(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Fear the Walking Dead

Now that they've "escaped" the city and they know about bolting zombies in the head....how is Fear going to be anything other than TWD 2? I'll still watch but seems like it'll be a little redundant...

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The kid whose dad got killed?

that was my thought at first..though I didn't give it much thought since it was such a Three's Company uh-oh not again moment.

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I've seen them completely smash a zombie head with so little effort....

lol...nearly any instrument, blunt or otherwise, seems to sheer skull like a surgical strike.

#272 8 years ago

so this season is a slow build towards final battle with "the W's" taking the place of pirate patch from previous season?

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm taking it you haven't watched any episodes yet?

Watched both...

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

what does this sign on their foreheads mean

my guess is it's a group led by David Coverdale of Whitesnake fame, hence the W...what else could it be?

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I must of misinterupted what you meant cause I saw nothing slow in those first two episodes.

right. Didn't say those episodes were slow(first one was though...literally, with the slow walkers marching) but this seems like the "A" story that they will take the entire season to resolve..thus the "slow" build. They have a story like this every season, I'm just guessing the "W's" are this seasons eye patch man.

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

best character this series has seen damnit!

I hated him...it was like a satire on a villain. He went on to play a "General" or something on Extant as well.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

The comic books suggest otherwise.

so does the history of the show...it's great but sometimes 3 or 4 go by and they have not accomplished much. If they start a big story it's almost certain to drag out until final episode.

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

You watch, it was Nick being eaten, he'll get saved.

If he gets out of that, the show has jumped the shark...again

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

No one has said anything about Rick. It doesn't look to good for him either. He's kindof up shit creek with a paddle. They cannot kill him though, too many people will stop watching.

He can hang out on the roof of the RV until Carol rescues him with a xxxxxxxxx Fill in unbelievable weapon she somehow obtained in the suburbs.

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Wonder if he will re-appear as a walker himself.

Maybe a sentient walker that works towards peace and a world where the living and dead "live" together. Coexist duuuude. I like the show, poking a bit of fun at it isn't hate....it's just not being a zombie fanboy---pun intended.

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

They made it reasonably obvious his hand was cut and bleeding badly for some reason,

Well, they can not claim he will cut it off to save from being infected by his zombie gut covered machete...it's been too long

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

get in the dumpster

right...that whole scene was like bad-decision-horror-movie stereotype 101. "Let's hide behind the chainsaws!"

#339 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I don't care if it's a spoiler because that stuff doesn't ruin it for me.

The pirate patch Gov'nr was supposed to chop it off...so the thinking is that they are "reworking" him losing it.

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

they are immune to small doses at this point.

that's the beauty of writing as you go...no set of rules to follow up front. Seems like if they are keeping Rick, they would keep his hand just to avoid the nuisance of it in production.

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

People die because the bites get infected, not just because it was a zombie bite.

There is never any discussion of "we have to stop the infection" or "we need medicine" that I recall---my memory sucks though. If an extremity is bitten, a quick hack would be logical. Seems like if you have a bite, you turn a little while later no matter what, like that guy from the wire last season...of course if the show made sense they'd be in hazmat suits so they didn't get zombie guts in their eyes etc. Similar to the worms on The Strain...though that show has now become a slash away and somehow never get a worm in an orifice as well...makes the stories move along not having to deal with the "fine print"

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

super human when it comes to being about to rip into flesh

yeah, it seems like their muscles would eventually waste away to nothing, including their jaw muscles. It is fantasy so you have to suspend reality at some point I suppose.

#362 8 years ago

Listened to a science show discussing zombies scientifically. They were wondering about the lack of clouds of flies, vultures, and packs of dogs...all associated with rotting flesh. Zombies should be covered in flies, beetles etc.

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Think about it. A few months in all would be dirt.

Well they could have a show AND have those things, they just choose not to--it's not one or the other. They clearly deteriorate to a great extent....would make it more realistic and "gritty" to have some real science in there.

#382 8 years ago

They do this EVERY season. It's formula. Cliffhanger episode, then some 3rd tier character-centric episode, then back to the main story...this is typical TV. 1.5 hours on it was a bit odd.

#386 8 years ago

Filler.

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

it was disjointed, useless.

Yes, BUT we know what happened to Glenn and also Rick's hand ...and we got to hear Maggie's "Southern" accent a bunch. TWD is 50% setup and that episode was a bunch of "character development" and setup...some people call it filler...not me, but some.

#398 8 years ago

Eh...it's better than most TV, but this is the formula. Big cliffhanger at beginning, then 4 or 5 character-centric episodes, then a semi-payoff finale.

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I disagree. I think it is the "thief" on the other end. I think he took Daryl's motorcycle and rode it straight into trouble.

Didn't Darryl have his walkie on his shirt though...not on his bike?

#407 8 years ago

While we're at it, why was he pushing his bike if it fired up on 1 kick when it was being stolen?

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

He was walking with the two people.

Before that..

