The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,232 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Fulltilt
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 74 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
helipad (resized).jpg
simon (resized).jpg
rick (resized).jpg
14421CDA-A039-48FB-B742-1DA4C17F0D1C (resized).jpeg
pie (resized).jpg

There are 2232 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 45.
#2155 15 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Anyway...the end is coming....who knows...Any Guesses on the Helicopter?

I almost wish it were an Apache Gunship and take everyone out in one final episode.

Not likely to happen, it makes me wonder what the intention of mysterious woman in the previous season may come to play.
The creepy "Martha Stewart like" figure who presented like a vision, letting them know she had been "watching". Anyone else remember that episode? It's time that resurfaces.

#2157 13 days ago

Lol! I just realized I forgot to watch.
Is Rick gone?

#2158 13 days ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Is Rick gone?

...ish

#2159 13 days ago

Big wow just happened

#2160 13 days ago

Judith Grimes....The New BadASS!

#2161 13 days ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Is Rick gone?

No one's ever really gone

DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png

#2162 13 days ago

Good thing for daylight savings time because tonight's show was an hour I'll never get back.

#2163 13 days ago

Two things:

What is an A and a B?

Why is Judith a badass? Carl developed into one because he had Rick as a father figure and all of the experiences they went through trying to survive. Judith is growing up in this protected society so shouldn’t just Mary Sue her way there.

#2164 13 days ago

So why exactly was there a crate full of dynamite just sitting on the bridge?

#2165 13 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Good question!!

#2166 13 days ago

Recap:

I miss Shane.

RIP Herchel. Was sad seeing him tonight, one last time on screen.

Carol is now Legolas.

Judith can now make headshots at 200 yards with pistol.

Evolving Talking Walkers lol.

Eugene has balls now?

#2167 13 days ago

My thanks to the heroes of this thread that post here to spare me from watching this show .

#2168 13 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Two things:
What is an A and a B?
Why is Judith a badass? Carl developed into one because he had Rick as a father figure and all of the experiences they went through trying to survive. Judith is growing up in this protected society so shouldn’t just Mary Sue her way there.

My guess is that an A or a B somehow relates to an assignment by the new mysterious group or to represent how much their worth to them.

#2169 13 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Because...TV. lol

#2170 13 days ago

That was the best trained, zombie proof horse I have ever seen. Wake up Rick!

#2171 13 days ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Recap:
I miss Shane.
RIP Herchel. Was sad seeing him tonight, one last time on screen.
Carol is now Legolas.
Judith can now make headshots at 200 yards with pistol.
Evolving Talking Walkers lol.
Eugene has balls now?

I must've missed the talking walkers. Where was that?

#2172 13 days ago

Previews....both TWD and Z Nation have Talkers

#2173 13 days ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I must've missed the talking walkers. Where was that?

You had to watch Talking Dead, you know that show where Chris Hardwick slobbers all over the stars!!

#2174 13 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

You had to watch Talking Dead, you know that show where Chris Hardwick slobbers all over the stars!!

Lol... just saw the clip. All I can say is - about time.

#2175 13 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Having Michonne as a step-mom would help.

This was a good episode! I haven't been watching everything, but it seems like they're FINALLY advancing the top-level plot...walkers evolving, possible military experiments for a cure, etc. It's about 5 years too late, but still. .

#2176 13 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Judith Grimes....The New BadASS!

DumbASS writing is more like it.

"Judith. Judith Grimes."

And with that, this show has certainly officially jumped the shark, if it hadn't already.

Holy crap, what a disaster of an episode. We were all played. Again.

#2177 13 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

And Herschel, Glenn, Abraham, etc, etc, etc....

We did see Herschel, which was cool, especially in light of the actor having passed recently. But no Glenn. No Abraham. No Lori. But we got to see Sasha! You know, that character that was never particularly close to Rick. So yeah, it made perfect sense to have Sasha in one of his dreams/flashbacks.

#2178 13 days ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Hopefully Rick's last episode is better then Carl's, that was painful.

How'd that work out for ya?

Quoted from gweempose:

There is no way Rick dies from that Horde that's heading towards him. In fact, I think it's unlikely that Rick will be killed off in any way in the next episode. I agree that he will probably wind up with whoever is in the helicopter.

Nailed it.

#2179 13 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

"Judith. Judith Grimes."
And with that, this show has certainly officially jumped the shark, if it hadn't already.
Holy crap, what a disaster of an episode. We were all played. Again.

Is that Alexandria getting nuked in your avatar?

#2180 13 days ago

My guess is an “A” is an infected human but not yet turned. A “B” is an uninfected human.

#2181 13 days ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Is that Alexandria getting nuked in your avatar?

I wish!

#2182 13 days ago

There's a separate thread for the comic book.

#2183 13 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

There's a separate thread for the comic book.

Sorry changed post after I read the title fully.

#2184 12 days ago

Apparently Rick's departure makes more sense. He's being lined up for 2-3 possible spin-offs on AMC.

#2185 12 days ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Apparently Rick's departure makes more sense. He's being lined up for 2-3 possible spin-offs on AMC.

Yep. Rick's "final episode" was nothing more than a desperate money grab. TWD's ratings are the lowest they've been since the series first started. They are just trying to milk every last bit out of it before it dies a horrible death.

