B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 151.
#3401 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

The price difference on stern LE is getting hard to justify…basically just different art and mirrored backglass. You can get shaker, side armor and blades for a few hundred bucks. The biggest positive is market value will probably hold better if you ever decide to trade it out.

Let's be real here, a pretty big percentage of LE buyers are looking for the FLIP and know that while it's not really justified over the Premium, people are paying over that on the secondary market all day long.

So the LE price IS worth it based on the market history on LE's. This is just knocking out some of the flippers and those that usually buy the LE's from the flippers can now get them from a dealer.

That being said, LE's ARE NOT FOR ME. I don't need to impress anyone with dress up items in this hobby anymore lol. Prices are just ridiculous and out of control in my humble opinion.

#3402 1 year ago
Quoted from proco:

Trending up this week: prices!
[quoted image]

I would say. The TNA re-release is officially called the TNA Remake CE. So that green triangle on the map should be a pink star.

#3403 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Let's be real here, a pretty big percentage of LE buyers are looking for the FLIP and know that while it's not really justified over the Premium, people are paying over that on the secondary market all day long.
So the LE price IS worth it based on the market history on LE's. This is just knocking out some of the flippers and those that usually buy the LE's from the flippers can now get them from a dealer.
That being said, LE's ARE NOT FOR ME. I don't need to impress anyone with dress up items in this hobby anymore lol. Prices are just ridiculous and out of control in my humble opinion.

Too much leg work and risk for such a small profit as well with Stern cutting into the margin. Much easier ways to make and guaranteed profit, an extra day or two at work for example...

#3404 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You guys are kinda slacking today? Where are all of the best catch phrases? I have only heard two so far? C'mon guys lets step it up-need more cowbell.
Bond on a wand and James Dong-what else you got?

I’m thinking 007 and Stranger Things would make for a fantastic 2-pin lineup. One pin you’re shooting an anus, and the other a dildo. Match made in heaven

#3405 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

No info about the 60th anniversary game yet, per 2 dealers I asked. Probably closer to Bond's actual 60th anniversary around October 5.

It will be one of the most expensive pins Stern will ever release. My guess is it will be Goldfinger with real 24karat gold flake

#3406 1 year ago

With talking about the game and not the LE and price hike, honestly the game doesn't have much for toys (how many times have we said this about Sterns) and I personally don't see how the Premium is worth it over the Pro to me in my collection. I think the Pro is the best bang for the buck and the $2600 worth of "upgrades" is kind of weak.

#3407 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

...both bought for under 10k new shipped with taxes

If you had bought the exact same premiums, you could afford this LE

#3408 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

It will be one of the most expensive pins Stern will ever release. My guess is it will be Goldfinger with real 24karat gold flake

Sad thing really is that most people will never get to play one.

#3409 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One pin you’re shooting an anus

I thought we came to the conclusion that it resembled a vagina and not an anus-I could be totally wrong

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

With talking about the game and not the LE and price hike, honestly the game doesn't have much for toys (how many times have we said this about Sterns) and I personally don't see how the Premium is worth it over the Pro to me in my collection. I think the Pro is the best bang for the buck and the $2600 worth of "upgrades" is kind of weak.

I'm battling with this same decision. I'm in for a premium, but that pro looks like it will play quick. I hope the jetpack bond doesn't slow everything down too much. Tough call for me.

#3411 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Too much leg work and risk for such a small profit as well with Stern cutting into the margin. Much easier ways to make and guarantee profit.

Is it too much work? You just need a 3x3 floor space to store the game in box. Then when someone wants it, they come pick it up and hand you cash. It's practically zero effort to flip an LE. The only hard part is coming up with the cash for it. Sure, you can make profit in less time buying/repairing/selling used games, but you will likely need to do a lot of leg work, chasing messages/calls, gas, labor, etc.

#3412 1 year ago

Man I just told my wife "Tough titties" when I told her I ordered a new pinball machine, now Im in hell

Added 19 months ago:

The above statement in quotations is credit to crazy levi.

#3413 1 year ago

I guess part of the strategy is to help Stern make up for the loss of LE's sales from skipping a release. Ya gotta figure $1500 (the price increase) x 1000 is a cool $1.5M. The normal mark up over a premium was $1500.

So the extra $1500 basically makes them whole from the LE's they skipped.

#3414 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It will depend how they tie it into sounds and lighting. I am thinking Ghostbusters Storage facilty multi-ball style action? Hopefully so
Go to 1:10 minute in this video to see Storage Facility example...

Right. But have you watched the Stern 007 video? It appears to be 1/2 a missile on a spring

#3415 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

LE hasn't been "Worth it" in over a decade. It should always be wildly overpriced. Its very nature is just a status/Collectable thing

Nothing in pinball is really “worth it” Law, but all those LEs for $7-9k now selling for twice that?

Now 1,000 LEs at $14k with shipping and tax?

Maybe I should sell all my pins and just buy a Bond Aston Martin

#3416 1 year ago
Quoted from sbmania:

With this kind of feeding frenzy, I will guarantee you that Stern sees that as a green light to continue to raise their prices even further.