#412 8 years ago

Check

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Insulin can't last more than a month without being refrigerated. The Walking Dead universe is many years over that.

she's dead anyway

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Man... Carl sure has grown in 500 days!

zombie virus age acceleration syndrome (ZVAAS), it's all in the comics

#424 8 years ago

dumpster escape...predicted by pinside...

2 months later
#436 8 years ago

Thank you for getting rid of that kid.

Seems like they are cutting costs though...going to be reusing the eye patch

#442 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

How did it work? They didn't all make it.

Only because that kid started whining...which was actually Carol's fault for planting the seeds of horror in his mind....another victim of Carol the Ruthless.

#448 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

At the end of the day it's about entertainment!

let's just agree that that kid getting eaten alive just as Carol had warned him was the highlight of the season.

1 week later
#471 8 years ago

I didn't catch the name of the episode but I'm guessing "Three's Company"?

#476 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

one of those nothing really happens episodes

TWD is this...with the exception of intro/outro episodes. This particular episode felt like they let a member of the cast "guest" direct it...sort of goofy, like when shows do an episode "for the actors" filled with inside jokes etc. Phoned it in.

#482 8 years ago

Also, would like to know the specifics of Carl's eyeball injury. Did the bullet just bounce off his eye and avoid the brain?? I don't see that half ass med student doing brain surgery.

1 week later
#489 8 years ago

Seemed way out of character for them all to buy in to the slow head stab in sleep assassin scenario.

#492 8 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I was actually thinking maybe those were pics of "rebellious" Saviors whose heads Negan had bashed in with his bat and he forced the others to keep them up as a reminder to stay in line. Seems plausible...

So it will turn out that Rick and crew were actually blood thirsty monsters slaughtering "victims" forcing a crisis again and the group breaks up, end of season

#495 8 years ago

This is more of a mercenary situation.

right...I'm thinking this blows up big time and they have some crisis of conscience cliff hanger...plus Maggie gets injured and loses baby, also they encounter a transgender person that joins their group so we have all the bases covered.

#506 8 years ago

thank goodness obese cancer woman bought it...she was more gross than most walkers.

#511 8 years ago

longer lasting Governor

Carl goes rogue and starts his own community

#512 8 years ago

It's like they are reading my mind when they decide which characters to kill!

#514 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It does look, however, that Fear the walking dead, may be drastically improved, and catch my attention better in the 2nd season, by the previews.

you are just being lured in by Zombie air disasters

#517 8 years ago

Does ANYONE actually care about Abraham/Sasha/Rosita like, at all? I've hated Abraham and his tryhard-tough-but-ineffective facade since he was introduced, Sasha is just frustratingly moody and inept when the show requires it, and Rosita is literally pointless. The new character Jesus is 100x better written and more interesting than these other 3 combined even after seasons of exposure...

You have to have some boring characters or else everybody will be over-the-top...tough guy sheriff, samurai lady, redneck tracker etc. You need some filler around them or else they are like the Avengers.

#531 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Carl.... and that stupid over-sized hat.

Hey, his head has grown into it since he aged abnormally fast!

#532 8 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I care about Rosita

they stopped making her wear Lara Croft outfits for some reason...

#540 8 years ago

arrow through the eye socket for spoilers

#547 8 years ago

maybe the virus should evolve

#548 8 years ago

or steal a star trek borg plot and have a sentient walker that lives among them..."hey Ralph, how's it going?", "more body parts fell off today", "cool, I'll stop by later for a drink"

#551 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Try "Z-Nation"...oh boy do they evolve!

Check. Just added 2 seasons to netflix instant.

#562 8 years ago

shot in shoulder so he can't use his arm

#564 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

He is a bad ass

he had a brain fart in his uber redneck tracking skills "somehow"...

#578 8 years ago

Daryl isn't dead...they wouldn't kill him in such a lame way. Hopefully Michonne gets hit with a ricochet from his shoulder...so we can stop seeing Rick slobber on her shoulder in the morning.

#581 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Pack up your shit and go and a nice spacious ISLAND....

hordes...the hordes prevent long distance group travel...that's the way they presented it in the past at least.

#584 8 years ago

For what it's worth, it looks like FTWD is heading towards this 'at sea' idea. At least, the finale suggested it, and the previews seem to indicate that direction.

the previews make it look like it doesn't go well either...maybe the writers got tired of the "find an island" solution

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

it doesnt take a high powered (and LOUD) rifle to take them down...

you can just hit them with a staff apparently...Morgan does it all the time with zero head "penetration"

#590 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

snapping their necks?

I guess...yet sometimes they find just heads chomping away, no body. I thought it was brain stem that had to be stabbed...they need to tighten that up and maybe have some more "close calls" when stabbing walkers

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If I mention that Bruce Willis is a ghost at the end of sixth sense, now 15 years after the movie was released, is that really still a spoiler? I don't think so.

No, but a comparison to a movie that made 700 million dollars doesn't seem really accurate. In other words, you'd have to have lived under a rock not to have heard the end of that movie by now, whereas less than 1% of the population has read the comic--total guess, probably 1/10 of 1%.

