B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 151.
#3351 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would not discount Gomez. His designs are stop and go but they are unique and far from fan layout. Avengers is one of his best games made(once Hulk gets dialed in). i like the depth factor, the dual ramps, the missile(is cool imo), but the jetpack does look lame-a swing and a miss

The missile should have raised from the play-field.

Not static and flopping around around like a pee-pee when the balls hit it! (pun intended)

lol

#3352 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Looks like Lonnie is lead programmer on this one.

Yikes

#3353 1 year ago

yikes x 2. Hard pass.

#3354 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

avengers is not one of the best anythings by anyone

We can agree to disagree-one man's trash is another man's treasure

Bring on the downvotes! I would take my Avengers LE over Deadpool any day of the week (;

#3355 1 year ago

People complain about the price increase and yet we are reading here of multiple people fighting to get their order in right when the window opens. And feeling (justifiable) frustration when they can't get their order in before it is sold out.

It feels like trying to get on WDW's Star Wars Rise of the Resistance - the whole family furiously typing on the Disney app right at the opening bell and repeatedly hitting refresh to try to get a virtual Fastpass for entry before they are all gone for the day and you are left out!

With this kind of feeding frenzy, I will guarantee you that Stern sees that as a green light to continue to raise their prices even further. I once asked a semi-well known pinball flipper how he set his selling price. He told me that if it sold right away, he knew he was too low on his price and he would raise the price on his next one. Once the game did not sell for a week or two, he knew he had reached the point of diminishing returns and the price increases were over. I think Stern has figured that out also!

It looks like a cool game, especially the Premium or LE, and I'd love to own one. Heck, I'm still waiting on my JP Premium and Elvira HOH Premium, but I'm guessing I'll never see either of those, especially at the prices the distributor quoted me 2 years ago.

Personally, I just can't justify $10k-$14k for a pinball machine. No criticism intended whatsoever to those who make a different decision and can justify it. But for me, I can do a lot of things for that kind of money and as much as I love pinball, for me anything over $10k is just too much.

#3356 1 year ago

Strange. It was mentioned to me by someone at Stern at a recent show that Lonnie wasn't around anymore. Guess that was BS.

#3357 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

If they get the sounds and lighting effects correct-it may not need to move. Let's not start the does the Missile move? Had enough with people trying to make Grogu move.

#3358 1 year ago

Not static and flopping around around like a pee-pee when the balls hit it! (pun intended)
lol

If it came out of the playfield, then it would be boner jokes. Doesn't matter what it does. It is phalic and the 12 year old mentality of pinsiders will always find something to fetishize.

#3359 1 year ago

Does the price ever reflect the complexity of the playfield? Or is it always the same or greater price than the last release? It looks like this game has less mechanisms than Rush and Godzilla from the short video we got to see today. (although it does look cool, those wireforms are sexy)

#3360 1 year ago

It shows the rocket (not missile) shakes in the video.

Quoted from pinmister:

If they get the sounds and lighting effects correct-it may not need to move. Let's not start the does the Missile move? Had enough with people trying to make Grogu move.

#3361 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Chicago gaming LEs are now by far and away the best value in pinball…if they would only not take a year to ship.

Weird Al is 11k and loaded. A second module doubling the games you can play is 3k... under 1/2 the price of a Stern Pro. P3 Multimorpic for the win.

#3362 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It shows the rocket (not missile)

Rocket-Missile-same thing
Let's just hope it's not Russian

#3363 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Does the price ever reflect the complexity of the playfield? Or is it always the same or greater price than the last release?

The latter. Cornerstone prices do not fluctuate based on coil count. Each title costs the same or more than the previous title.

#3364 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

LE works for me...great looking game......did someone "call" for price on SLE? Scared to hear it, but curious......

No info about the 60th anniversary game yet, per 2 dealers I asked. Probably closer to Bond's actual 60th anniversary around October 5.