I think they are up against the ceiling as JJP found out.

#3417 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

But have you watched the Stern 007 video?

Just watched it. I see what you are saying but if they stall the sequence and add sounds and lighting-could be cool. Alright I am just going to say that after watching the video that jetpack looks super cheesy. The little plastic figurine under window is cute. Seriously wondering if Gomez rushed this one out taking over for Steve. Usually Gomez has cool mechs-but I am just not seeing it on this table. Hoping Dwight's ruleset will save this game and peak my interest.

#3418 1 year ago

I am all sold out of my LE allotment, Thank you to our customers that got in and were able to secure a spot with us.
We sold quite a few to first time buyers which was our goal with the first come first serve model.
We greatly appreciate all of your business
Edit - looking at the orders - our LE allotment was gone in about 4 minutes, that beat our RUSH sellout by 3 minutes!

#3419 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Is it too much work? You just need a 3x3 floor space to store the game in box. Then when someone wants it, they come pick it up and hand you cash. It's practically zero effort to flip an LE. The only hard part is coming up with the cash for it. Sure, you can make profit in less time buying/repairing/selling used games, but you will likely need to do a lot of leg work, chasing messages/calls, gas, labor, etc.

By work I mean :

stressing over a successful damage free delivery
risk that the profit margin doesn't decrease while waiting on a potential buyer
tying up potential earning cash on a potential speculation
rounding up a reputable buyer
performing a successful cash transfer

I guess I'm just not the flipper type or of that mindset. I guess if your tying up hundreds of thousands in multiple buys it would make some sense as a volume flip, but the one off, nah... The silver lining, at these prices, there will be less interested in the flipping scheme

#3420 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I think they are up against the ceiling as JJP found out.

Yeah.. I agree... people are backing out just based on price. It will sell, but only because of the theme and it looks like a top game. If it wasn't for both of those... this one might not move (see TS4).

#3421 1 year ago
Quoted from proco:

Trending up this week: prices!
[quoted image]

That's a cool chart but I think you should cut out the Multimorphic modules. Those aren't playable as-is so they can't really be compared to working pins, and cutting off everything below $5000 will give the chart more space.

#3422 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Couldn't agree more. Decided to go RushLE for the expression lighting and the price justified the goodies. With Bond, the LE doesn't justify the price hike. Fortunately, I love my current collection and after this Premium purchase, I'm going to be on the sidelines for awhile. At the end of the day, the tech in these games is starting to get long in the tooth. Bond on a wand looks hoaky, to be honest. Much of the excitement seems to revolve around the license...

#3423 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah.. I agree... people are backing out just based on price. It will sell, but only because of the theme and it looks like a top game. If it wasn't for both of those... this one might not move (see TS4).

TS4 does move on secondary market at 13k. I’m not sure it’s a coincidence that’s what Stern set the LE at.

#3424 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nothing in pinball is really “worth it” Law, but all those LEs for $7-9k now selling for twice that?
Now 1,000 LEs at $14k with shipping and tax?
Maybe I should sell all my pins and just buy a Bond Aston Martin

The unfortunate part is that NIB LE prices partially drive secondary market prices for other LE titles. So instead of the MSRP floor being $11k GZLE/$12.5k GnRCE, we are now at $13k BondLE/$15k TS4CE. This is only going to keep pulling up the secondary prices.

#3425 1 year ago
Quoted from Gameroom-Goodies:

I am all sold out of my LE allotment, Thank you to our customers that got in and were able to secure a spot with us.
We sold quite a few to first time buyers which was our goal with the first come first serve model.
We greatly appreciate all of your business

That's great you also think of first time buyers! And on posting here as well!

#3426 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Let's be real here, a pretty big percentage of LE buyers are looking for the FLIP

Disagree. There are always going to be flippers but there isn’t enough volume to make it that worthwhile. It’s not like you’re going to get 5 to flip.

Most LE buyers want an LE because it’s a game that resonates with them and one they think will be in their collections long term. In each case for my Stern LEs I greatly preferred the LE art package and didn’t mind the extra premium. Munsters was the only LE I passed on because I didn’t like the art.

#3427 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Couldn't agree more. Decided to go RushLE for the expression lighting and the price justified the goodies. With Bond, the LE doesn't justify the price hike. Fortunately, I love my current collection and after this Premium purchase, I'm going to be on the sidelines for awhile. At the end of the day, the tech in these games is starting to get long in the tooth. Bond on a wand looks hoaky, to be honest. Much of the excitement seems to revolve around the license...

Reminds me of the great last line of season one of Barry -- "Starting . . . now!"

#3428 1 year ago

I bet TS4 doesn’t age as well as Bond.

That being said, I’ll play both on location - msrp is just ridiculous.

#3429 1 year ago

Will wait to play the Pro but for now I am out

Im out (resized).jpgIm out (resized).jpg
#3430 1 year ago

Stern loves Pinheads!

They've passed the 2022 Cost of Doing Business onto the Collector/Flipper market. Those dudes typically have loads of $$$ anyway and aren't going to put 4,000 plays on their machine.

