(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poppapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from taz:

The zombies on this show seem different in looks and are in some regards keeping out of sight for now, so I wonder if they're going to throw some zombie evolution at us.

Remember, this is the beginning of the zombie apocalypse, no one knows what they're dealing with yet. This may be the druggie son's wakeup call!!

2 weeks later
#96 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

They still think it's going to be all better tomorrow.

Agree!! They're still not sure what's going on & doesn't seem like Travis can be a killer. Interesting to see who mans up or gets eaten.

2 months later
#430 8 years ago

Damn, not till springtime. TWD's next season starts in Feb. can't wait!!

2 months later
#484 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Lol, my wife said the same thing. I suspect it went in at an angle and out the side.

Yeah, that's what happened. You guys should watch Talking Dead, shows how all that stuff was done.

3 weeks later
#519 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

This, plus Abraham is hilarious.

So is Eugene, he was a riot on Talking dead last night!!

2 weeks later
#663 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Morbid question... but if the unborn baby dies, does it go zombie?

Can't do much harm. What's it called a crawler?

4 weeks later
#784 7 years ago

You know Hollywood, they want diversity. Wouldn't want to offend anyone. Show pretty diverse IMO with black, gay, Asian characters. Did I leave any out? Not that there is anything wrong with that either.

3 weeks later
#817 7 years ago

He ain't making it out, that whole compound burned down.

2 months later
#843 7 years ago

Looks like FTWD starts up again tonight!! Can't wait for the drama on pinside after the show.

2 weeks later
#875 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The guy killed the chicken, that's stand your ground stuff

Agreed, Chris & the new punks were on his property. Don't worry I think Chris is gonna get eaten soon.

#882 7 years ago

Ophelia & Alicia said there's hot water left when they 1st got to the hotel. Hell why would anyone leave!!

#884 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

they'll use it all up washing the "blood face" off if they continue to do that every episode

Or just take a dip in the ocean.

1 week later
#902 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I didn't even tune into my dvr'd September 18th episode of FTWD after reading this. Horrible! However, I was hoping that someone would have watched the September 25th episode of FTWD and posted some Cliff Notes version of what's going on in that trainwreck of a show, just so I could feel confident I'm not missing anything decent. But.. nobody posted anything about the latest episode of FTWD. No complaints, no nothing.. is everyone out? LOL

No, they're still all in & watching every week, they just like to bitch!!

1 month later
#1006 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think that's exactly right. These last two episodes have been about the different communities and their leadership structure. I'm sure we'll be moving the focus back to Hilltop and Alexandria. How will the leadership structures change after their encounter with The Saviors? At minimum, I'm sure it will be stressed.
Just for fun, feel free to put it on loop for the entire day:
» YouTube video

I couldn't get this stupid song out of my head until I got in my car & drove to work with something else on.

2 weeks later
#1051 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm having some trouble believing that the Negan experience would crush so many battle-hardened zombie warriors. I think I'd sacrifice myself with a grenade just to take him and as many of his followers out as possible. Or, send out teams to find another place to move several hundred miles outside of his turf and get out of dodge before he came back again. That wouldn't be any worse than taking his abuse and giving him all of the community's resources. I suspect a lot of the disappointed fans are asking themselves similar questions right now. Heck, I don't even like Rick right now, he's become such a wuss.

What are Coral & Jesus up to? Think they're gonna try & kill Negan or just a fact finding mission. Time will tell, just hope they don't drag this out!!

#1093 7 years ago

Turn into lezbos.

2 weeks later
#1200 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

she definately was.

She is now on ABC's Conviction

2 months later
#1272 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks. You guys are confirming for me that I bailed out at exactly the right time.

You'll be back, especially if easy Street is your ring tone.

2 weeks later
#1302 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I didn't see any bullets going with.
LTG : )

You're thinking too much about this Lloyd.

1 week later
#1342 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I called that Eugene was Neegan all the way.

Hell, He thinks he has a good thing going. For now!!

2 weeks later
#1416 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Uggghhhh... Can't believe they're going to drag this shit out another season.

At least!!

#1423 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I was *hoping* he would be dead by the end of this season because I just can't stand his character. It's really bad. Annoying. And just not believable. The way he talks is beyond stupid

Agree with everything you stated, but he is the villain, & the show needs a villain. We all want to see him die but then what? Who takes his place? Unfortunately I think he will be around for awhile.

#1433 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Was anyone else put off by the obvious plot device that having Sasha hide in a casket was? I mean, what was the point of that ridiculous elaborate setup anyway, other than to give her a private place to take the poison pill and die in a slow, dramatic fashion to fill half the episode?