#3365 1 year ago
Quoted from sbmania:

People complain about the price increase and yet we are reading here of multiple people fighting to get their order in right when the window opens. And feeling (justifiable) frustration when they can't get their order in before it is sold out.
It feels like trying to get on WDW's Star Wars Rise of the Resistance - the whole family furiously typing on the Disney app right at the opening bell and repeatedly hitting refresh to try to get a virtual Fastpass for entry before they are all gone for the day and you are left out!
With this kind of feeding frenzy, I will guarantee you that Stern sees that as a green light to continue to raise their prices even further. I once asked a semi-well known pinball flipper how he set his selling price. He told me that if it sold right away, he knew he was too low on his price and he would raise the price on his next one. Once the game did not sell for a week or two, he knew he had reached the point of diminishing returns and the price increases were over. I think Stern has figured that out also!
It looks like a cool game, especially the Premium or LE, and I'd love to own one. Heck, I'm still waiting on my JP Premium and Elvira HOH Premium, but I'm guessing I'll never see either of those, especially at the prices the distributor quoted me 2 years ago.
Personally, I just can't justify $10k-$14k for a pinball machine. No criticism intended whatsoever to those who make a different decision and can justify it. But for me, I can do a lot of things for that kind of money and as much as I love pinball, for me anything over $10k is just too much.

Its an expensive toy primarily targeted at Baby Boomers. (current target market).

However, when Baby Boomers go by-by, prices might drop as the next target market (Gen X and Millennials) will have limited funds. Plus they don't really care about about nostalgia.

#3366 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

P3 Multimorpic for the win.

Have fun pal.

#3367 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Does the price ever reflect the complexity of the playfield? Or is it always the same or greater price than the last release? It looks like this game has less mechanisms than Rush and Godzilla from the short video we got to see today. (although it does look cool, those wireforms are sexy)

Yeah, I want to read and hear more about what the higher tiers will have. The jetpack Bond ball drop is interesting, but nothing new. I did like that the Pro version looks fun as it is... Not a theme that interests me but looks like I might like it a lot on location.

#3368 1 year ago

In for both the LE and SLE but worried 500 isn’t going to be enough.

#3370 1 year ago

You guys are kinda slacking today? Where are all of the best catch phrases? I have only heard two so far? C'mon guys lets step it up-need more cowbell.

Bond on a wand and James Dong-what else you got?

#3371 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thank god they are no longer opening their press releases with that “lifestyle brand” nonsense.
Our long national nightmare is over!

James Bond is a super agent lifestyle brand and Stern is the pinball lifestyle. Together the Bond pin transcends reality and is a lifestyle choice all by itself. Long live 007 (although Connery and Moore have passed).

#3372 1 year ago

Can't wait to play on location..

Though I'm not going pony up the big bucks for a Premium..
Possibly not even a Pro. ( Pro looks the way to go )

Art isn't up to snuff for me.
So not something worth 7k to me. Sorry I'll just love someone else paid up big bucks.

#3373 1 year ago
Quoted from Squizz:

What's with the Dildo on the top left of playfield?
Nothing really that great with the art package on the 3 models
Guess a lot of after market cabinet decals will be soon

What's with the Dildo on the top left of playfield?
Nothing really that great with the art package on the 3 models
Guess a lot of after market cabinet decals will be soon available!

Man our mod community will take care of that

#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:Lmao yep bond buyers will be suffering serious remorse that they didn’t get a Halloween instead.

Don’t hate man substitute any game you want IMO Halloween at 8-9 with their “LE” is an amazing deal compared to this

Halloween is fucking awesome man

#3375 1 year ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I get it. The prices are nuts. I haven't bought a new game in over 10 years. I'm a huge Bond fan and had to have this one.

#3376 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Strange. It was mentioned to me by someone at Stern at a recent show that Lonnie wasn't around anymore. Guess that was BS.

And there was his "not still being at Stern" like over a year ago as well...confusing

#3377 1 year ago

Its an expensive toy primarily targeted at Baby Boomers. (current target market).
However, when Baby Boomers go by-by, prices might drop as the next target market (Gen X and Millennials) will have limited funds. Plus they don't really care about about nostalgia.

Yes they do and yes they will, just different nostalgia.

You don't think Britney Spears will be selling out arenas in 10 years?

#3378 1 year ago

Not quite sure I see a $7k difference in Pro vs LE.

#3379 1 year ago

I’m thinking NIB is a better deal than used pins inflated cost.

#3380 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Don’t hate man substitute any game you want IMO Halloween at 8-9 with their “LE” is an amazing deal compared to this

It's an even better deal at 6-7 which is what they are actually selling for. Not such a great deal for the unfortunate folks who paid retail.