#616 8 years ago

I don't watch the "talking" shows, they annoy me. I don't typically seek out news about the show on the interwebs either--unless I just happen across it.

I just watch the show.

#667 8 years ago
Quoted from dmilo:

It's not Rick or Carl

It probably isn't but the part about feeding his eye to his dad doesn't prove anything. At all. Zero. That show intentionally misdirects. That said, if you got smashed in the top of head with barbed wire bat you'd be dead and they are not going to kill off the star of the show...from that bit of logic I'll agree it's not Rick, but technically it could've been.

And yes, shut the f%$! up about the comics whether you think it's a spoiler or not...I thought that was all hashed out?

#670 8 years ago

No one really searched or patted down Rick's gang

right..someone should've kamikazied Negan. That's what I was thinking. I'm going to assume they patted them down when I wasn't looking.

#683 8 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

And what the heck happened to Jesus?!?

Right...he could've taken out several of these guys with his Caine-esque abilities.

PS What does it say about the "scouting" abilities of Rick's crew that a unified army of 100's of well armed and well dressed people are within spitting distance.

#688 8 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

I'm betting Abraham.

I'll go with that...they were setting him up with his hopeful dialogue earlier in the episode. Then they leave Sasha alone though and she's already had her breakdown story so maybe she tries to intervene and gets off'd as well. Double bonus kill.

#692 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I didnt recgonize that guy.....anyone recognize him from previous episodes?

Wasn't he a hilltop guy?

#707 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

episodes of Billions and Better Call Saul left

Better Call Saul is great, never watched Billions. If you have Amazon Prime, Mad Dogs is great--just a 1 season show though

1 week later
#755 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

its way time for the son to go.

He's OK, please kill off the sister..PLEASE!

Thought the episode was good. Think of the early TWD episodes...I stopped watching those entirely for a couple seasons because of Rick's wife and the drama with her new baby Daddy. I waited until I could blaze through them on netflix.

#763 8 years ago

Review of last season:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/09/28/5-big-problems-with-fear-the-walking-dead/#13d1d3d35e41

Says much the same as here...boring, huge drop off from TWD in comparison etc.

It's possible it'll be gone if this year sucks too--speculation of course.

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Tonight's episode wasnt bad

They are all still alive...probably most "action-packed" episode so far...light on teen drama

#769 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Starting to be hooked.

Finally something is happening...the "setup" episodes are way too slow. Strand as the antagonist-type livens things up a bit. They need some more conflict other than lame teen drama stuff. Some crazy interesting shit better happen in Mexico.

#772 7 years ago

Now that's what you call "Stranding someone at sea"!

Which was weird because they put almost as much backstory into that woman and burn-face as they have everybody else! Maybe they'll show up again?(!)?

#774 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh yeah, They will beat the boat to Mexico, and shred the son as zombies!

Who knows...it sort of seems like they are shooting from the hip in the writing dept.

#777 7 years ago

Maybe they'll run into the "Governor" before he was the Gov, a Better Call Saul type of thing...start pulling out all the stops. Promote a "crossover" with TWD characters--that's always a good sign for a show(sarcasm).

#781 7 years ago

Strand sure is well dressed

#785 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

druggie kid is a super hero

every swim scene I think the same thing. I'm imagining a backstory that they left out where he was a championship swimmer before he became pillhead.

#791 7 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

jumped off his boat

What WAS his plan there?

#793 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I'm thinking Salazar took them

that's what happened...Salazar took the clip(s)

#795 7 years ago

they are going to turn him in to a stone cold killer...psycho meltdown storyline with Travis all concerned. "Get away from me Dad!! You totally don't know me anymore...I'm full of zombie angst!!"

#798 7 years ago

Right, that episode was a bit garbage...even the most "exciting" scene was lame--the brother bites 2 of the 3 full grown militant guys? Come on. The writing just seems like they scratch it out on a napkin at breakfast and then roll the cameras.

#803 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

We are supposed to believe these stupid people are suddenly hardened? The mom is a bad ass already? The father was a pacifist just a few days ago. Now his arms are tied behind his back and he still takes out a commando looking dude using a head butt? I don't think so.

This is all explained away by backstory elements that the writers will think up while at lunch at Taco Johns.

2 weeks later
#816 7 years ago

Papa better make it out of the fire...he was by far the best actor on the show--not to mention the deepest character. I think the fire at the end is symbolic of what they are doing to the show...maybe an inside writers joke.

#819 7 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

He ain't making it out, that whole compound burned down.

See also: Glenn

It's the magic of television...anything is possible

#821 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

My fear it will turn into a crazy lady and druggie cult of the dead chasing them.

Same exact story in Z Nation...it was even in Mexico.

2 weeks later
#836 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

For TWD itself, I think many will be glued to the opening episode. Im hoping for writing changes in our characters, and new feelings to surface.

I heard that the FTWD writers are writing lots of crossover episodes

2 months later
#844 7 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Can't wait for the drama on pinside after the show.

