image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#576 9 years ago

Enforceable or not, people should not sign an agreement they do not intend to honor. Just my personal view.

#580 9 years ago

So, back on topic because I really am lost now, does anyone have an idea when these games will start shipping?

With TWD being manufactured now I see zero chance of it being October as some said earlier in the thread. Maybe December or January?

#698 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

God forbid PPS operate like almost every other company on the internet and have their own forum for QA.

I don't think them forming their own board is the issue at all and I think it was a good idea for PPS to do that. I think people dislike that they are asking posts be removed here to limit or control discussion...that is not common for companies to do.

#747 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you look at the top 3 complainers it's people who don't even own an MMR. You gotta wonder, why these people care SO much more about the delays than the people who actually bought the game.

WOZ gets the same treatment from nearly the same 3-4 complainers that don't own a WOZ either. I used to be convinced they were all Gary Stern and Gomez typing away in their garage...but now that I see it's the same gang in MMr and stern is helping with MMr I see my suspicions may have been wrong.

1 month later
#1644 9 years ago

It has been awhile since I have opened this thread. I'm a bit surprised we are still going over the coin mech issue.

So, the games are going to be manufactured starting in two weeks? Shipping starting in January?

#1646 9 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

The term 'coin mech' is almost becoming as annoying as 'Lionman'

Speaking of threads I haven't visited in awhile...

At this point, this coin mech issue has been a known deal for awhile...or at least it seems that way. Has anyone with money actually in the game right now asked to be let out due the coin mech issue and been told no? I could see someone in that position being massively unhappy, but everyone else?

#1648 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Well, it's only pinside...
Is there a locked MMr thread with updates only, as for Predator or other games? I would definitively read it.

I'll check. I believe there is. There is a fan thread, members only, where zero negativity about the game is allowed. I'm surprised Rick does not just use that thread for updates when he comes here.

3 weeks later
#2105 9 years ago

My gosh, leave this thread for a week and ... well ... same ole stuff.

1 month later
#3104 9 years ago
Quoted from sinnisterjsb:

Rick has said a lot of things......

I don't think it is Rick's call what machine is being made next and whether deposits will be requested or what not. Seems like CGC is in charge now?

1 week later
#3543 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

then the tables turned and he has been found out that he was infact the one using someone elses source code.

To be clear, this has absolutely not been determined. The case continues on . . . we are all but spectators and it is a mistake to assume the factual correctness of the allegations of either side or a third party. I know I am not qualified to draw conclusions at this stage in that suit.

To quote Collin Powel: "we don't know, what we don't know".

#3548 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It seems like there is a general distaste for Pinside among the manufacturers. I think they are missing a huge opportunity to connect with people, but all of the manufacturers have failed at actually doing it.

None of them like being put to the question by their customers once they are behind. For some questions there are no answers that someone will be reasonably willing to give for the public to scrutinize. It is partially the fault of the manufacturer for setting unreasonable expectations to begin with of course, but that is often how salesmen operate.

1 week later
#4139 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Maybe this sub forum should be renamed CGC? Right now it is Planetary under the Manufacturers section.

CGC has no presence on Pinside that I am aware of other than Rick. We are lucky Rick posts here from time to time honestly. If he suggested changing the sub forum title we would but otherwise the intention is to leave it PPS.

None of us fully understand the relationship between the two companies anyway, which is not that uncommon in privat industry.

1 month later
#5008 9 years ago

Been awhile since I checked into this thread. Looks like you guys are down to just minor packaging issues. Building games for third parties is a first for Stern as well...they are learning what they need to tell the people using their services as well.

Things will keep getting smoother and smoother after this first batch is shipped (which looks like Monday or Tuesday).

4 months later
#5324 8 years ago

I am so out of the loop on this game; how many MMr's have actually shipped? Anyone know? Thanks.

#5339 8 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

as for the standard edition...with as much trouble as they've had getting even 200 of the 1,000 out, does anybody else have any doubts about seeing standards being built?

If that is the case and only 1,000 MMr get made, that would be the end of this entire remake era right there. If MM only has enough demand for 1,000 remade units no other game would top 300-400...in my opinion.

#5382 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Some people are pissed, but don't post/say anything in fear their MMR order will be canceled.

Surely he has never cancelled someone's order for reason of what they have said or posted? I just can't believe Rick would do that.

#5443 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Someone else speculated that demand for MMR has dipped to the point where there may not be a need for many/any standards to be produced. That's not good for the long term viability of remakes as it shows the demand/interest is very time sensitive.

Yes, this is true for any type of product though. Hype sells, long waits damper enthusiasm. The longer the wait the greater the reduction of hype and a more lethargic view is taken by many.

I want MMr to be a success and I want to see more remakes come down the line. I hope PPS gets their butts moving and Stern helps them do so to get these MMr's pumped out and to people in one big massive run.

#5444 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i would add TAF (yes, i know, licensing)

Why do people feel this would be a hard license to acquire? Old movie assets like this just are not in demand (they could be acquired fairly cheaply I am sure).

#5449 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

the rumor is Raul Julia's estate is really hard to deal with. The Pinball Arcade had to do a kickstarter to get all the licenses involved, and still couldn't use the likeness of the actor who played Pugly, or Christopher Lloyd (who played Fester).

Ah, makes sense. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.