This thread seems like an odd place for owners of games nobody wants to buy telling us what a great deal they all are!

If they are such a bargain, snap 'em all up now when they are unwanted, and profit later!

Seems to me a Stern pro at under $7k remains by far the best "deal" in NIB pinball, and this release makes that clearer than ever. That's a lot of pinball for $7K and a killer theme people can't wait to open their wallets for. You know you'll get a good game that won't self-destruct or lose thousands in value. You really can't say that about the $10K boutique games.

#3381 1 year ago

Insane! I was logged in, loaded into cart, preloaded payment information, within 20 some seconds was in checkout and hit pay....sold out. This insider shit is a scam.

#3382 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

People keep saying that but it actually is going to be probably one of the best features in this game? Imagine the balls locked for multi-ball and red lights start blinking on and off and a siren sounds with missile launch type command. Could be stellar-time will tell
Hopefully my imagination will not disappoint

It’s more like a plastic rocket, probably on some sort of spring that’s actuated and the rockets vibrates/shakes

#3383 1 year ago

Has anybody combined the "rocket looks like a penis" joke with the "at these prices we'll need lube!" joke yet? Cause I think that's a potential winner!

Look, I'll grant you that it looks a bit phallic, and when I saw it jiggling around I couldn't help but chuckle. But we are all just gonna have to learn to live with it!

#3385 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Does the price ever reflect the complexity of the playfield?

MSRP has ZERO to do with the complexity or the BOM.

It is market driven and will increase as long as there are enough buyers for it.

#3386 1 year ago

Man, I thought there would just be a small price increase. Incredible. Even with all the "I'm out" comments, LE's sold out in an instant. Love the "call for price" on the Elwin version. If you have gotta ask...

#3387 1 year ago

At these prices, I have a feeling these LE's aren't going to be as hard to find as in the past. The game(s) better be damn goid too or it isn't going to hold value at these price points.

#3388 1 year ago

Man FOMO is so powerful...I almost pulled the trigger until I realized...wait I'm still almost pulling the trigger.

#3389 1 year ago

It's an even better deal at 6-7 which is what they are actually selling for. Not such a great deal for the unfortunate folks who paid retail.
This thread seems like an odd place for owners of games nobody wants to buy telling us what a great deal they are!
If they are such a bargain, snap 'em all up now when they are unwanted, and profit later!</blockquote

Lol

#3392 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Come on. Other than the price being cheaper, when you compare that half-baked spooky machine to a product designed and engineered by seasoned professionals, it’s no deal.

Spooky does their thing. Occasionally they get close (RM and TNA both landed really well), but games like AC and HW, not to mention RZ, suffer from inexperience in execution. In my opinion, the only deal you’re getting comes at price. Once you turn it on, the experience factor is worth the coin.

#3393 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It’s more like a plastic rocket, probably on some sort of spring that’s actuated and the rockets vibrates/shakes

It will depend how they tie it into sounds and lighting. I am thinking Ghostbusters Storage facilty multi-ball style action? Hopefully so

Go to 1:10 minute in this video to see Storage Facility example...

#3394 1 year ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I'm out on a premium as well and have had no second thoughts. These price increases are ridiculous and it feels liberating to say no to NIB.

The pinball community would be wise to send Stern a message that their sales are going to take a big hit going forward by passing on anything but maybe a pro.

#3395 1 year ago

Day 1 sellout doesn’t mean all that much…same thing happened with Halloween and TS4 and then distributors magically had the m for sale a few days later. Probably won’t be the case with this one though if I had to guess.

#3396 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Not quite sure I see a $7k difference in Pro vs LE.

LE hasn't been "Worth it" in over a decade. It should always be wildly overpriced. Its very nature is just a status/Collectable thing

#3397 1 year ago

Yeah, they lasted about a minute longer there than on Stern's site.

#3398 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Yeah, they lasted about a minute longer there than on Stern's site.

They were up well before that link was posted.

#3399 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

LE hasn't been "Worth it" in over a decade

I hear ya-but I do think my LZ LE was worth it-also love my Mando LE-both bought for under 10k new shipped with taxes

#3400 1 year ago

Trending up this week: prices!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.