The show is basically TWD with new, less interesting characters...I thought it was supposed to give a different take or go in different direction. That seems to be the root of the problems with it. People directly compare it to TWD.

#851 7 years ago

FTWD S2/Ep08, "Nick is a Friggin Idiot"

#852 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

The only part i didnt like....was when Nick was in the zombie group....and they just magically over run the guys with guns.

also, why would that nice, clean lady and her kid hug and kiss him at the beginning? He is covered in guts.

#854 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

"Yeah, I'm just going to set my extra bullets down on the ground in front of this zombie horde while I reload. Whoops, I was too slow. Guess I'll just let them eat me. Argh!"

no, no...he was "spooked" because zombie Nick was giving him the stink eye!

#860 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Besides smearing an ounce of blood on themselves to go unnoticed by zombies, this was actually a good episode.

right. In TWD they needed actual guts on them.

Still, why did they do this show? It's TWD 2 or TWD West...what is the "different" take we are getting? I'll watch because there's nothing else on..but...

1 week later
#865 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It's TWD 2 or TWD West...what is the "different" take we are getting? I'll watch because there's nothing else on..but...

another "OK" episode.

same writing formula as TWD, split up group, crazy stuff ensues, only difference I think is that the characters aren't as likable. ??

#873 7 years ago

The guy killed the chicken, that's stand your ground stuff

#877 7 years ago

Those actors better be looking in to "other projects" this show is gone:

I explored The Walking Dead’s ratings in an earlier By The Numbers post when I compared it to HBO’s Game of Thrones. But here’s a quick recap: The Walking Dead‘s sixth season averaged 13.15 million Live+Same Day viewers while scoring an impressive 6.48 rating in the advertiser-friendly 18-49 demographic. When you take into account Live+7 Day numbers, season six averaged 18.9 million viewers while leading all TV shows in the 18-49 demo rating.

Fear The Walking Dead drew in roughly 10 million Live+Same Day viewers for its season one premiere last year. Since then, however, the show has been losing audience numbers like its characters lose chunks of flesh. By the end of season one, FTWD was averaging around 6.5 million real-time viewers. In the first half of season two, that number shrank to around 4.5 million and the two episodes the series has aired since returning posted just 3.7 million viewers and a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demo. Even when factoring in Live+7 Day ratings, FTWD can’t compete with TWD.

#883 7 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Ophelia & Alicia said there's hot water left when they 1st got to the hotel. Hell why would anyone leave!!

they'll use it all up washing the "blood face" off if they continue to do that every episode.

#887 7 years ago

I watched first 5 minutes until the girl was getting a surfing lesson(!), complete with swimsuit. It hit me then that I don't care what happens to anyone on this show--it's really terrible. I'm out. If it makes a comeback I'll catch up on netflix but I can't see any way this isn't cancelled.

#890 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Fridays 2 hour Z nation premiere!

I'm all caught up and have the 2 hour on DVR.

1 month later
#948 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

But this episode was a 10 out of 10.

doesn't hold a candle to the FTWD episode where the attractive aussie lady learns to surf in her new swimsuit

#949 7 years ago

+1
I heard Rick's nose-snot bubble has it's own twitter account

2 weeks later
#979 7 years ago

Dwight makes a helluva sandwich! That made me hungry.

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

What's the deal with the guys inside the fence with the walkers?

looks like the guys who get kicked out get stuck on a pole, and the semi-losers in the sweatshirts have the job of sticking them in there...for all the rest to view as a reminder.

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Is that what it mean to "gain points?"

maybe--hadn't thought of that. Maybe you have to "level up" in Negan's world. He's probably an old D&D player.

#990 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

"torture" of Darryl was just ridiculously weak

I think he wanted more "mental" torture than physical since he was grooming him to be sidekick..though he did iron Dwight's face but that was a payback for escaping.

#993 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dwight and Negan "are cool" even though Negan is screwing Dwight's wife.

#1005 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I wasnt sure if that area was a

It's Dwight's lunch spot

#1032 7 years ago

Where's Sasha? She could hit a fly at 100 yards. Easily take out Negan.

#1040 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Ummm...
They didn't kill Negan and his crew because they're vastly outnumbered by them, outgunned, they have one of their friends as a prisoner,

cut the head off the snake and every guy that has doubts in his crew would flee.

Also, if they made a move Darryl would open a can of wuppass and that dude Jesus would pop out of the bushes...game over man. Game over.

#1042 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

As a previous poster stated, there is no reason to think that killing "Negan" wouldn't result in mass casualties in Alexandria.

One way to find out!!!

They've hinted at the weakness of the individual cult members with that sandwich making ironed face Dwight already...foreshadowing...seems obvious that will eventually be the way Negan and his crew fall.

#1046 7 years ago

This is same way they always run the seasons....cliff hangar "answer", then split up everyone and have an episode on each micro-group(people hate the episodes on their disliked characters), then the "boss battle", then cliff hangar. Wrap. Only the odd season here or there varies and has more of a whirlwind pace.

