B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 151.
#3251 1 year ago

This looks like a massive step backward from the past few years of Stern releases. I'll play on location, but thats about it.

#3253 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3254 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

This looks like a massive step backward from the past few years of Stern releases. I'll play on location, but thats about it.

Is there anybody here who wouldn’t “play one on location?”

I think we can all just assume that’s a given from now on, right folks?

#3255 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Anyone know when Premiums will be shipping?

Per the email I have from Colorado Game Exchange:

Estimated Build dates for first batch productions
Pro (First build likely for commercial locations only Early November - Second build April)
Premium (December)
Regular LE (Late November Early December)

#3256 1 year ago

When is the actual reveal??? Deadflip?

#3257 1 year ago

I hate Stern. Logged into All Access, got an LE in my cart with 1 second on the clock, hit Apple Pay, double clicked and got try again. Then I got told to log in again and by that time the cart was empty.

They need to change this so once it’s in your cart you have a couple minutes to finish!!!

#3258 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The LE truly does look incredible. Might be the best-looking package they have put out. Kudos to stern for pretty much getting everything on the game right. I had one reserved but let it go to the next in line. I just can't justify 13k for a pinball machine. I was prepared for 11K or whatever close to that. Some tight times are going to be coming for a lot of people so I just don't see how this pricing is going to fly on future releases on the front side of a recession that might last 3 years. Who is going to pay 13K for a Venom LE lol? Congrats to those getting the game, I look forward to playing it. I'll just keep my money with me moving forward though.

This is my worry with pinball in general. If this recession really hits, pinball demand is likely to drop with the economy.

#3259 1 year ago

You won't get your le until November. And premium is Dec

#3260 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hate Stern. Logged into All Access, got an LE in my cart with 1 second on the clock, hit Apple Pay, double clicked and got try again. Then I got told to log in again and by that time the cart was empty.
They need to change this so once it’s in your cart you have a couple minutes to finish!!!

This may be a blessing in disguise. Look at it that way.

#3261 1 year ago

Same boat, secured an LE on Stern, paid quickly, and...sold out! These are too expensive anyhow, not getting the value for your money anymore.

#3262 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You are all set with a distro for buying LEs aren't you? I thought for sure you were

#3263 1 year ago

They only had 100 to sell. THe other 900 are available from distributors. Check with your distributor if you want an LE.

Quoted from jfh:

#3264 1 year ago

I made a thread on the Elwin game to break it out of the Gomez game chat

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread

#3265 1 year ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Apparently they opened the sales up prior to the clock expiring. Pretty shitty.

I saw the add to cart change at 50 seconds prior to countdown clock

#3266 1 year ago
Quoted from Bos98:

With tax and shipping....
[quoted image]

#3267 1 year ago

Stern needs to block shop bots through Shopify. we pedestrians have no chance.

#3268 1 year ago

"A fool and his money are soon parted.."

Got one.

#3269 1 year ago

Not sure if bond on a wand is worth the cost of the premium. Damn I was really hoping that rocket did something. Looks like it will be like lil Deadpool. If it went up and down like the building in GZ I would be buying my first premium

#3270 1 year ago

Kind of bummed they opened the orders up a minute early. I was sitting patiently and got in 1 second after the countdown and they were long gone. I have one from a distro but a buddy doesn't and was hoping to snag one for him. All the same, with the price difference I imagine the premium is perfectly good enough.

#3271 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How many days after a reveal do people switch from praising a game to bashing it?

-Three days

how many.gifhow many.gif
#3272 1 year ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Apparently they opened the sales up prior to the clock expiring. Pretty shitty.

Yes I grabbed mine at 10:58. Not surprising. They actually posted the reveal video 6 days ago, but was unlisted. Some link guessing could have spoiled the video last week

#3273 1 year ago

Just catching up on this.....

13K is the biggest surprise. Damn - wasn't expecting that. LE looks amazing though and I'm still in on mine but 13k is REALLY pushing it. What happens to the LEs out there that are even more limited (500)? So TMNT, DP, etc. I would think all of those go up as well. Something to think about with the current price hike. That being said, this hobby is really getting out of control and is about to price me out. Not b/c I can't afford it but rather - do I even want to spend this amount of money on pinball moving forward? Bond is a KILLER theme but venon, FF, etc?

Kaneda scoop of the year for sure btw. Keith (allegedly) lying about it on stream is not cool.

#3274 1 year ago

How many people are going to say they went to try and buy the LE on Stern, couldn't get it, then crap on the game how it sucks and it's overpriced.
Ah the fickle pinball community.

#3275 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

They only had 100 to sell. THe other 900 are available from distributors. Check with your distributor if you want an LE.

I think it was more like 5 or 10 direct from Stern for insiders.

Same experience for me as the others. I got it in my cart 1 minute early and still couldn't complete the checkout.

#3276 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

You are all set with a distro for buying LEs aren't you? I thought for sure you were

I wasn’t on the list for Bond. Oh well.

#3277 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hate Stern.

if you would have got one , betting you would have had it before your CCRLE !

#3278 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

the jetpack seems dumb

-But it magnetically moves the ball!

#3279 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:How many people are going to say they went to try and buy the LE on Stern, couldn't get it, then crap on the game how it sucks and it's overpriced.

