IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider devilsmuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1565 6 years ago

Agree with Gorgar1 these are some very nicely crafted creature figures. Definitely let us know when they are available , they look awesome!

2 years later
#2757 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Thanks for the kind words Gord! I've been through the waiting list and everyone that has asked has been notified....that said, I have 3 bowl MRS' left from this latest batch (1 in green and 2 in black) ....I'm going to shift over to building regular MRS' over the next month....so first come first serve on the 3 bowl MRS' - send me a PM...they ship same day as payment! Thanks....

Sonic , I received my MRS yesterday and put it on my machine today. I had to mount it differently because I have Professor Pinballs
Pinduino and lighting installed on my machine . So what I did was move the location of the MRS counterclockwise to about 1 or 2 o'clock and located it up higher because of the light strips on the bowl. It is working great and only down side it that it registers 1 less revolution because of its location a little further down stream. But thats not the end of the world lol I just need to be a better player

Thank you

IMG_20191228_142918 (resized).jpgIMG_20191228_142918 (resized).jpgIMG_20191228_143119 (resized).jpgIMG_20191228_143119 (resized).jpg
10 months later
#3301 3 years ago

Yup after two sets cracking right there, I bent both metal scoops ( Snackbar and Kiss) to be more curved and have a lower profile so the plastic wouldn't touch it and have not had a problem since. Something they should have done in at the factory.

1 week later
#3396 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

When I installed the Cliffy protector on my Snackbar I was getting ball hang ups as well. The protector has a clip that fastens to the underside of the PF and the ball would just touch it and couldn't roll down to the VUK. Many people bend the clip down, but I ended up just adding a couple washers under the metal (red circles). There's enough play that the ball is freed up.
[quoted image]

Haha me too. I took my Snack Mod apart last night to free up the ball jam. I had to loosen a ramp to get at all the nuts topside. I removed the cliffy bent the clip so that it rested tighter to the underside of the playfield and I even removed the little stainless steel Deflector Bracket under the playfeild and bent the edge down to meet the plastic subway better. My Creech is Happy now Honestly It was bugging me but I was being lazy until I read your posts. Thanks

1 month later
#3517 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:Ok. Question for the group. Does anyone know where I could get the two decals fir the window? They seem to be pretty hard to come by.
If not, are there any suggestions on how to clean up my window without damaging the decals?

You mean the two decals for the playfield window?
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/decals-playfield-ramp/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-window-decal-set/

#3521 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Are these ones opaque? The original ones are transparent. Sort of like the decals Marco sells for the whirlpool. You can see through the originals but the replicas are solid so you can't.

No that's the backer you are looking at. The decals have the adhesive on the top side of the decal instead of the back.

1 week later
#3558 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I don't quite understand the photo you posted. Looks like your black spacer is on top of the ramp, but your missing the nylon lock nut that holds it in place. Your post did give me an idea though. I looked through used ramps for sale on Pinside. Hard to get a clear image but here's what I found.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
It looks like the spacer is located under the ramp with the nylon lock nut. The only thing on the top side is the head of the screw. Again, it's tough to see.
[EDIT] Here are some that are clearly show the spacer on top of the ramp. To me, this makes the most sense. I mean, why even have a spacer if it's underneath not doing anything? Having it on top makes more sense, it would elevate the creature ramp. Maybe this is why I'm only getting 2 spins max out of my whirlpool.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I'm definitely going to move it. It makes no sense the way it is installed now. I wonder how long it has been this way? Such a small thing, but I think this is having an effect on gameplay.
Thanks for the help guys!

Funny I have owned my creature since 1994 and my ramp/ bolt spacer is like yours on the bottom side of the ramp too. All ramps are original. Guess I will flip top side too. Thanks lol

#3584 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I just realised this plastic is broken on my machine. It must have been broken for a while. I bought it like this and just never noticed it. At least I think it's broken right???
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Part number looks like 31-1698-5-SP
Does anyone have a used one they are willing to part with and ship to Canada?

I got one for you. PM sent

#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Got two? I need one too.

Sorry PinJim, just had one spare of that one plastic from a replacement set I purchase years ago to replace the cracked snackbar and cracked tail light plastics, over the ss scoops. Then bent down the scoops and haven't had any broken plastics since.

3 weeks later
#3712 3 years ago

No problem @Fifty. I had that set stored in a flat file ever since I purchased them 20 plus years ago and they haven't seen the light of day since.