#1053 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

split up everyone and have an episode on each micro-group(people hate the episodes on their disliked characters)

Case in point

#1056 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

writers have done a darryl, a carol, a rick, a tara, and someone they will tie these all together,
sounds either like a long road or a short payoff.

they are fans of the multiple viewpoint novel I guess(probably Game of Thrones fans)...in a book it keeps you reading because you want to get to the next chapter(4 or 5 chapters ahead) when they get back to that character. In a TV show, this technique doesn't work as well because you have to wait a week(2,3,4,5?!) to get back to the character you like or tie them together. Especially true when you have lopsided talent in a show like TWD...there's a reason people are "supporting" actors or "character" actors vs "lead" actors.

#1070 7 years ago

In the comic, Carl becomes Negan's sidekick and turns out even more sadistic than Negan himself! Carl actually feeds Rick to that other dude's Tiger...also, turns out the Zombie virus could be cured with a triple dose of Cold-Eeze.

Seriously, no comic talk...even if it's a this instead of that type thing, put a lid on it.

#1072 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Someone discusses what was different "oh, he's dead in the comic" and then goes on to die in the show, just a bit later or differently.

this is the main reason...or similar situation. Easier/safer just to ban all the comic otherwise it's up to the judgement of the person dropping the info.

#1090 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

There also would not be very many zombies in a rural area.

plant a zombie on top of 3 or 4 corn seeds....Squanto taught me that

#1095 7 years ago
Quoted from fugus:

That last ep with the female camp needed more hotties.

disagree 100%. I find the glossy, everybody is hot formula not only unrealistic, but too distracting. Regular ugly people in a good story. There are other outlets if you want to watch unrealistic hot people....besides, in real life all the overly attractive people have had stuff handed to them their whole lives so they'd be eaten day 1 (half kidding there).

#1110 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Why not go start a comic book thread and talk about it there? No risk of pissing people off here, and you'll be able to freely talk about it with other fans of the comic.

thewalkingdead website has a comic section with comments/forum

#1122 7 years ago

If you have to speak in code, why not just speak freely in a comic discussion thread?

#1135 7 years ago

a simple sweeping motion would've mowed them all down

Make it somewhat believable/logical writers!!

1 week later
#1149 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

One way to find out!!!
They've hinted at the weakness of the individual cult members with that sandwich making ironed face Dwight already...foreshadowing...seems obvious that will eventually be the way Negan and his crew fall.

nailed it...Dwight and/or his "ex" wife obviously left that note for Darryl since Darryl's bike was ready to roll w/the keys.

Also:

Quoted from Wickerman2:Also, if they made a move Darryl would open a can of wuppass and that dude Jesus would pop out of the bushes...game over man. Game over.

Nostradamus...who needs the comic book?

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I thought it was Jesus?

Is that a "I thought it was Jesus" because I read the comic and that's what happened? I don't want comic knowledge and realistically Jesus couldn't have pulled it off regardless

#1159 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

but if he did sign his name that would be begging for someone to come and kill him if one of the Saviors found the note.

Jesus Longbeard
3rd Bldg From Left
Hilltop, Apocalypse

#1165 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

thats if she wants to get back to the (bad ass) Carol we used to know. (and love)

Didn't she already arc from nice to tough to nice BACK to tough and now she is "nice" again...how many times can they pull that off?

#1175 7 years ago

Negan seems TOO much like an unbelievable comic book character. I think that's why the ratings are diving. They need to ax him quick.

#1185 7 years ago

They should do a crossover w/FTWD and have Rick and his crew slaughter that whole cast.

#1194 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I had no idea that she was 31 in real life.

stalker alert

#1197 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

she was that old.

31!! I wish I were 31 again!

3 weeks later
#1213 7 years ago

http://www.livescience.com/57407-zombie-apocalypse-would-take-100-days.html

The zombie apocalypse won't take long.

A new article in a peer-reviewed student journal finds that the zombie hordes would take Earth's population down to a mere 273 survivors in 100 days.

The paper, published in the University of Leicester's Journal of Physics Special Topics, was a fanciful use of the so-called SIR model, which is used in epidemiology to simulate how diseases spread over time.

1 month later
#1225 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

While not a realistic scene

lucky thing both those cars fired right up!

Plus, won't the fact that those 2 cars are in a different spot clue in the saviors? They certainly didn't blow up in that smallish explosion...

#1231 7 years ago

Moved does not equal just got the grease monkey 20 point tune up and actually driven....

#1235 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who said that it did?
If the Saviors were able to start those cars and get them moved to that spot, why wouldn't they start up for Rick?
Again, of all things to criticize...

this exchange is why people think you hate Heighway in the Alien thread...

of all the things to contentiously debate for christsakes

#1236 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

But how was that cable attached? If it was to the frame it would be 6" off the ground at the car and dragging most of the middle. And higher on the car and the bumpers or whatever it was attached to would tear off when pulled taught. Never mind while ripping through all of those bodies.

they are both stunt drivers as well, driving dead straight! Cool scene either way.

