(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,829 posts
  • 773 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by phs4real
  • Topic is favorited by 389 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 342 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 105 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(665 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

High Game 7-3-2024 (resized).jpg
Retro logo in action (resized).jpg
OEM Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
1111111111.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8699 (resized).png
IMG_8700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2552 (resized).png
IMG_20240707_181337 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240707_181332 (resized).jpg
Nice Line Up (resized).png
26f3ff09-5ee0-46b5-a5f4-168fd0c46324_text.gif
IMG_4106 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 317.
#14951 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Smart man....Patience always pays off ....there will be plenty of options to get an PFLE at or below MSRP in the next 2-3 years it takes CGC to get them out the door.

I'll add to this by saying that there will be plenty of opportunities to buy almost any new release from any manufacturer at or below retail shortly after the games begin to ship out in quantity. The market is saturated, and supply has caught up with demand. Patient people will have some great buying opportunities in the coming years.

#14952 5 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

You sure did, they should take it a step further and announce another game they can't build!

I totally expect this sometime this year.

#14953 5 months ago

Received my backglass and installed it.
Must say its beautiful, really pops. Photo's don't do it justice.

#14954 5 months ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Agreed, I was surprised how much I like it!

#14955 5 months ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Glad to hear

#14956 5 months ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

That’s laughable. They can’t make 1250 LE machines in three years, but don’t worry about it because now they have two lines.

they are pushing 3,000 not 1250,, SE SE+ remember all distos had to take 1 for 1

#14957 5 months ago

Wow some of yall are absolutely hilarious.
I haven’t been on here in few weeks and started reading back about 20 days ago. I see we’re some were asking about the code update when is it coming and bam people started letting them have it I laughed and laughed at some of the replies. I almost started to do it but nope I’m not. Lol

#14958 5 months ago

Howdy you rootin tootin sons of guns!

Need some info and man I just can’t bare to read 300 pages. The hot link to troubleshooting inductance sensors doesn’t really have troubleshooting procedures.

All inductance switches on the PCB below deck fail to respond. The board itself is reciving power as indicated by the LED. In test, the transmission signal occurs but nothing on the RX side. I haven’t checked J90’s yet, which obviously is a good place to start. Just curious if anyone knows anything about this.

Thanks a ton!

IMG_5264 (resized).pngIMG_5264 (resized).pngIMG_5265 (resized).pngIMG_5265 (resized).png
#14959 5 months ago

Just had a ripper game. No idea if these are good scores as I’m only an average player. So much fun.

IMG_1125 (resized).jpegIMG_1125 (resized).jpegIMG_1126 (resized).jpegIMG_1126 (resized).jpegIMG_1127 (resized).jpegIMG_1127 (resized).jpegIMG_1128 (resized).jpegIMG_1128 (resized).jpegIMG_1129 (resized).jpegIMG_1129 (resized).jpeg
#14960 5 months ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

The hot link to troubleshooting inductance sensors doesn’t really have troubleshooting procedures.
All inductance switches on the PCB below deck fail to respond. The board itself is reciving power as indicated by the LED. In test, the transmission signal occurs but nothing on the RX side. I haven’t checked J90’s yet, which obviously is a good place to start.

The info in the FAQ on the inductive sensors is taken directly from the CGC document and includes their troubleshooting procedures.

I have tested individual sensors but haven’t seen the situation you describe. I’d suggest opening a support ticket with CGC. If you learn anything, please post here or DM and I’ll update that part of the FAQ.

#14961 5 months ago

After nearly 6 months of reading through this site our First pin has arrived! Now to figure out how to get it out of the Jeep!

PXL_20240201_181137235 (resized).jpgPXL_20240201_181137235 (resized).jpg
#14962 5 months ago
Quoted from Rjennings:

After nearly 6 months of reading through this site our First pin has arrived! Now to figure out how to get it out of the Jeep!
[quoted image]

Step one - take the top off!

& Congrats!

#14963 5 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Step one - take the top off!

