image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 111.
#2101 9 years ago

Can we just rename this the JFH thread since about 50% of the posts are his?

#2102 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

You're off by an order of magnitude - kinda like Rick's +/- estimates ...

#2103 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

jfh saves the universe?

#2104 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You're off by an order of magnitude - kinda like Rick's +/- estimates ...

Just curious why you ordered a new MMR LE when you said in another post that you have a mint original that you bought NIB and your so against the new and improved version then why did you order one? I see you are on the PPS sight which means you must have one on order because you have to have an order # to be on that forum?????

#2105 9 years ago

My gosh, leave this thread for a week and ... well ... same ole stuff.

#2106 9 years ago
#2108 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My gosh, leave this thread for a week and ... well ... same ole stuff.

The natives are getting restless in here. Whatever you do, don't slide open the playfield glass. They WILL escape!

#2109 9 years ago

What do you think? Have an "assemble your own pin" option. How hard could it be, right? Who's got sterns address!! Who's in? Let's go! Don't forget your 3/8 nut driver.

#2110 9 years ago

Well... At least we're pretty sure CGC has secured the rights to use the King's likeness on the back glass...

#2111 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Well... At least we're pretty sure CGC has secured the rights to use the King's likeness on the back glass...

Leave Steve Ritchie out of this

#2112 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It may not be on Ricks end. Like I said before, I never got those e-mails you claimed to have sent me Batman.

Ok. Ask him to return the calls from the Batphone then.

#2113 9 years ago

It's the last full work week of the year. I'm hoping for some news. I don't care if they get 1 game off the line this year, that's still a huge difference than zero.

#2114 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's the last full work week of the year. I'm hoping for some news. I don't care if they get 1 game off the line this year, that's still a huge difference than zero.

That honestly is a HUGE difference from what you so strongly were saying just a few short months back.

It is OK to be rightfully bummed and even pissed when they have not delivered all MMr in 2014, which obviously is not happening. It is even more OK to be pissed when Rick is not having good communication around this or taking any ownership for it >> keeps saying it is all on Chigame and Stern at this point it seems when obviously lots of delays up to and continue at this time due to the management of the whole project.

#2115 9 years ago

I have not complained about the delays - I would simply like to know what's going on. The last update was 11 days ago, they had UL approval. You would think there would be an update. Given the way people have had issues prior with WOZ waiting and now TBLE. I would be over communicating if it was me, really try to make my customers feel at ease..

Not saying anything bad. I am excited to get my favorite all time game and my first LE pin, just want to know what's going on..

#2116 9 years ago

Make up what you want. All I said was it would be really nice if they went into production before Jan 1. It has nothing to do with anything I've ever said in the past.

Quoted from Whysnow:

That honestly is a HUGE difference from what you so strongly were saying just a few short months back

Is it OK? I'm glad that it is. I'm so happy you approve of my feelings. You know it's okay to not say anything sometimes, right?

Quoted from Whysnow:

It is OK to be rightfully bummed and even pissed when they have not delivered all MMr in 2014, which obviously is not happening. It is even more OK to be pissed when Rick is not having good communication around this or taking any ownership for it >> keeps saying it is all on Chigame and Stern at this point it seems when obviously lots of delays up to and continue at this time due to the management of the whole project.

#2118 9 years ago
#2119 9 years ago

I also am one that has never complained about all the delays to this point. That said, I am really getting pissed that communication hasn't been forthcoming about production at this point. The "secondary line" doesn't go into production without a lot of prep. Not just stocking parts, but it also requires employees to man a second line, not currently in production. Do they exist or do they have to be hired and trained? None of this stuff happens in secret and I'm sure there is a schedule, that is well known to Stern, Chicago gaming, and PPS, and why that is not shared, reguardless of how uncomfortable it may make some, is just beyond me at this point. I spent over 40 years at a Fortune 500 company, the last 15 as VP of ops, and this shows a level of incompetence that certainly would not survive in my world.

#2120 9 years ago

There is no doubt in my mind that there are a lot of questions that can be answered that aren't.

It would be nice if they answered them, but no other pinball company answers them either so I don't think it's an issue.

Just get the damn things on the line already.