#3758 3 years ago

Yup Sonic is the dude , M&M Creations. He will hook you up. I have one and I get more revolutions than with the old micro switch. Highly recommend.

#3768 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Usually I just let the ball do it's own thing. If I give her a good nudge I can maybe get 3 rotations.
I have a weird screw/washer setup where the wireform meets the whirlpool. Maybe I need to invest some time in this location to get my rotations up?
[quoted image]

Leveling it L to R seems easy enough. T to B should be the same pitch as the playfield no?

Fifty I get 5 or 6 revolutions maybe 7 sometimes but, I used to get 3 with the old switch. I had read to Not wax the bowl as the extra slickness will slow the balls roll, it slides more than rolls. So no wax = more rolls.

3 weeks later
#3819 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

That's what I use and can't complain ...
[quoted image]

Nice high score there Manny65

1 month later
#3865 3 years ago

You can try this one
https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product-page/creature-shooter-rod

I have this one , it stares at your pocket though I bought it from a pinsider several years ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/42600

IMG_20210421_082505 (resized).jpgIMG_20210421_082505 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3933 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

OK I am in the club and could not be more excited and happy! At 50 I finally got my first pin and it is Creature from the Black Lagoon! It happened by chance at a cost I could not refuse and was fast enough to respond to the ad. I love working and tinkering on it. The kids all love playing it and dropped the iPads like hot potatoes, mission accomplished. Currently, it is pulled apart for a shop, new balls, all ramps, plastics and rubber is getting replaced after a real good clean and polish. My Creech hologram is dead and does not even show up. I know about the LCD screen mods but are not a fan. I feel it is distracting and takes away from the "reward" seeing the Creech when you have played to that point by having video play in the lagoon all the time plus it is not a hologram. If there is no other option then ok but there is one on the horizon...
I have my eye on the company Looking Glass to release their hologram portrait in September this year. It is affordable, is a real hologram (or as close as we are going to get), you can load your own 3D animation/video and has a built-in Raspberry Pi4.
https://lookingglassfactory.com/portrait
Anyway, I love reading the old post, all 79 pages of it. Thank you!

Welcome Mellow, My hologram went blue a long time ago so instead of replacing it I went with this kit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/03836-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-hologram-replacement-kit

Its a more economical solution.
I really like it it shows up well and it pretty easy to install. I get your point as far as a LCD screen being way to distracting so this kit fit the bill for me.

Good luck

3 months later
#4188 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Got a Creature in last weekend. Just ordered a Pin2dmd and looking into other mods.
2 questions:
1) Unfortunetly Holo is RIP, considering the alternative from Pinball center, used by somebody, worth the money ?
2) My speaker grills are grey painted (circles) without the Mic or Creature signs in it. Can't find these anywhere... suggestions where to get them ? Or maybe somebody as a framework/design of it so I can paint it black manually ?[quoted image]

I have had this lying around not wanting to throw it out. I took it off my machine when I installed the lighted speaker panel tail light mod. Pm me if interested.

IMG_20211012_191905 (resized).jpgIMG_20211012_191905 (resized).jpg
#4190 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Any chance of scanning or a close up straight photo with a ruler next to it so the design can be reproduced.

I surely can. I will take it to work tomorrow and get a good scan of it .

3 months later
#4332 2 years ago
Quoted from Tigger:

Wonder if they will do installment payments?
[quoted image]

Very Cool but to rich for my budget

5 months later
#4564 1 year ago

Here is a picture of my sign. I made a custom graphic for mine. And I 3D printed a base for it and used double sided tape to tape it to the plastic below.
I bought it from MidWest Model Railroad, beginning of last year but, out of stock atm.

IMG_20220708_205951 (resized).jpgIMG_20220708_205951 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#4719 1 year ago
Quoted from fschlau:

The balls quite often gets stuck under the plastic ramp at the KISS-lane, does anyone else have the same problem and does anybody have a good solution?
[quoted image]

I also agree with 2pupPinz. Your scoop is way too high. Take it out of the machine and bend it back down so when it is reinstalled in the game the top of the scoop sits just below the tail light plastic. I had to bend both scoops on my game several.years ago. They came that way from the factory and I went thru two sets of plastics because the scoops were too high and that stressed and broke the plastic that was covering the scoops.

scoop (resized).jpgscoop (resized).jpg
10 months later
#5299 7 months ago

Freddy's Pinball Palace.de (Germany) I went to their website but they are out of stock.Maybe someone else carries them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 45.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider devilsmuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome?tu=devilsmuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.