1 week later
#1253 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

The junkyard scenes were almost unbearable to watch. When they showed Rick with a bunch of junkyard in the background , it didn't look professional at all . Green screen special.

That was pretty SyFy channel looking.

Good episode. I am really surprised that Rick cutting himself all up whilst battling spikey head did not contract the zombivirus.

#1263 7 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Episode sucked last night.

What was worse specifically as compared to the rest of the season(s)?

Seems like it's following the usual TWD pattern of character development. Aside from the cheesy CGI, you can't deny it was heartwarming seeing Daryl Carol reunited. That last hug put you over the edge...you were crying and you know it.

They always throw in some slow filler setup episodes. This is nothing new.

It's still better than most of the rest of TV(not saying much but still).

#1276 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

Funny when you see Daryl patting the tiger and his thumb goes right into the tiger's eye.

I've had several Tiger's. Tiger's love that. In the wild they actually poke their eyes with tree limbs.

#1283 7 years ago

The molten walkers will do...what? He just wants them to stick to the fence longer? If they are solid metal you can climb over them. Whatever, sounds cool.

I like the Eugene undercover or possibly 180 soap opera. Now they'll get to tell the "inside" story of Negan's joint for a while.

Every season is: resolve cliff hanger, setup next battle, filler x 6(?), big battle, cliff hanger. Fin. Shouldn't be surprised by the pace, this is what they do and it's worked.

#1285 7 years ago

“I’m not good. I’m not lawful, neutral, or chaotic — none of the above.”

#1289 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

putting liquid metal on them and letting it form as armor on the skin.

They would be immobilized then...unable to turn head and snap at people, unable to move arm and grab. Seems like it'll be just a walker fence with walkers unable to attack. It will look cool, seems like nonsense for a defense. You'd be better off fitting spikes or razor wire.

#1291 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Well, we saw what happens when you throw a doctor into a normal open fire

1 week later
#1298 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

automatic weapons?

So there was a carnival sponsored by the National Guard? I think I missed Rick's mumbled explanation of that place...Army Funhouse? Fortuitous either way.

#1314 7 years ago

Good episode. 7/10 popcorns. Killer Carol is back, Morgan's gone crazy like the old days, and the King and his round table are going to fight the over-acting baseball bat guy. What's not to love?

All that's left to do is for Rick to go to Lilith Fair and get their guns, give them to the prematurely retarded people and it's game on for the finale!

#1320 7 years ago

It's not about the amount of melons. It's about screwing with them and showing they have power over them.

#1322 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

You'd think these guys would learn not to bring their guns to the meeting area.

good point...stash them before the drop if you're not willing to open fire on them!

1 week later
#1349 7 years ago

My guess is Eugene has some secret, overly complicated plot to take down everyone.

#1350 7 years ago

The molten metal zombies are looking good...they are "hands free" as well. Nice.

#1354 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

That would make his character worth while, otherwise what a pussy,

I'm picturing Eugene explaining to Negan, just before Negan dies, using unnecessarily complex words, how he took him down and why--because Negan killed his friend Abraham. That would be a great scene. Won't happen though, we have to have superhero Rick involved in every key event in the new world order.

1 week later
#1365 7 years ago

On to the big finish.

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

but after Negan, I need to see them shake this up a bit.

Negan has been a bust as far as I'm concerned. Unless they are keeping him around and developing more next season, he's lame. His dialogue is lame, they haven't done much to draw you in to the Saviors whole community either. The show is good, not great this season. It's still way better than most shows and I'll keep watching but that's not saying a lot.

The "build-up" lacks tension as well. Rick and crew had all their stuff stolen by Negan, they steal stuff from someone else in hopes they can steal stuff and end Negan...meh. The Garbage Pail kids are 100% going to double or triple cross them as well.

#1370 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's Monday, time for more complanin'!

Blehhhh, WHATeverrrrrr...I like the show and said it was better than most, it's fun to come up with constructive ideas to make it better. No rule says we have to kiss ass on 100%.

Start a TWD, "no constructive critique" thread

#1383 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Eugene's style of speech is a true gem.

full disclosure, it is not hypoallergenic

#1389 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The Garbage Pail kids are 100% going to double or triple cross them as well.

Easy call. Bummer they didn't end Negan--he sucks, but my other prediction still has a shot:

Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm picturing Eugene explaining to Negan, just before Negan dies, using unnecessarily complex words, how he took him down and why--because Negan killed his friend Abraham. That would be a great scene.

#1396 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

To those who are "done" with this show: see you in October!

#1413 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

She has the lead in the new Star Trek......

Nice...on my watch list. Looking forward to a fresh Start Trek series. Also going to try to catch American Gods, that book was great.

#1420 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

few more seasons. Bank on that.

no way, they can't sustain his overly clever dialogue for that long. He's gone next season.

#1422 7 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

The way Negan talks is so freaking awesome.

we'll agree to disagree on that

#1427 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The most disappointing thing to me is that Tara somehow made it through to another season

they should shake it up and have them lose to Negan...everyone slaughtered. Start fresh in Canada focusing on a new group.

