(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,414 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Mando
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,414 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 309.
#15151 60 days ago
Quoted from UCallEyeHaul:

They’ll cough it up if their hand is forced. If you’ve had a deposit down since 2021 they’ve clearly failed to deliver.

Demand a refund, or the game, in writing. Give them a reasonable time to perform, say 10-15 days. If they don’t, go to small claims. In most states it’s designed to be straightforward. Again, it probably won’t get this far because they know they’ll lose.

Getting a judgement in small claims would as you say be easy. The problem comes in collecting.

#15152 60 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

If you are talking about a "pause" feature when the door is opened, no.
However, you can open the door during a game to dislodge a stuck ball and the game will continue.

I was talking about like on my Godzilla. There is a setting for when you open the coin door. You can shake the ball loose without removing the glass and drain the ball, then shut the door and it gives you the ball back to the shooter lane and continues where you left off.

#15153 60 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Getting a judgement in small claims would as you say be easy. The problem comes in collecting.

You would then upon successful judgement file for attachment of property.

#15154 60 days ago
Quoted from Mully911:

I was talking about like on my Godzilla. There is a setting for when you open the coin door. You can shake the ball loose without removing the glass and drain the ball, then shut the door and it gives you the ball back to the shooter lane and continues where you left off.

Some Stern games do have the feature you are talking about.

CCr does not have this feature at this time.

#15155 60 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Some Stern games do have the feature you are talking about.
CCr does not have this feature at this time.

Bummer. Thanks

#15156 60 days ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Any tips on maintenance for the magnetic read switches? Every once in a while, I have some phantom hits on different switches. Right now my skill shot ramp is awarding scale shot award even before the ball is plunged. I’ve also had problems with the right ramp made switch giving phantom hits and left ramp made switch giving phantom heads.
I will admit I have an earlier cactus canyon with probably 12,000 plays on it it’s on my route… the game has been a tank otherwise, not disappointed at all

There aren't any magnetic reed switches (MRS') on the remake - they are hall effect sensors - in effect active magnetic switches, unlike MRS' which are passive...the original CC did have MRS' however!

#15157 59 days ago

I just aquired a CGC topper for my SE today..the only question: how to you remove the rivets on the top of the SE backbox (it has the t-nuts inside) to install the topper screws to bolt down the topper? It's gonna be interesting without phillips heads on these..so what's the best way to get these holes exposed?
Many Thanks in Advance

#15158 59 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I just aquired a CGC topper for my SE today..the only question: how to you remove the rivets on the top of the SE backbox (it has the t-nuts inside) to install the topper screws to bolt down the topper? It's gonna be interesting without phillips heads on these..so what's the best way to get these holes exposed?
Many Thanks in Advance

Congrats. Surprised you found someone wiling to give one up.

#15159 59 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

how to you remove the rivets on the top of the SE backbox

It's a small black plastic snap. Pry it up. It will pop out. Or poke something up from the T nut to push it out.

LTG : )

#15160 59 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Congrats. Surprised you found someone wiling to give one up.

Yeah, I'm stoked, thank you!! It was a NOS topper from someone that bought an LE and couldn't install it in his place..so I got it from a guy that got it from him..not a bad price either (well, as far as unubtanium toppers go).

#15161 59 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's a small black plastic snap. Pry it up. It will pop out. Or poke something up from the T nut to push it out.

Many Thanks, I'll do this!!

#15162 59 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

worked like a charm..but onto the plugging in..I am curious why I need an extra RJ45? cable to plug in the topper (well, it needs the splitter). I have it all ready, but it needs one more gray cable from the mpu (next to the blue cable) to the splitter...is this the way? and if so, what particular cable do I need for the system to work? (I tried a CAT5 and it gave me all kinds of errors, probably becuase there's no power going to the trough). Any thoughts on this? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

IMG_2042 (resized).jpegIMG_2042 (resized).jpeg
#15163 59 days ago

EDIT: Gotter running! Borrowed a different splitter from my GZ now it’s showtime

#15164 58 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And that is a no.
Flip N Out does not, Pinballstar does not - I know this for a fact.
The others I cannot speak to personally but I believe most have nonrefundable deposits now.

