero, I don't remember which (and maybe it was both), admitted that they would keep the show running as long as there was demand for it. I was already concerned about them straying away from the established comic book storyline, but at that point, I remember looking at my wife and saying "This show is doomed. They basically just said there's no story arc here. They're just eventually gonna pull storylines out of their asses until the series dies on the vine". It sounds like that's exactly what's going on. Glad I gave up after the Negan season.

#2403 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:I knew the show was doomed back before the Negan season, when on "The Talking Dead" show, Scott Gimpel or Greg Nicotero, I don't remember which (and maybe it was both), admitted that they would keep the show running as long as there was demand for it. I was already concerned about them straying away from the established comic book storyline, but at that point, I remember looking at my wife and saying "This show is doomed. They basically just said there's no story arc here. They're just eventually gonna pull storylines out of their asses until the series dies on the vine". It sounds like that's exactly what's going on. Glad I gave up after the Negan season.

Yep. They thought they were being creative trying to create different/alternate storylines from the comics and they were just horrible. Dragging things out with too little action in between. Good shows have figured out that 5-7 seasons is the optimum. Any longer and the writing/ storylines get old or just not as good. Breaking Bad, The Sopranos etc. are good examples that of shows that needed to end. If there is demand maybe it can be rebooted or a spin off.

Hopefully the new Dexter series is good. The finale was OK. When shows go way off the deep end of being realistic it’s all over. When you keep things realistic to characters abilities and “Plausible” storylines it becomes believable and things just work. Once you cross that it’s downhill.

#2404 2 years ago

My kids are both teenagers now so we started watching TWD at season 1. I plan on ending when they get to Alexandria and call it done. I think that was season 6.

#2405 2 years ago

Indeed, while characters may have developed, the societal structure and enemy antagonism has been repetitive.
We All Cared, and emphasized with survival, until Zombie guts became the immunity.
I would have preferred a Zombie Rot perfume, and a more advancing journey.
I simply became immune, to the horror, and the fighting...like endless arrows, or wipe some guts and then fight.

But, Ill watch to the end, Like Oak Island....even if its Background Noise.

#2406 2 years ago

I thought the introduction of Negan was fantastic. That was as tense as the show has ever been. The problem is that after the typical villain arc was over, they realized that they needed solid characters to keep the show going. They hung onto Negan knowing they would lose their star in Rick.

The other huge problem was getting too big for their britches trying to turn TWD into something more than it deserved to be. I really believe they were more interested in lofty goals like amusement parks and their own network than caretaking their main series.

Now they're probably seeing big ratings drops. There's no way they get back to basics and quality tv making. Instead they'll raise the stakes and lean into absurdity.

#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I thought the introduction of Negan was fantastic. That was as tense as the show has ever been. The problem is that after the typical villain arc was over, they realized that they needed solid characters to keep the show going. They hung onto Negan knowing they would lose their star in Rick.
The other huge problem was getting too big for their britches trying to turn TWD into something more than it deserved to be. I really believe they were more interested in lofty goals like amusement parks and their own network than caretaking their main series.
Now they're probably seeing big ratings drops. There's no way they get back to basics and quality tv making. Instead they'll raise the stakes and lean into absurdity.

It’s the last season so it’s coming to an end quick. It could have been done better and it should have ended much sooner. They just milked it too long. Show has been dead for several seasons….some of just watch to see the end since we have watched it this far. It has become a terrible show….pretty sad because at one point it really was a good show…good enough to theme a pin based on it but that was at the peak of its popularity.

#2408 2 years ago

Guess it's a good thing the pin was released as early as it was.

What about the movies? Thought they were going to do some Rick movies after he left the show.

1 week later
#2409 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

This show has gotten horrible and need to die a quick painful death. Too many spin offs. Ridiculous storylines. It was pretty good up to Negan. When they kept Negan alive it was all downhill….the dood killed your husband and others. It’s like they characters got dumber as the show went on. We all wanted one more showdown with Daryl and Beta and Negan takes them out…lame. And Carol goes from becoming a BAD ASS blowing up the building as they were about to be gutted at the trough to soft hearted wimp again…only reason we watch is to see the end which can’t get here soon enough. FTWD is even more ridiculous so don’t get me started on that one. TWD was great in the beginning but has become one of the worst shows which is a shame.

I agree. Not killing Negan and giving the fans the satisfaction that would have brought was the lamest decision they ever made. They were simply thinking hey, with Rick stepping out we need a charismatic lead so Negan it is!

Still watching to the end though...

#2410 2 years ago

I stopped watching TWD a few seasons ago - after Negan's fall.

I still watch Fear TWD, I kind of liked the previous seasons, but I did not really enjoy the first episode of the current season (7).
Not a big fan of Victor Strand...

#2411 2 years ago

How about raising a baby in a zombie apocalypse, in a nuclear holocaust at the same time. You think they couldn't find food before, now near impossible. Why stay in the waste land? The whole country doesn't look like that. Instead of jump the shark its like nuke the sub.

1 year later
#2412 1 year ago

Wow this thread died. Only came to catch up on FTWD talk since I saw that Kim Dickens had come back as Madison, as I predicted 4 years ago...

Quoted from miracleman:

an unresolved cliffhanger not quite as bad as Glenn and the dumpster, but as in that situation, no body = no death...

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.