#1438 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

prepare for a war if they want to survive. I suspect they will need to recruit the women from the ocean to have reinforcements.

Why wouldn't Negan immediately load up the trucks and go wipe them out? That doesn't make sense, even for TWD.

2 months later
#1453 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Bringing back the El Salvador dude, who was the strongest character previously, seems like a good move.

That was a DAM good episode.

After all the good reviews I gave the show a second chance...I quit 3/4 through last season...it's getting better.

Daniel was the best actor and they brought him back!!!

1 week later
#1457 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Sister who grew up hating druggie boy's actions is suddenly party animal. Sleeps with guy and jumps off a cliff into a lake. Whatever.

That story line is c r a p. The writing for the sister is so cliche...it's like a writer's workshop story. The rest was a fair bit of setup...though I don't care about the drug boy's girl or their house or if she runs off or anything really.

Indians!!

#1459 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Better fix this "Native Faux Pas" before you get an SJW slamming . . .

Wasn't that a direct quote from one of the bedraggled camp guys..."Indians!?!?"

2 weeks later
#1467 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

+1, except Strand is an idiot too.

He's an interstellar idiot

#1469 6 years ago

Where was Daniel in the finale? He's the only consistently written character. Was he in the first half...maybe I have forgotten already.

1 month later
#1476 6 years ago

Bit of a snoozer with huge plot leaps...It needs more Daniel

2 weeks later
#1478 6 years ago

Worst episode of the season...I tried stabbing my brain but realized contrary to what's seen on the show, you can't easily knife a fresh skull

#1481 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I kept saying something similar to my wifey. Man it was tough to watch all the way to the end...

I watch via DVR...I ff over entire scenes of dialogue. The girl impervious to carbon dioxide talking/singing(!!) with grandma--skip. Daniel's daughter stuck in a pipe connecting with militant native american--skip. The druggie kid was the highlight for crying out loud!!

#1486 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

yet they decided to blow it away.

literally

#1487 6 years ago

“I think that we’ve finally gotten to a place with Fear the Walking Dead where it has its own identity where we can play with some things,” Kirkman said. “So what I’m going to say, and this is all I’m going to say, is that there are two Walking Dead shows. I’m not going to name them. But there are two. There’s one character that is going to go from one show that I will not name and appear in the other show, which I will not name.”

1DEAD (resized).jpg1DEAD (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1494 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

just so friggin ridiculous.

I thought it was good...I might be elderly graybeard cane Rick for Halloween.

#1498 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Oh well...still better than the reality show crap my wife watches.

100% true.

I liked the show and you can make these arguments with every episode so you have to just suspend reality....they sniped every single lookout no problem but didn't have a sniper lined up to take him out?

#1503 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I'd have emptied half the magazine in him as soon as I heard Negan's voice.

right! close your eyes, pull the trigger and twirl around in circles like a madman until you are out of ammo...that would have been awesome. The preacher giving a primal scream the whole time, continuing after clip is empty. They should hire me as a writer.

#1511 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like Negan

He reminds me of Sarah Palin when he talks for some reason...that affected cadence to his speech or something. I think he is terrible. They should have a Mexican standoff and wipeout the entire cast. Start fresh! That would be original.

1 week later
#1540 6 years ago

More garbage people

#1549 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I would like to go 7 years between oil changes.

Daryll is type-cast as a redneck so he is, therefore, a master mechanic in the eyes of TV writers. He runs Alexandria Automotive.

Quoted from gweempose:

Had we seen Jesus in hand-to-hand combat before? I was shocked by how easily he defeated Morgan in that fight.

He clearly studied with Segal before the collapse. I would recognize that slap style aikido anywhere. I think Jesus is a 6th level Shihan.

#1577 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Why did they keep zooming in on the Toxic Waste label? Did is say something important I missed?

I'm was thinking this is where they introduce some "new" zombies...they looked a little more cottage cheesy in that gulch but maybe a toxic storyline is in the works. Maybe the Tiger comes back as a toxic super-Tiger?

Gunfire/car chases, whatever, they are always unbelievable and fake as shit in movies/TV. I liked the King's story, thought it was one of the best of the season so far!

2 weeks later
#1627 6 years ago

So the gargage people make cool wire craft sculptures while nude in a junkyard during apocalypse. Hope they are up to date on tetanus shots!

1 week later
#1650 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The show is getting more far fetched

I don't have a problem with the far "fetchedness"--it's about zombies after all! I hate what I call the "Three's Company" story lines. Where something just has to go wrong in some whacky way every time. A comedy of errors.

Just let them kill Negan and move the story along. An entire season of the "war" is too much.

1 week later
#1719 6 years ago

If they could somehow just kill the accent that Maggie uses, the show would be golden in my book.

2 months later
#1767 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

They need to quickly finish out this poorly written Negan war and find some season 1 or 3 magic again. Maybe go into DC and find some new Walkers with a twist.