Quoted from Imeh:

I also am one that has never complained about all the delays to this point. That said, I am really getting pissed that communication hasn't been forthcoming about production at this point. The "secondary line" doesn't go into production without a lot of prep. Not just stocking parts, but it also requires employees to man a second line, not currently in production. Do they exist or do they have to be hired and trained? None of this stuff happens in secret and I'm sure there is a schedule, that is well known to Stern, Chicago gaming, and PPS, and why that is not shared, reguardless of how uncomfortable it may make some, is just beyond me at this point. I spent over 40 years at a Fortune 500 company, the last 15 as VP of ops, and this shows a level of incompetence that certainly would not survive in my world.

#2121 9 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I spent over 40 years at a Fortune 500 company, the last 15 as VP of ops, and this shows a level of incompetence that certainly would not survive in my world.

Agreed. Rick came in one day telling those of us with corporate management experience that we couldn't possibly understand project management like he did, being a former mid-level manager himself.

I'm give Rick the benefit of the doubt and assume it's not incompetence. I just chalk it up to arrogance. He's an A type personality that doesn't seem to care that his customer base wants to see the communication and transparency he promised when MMR was announced.

#2122 9 years ago

Anyone have ricks number? I know he put it out there a while back but I can't seem to find it. It would be nice to actually talk to him instead of posting something and waiting for a reply that may or my not come..

#2123 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

There is no doubt in my mind that there are a lot of questions that can be answered that aren't.

Yup. I was really hoping that Rick would have answered (or at least acknowledged) the questions you asked a few weeks ago on the PPS forums. They were direct, to the point, relevant and drama free. I really didn't expect to see anything here on Pinside, but expected more over there.

#2124 9 years ago

T.G.I.O.

(Thank God I'm out)

#2125 9 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Anyone have ricks number? I know he put it out there a while back but I can't seem to find it. It would be nice to actually talk to him instead of posting something and waiting for a reply that may or my not come..

Here's what I could dig up:

"All the deposit money is in the bank ... rusty once again you have no idea what you are talking about. Usually the people that are the loudest are not the customer, they just want to make sure no one succeeds. Btw ... I have invited anyone who has major issues to call me and I would love to chat ... no takers. 408-891-7878 is my cell, we can have the happy people call me or the ones who are so stressed out that someone is attempting to make a product for other people ... anyone can call! Rusty, Teekee, anyone call me and I can go thru anything you want, as I would love to hear all perspectives on why developing a project to provide a game into the market is a bad thing. We can compare against all the things you do for pinball as well if you like.

If this continues to be the 3-4 people attempting to just be negative, then we can lock the thread and move to a more constructive forum ... I will always listen to input, but I won't have such dis-information, and such angry people have a place to just spew such nonsense."

#2126 9 years ago

Mock surprise no games in 2014 with those empty coin mechs.
I'm predicting mid-2015 for shipment start... and yet again; Rick will be silent for the entire time.

#2127 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

T.G.I.O.
(Thank God I'm out)

You can play mine.......not

#2128 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

You can play mine.......not

LMAO...neither can you, so far!

#2129 9 years ago

Still glad I'm in, still want the game, but it would be nice to know the intended timeline, whatever it is. And if that falls off for reasons unpredicted, so be it. Stuff happens. You tell people. After being half a year late, the people that have invested deserve better.

#2130 9 years ago

I'm surprised that with all the Stern employees ,delivery guys etc no one has leaked out what's going on inside Sterns facility ?

#2131 9 years ago

Feel its really time for a PPS update....
I have lot of patience but they promised for weekly updates...
Better to tell something then nothing.

#2132 9 years ago

The silent treatment! It's worse!

#2133 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I'm surprised that with all the Stern employees ,delivery guys etc no one has leaked out what's going on inside Sterns facility ?

They did. It was the only post that ever really got Rick's attention, and that thread got closed on his request about a day later...

#2134 9 years ago

Come on Ricky, give us the heater

untitled.pnguntitled.png
#2135 9 years ago

The sound of silence.....

#2136 9 years ago

It doesn't have to be like this. All that I would need to feel OK about my purchase is a weekly update every Monday. Doesn't have to be good news but when I pay 8K for something I expect to at least get progress updates and updated timelines.