PPS has zero issues refunding deposits .... find another distributor

#15165 56 days ago

Couldn’t add this to my last post so here ya go, for anyone wondering if the topper will work on an SE. not to stir up the pot but Ryan told me on the phone a few years back that this was impossible to do. Marketing Trickery regardless..happy to have an SE+ now

C6821FF2-6A6B-4C85-B9B7-0F917A78479A (resized).jpegC6821FF2-6A6B-4C85-B9B7-0F917A78479A (resized).jpeg
#15166 56 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yes absolute nightmare. I eventually got it done but took many many tries, lots of effort and lots of curse words

I raised this exact issue with Flyland designs.

I literally had to cut the Monster Bash Translite to make it fit. The Cactus Canyon had the exact same issue so I never fitted it.

Honestly people need to feed this back to him as he's adament no one complains!

I've seen what an uncut translite looks like squeezed in, it just looks crap with the translite caving in the middle under the pressure.

For clarity this doesn't affect the WPC89 era translites (Fish Tales etc.) it only affects the WPC95 era (MB, CC, etc.)

362783250_136647389467612_6056695215372692370_n (resized).jpg362783250_136647389467612_6056695215372692370_n (resized).jpg

362905216_803394858240474_5250419017402129576_n (resized).jpg362905216_803394858240474_5250419017402129576_n (resized).jpg

#15167 56 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Couldn’t add this to my last post so here ya go, for anyone wondering if the topper will work on an SE. not to stir up the pot but Ryan told me on the phone a few years back that this was impossible to do. Marketing Trickery regardless..happy to have an SE+ now
[quoted image]

Why would it have not worked? Always assumed it would/did.

#15168 56 days ago

I had the same issue fitting the cactus flyland translite, even tore the first one in frustration, however I had a pinball engineer fixing the beer mug sensor and asked him to try a second one I got saying that it was impossible, he did it first time no problem, so it definitely fits easily just the technique is wrong, the only thing he did different was to me was he laid in flat onto of the back plate then put the translite on then the glass on top.

#15169 56 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Couldn’t add this to my last post so here ya go, for anyone wondering if the topper will work on an SE. not to stir up the pot but Ryan told me on the phone a few years back that this was impossible to do.

Perhaps you misunderstood him?

It’s been known the topper would work on any version since toppergate (been in the FAQ since then). The issue was not being able to buy one separately.

Congrats on your DIY SE+!

#15170 56 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Ryan told me on the phone a few years back that this was impossible to do.

At that time Ryan was right.

Things changed later.

#15171 56 days ago

I have a NIB, about 100 plays in. It has worked flawlessly until the last 10 or so games. Now, the second-from-left drop target doesn't stay up consistently, and is dropping (right after set) with increasing frequency. This behavior is repeatable in the solenoid test. Everything looks fine physically...at least I can't see any obvious difference with the other drop targets. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a fix?

#15172 56 days ago
Quoted from bush3262:

I have a NIB, about 100 plays in. It has worked flawlessly until the last 10 or so games. Now, the second-from-left drop target doesn't stay up consistently, and is dropping (right after set) with increasing frequency. This behavior is repeatable in the solenoid test. Everything looks fine physically...at least I can't see any obvious difference with the other drop targets. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a fix?

Start with FAQ post #2 -
Common issues during game play/Drop targets) not reacting as expected

#15173 54 days ago
Quoted from bush3262:

I had a drop target with an issue.
For me, the plastic piece that the drop target catches to hold it up broke in half.
But this was after 1000s of plays.

#15174 54 days ago

If anyone is on the fence about leaving the club. I'm interested in joining with a LE or maybe the SE+. Have a very nice Twilight Zone to trade if interested.
Thanks,

#15175 52 days ago

I was going to do some lit flipper buttons, but I'm having a hard time picking a color. Any ideas or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

#15176 52 days ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

I was going to do some lit flipper buttons, but I'm having a hard time picking a color. Any ideas or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

If I was I would probably do orange.

#15177 52 days ago

I did yellow. Looks good.

#15178 52 days ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

I had a drop target with an issue.
For me, the plastic piece that the drop target catches to hold it up broke in half.
But this was after 1000s of plays.