IMO Pros at $7,000 is a modest increase in pricing considering skyrocketing costs/prices everywhere.

Pro is the way to go.

#3431 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

First local arcade in the DC/Baltimore metro to secure this gets a visit from me and too many beer purchases for one visit!

Well you know where to plan your visit to dulles then

#3432 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

This may be a blessing in disguise. Look at it that way.

This. My gut tells me the days of buying LE's as a can't miss flip or play and make 1-2k are rapidly coming to an end.

At these price points, depending on title and popularity, they may or may not hold their value. If Bond turns out to be an average game, with tough economic times ahead, LE's might be had for 10-11k in the not too distant future.

#3433 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Stern loves Pinheads!
They've passed the 2022 Cost of Doing Business onto the Collector/Flipper market. Those dudes typically have loads of $$$ anyway and aren't going to put 4,000 plays on their machine.
IMO Pros at $7,000 is a modest increase in pricing considering skyrocketing costs/prices everywhere.
Pro is the way to go.

I'm actually leaning Pro - I love the Bond on a wand but questioning if it's worth the $2600...

#3434 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Oscelot!!

4D2AE9E5-BC2C-4C89-9AFD-565F0F77E1C2 (resized).jpeg4D2AE9E5-BC2C-4C89-9AFD-565F0F77E1C2 (resized).jpeg
#3435 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If they get the sounds and lighting effects correct-it may not need to move. Let's not start the does the Missile move? Had enough with people trying to make Grogu move.

George said the mode is pretty awesome with launch sounds, sirens and lighting effects. Integrated with shaker no doubt could be cool. It is too bad it couldn’t rise out of PF until it almost touched glass

#3436 1 year ago

Ok PinMonk or whoever does the powder coat mock ups. I need pics of different powder coats on the premium! I do like that LE armor a lot, dunno if they color would go perfectly though

#3437 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Looks like Lonnie is lead programmer on this one.

Where was this stated? Is Mike assisting like Stranger Things. If not then Im out.

#3438 1 year ago

I'm a big fan of the theme and those movies in particular, but the playfield looks pretty sparse to me, especially at that price.

#3439 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m thinking 007 and Stranger Things would make for a fantastic 2-pin lineup. One pin you’re shooting an anus, and the other a dildo. Match made in heaven

you had me at vagina and penis..

#3440 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Where was this stated? Is Mike assisting like Stranger Things. If not then Im out.

It’s just Mike and George on the podcast about the game.

#3441 1 year ago

I'm surprised, the Premium features seem kinda weak. I think I'm just not the demographic. The toys seem like cool toys from the 1960's but in 2022 they just seem super lame. The jet pack is just slow and unimpressive and that underwater scene is pointless. The wire ramp and physical ball look is nice but not for that price.

#3442 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:George said the mode is pretty awesome with launch sounds, sirens and lighting effects. Integrated with shaker no doubt could be cool. It is too bad it couldn’t rise out of PF until it almost touched glass

Wish it had a rotating base to give you some crazy ball spin action.

#3443 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Stern loves Pinheads!
Pro is the way to go.

The thing is, people trying to resell other recent premiums are taking a "decent" hit in the wallet unless it's Godzilla. I've seen Mando Premiums sitting at $7800. A lot of making people (I speak for myself here) is knowing I'm not (most likely) going to throw $2K out the window just to be the first owner.

#3444 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I usually go for Prem/LE because I've genuinely liked most of the Premium gameplay add ons in past games from the big (LZ, Munsters, BKSOR) to the small (Deadpool, Maiden). But I'm just not seeing it here and am going with a Pro. Hell, I feel like I should be paying more just to avoid that Bond on a wand. That thing looks like it's gonna be tedious.

#3445 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Its an expensive toy primarily targeted at Baby Boomers. (current target market).
However, when Baby Boomers go by-by, prices might drop as the next target market (Gen X and Millennials) will have limited funds. Plus they don't really care about about nostalgia.

I think you have your demographics mixed up. Genx are the ones spending money now for toys.

#3446 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yeah, rush LE is gorgeous AND came with expression lighting AND foil art...and was $1500 less. This LE looks great and I'm a huge Connery fan, so I'll whip out the lube and take it, but damn...Throw us a bone here. Honestly, powder coating the premium and getting a custom backglass is probably the way to go.

Also, would stern please get off their arse and release expression lights for my Rush premium?

#3447 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I thought we came to the conclusion that it resembled a vagina and not an anus-I could be totally wrong

You should tell your wife to get that checked out bud.

#3448 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's a 2 hour round trip for me... but I'm coming!

#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Wish it had a rotating base to give you some crazy ball spin action.

yeah, I was just thinking about my X-MEN LE, when you texted this..There's a LOT of spinning magnet fun on xmen..I love magnets (but not on all machines, of course). Would be neat if the rocket itself was a magnet/ball-lock -the balls would eventually stick to it, then the rocket spins them off..just a quick thought on that.

#3450 1 year ago

Any idea when they are going to stream this game?? Bond on a wand looks really slow and unimpressive. Also the wiggling missile looks meh. I’m in for a premium right now but I’m really leaning towards a pro or getting out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.