For all we know they are being made at stern right now, or maybe stern doesn't have half the parts needed and it could be 6 more months. There is no worse legal business practice than leaving your customers to guess what is going on. Guessing turns to frustration, frustration leads to anger, anger leads to demanding refunds or never buying from that company again.

It seems pretty obvious to me that PPS has our money so they have no reason to give a damn about our opinions.

#2137 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It doesn't have to be like this
It seems pretty obvious to me that PPS has our money so they have no reason to give a damn about our opinions.

Ding, ding, ding!

#2138 9 years ago

Oh, I think you guys know that's not it. I haven't heard of a single person that hasn't gotten a refund that's asked.

It's not about the money. It might be about a colossal screw up, we won't know until they start building, but it's not a take your money and run situation.

Quoted from jgentry:

Quoted from yzfguy:

Ding, ding, ding!

#2139 9 years ago

I'm not afraid they are going to take the money and run, I'm just tired of being treated like an idiot by incompetent management.

#2140 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Oh, I think you guys know that's not it. I haven't heard of a single person that hasn't gotten a refund that's asked.
It's not about the money. It might be about a colossal screw up, we won't know until they start building, but it's not a take your money and run situation.

I don't think they are trying to take our money and I have no doubt the games will come out. If I wanted a refund I could get one through my distributor. That leaves my distributor high and dry though which I'm not about to do.

My issue is with the communication and general business practice. You have our money, tell us what the heck is going on. I'd much rather know that they are fighting through specific unpredicted issues and trying to make us the best game possible than have to guess what the heck they are doing. Why are humans so incapable of proper communication? Lots of people may not like the delays and updates that hurt the delivery time but they will at least respect the company and have some trust in them.

Look at JJP, they took an absolute beating on everything involved with WOZ. It took forever and people pitched fits left and right. They didn't crawl into a hole and disappear. The owner responded when needed and hasn't hide from their mistakes.

#2141 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It doesn't have to be like this. All that I would need to feel OK about my purchase is a weekly update every Monday.

There isn't much to update. We know about where everything is. The only update will be "they are rolling down the line".

And that will likely happen before they can give a guess to when production starts.

LTG : )™

#2142 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And that will likely happen before they can give a guess to when production starts.

The natives might not want any more guesses. That was tried before, and they were wrong.

#2143 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

The natives might not want any more guesses. That was tried before, and they were wrong.

+/-

#2144 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There isn't much to update. We know about where everything is. The only update will be "they are rolling down the line".

That could easily be an announced update.

"Nothing new this Monday, all parts are now ready to begin production. Stern has not given a production start date yet. Projected start date is less then 30 days and I will likely not know until they have begun"

Or

"Nothing much new this Monday. Stern is waiting on 2 more parts that have taken more time to be delivered then expected. The parts are scheduled to arrive on 12/23/14. Due to the late arrival production will not start at stern until early January. Thanks for your patienance, we are getting so close to wrapping this up."

Or

"Unfortunately we have found a couple of small issues with the few games that are being tested on location. We have determined fixes for the issues and ordered the needed parts. This will only delay the start of production by 2 weeks. We just want to make sure these games are rock solid for everyone."

We do not want a book from PPS, we just want honest updates of the status of this project.

#2145 9 years ago

Rick just posted on the DP forum less than 2 hours ago. I'm guessing he must be reading this as well. So Rick, what is going on?

#2146 9 years ago

Rick just posted an update on the PPS forum.

#2147 9 years ago

any general/summarized share-friendly/approved version from the post that can come here?

#2148 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

any general/summarized share-friendly/approved version from the post that can come here?

Parts are still incoming.

My best guess is that production starts just before the end of the year with some folks getting machines in January. I have no idea who will get their machines first. I know I'm high up in JJP's queue. Whatever that means.

#2149 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Pretty much what we were asking for. The last parts are coming in and expected to arrive in 3-5 days.

Short and to the point but all that is really needed in my opinion. Thanks for giving a much desired update PPS.

#2150 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Parts are still incoming.
My best guess is that production starts just before the end of the year with some folks getting machines in January. I have no idea who will get their machines first. I know I'm high up in JJP's queue. Whatever that means.

He stated Gold being produced first. So it depends on how quickly they are pumped out of Stern, through CGC's CQ and on your trim color and how they will ship.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.