Fortunately for me it was indeed the spring, I swapped it out last night and now it works like a champ.

#15179 52 days ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

I did red.

#15180 52 days ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Yellow here too

IMG_0547 (resized).jpegIMG_0547 (resized).jpeg
#15181 52 days ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

I installed yellow ones and love it

#15182 51 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

I installed yellow ones and love it

I did yellow too

#15183 50 days ago

BART in the topper is always leaning back. Anyone know what issue is and how to fix. Thought I saw fix in thread a while back but can’t find it

#15184 50 days ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

I'd just play the game...

P.S. no one in real life likes me.

#15185 49 days ago

New owner of CCr LE here.

Having an issue with the Bart topper left arm just spins round, I've tried adjusting the magnet and board still no joy any other recommendations?

#15186 49 days ago

Has production ended for the LE's or still in progress?

#15187 49 days ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Has production ended for the LE's or still in progress?

Like the pending code... eventually, looks like their busy building PF

#15188 49 days ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Having an issue with the Bart topper left arm just spins round, I've tried adjusting the magnet and board still no joy any other recommendations?

What number le do you have, kind of hoping when all le,s are made maybe they might announce the new code

#15189 49 days ago

Still waiting on my LE … so I sure hope they’re not done!

#15190 48 days ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Tighten the phillips screw on the arm, mine was loose and spun around. It eventually just fell off.

#15191 45 days ago

Question about Bart's spotlight on top of the motor. I just installed Mageek's water tank mod which involved flipping it over, but before that I never took note what turns that spotlight on. Now it won't light. I can't ID it in the manual so I don't know how to diagnose this thing. Doesn't show up in the either of the lighting tests (T.2 - 01 or 02). Bulb itself is good. Wiring seems solid. It did flicker once for a second during play, then stopped. Any help?

#15192 45 days ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Question about Bart's spotlight on top of the motor. I just installed Mageek's water tank mod which involved flipping it over, but before that I never took note what turns that spotlight on. Now it won't light. I can't ID it in the manual so I don't know how to diagnose this thing. Doesn't show up in the either of the lighting tests (T.2 - 01 or 02). Bulb itself is good. Wiring seems solid. It did flicker once for a second during play, then stopped. Any help?

Check connection under the playfield?

#15193 45 days ago

I resoldered the spotlight leads and reseated the connector under the playfield. Works fine now. Thanks.

#15194 45 days ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I resoldered the spotlight leads and reseated the connector under the playfield. Works fine now. Thanks.

My one never seems to come on, how often does the spotlight come in a game, is it just in certain modes?

#15195 45 days ago

As I'm now paying attention to it, the spot light gives a pulsing series of hot flashes when the ball goes into Bart's chute. That's a high collision area so check connections above and below the PF. Flash also activates in the adjacent red jackpot loop.

#15196 45 days ago

UnluckyEmergency this is the thread you are looking for?

#15197 45 days ago

Well I decided to get this mod. Also decided to rip the art blade installing it too. But I might change to the pingraffix anyways. Tempted to combine it with the Mezel mod one.

EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpegEC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
#15198 45 days ago
Quoted from junkyard:

Well I decided to get this mod. Also decided to rip the art blade installing it too. But I might change to the pingraffix anyways. Tempted to combine it with the Mezel mod one.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting the pic. I'm still on the fence on this mod... But it looks good in your photo.
While you're shopping at Mezel Mods, grab a set of these:
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-cabinet-assembly-blades
You'll kinda have to force yourself to ALWAYS use 'em the first few times but, after a while you'll never lift the Playfield without reaching for these first.

Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
#15199 45 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Thanks for posting the pic. I'm still on the fence on this mod... But it looks good in your photo.
While you're shopping at Mezel Mods, grab a set of these:
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-cabinet-assembly-blades
You'll kinda have to force yourself to ALWAYS use 'em the first few times but, after a while you'll never lift the Playfield without reaching for these first. [quoted image]

You’ll never guess what is under the game. I’m hoping I have learned my lesson and will use them more. I usually remember once the playfield is up.

#15200 44 days ago
Quoted from junkyard:

[quoted image]

I like the tear, it looks rustic and worn, like the old west!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

There are 15,414 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/304 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.