& Congrats!

Definitely, and as a protest:

https://femen.org/

#14964 5 months ago
Quoted from Rjennings:

Great choice for a first pin … Congratulations!

As for getting the box out - you live in the south. Do you really need a roof on that jeep?

#14965 5 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Great choice for a first pin … Congratulations!
As for getting the box out - you live in the south. Do you really need a roof on that jeep?

It's been in the 30's on my way to work lately, but the top will be back off in April just like those fabulous ladies in the protest link.

Luckily my neighbor was home, Holly crap these things could use a diet!

#14966 5 months ago
Quoted from Rjennings:

[quoted image]

Congrats!! Games's a blast, I love mine!

#14967 5 months ago
Quoted from Rjennings:

It's been in the 30's on my way to work lately, but the top will be back off in April just like those fabulous ladies in the protest link.
Luckily my neighbor was home, Holly crap these things could use a diet!

If you think that's heavy get your self a JJP POTC or Hobbit, a Scooby Doo from Spooky. Moved POTC this this weekend and felt every bit of those 325lbs (or more most likely)

Congrats on the new game though.

#14968 5 months ago

Very new guy to this great hobby with CCr being my 2nd game. Since owning and playing since Christmas I find the playfield very dark in comparison to my JB 007. In fact difficult for me to see in evening. Searching around discovered pinstadium lighting. Pretty pricy but definitely seem to light up the play. Can anyone recommend as worth the $$?

Thanks…

#14969 5 months ago
Quoted from Fireball3:

Very new guy to this great hobby with CCr being my 2nd game. Since owning and playing since Christmas I find the playfield very dark in comparison to my JB 007. In fact difficult for me to see in evening. Searching around discovered pinstadium lighting. Pretty pricy but definitely seem to light up the play. Can anyone recommend as worth the $$?
Thanks…

It's very subjective. I don't recommend for two reasons. 1. Serviceability suffers. 2. I don't find CCr to dark. I also have Bond. Subjective opinion.

#14970 5 months ago
Quoted from Fireball3:

Thanks…

You can set the Gi lighting from Warm White (factory setting) to Cool White. It will make the playfield lighting pop a little bit more for you. Try that first before buying anything. If it isn't enough Pin stadium does flood the light into most any game you want.

#14971 5 months ago
Quoted from Fireball3:

Thanks…

100% subjective and you will get vehement people for them and against them. They aren't cheap.

I do use them and like them but I use them in a very different manner than most. I want the additional lighting but mine are turned pretty far down way further down than most and way further down than you see in videos. I also rarely use the UV feature (use it on MB) because I don't like it.

Cary Hardy's video with them on a CCR

Install isn't bad but when you need to go under the hood its a giant PITA because you have undo the PS from the magnets (I tend to forget which is even more annoying)

You have to decide for yourself.

#14972 5 months ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Howdy you rootin tootin sons of guns!
Need some info and man I just can’t bare to read 300 pages. The hot link to troubleshooting inductance sensors doesn’t really have troubleshooting procedures.
All inductance switches on the PCB below deck fail to respond. The board itself is reciving power as indicated by the LED. In test, the transmission signal occurs but nothing on the RX side. I haven’t checked J90’s yet, which obviously is a good place to start. Just curious if anyone knows anything about this.
Thanks a ton!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Open a Ticket on our site and I can take care of the issue for you on Monday First thing. I will get you back up and running.

#14973 5 months ago
Quoted from rennervision:

northvibe - THANK YOU! It took me a couple of days, but after studying a video of how the ball was passing through that area and touching along the left orbit to feel the opto protruding, your suggestion seemed to fit the situation. I removed the bracket that held the opto in place, then bent it slightly so it was no longer sticking out like in the picture below. I've put in hours of gameplay and nearly every game ended in frustration. Now I get to finally play it the "fun way."
[quoted image]

Thank you for sharing a picture of what was causing the SDTM orbit. I will fix this on my CC LE #932

#14974 5 months ago
Quoted from Thorn-in-pinball:

You can set the Gi lighting from Warm White (factory setting) to Cool White. It will make the playfield lighting pop a little bit more for you. Try that first before buying anything. If it isn't enough Pin stadium does flood the light into most any game you want.