They handle soft skulled zombies so easily now--hardly a care--why don't they travel? Maybe search out something more than an Atlanta suburb or whatever? Head North where maybe the zombies would freeze off in the first couple winters. Head to a coast and try for a ship. Something exciting--new. Having a turf war with a decapitating torturer/maniac for rights to a shitty tick filled forest area hardly seems worth the trouble. Every vehicle they have is in top, start on first crank shape. They have fuel all the time. Hell, one of them could probably get a 747 going and fly it the way they write the show. Spread your wings TWD!!! Fly!!!!

#1783 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Coral is still dying.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-environment-corals/coral-reefs-at-risk-of-dissolving-as-oceans-get-more-acidic-study-idUSKCN1G62LS

It's the acidification.

Good episode. Gotta give Coral his due. Besides, just as he died, another psycho youth is spawned. Morgan Jr.

My only gripe is they didn't show Judith strapped to Daryl's gas tank going 90 on a dirt road...he's nanny of the year.

#1789 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Another episode in darkness.

That's weird. I had no issues with this. I've got a brand new TV. Maybe it's a 4k quality type thing? You could always crank up your contrast.

#1792 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The show is meant to be watched in HD just like everything else these days

Even OTA is HD these days...and 4k OTA is coming soon. My HD antenna broadcast is the "version" that looks best usually.

#1800 6 years ago

If you hate show after show after show after show, why watch? I would bail out. Life is too short and there's plenty of great things to do in life...whether that be TV shows or other things. Seriously, the way some of you guys talk you must be masochists. OR, take a break and then binge the show in a couple years and it won't be so painful. I hated this show in the Rick's wife soap opera phase so I took a break for a couple seasons, then burned through all those after I heard it took a turn in another direction.

#1813 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I didn't even realize Carl shot himself.

he had a whole conversation telling them he would do it so they wouldn't have to....they showed him pulling out his gun...they showed Rick outside when they heard the shot and flinched.

I see the problem here: you watched a different show!

#1818 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

was quite dark and boring so I must have tuned out or was playing HQ at the same time. And if you know me, I'm usually watching a show or movie every detail not on my phone or PC, and I'll watch the same show/movie many times to pick up the leas nuance. But this show/episode is very dark and a lot of weepiness so I must have not been that into it.

Yoda: Watch or don't watch, there is no "I must have tuned out or was playing HQ at the same time" and then bitched about not noticing shit

#1840 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Negan must not be very athletic.

he's just trying to make contact

2 weeks later
#1892 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

When the dump queen pureed her former clan all I was thinking was "Where the hell is she getting the power for that thing?"

didn't they mention solar panels near there or something?

I thought it was a good episode. Finally some new stuff getting set in motion...getting sick of the Negan drag out though. Just kill him and move on. Now we have to listen to his terrible dialogue while being tortured by awkward garbage artist.

7 popcorns

1 week later
#1910 6 years ago

Another decent episode but seriously, let's move on from Negan.

Watched the opener of The Terror...8/10 popcorns.

2 weeks later
#1990 6 years ago

Welcome to the United States of Coralmerica

#2021 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

why there's hate for "the junkie son" -- I think his character is very well done.

his sister is/was worse...painful storyline

2 weeks later
#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Awesome episode! If you havent caught it, start last week, and give it a shot....No idea where they will go with this story line, which is something that had been missing from TWD.

I was just starting to like that kid...

3 months later
#2098 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Love the beginning!

Ha! That looked like a scene straight out of Z Nation with the zombies bouncing along in the wind. The special effects on Fear need some upgrades but I thought it was a good episode. I still don't believe a thing about ?Alicia's character...that story line is forced or she doesn't sell it or something. I predict that superfly mansion gets wiped out forcing the band to get back together after the storm.

#2102 5 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

If a storm is strong enough to blow ONE walker through the air it would blow ALL of them.

What if each walker has a different mass?

1 month later
#2121 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

we finally see the characters go into Washington DC

maybe they'll find that helicopter Rick heard while he was riding his horse to doom in Atlanta 8 years ago or whatever

3 weeks later
#2142 5 years ago

wouldn't be any worse than a guy getting up from being impaled with 24" rebar "just" in time since 2 hordes were literally 20 feet away from him.

That said, I think the show's still got some life...they are slow walking the "new threat" though. People don't have the patience for setup episodes when it's already a slow story line compared to past seasons.

#2152 5 years ago

h?

3 months later
#2264 5 years ago

She pulled the trigger

#2278 5 years ago

Good news! Lots of other shows to try(too many really--people are spoiled with expectations):

TVSHOWS (resized).pngTVSHOWS (resized).png
#2281 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

vicious chickens.

Netflix would make that show. Pitch it!

1 month later
#2376 5 years ago

thread is a bitch fest

2 months later
#2381 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Wow, IMO a good episode last night.

Great start...if only the Australian girl would bite it. Radioactive children or whatever sounds promising.

4 months later
#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How are there any zombies left? You’d think they’d have killed them all by now.

Just Georgia and Texas-ish?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight?tu=wickerman2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.