I was in to buy via Insider and got closed out on Stern’s site at checkout. Game still looks cool and I’ll try and pick one up in the future. Bummed for sure but that’s not the game’s fault!

#3280 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

How many people are going to say they went to try and buy the LE on Stern, couldn't get it, then crap on the game how it sucks and it's overpriced.

The game looks awesome. The system to get them and price structure, not so much.

#3281 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

13K is the biggest surprise. Damn - wasn't expecting that. LE looks amazing though and I'm still in on mine but 13k is REALLY pushing it. What happens to the LEs out there that are even more limited (500)? So TMNT, DP, etc. I would think all of those go up as well. Something to think about with the current price hike. That being said, this hobby is really getting out of control and is about to price me out. Not b/c I can't afford it but rather - do I even want to spend this amount of money on pinball moving forward? Bond is a KILLER theme but venon, FF, etc?

+1, I'm doing this one just cause I love Bond and game looks really cool but this may be my last LE at these prices. Hell even the premiums seem way overpriced now. Kind of a shame and hoping market cools down, I've bought games without much hesitation for too many years now, time to balance the scales back hopefully.

#3282 1 year ago

Gameroom Goodies is probably about to release their LEs to the general public. I know the last couple releases they sold LEs direct shortly after launch. It's how I got my Mando.

#3283 1 year ago

When can I expect this insider LE to ship based on past releases?

#3284 1 year ago

Yep, had one in the cart...paused for 20 seconds and asked myself, do I trust my distro; decided I wasn't sure and pushed the button, got the 'sold out' button instead...I guess I really do trust them, ha. Now I wait by the phone all day while they make the way down the list.

#3285 1 year ago

So this is annoying …

Stern posted to their Facebook page at 11:04 that a limited of LEs were available for sale “RIGHT NOW”. The problem is they were sold out at 11:00.

7D926051-0029-43BB-B275-C8AD42BB6312 (resized).jpeg7D926051-0029-43BB-B275-C8AD42BB6312 (resized).jpeg
#3286 1 year ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

When can I expect this insider LE to ship based on past releases?

late november/early december...

#3287 1 year ago

Snagged one, charge pending. No confirmation email yet though. That was a BIG price jump, so I guess if it doesn't actually go through I won't cry about it. They DID manage to make the thing gorgeous though. Interested in how many they actually sold...

#3288 1 year ago

The LE sold out.

F4E3C3ED-E684-4A3E-B01D-1F55A3B1547C.jpegF4E3C3ED-E684-4A3E-B01D-1F55A3B1547C.jpeg
#3289 1 year ago
Quoted from Bos98:

With tax and shipping....
[quoted image]

Just insane. Bond is a dream theme but Im not remotely tempted at these prices. Good for stern, though. Jjp has been such a blessing for them in testing the price limits.

The sle seem like it could be really cool, but it is literally a rich man's toy. Owners will probably put 25 games on it in two years. Still at least it's not a weird cosmetic cash grab like their last SLE machines.

#3290 1 year ago

FlipNOut is doing free shipping for pro and premium if interested. Some others asking $500 shipping so not bad.

#3291 1 year ago

Pro is looking more and more like the way to go on this one. Someone needs to get started on a cool alternate translight(cough John-get to work-serious) and changing out backbox trim.

#3292 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

So this is annoying …
Stern posted to their Facebook page at 11:04 that a limited of LEs were available for sale “RIGHT NOW”. The problem is they were sold out at 11:00.
[quoted image]

No, they sold out at 10:59 EST. Stern listed them a minute early...

#3293 1 year ago

Is there a general timeline for non operator pros? Maybe this year?

#3294 1 year ago

Game looks like it will be good but these price hikes are a killer for me. I said it on the last one but continued to buy this time I think I mean it.... Maybe scoop up a used Premium down the road, shame great theme.

#3295 1 year ago

I had the 007 in cart checking out input credit card info then they remove the game from my cart and tell me empty cart… such bs.

#3296 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

+1, I'm doing this one just cause I love Bond and game looks really cool but this may be my last LE at these prices. Hell even the premiums seem way overpriced now. Kind of a shame and hoping market cools down, I've bought games without much hesitation for too many years now, time to balance the scales back hopefully.

If you're surprised but you buy, stern was right and you were wrong about the market value of these machines.

#3297 1 year ago
Quoted from Drock2:

I had the 007 in cart checking out input credit card info then they remove the game from my cart and tell me empty cart… such bs.

Stern store definitely needs a rehaul

#3298 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Per the email I have from Colorado Game Exchange:
Estimated Build dates for first batch productions
Pro (First build likely for commercial locations only Early November - Second build April)
Premium (December)
Regular LE (Late November Early December)

I just wish they would time these to have models on hand to ship to locations. I'm going to be 2 months out and all of a sudden see a Bond on location and be like "oh yeah, I forgot that thing came out" and then proceed to play the heck out of it.

#3299 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Seems weird with this timeline? Usually Stern shits out games the same week and they are on location within days after reveal? Does this mean we have another month of just talking about 007-holy shit storm batman!

#3300 1 year ago

Now I got to watch all these movies again. I just finished watching Pirates, so I know what the hell is going on with JJP POTC. Im still on season 3 Rick and Morty so I know what the hell is going on with that game, Godzilla I dont even know where to start, too many episodes, now this.
Will be 30 lbs heavier by christmas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
11,500 (Firm)
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.