Thanks much. That’s a sneaky setting under lighting adjustments/interactive GI. I think cool white does the trick for these old eyes.

#14975 5 months ago
Quoted from Fireball3:

Thanks much. That’s a sneaky setting under lighting adjustments/interactive GI. I think cool white does the trick for these old eyes.

Glad that worked for you.

#14976 5 months ago
Quoted from JoeChamp:Thank you for sharing a picture of what was causing the SDTM orbit. I will fix this on my CC LE #932

I read this and went and checked mine, yep opto poking out. I put a washer under the bracket on one screw. Seems to be working and doesn’t go SDTM on the orbit now. Thanks for highlighting it. I was wondering what was causing it.

#14977 5 months ago

I just got me EU game delivered but it is set to 115V. Need to change it 230V and change some pins in a connection block. Anyone know where the connector is located?

IMG_0136 (resized).jpegIMG_0136 (resized).jpeg

Found it! Problem solved

#14978 5 months ago
Quoted from Fireball3:

Thanks…

I added a couple of spotlights to the top posts of the slingshots which helps. However, even doing that required using 12V LEDs and running wires to the coin door. All the lighting in CCr is surface mount LEDs and so there is no good place anywhere on the play field to tap into.

I have pin stadiums on a few other games and they do an incredible job of lighting up the playfield. It looks to me like they would interfere with some of the ramp plastics on CCr. If I ever buy them again though it will be the basic version. The seizure inducing flashing effects of the NEOs or whatever they are called is just too much.

#14979 5 months ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

I added a couple of spotlights to the top posts of the slingshots which helps. However, even doing that required using 12V LEDs and running wires to the coin door. All the lighting in CCr is surface mount LEDs and so there is no good place anywhere on the play field to tap into.
I have pin stadiums on a few other games and they do an incredible job of lighting up the playfield. It looks to me like they would interfere with some of the ramp plastics on CCr. If I ever buy them again though it will be the basic version. The seizure inducing flashing effects of the NEOs or whatever they are called is just too much.

I run them on CCRSE and they work and fit just fine. I DO NOT use the UV flash portion of the Neos as I don't care for it. The only game I use the flash on is MBR as it works very well with Frankenstein.

#14980 5 months ago

I have the standard neo atoms which I used on my Elvira and looked great, however on getting my le last week I tried them and the don’t look good, it ruins the rub lighting which looks great on cactus, I spoke to someone at pinstadium and for cactus you really need the fusion ones which everyone is buying for cactus so it mirrors the rub lighting

#14981 5 months ago

Should have said rgb lighting

#14982 5 months ago

Pinstadiums ruin the game for me.

I STRONGLY do not recommend them.

I much prefer adding spots where you would want extra illumination.

#14983 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I much prefer adding spots where you wouls want extra illumination.

Yeah. I like the original lighting as well.

#14984 5 months ago

The only game I am adding pin stadiums to is my MMr. My old eyes have trouble seeing the ball as it's so dark.

#14985 5 months ago

I too have issues with low lighting, I tried the neo atoms which didn’t suit the game, I think the low lighting in some of the modes is designed to be like this and create the tension and atmosphere which makes it harder, the lighting in this game really are the stand out attraction to this great game, I did a few tweaks as I do not know how to install spotlights. I installed Titan translucent silicone rubbers which are great, they are easy to install and let around twenty percent more light on the playfield I feel around the area of the install, real difference is around lower area and slings, there are database kits on their website, please note the flipper area and trough is a lot lighter, there are rubbers below slings, Sam size which made the difference which you don’t have to take apron off to get to, also put on yellow low bounce flipper rubbers and have a lot more control, would highly recommend and only took a few games to get used to

#14986 5 months ago

I've played old, dark W/B games with shit incandescent bulbs that are black from years of neglect with zero issue seeing the ball. I also have relatively crappy eyes. I empathize with those having issues, but I'm also baffled by it.