#2186 12 days ago

I tuned in after not watching in 3+ years. Last time I fall for that again

#2187 12 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Two things:
What is an A and a B?

I read the a and b is likely people that are infected and not infected for experiments with vaccines.

#2188 12 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I read the a and b is likely people that are infected and not infected for experiments with vaccines.

I thought everyone was a "carrier".

#2189 12 days ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I wouldn't be surprised if they force us to subscribe to "AMC Premiere" in order to watch the movies with Rick.

#2190 12 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I thought everyone was a "carrier".

I think they are referring to bit but not turned yet.

It would not surprise me if the a and b refers to personality traits.

#2191 12 days ago

It could also have something to do with being a possible organ doner, and being bit (hence Jadice trying to use the walker to bite people).

#2192 12 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Because everyone knows you need dynamite to build a bridge... And it's always a good idea to just leave it out in the elements to get rained on and such.

This is definately the episode where the series jumped the shark.

Greg Nicotero is great effects guy and a shitty director.
Totally zero emotional investment in Rick's "demise". Cheezy slow motion group reaction shots, so bad.

Maggie being completely and instantly swayed/played by Negan's cry baby act was just brutal. Just f**ng bash his head in nice and slow already, puleeeeze. How incredibly satisfying would that have been for the viewers. But no. Gotta milk that dried up cow some more.

I could have written a better farewell for Rick in my sleep. How about Rick comes back and tries to stop Maggie from killing Negan and Maggie puts him down in the struggle, and then totally bashes Negan's head to small pieces in a grief driven rage upon realizing what she's done. Beautifully ironic that Rick dies trying to save Negan, etc. etc.

Must be time to start watching something else I guess...

#2193 12 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

...This is definately the episode where the series jumped the shark...

was just coming here to post JUMPED THE SHARK!!

finally watched it last night, and YUK!!

#2194 12 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

"Judith. Judith Grimes."

Quoted from Fytr:

This is definately the episode where the series jumped the shark.

Quoted from fxdwg:

was just coming here to post JUMPED THE SHARK!!

Yep.

#2195 12 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I wouldn't be surprised if they force us to subscribe to "AMC Premiere" in order to watch the movies with Rick.

That does seem incredibly likely.

#2196 10 days ago

Just caught up on the season. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I thought it's been pretty solid so far. I've said it before, but the show is ultimately a character study of different leadership styles played out in a world where zombies just happen to exist. That might not be for everyone, but that is what the show has been for the last five or six seasons.

All right, rapid fire...

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Rick had to keep Negan alive, because he's the only person that can help carry this show after he leaves.

I think they might be setting up Aaron to take over for Rick.

Quoted from gweempose:

I can't get over how stupid that scene with Daryl and Rick in the pit was. So there's this huge pit, and all this time not a single walker managed to randomly stumble across it and fall down there. Then suddenly once Daryl and Rick are in there, dozens of them start falling in.

I don't know if you are either over or under thinking it. Maybe a recently formed sinkhole wouldn't have a bunch of zombies. Plus there is a heard, that pretty much explains how there are now a bunch of zombies falling in all at once.

Quoted from jonesjb:

What is an A and a B?

So...we know there is a much more advanced group out there. We know that Anne is (and has been for some time) giving them people in exchange for supplies. These people she is giving are classified as A, B, etc. Really the question is what happens to these people. Are they used for testing? Are they seeking good people to make their own group stronger?

Quoted from SteveO:

That was the best trained, zombie proof horse I have ever seen. Wake up Rick!

They could have set this up better, but that certainly would be part of your horse training process in this world. Then again, it bucked him off on the rebar, so?

Quoted from Fytr:

Because everyone knows you need dynamite to build a bridge.

Didn't they set that up in an earlier episode? I know they were doing some blasting, because they were then using the sirens to draw the herds away from the construction site. There were supposed to be two sirens, but that one Savior dude didn't sound his and then after the zombie battle Daryl started to beat him up.

#2197 10 days ago

Kind of far fetched that :

Rick falls from horse and happened to land on rebar. That’s like one in a million because he’s a good horse rider and the horse is well trained it’s not like he was on an unbroken horse for the first time. Then the rebar impales him but in a TV medicine way that’s probably near death but he’s ok enough to get away and do a hundred things.

But then again I’ve read ‘Battlefield Earth’. So I can tell hack pulp writing when I see it.

This is up there with ‘Six million dollar man meets Bigfoot’ tv quality.

#2198 10 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Kind of far fetched that :
Rick falls from horse and happened to land on rebar. That’s like one in a million because he’s a good horse rider and the horse is well trained it’s not like he was on an unbroken horse for the first time. Then the rebar impales him but in a TV medicine way that’s probably near death but he’s ok enough to get away and do a hundred things.
But then again I’ve read ‘Battlefield Earth’. So I can tell hack pulp writing when I see it.

Don't forget the McGyver way he got himself off the rebar! Without passing out!!

#2199 10 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Don't forget the McGyver way he got himself off the rebar! Without passing out!!

How?

#2200 10 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey Six Million Dollar man meets bigfoot was better than the last Walking Dead episode by far.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 229.99
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 40.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 2232 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 45.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside