IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 115.
#3501 3 years ago

It’s pretty subtle. Just a slight sway.

#3502 3 years ago

Thanks. Another question. My hologram looks great, other than the his left hand - it’s blurry. Is that a bad hologram, or is there some way to fix it? I don’t see a lot in the way of focus adjustments....

E6818B0D-8466-4D21-AA4F-23BEEBDA5102 (resized).jpegE6818B0D-8466-4D21-AA4F-23BEEBDA5102 (resized).jpeg
#3503 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Thanks. Another question. My hologram looks great, other than the his left hand - it’s blurry. Is that a bad hologram, or is there some way to fix it? I don’t see a lot in the way of focus adjustments....[quoted image]

Get the MikeD mod.. problem solved! Lol. The holograms go bad as they age unfortunately

20201004_171415 (resized).jpg20201004_171415 (resized).jpg20201004_171453 (resized).jpg20201004_171453 (resized).jpg
#3504 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Get the MikeD mod.. problem solved!

Good luck finding one.

#3505 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Get the MikeD mod.. problem solved! Lol. The holograms go bad as they age unfortunately
[quoted image][quoted image]

There are unobtanium, correct? I’d prefer his mod. Just trying to work with what I have.

#3506 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

There are unobtanium, correct? I’d prefer his mod. Just trying to work with what I have.

understand. they do come up occasionally but not readily available. unfortunately the holograms are getting high as well, crazy there isn't a good affordable solution to this.

#3507 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

understand. they do come up occasionally but not readily available. unfortunately the holograms are getting high as well, crazy there isn't a good affordable solution to this.

there soon will be

#3508 3 years ago

Just Get a Mike d he says... easier said than done my friend. Also prepare to cash that lotto ticket when one does come up I think the last one sold for almost 1k?

#3509 3 years ago

Most of those motors are removed from creech anyway, probably because the resulting effect isn't worth the potential risk to your hologram. Yours looks like a really nice original. Personally, I wouldn't be putting a motor underneath bending it.

Earlier this year someone on pinballinfo asked me to build something that could replace the motor with a lighting rig - something that could emulate the 'ripple' effect but using LEDs. This is what we came up with.

Using the hologram (repro)

Using an edge lit acrylic

https://www.stumblorpinball.com/product/the-rippler-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-ripple-fx-board/5

#3510 3 years ago

Peek at my restore in progress. Pretty proud how the seams came out. A little trick I used a black ink Pen to blackout the white edges from the decals

3B387CE8-B75D-4E6C-B0DC-B0B791868368 (resized).jpeg3B387CE8-B75D-4E6C-B0DC-B0B791868368 (resized).jpeg
#3511 3 years ago

Looking super slick @soulrider911. Make sure you trim the decals about 1mm in from those protectors or you'll still risk getting wrinkles. Made that mistake myself!

#3512 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Peek at my restore in progress. Pretty proud how the seams came out. A little trick I used a black ink Pen to blackout the white edges from the decals
[quoted image]

Wow, looks awesome! Hope mine turns out so well!

#3513 3 years ago

stumblor already got ya! cheers

1AED01F1-B2E1-49A8-87CC-50C620682909 (resized).jpeg1AED01F1-B2E1-49A8-87CC-50C620682909 (resized).jpeg
#3514 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Nice job Daddy-O!

#3515 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Looks awesome - makes me want to do mine (it's on the list but alot of others to do first)

Well done!!

#3516 3 years ago

Ok. Question for the group. Does anyone know where I could get the two decals fir the window? They seem to be pretty hard to come by.
If not, are there any suggestions on how to clean up my window without damaging the decals?

#3517 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:Ok. Question for the group. Does anyone know where I could get the two decals fir the window? They seem to be pretty hard to come by.
If not, are there any suggestions on how to clean up my window without damaging the decals?

You mean the two decals for the playfield window?
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/decals-playfield-ramp/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-window-decal-set/

#3518 3 years ago

Awesome. I tried to order the window and decals (together as a single item) from them earlier this week, but they refunded my money today because they were out of stock. Fingers crossed that they were just out of the physical window.

#3519 3 years ago

Duplicate post

#3520 3 years ago

Are these ones opaque? The original ones are transparent. Sort of like the decals Marco sells for the whirlpool. You can see through the originals but the replicas are solid so you can't.

#3521 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Are these ones opaque? The original ones are transparent. Sort of like the decals Marco sells for the whirlpool. You can see through the originals but the replicas are solid so you can't.

No that's the backer you are looking at. The decals have the adhesive on the top side of the decal instead of the back.

#3522 3 years ago

ah crap, I would need advice (although I already made some progress, but if anyone has experience with the symptoms I have it would be nice)

My Creature is encountering multiple failures, at least partially. Sound is gone, so is Pin2DMD. Flashers/inserts/coils seem to work, at least partially.

What I checked:
- Voltage input on J501 should be 20VAC according to the schematics, straight from the transformer, I have 10V DC (!): I suppose I have something odd in my transformer ? How is it even possible to get 10V DC on a transformer 20V AC output (unless I misread my multimeter, but I checked a few times as I was super puzzled)
- Voltage output on J118 (which I use for powering Pin2DMD) should be 12V, I have zero. I have checked the fuses, they are all OK. I have yet to trace 12V generation (I suppose there is a regulator somewhere with a rectifier)

What is odd is that 20VAC failed first (ie sound was failing, so I started to look into it - I have a TiltAudio - and I noticed the TiltAudio board was not powering up, so I checked 20VAC input first, it was gone), but rest was functional. Then all of sudden 12V disappeared.

So:
- Has anyone experienced transformer failure, is this common ? I mean, to lose 20VAC is a pretty rare occurence I would think
- How is 12V generated ? I can check the schematics but if someone already has that info that would save me some time
- Would anyone has the pinout of the transformer connectors ? I can't find it in my Creech manual

Thanks and regards

#3523 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

ah crap, I would need advice (although I already made some progress, but if anyone has experience with the symptoms I have it would be nice)
My Creature is encountering multiple failures, at least partially. Sound is gone, so is Pin2DMD. Flashers/inserts/coils seem to work, at least partially.
What I checked:
- Voltage input on J501 should be 20VAC according to the schematics, straight from the transformer, I have 10V DC (!): I suppose I have something odd in my transformer ? How is it even possible to get 10V DC on a transformer 20V AC output (unless I misread my multimeter, but I checked a few times as I was super puzzled)
- Voltage output on J118 (which I use for powering Pin2DMD) should be 12V, I have zero. I have checked the fuses, they are all OK. I have yet to trace 12V generation (I suppose there is a regulator somewhere with a rectifier)
What is odd is that 20VAC failed first (ie sound was failing, so I started to look into it - I have a TiltAudio - and I noticed the TiltAudio board was not powering up, so I checked 20VAC input first, it was gone), but rest was functional. Then all of sudden 12V disappeared.
So:
- Has anyone experienced transformer failure, is this common ? I mean, to lose 20VAC is a pretty rare occurence I would think
- How is 12V generated ? I can check the schematics but if someone already has that info that would save me some time
- Would anyone has the pinout of the transformer connectors ? I can't find it in my Creech manual
Thanks and regards

https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC is a great resource for information

The below shows the transformer connections to the Power Driver board

WPC089_power_summary (resized).pngWPC089_power_summary (resized).png
#3524 3 years ago

Another piece of the puzzle...

EDC2277C-6E1D-4B6D-B7E9-8FD443FC10F8 (resized).jpegEDC2277C-6E1D-4B6D-B7E9-8FD443FC10F8 (resized).jpeg

#3525 3 years ago

Nice. I have one of those on order as well.

#3526 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

[quoted image]

I'm so jealous.

#3527 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

[quoted image]

Is that a screened back glass?

#3528 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

It looks like it comes from CPR.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/cftbl-glass/

Gord

#3529 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

It's a CPR silkscreened mirrored backglass. They were just recently on sale. I almost pulled the trigger on one.

#3530 3 years ago

oooo man I tried to order one a while back and they where gone, just ordered one !!

#3531 3 years ago

Does anyone know what rubbers are correct for the window? Pic added since my description is lacking, ha.

FFDD73CA-7EC9-449A-833D-060D619DAA7C (resized).jpegFFDD73CA-7EC9-449A-833D-060D619DAA7C (resized).jpeg
#3532 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Does anyone know what rubbers are correct for the window? Pic added since my description is lacking, ha.[quoted image]

I used these: https://www.pinballlife.com/716-od-white-mini-post-rubbers.html

#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

[quoted image]

So glad they offered these again!!!....missed out last time...ordered..

#3535 3 years ago

yep, that's all it moves. it's just enough to flex the plate and make it look like the creature is under water (shifting a bit)

#3536 3 years ago

Looking for a mint Creech, anyone looking to leave the club? Yes, I have seen the current ads...

#3537 3 years ago

here is a video posted today by Pinball Supernova

#3538 3 years ago

Has anyone seen this issue before?