#14987 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinballers:

I too have issues with low lighting, I tried the neo atoms which didn’t suit the game, I think the low lighting in some of the modes is designed to be like this and create the tension and atmosphere which makes it harder, the lighting in this game really are the stand out attraction to this great game, I did a few tweaks as I do not know how to install spotlights. I installed Titan translucent silicone rubbers which are great, they are easy to install and let around twenty percent more light on the playfield I feel around the area of the install, real difference is around lower area and slings, there are database kits on their website, please note the flipper area and trough is a lot lighter, there are rubbers below slings, Sam size which made the difference which you don’t have to take apron off to get to, also put on yellow low bounce flipper rubbers and have a lot more control, would highly recommend and only took a few games to get used to

+1 for more light without additional power needed! Mirror blades do that too but some don't like the look.

#14988 5 months ago

So no CCR shipping ? No PF shipping , Time for CGC to announce the next attempt at building a pinball machine !

#14989 5 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So no CCR shipping ? No PF shipping , Time for CGC to announce the next attempt at building a pinball machine !

They've already announced another run of MMr.

#14990 5 months ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

They've already announced another run of MMr.

And where is this announcement? They said over 2 years ago they were rerunning it (3rd run of course) and nothing.

I love their remakes but as I have said before their communication and follow through is very poor.

#14991 5 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And where is this announcement? They said over 2 years ago they were rerunning it (3rd run of course) and nothing.

I love their remakes but as I have said before their communication and follow through is very poor.

This ten times over. Forgive me but CGC ought to shit or get off the pot with this supposed final small run of CCr. They've been teasing us with this for far too long and I've been patiently waiting... and still am. But for f***'s sake they should really make some kind of official announcement already one way or the other.

#14992 5 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Nah their shooting for a 3 year completion date

#14993 5 months ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

This ten times over. Forgive me but CGC ought to shit or get off the pot with this supposed final small run of CCr. They've been teasing us with this for far too long and I've been patiently waiting... and still am. But for f***'s sake they should really make some kind of official announcement already one way or the other.

CGC doesn't communicate with customers unless they are announcing a new game so not sure what your expecting. My guess is they have their hands full the next couple years so I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean they could say they have plans, but we all know that doesnt mean squat

#14994 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC doesn't communicate with customers unless they are announcing a new game so not sure what your expecting. My guess is they have their hands full the next couple years so I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean they could say they have plans, but we all know that doesnt mean squat

I have no idea of the financials but if it pays the bills and keeps the people working then I call success. I'll take what I can get. If I can't wait I have other options.

#14995 5 months ago

It’s ok guys, don’t worry about it, as somebody said to me a few posts back, they have two lines now………. lol.

#14996 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinballers:

Thanks I’m going to try the see through rubbers

#14997 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I much prefer adding spots where you would want extra illumination.

Agree. There is a reason many calls them "Pukestadiums". An additional spotlight or two connected to the GI is everything you need on a dark game.

#14998 5 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:So no CCR shipping ? No PF shipping , Time for CGC to announce the next attempt at building a pinball machine !

I'm convinced you're a bot at this point since all you do is complain about CGC build time 3 times a day. Sheesh.

Got mine now, couldn't be happier. Gorgeous, terrific game.

#14999 5 months ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Got mine now, couldn't be happier. Gorgeous, terrific game.

Glad you got your game now, better put down your deposit for the next game , so you can wait another 3 years...
Not a bot!

#15000 5 months ago
Quoted from Fireball3:Thanks I’m going to try the see through rubbers

You should try them for yourself. Not everyone likes them but they are not the trash others say either. Are they overpriced VERY MUCH so but I still suggest you try them on your own or see them on your own.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

There are 15,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.