Yeah, But it did start that shitstorm at the end of the episode.

1 month later
#1449 6 years ago

Not a bad episode, glad to see Travis go!!

3 months later
#1473 6 years ago

New season FTWD started last night...Meh...

#1475 6 years ago

Yeah, you didn't miss much.

1 month later
#1489 6 years ago

TWD back tonight & so is the original show discussion thread!!

#1513 6 years ago

If you watched Talking Dead after the episode, they did confirm a crossover episode with FTWD

1 week later
#1539 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Horrible, the only good characters in the last episode seem to be Daryl and Gregory.
Morgan v Jesus fight was bad, guess Morgan will be going off to sulk for a bit.
The gun battles are sorry.

Gregory? A good character? He's the wimp that left Gabriel to fend for himself. I was hoping he would get bitten.

#1541 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

More garbage people

Yes, those trash trucks make excellent tanks.

1 month later
#1707 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Coral will hide it, get captured by Negan, and turn at the right time to bite Negan...maybe

They already did this routine with Sasha, Coral is probably gonna survive in some BS stunt.

2 months later
#1763 6 years ago

Returns this Sunday!!

#1808 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I know Negan is the big draw, the heal if it was wrestling, so he can’t just get killed.
But when Rick and Negan were fighting, it was more like a pillow fight. I mean here is Rick who bit out a guys throat, yet when he’s fighting Negan not much effort.

Yeah, would have been cool if Rick put out his eye like Michonne did to the governor, or some other limb.

#1837 6 years ago

On talking dead they said the idea came from Fargo and the woodchipper scene.

1 week later
#1842 6 years ago

From the previews of next week it looks like Rick is chasing Negan. Wonder what this car chase is about?
Will Rick finally do him in? or vice-versa?
Tonight's episode was kinda ho-hum!!

1 week later
#1864 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Good episode! Not fond of Georgie pulling up like a Mary Kay rep, but Simon made the night!

Heh heh, She reminded me of Martha Stewart!!

#1880 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I still dont know why Negan got so excited over Zombie guts, and twirling Lucille in it?
As Simon was criticizing after the battle just had, would flinging Zombie guts over the wall really bother them?
were they modified?

He was gonna smack some people with Lucille, so they would get infected & turn.

#1894 6 years ago

Negan knows Simon was the one that took out the trash(people), so yeah I think Negan & trash lady will be gunning for him.

1 week later
#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I was hoping they’d redo the Sophia plot with Henry and have the gang searching for him way into season 9.

Oh hell no, don't give them any ideas!

1 week later
#1930 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So what's going to happen to Dwight?

I'm sure he'll probably get away to try to help Rick & co. It's the season finale & Morgan is crossing over to Fear?

#1937 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Meh
Maggie still doesn’t look pregnant.

Only been a month...

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I think in the overall timeline of things Morgan already went to Fear and came back.

The show, FTWD

#1947 5 years ago

Is this week the finale? or are there 2 more episodes?

Finale for TWD, but new season for FTWD

#1950 5 years ago

I want to see how they bring Morgan in to FTWD

#1978 5 years ago

Seemed kind of lame that Rick didn't finish off Negan, or at least let Maggie get revenge for Glenn.

#1981 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But Carol killed someone no revenge was given.
I realize two different extremes of killing but Carol did it to protect the group and Negan did it for similar reasons. Didn’t want to kill everyone and didn’t want Rick to massacre any more of the saviors.

Whole different scenario. Here we have Rick & Negan have a fight to the finish,(looks like anyway) and Rick just stops & says, patch him up? They should have turned Negan into another fence walker!!

#2014 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Not sure why there's hate for "the junkie son

In the beginning he made a lot of dick moves just to get drugs & get high. Now I feel he has evolved into more of a survivor with less dick moves.

#2023 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

his sister is/was worse...painful storyline

Was? She ain't dead yet...

#2025 5 years ago

FTWD has me confused. How did they get to a baseball park encampment? Last season ended with the dam explosion, didn't it? Is this looking into the future? Where's Morgan, the cowboy dude, and the chick with the badass military vehicle?

1 month later
#2067 5 years ago

Anyone still watching Fear? Seems this Sunday is already mid season finale & it's gonna be, wait for it....another massive herd of walkers!! Gee, how original.

1 week later
#2074 5 years ago

Yes she is....

#2079 5 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Hey, I'm just going by the show's 'logic'. If the Tank-Car's driver door can be ripped off for 10 minutes with NONE of the 3000 zombies walking up to it until Al's head is hung out of it, and then NONE of those 3000 zombies can rip off her flesh or bite her, then Madison can still be alive. Both WD shows get new show runners every season, if FEAR wants to they can bring her back in a year or two (if not cancelled by then).
"No one's gone until they're gone."
-Kim Dickens (while on the way out the door to film the DEADWOOD movie)

She ain't coming back, unless as a zombie counts....