The wire gate next to my snackbar hole is getting snagged on the nylon lock nut. I've exaggerated it in this photo to show the gate can actually be suspended partially open. A shot up the middle can sometimes cause the gate to bounce open, get snagged and result in a rejected the ball. It all happens in the blink of an eye. This issue started happening after I installed the pink rubber posts from Titan.

- I compared the sizes of the pink post rubbers to the original black ones. They are identical in size.
- I double checked the installation of the pink post closest to the gate. It is installed correctly.

I don't see any correlating issue between the install of the new post rubbers and the gate.

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

#3539 3 years ago

Fifty I had an issue like this in the past. 2 things you can try. First loosen the mounting screws for the gate on both sides I think you can move a bit left to right as the holes are slotted if my memory serves me .

The other option is to squeeze the gate (bend it a little) to make it just a bit thinner. Hope this helps

I looked at mine and it looks like you may actually have a larger nut?? Lol
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3540 3 years ago

Made some progress on my custom acrylic backboard, thought I would share

bb (resized).pngbb (resized).png
#3541 3 years ago

Made some progress on my custom acrylic backboard, thought I would share [quoted image]

nice work, looking forward to the end results

#3542 3 years ago

fifty I had an issue like this in the past. 2 things you can try. First loosen the mounting screws for the gate on both sides I think you can move a bit left to right as the holes are slotted if my memory serves me .
The other option is to squeeze the gate (bend it a little) to make it just a bit thinner. Hope this helps
I looked at mine and it looks like you may actually have a larger nut?? Lol
[quoted image]

I don't want to get into a nut comparison contest (yet). I think it's just the photo. That lock nut is the same as all the other ones on the pin.

I tried fixing my wiregate tonight. I had to take half the pin apart to get at the damn bracket that holds it in place. The left side was indeed slotted but the right was not. However, there was enough play on the right side that I was able to push the metal bracket that holds the wiregate over to the left a bit. I tightened it down, and it was better, but still rubbed. I noticed that the U that triggers the switch was bent back/down a bit so I used my non-serrated pliers and managed to bend it straighter. The wiregate no longer rubs. I doesn't make any contact at all. I still have to put the game back together before I can see if it corrected the problem. The photo I took looks like it is still over top of the lock nut, but it has plenty of clearance now.

10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg

Made some progress on my custom acrylic backboard, thought I would share [quoted image]

This looks killer. What are your full plans? Keep us posted!

#3543 3 years ago

Hologramme alternative.

#3544 3 years ago

Looking great, nice work! Looking forward to seeing where this one goes.

#3545 3 years ago

Laying of the 30cm UV adhesive strip at the bottom of the box in front of this base, here is the result:
Power supply 12 on the J116

IMG_20191009_211405_compress84 (resized).jpgIMG_20191009_211405_compress84 (resized).jpgIMG_20191103_090216_compress45 (resized).jpgIMG_20191103_090216_compress45 (resized).jpg
#3546 3 years ago

holo alternative...
nice work on the holo alternative, always considered this when I had a model but never got around to it.

back board lighting...
looks great

#3547 3 years ago

that looks cool @crazy79! i am thinking of also using an inline led controller so it can be faded. ALso might add a flasher and tie it into one of the flashers.

#3548 3 years ago

crazy79 That looks incredible. Hologram alternative is great as well. More details for both please.

Question for Creech owners. I'm putting the main ramp back into the game. Came across this little guy near the KISS hole. Basically the main ramp sits on it. The configuration looked weird to me. If this the way it's supposed to be installed? My thinking is the black piece should be above.

Here is the general location. It's located close the metal plate on the left side of the game.
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

Here's the bit I'm talking about
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

This is the exact location. The bit I'm talking about is not installed on this new ramp.
image_62976_1_600x600 (resized).jpgimage_62976_1_600x600 (resized).jpg

#3549 3 years ago

It is used to keep the other ramp at the correct height. It goes on the top of the lower ramp.

#3550 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

crazy79 That looks incredible. Hologram alternative is great as well. More details for both please.
Question for Creech owners. I'm putting the main ramp back into the game. Came across this little guy near the KISS hole. Basically the main ramp sits on it. The configuration looked weird to me. If this the way it's supposed to be installed? My thinking is the black piece should be above.
Here is the general location. It's located close the metal plate on the left side of the game.
[quoted image]
Here's the bit I'm talking about
[quoted image]
This is the exact location. The bit I'm talking about is not installed on this new ramp.
[quoted image]

As drummermike said - here's some pics to help

CFTBL Ramp (resized).jpgCFTBL Ramp (resized).jpgCFTBL Ramp1 (resized).jpgCFTBL Ramp1 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 45.95
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.