1 month later
#2096 5 years ago

FTWD started up again last night, anyone watch it? I nodded out, so must have blown. Did I miss anything?

1 month later
#2108 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Ended with a whimper like they're some kind of super heroes or something. FAIL

Yeah, that was certainly Not a season finale!!

#2111 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So what's with them announcing Rick Grimes leaving? Seems desperate. I mean, yeah the actor may want out after 9 years, but they used to not announce this stuff.

Incentive to watch?

2 weeks later
#2127 5 years ago

Can't wait for this drama to end!! Maybe we'll have a 2fer and Rick & Negan get taken out.....Whatever happens Chris Hardwick on talking dead will be mourning the loss like a little girl.

1 week later
#2135 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

We'll probably see Shane again too in that sequence.

And Herschel, Glenn, Abraham, etc, etc, etc....

1 week later
#2173 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I must've missed the talking walkers. Where was that?

You had to watch Talking Dead, you know that show where Chris Hardwick slobbers all over the stars!!

#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Kind of far fetched that :
Rick falls from horse and happened to land on rebar. That’s like one in a million because he’s a good horse rider and the horse is well trained it’s not like he was on an unbroken horse for the first time. Then the rebar impales him but in a TV medicine way that’s probably near death but he’s ok enough to get away and do a hundred things.
But then again I’ve read ‘Battlefield Earth’. So I can tell hack pulp writing when I see it.
This is up there with ‘Six million dollar man meets Bigfoot’ tv quality.

Don't forget the McGyver way he got himself off the rebar! Without passing out!!

#2203 5 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Guess I win the pool!

But the asshole didn't die!!

#2208 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree, but I never thought the show would go on without him either.
Trying to think of how many of the original characters from the first season are left? Daryl and Carol? Don't know if Morgan counts?
All I know is that there are fewer characters that I am interested in, and even those that I do care about are less interesting since most of the characters that they played off of are dead.
We are at the point in this franchise where we are watching it die a slow and painful death.

Why wouldn't Morgan count? I think he was in episode #1 and he's still alive & kicking..

2 weeks later
#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Jesus is a hetero action star who took the role knowing the character was gay. Yet there were no to little overt signs of this persuasion during the seasons. He spoke the right pc mantra in interviews, yet,right when the natural evolution would have him expand a male relationship they kill him off.
Just a guess but I think he resisted it and Kang killed him off.

relationship with Aaron? I think he is supposedly the other gay dude who lost his boyfriend..

#2255 5 years ago

Aaron is a gay character, but I forgot about Tara too...show may be diverse enough for Levi.

2 months later
#2262 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Negan stalked by a little girl with a hand cannon... starting to stretch it a bit.

Just pull the trigger already!!

#2268 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Very slow episode. The next episode will probably go off to a side story dealing with the kingdom or hilltop to slow it down further.

Maybe, but bald chick wants to deal for her daughter!! Could get interesting...

#2285 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I have to say that after just shy of a decade, the characters that remain from the original group are doing pretty well to maintain direction. Most of the new survivors to join the clan just aren't that interesting to me. It's been a superstar to stay with it for 9 seasons so I have to give TWD a big thumbs up.
Yes, I agree totally that it fills Sunday nights... Sometimes I may have vinyl playing and watching it in the background but it is always on. (:

The only ones left from season 1 are Carol, Daryl, and Morgan.

#2289 5 years ago

Well, Morgan isn't on the main show anymore. Carol hasn't been interesting to me for a long time. Daryl is really the last character I feel invested in.

I wouldn't be surprised if Morgan pops up again on TWD. On Fear he stated that he needed to get back to Alexandria.

#2298 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Cant ever have enough Marx Brothers! And yes, Id love a Marx Brothers Pin!

Problem is no one but us old farts know who the Marx Bros. are!!

#2313 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I think we've gotten a small taste of what the Whisperers can do. Imagine them leading horses around. Besides, they're creepy AF, and we should get more of that with Lydia needing a new mask now...
Then again, the previews show Henry finding her, so I'm sure he'll just make everything stupid.

I think we'll find Henry wearing a mask real soon!!

4 weeks later
#2344 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

The world is not a safe place! Trust but verify securely.

They do have a Wall!!

1 week later
#2377 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

thread is a bitch fest

There's an awful lot to bitch about!! Lame ass season finale...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poppapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight?tu=poppapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.