Topic Stats

• 5,504 posts
  • 428 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 306 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MMR-BlackA.jpg
adams3.jpg
image.jpg
IMG951691.jpg
Stern_Kiss_update.jpg
the big lebowski In-N-Out Burger.jpg
IMAG5605.jpg
vacation (1).JPG
image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

There are 5504 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 111.
#1 5 years ago

I looked around on PPS website for any updates and have seen none. I know you might be tired of a few dipshits beating dead horses but how about a production update on the game? Not sure if it matters but I have a game on order, deposit down, color picked but no more money sent in at this time. I have purchased through a distributor.

You mentioned a private newsgroup possibly, I think that is a great idea. I think it worked well for WOZ and most of the discussions were positive and didn't get derailed quite like they do sometimes here.

Not to worried or in a huge hurry, just curious how it's going.

Chris Kruger

#3 5 years ago

Rick closed the last thread to many jealous people complaining about it,the way I look at it is if you don't like the game then don't buy it .

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Not to worried or in a huge hurry, just curious how it's going.

Just play some Iron Man in the meantime!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Pubchamp1:

Rick closed the last thread to many jealous people complaining about it,the way I look at it is if you don't like the game then don't buy it .

What sucks is the guy JFH or whatever his screen name is is not in in on the preorder according to Rick. So the people who actually preordered have to suffer without updates on here? I never understood why he couldn't call Rick for answers? Much easier to type on the internet I guess.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

What sucks is the guy JFH or whatever his screen name is is not in in on the preorder according to Rick. So the people who actually preordered have to suffer without updates on here? I never understood why he couldn't call Rick for answers? Much easier to type on the internet I guess.

Exactly every time I called Rick with a question he answered and was available, I think it's people who over paid for the original MM are mad that they lost a lot of value to the new and improved MMR LE?

#7 5 years ago

When there is a solid update, I'm sure Rick will post it....

#8 5 years ago

This is a terrible idea. JJP screwed up big time, the only way to get an official response is to use the official private boards. That way, all the negativity toward the company and the project is steered away from the public eye.

If PPS does a great job, they should be praised publicly. If they drop the ball, the should be scrutinized publicly.

Quoted from joemamma:

You mentioned a private newsgroup possibly, I think that is a great idea.

In terms of the production update, this is the first thing the team has done that personally pissed me off. You missed the last estimate, fine, but that was 13 days ago, we are owed an update.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This is a terrible idea. JJP screwed up big time, the only way to get an official response is to use the official private boards. That way, all the negativity toward the company and the project is steered away from the public eye.

I'm not on the JJP private boards but I for one don't feel that I've been unduly shielded from negitivity toward JJP and WOZ!

#10 5 years ago

Any operator who owns the boards owns the rules. What can be said, what can't be. Can delete threads they want to delete etc. I'd rather see them participate in a public forum.

Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm not on the JJP private boards but I for one don't feel that I've been unduly shielded from negitivity toward JJP and WOZ!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If PPS does a great job, they should be praised publicly. If they drop the ball, the should be scrutinized publicly.

In terms of the production update, this is the first thing the team has done that personally pissed me off. You missed the last estimate, fine, but that was 13 days ago, we are owed an update.

I agree that it should be handled on a public forum, Rick probably agrees.

Trying to understand what pissed you off? Lack of updates?

#12 5 years ago

MMR Update – Turning the corner to Mfg! 6/30/14 was 44 days ago posted by PPS!!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

MMR Update – Turning the corner to Mfg! 6/30/14 was 44 days ago posted by PPS!!

Can't wait to unbox my shiny new MMR LE

#14 5 years ago

Yah, I just want an update. I figured when they missed the estimate we'd get a new one. I'm not mad they missed the esitmate, that's why it's an estimate. But an update would have been nice.

Quoted from hardware:

Trying to understand what pissed you off? Lack of updates?

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Pubchamp1:

I think it's people who over paid for the original MM are mad that they lost a lot of value to the new and improved MMR LE?

Do you have any idea how rediculous you sound?!
Comments like this are what derail good threads.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I'm not going to bore you with all the specifics, but Rick stretched things a bit when he said in the last post in the other thread that he didn't know what my interest was in MMR. It is correct that I no longer have an MMR order with PPS (Rick canceled it). I have called Rick (message not returned) and we have traded a number of emails. (The questions I had regarding how the mech issue were not answered, if anyone cares)

As for anyone with a preorder, calling "Rick decided to leave instead of answering questions publicly" suffering is a bit strange. Why don't you just call Rick for answers?

Seriously, though - why bother the man? He said he would post updates on his web site. I'm sure that 1000 machines aren't going to be produced before there is some information made public.

#17 5 years ago

put in a feature update just now on a few things, will have hopefully one to two more updates today

http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/

#18 5 years ago

Sweet Thanks for the update. Cant wait to get my game. Are you still confident that all of the LE's will be delivered in 2014?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

put in a feature update just now on a few things, will have hopefully one to two more updates today

Wow Thanx for the update and all the new awesome features Rick,
Oh read it and weep "jfh"

#20 5 years ago

Appreciate the communication Rick and also the thorough testing to insure we all get the best machine possible.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Pubchamp1:

Exactly every time I called Rick with a question he answered and was available, I think it's people who over paid for the original MM are mad that they lost a lot of value to the new and improved MMR LE?

Welcome back to Pinside, HondaNut, aka BigBoyThursday, aka Galagamaster.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Great update. Very good idea on the shaker vibration to put the main board on the bottom side to the test and show everyone it's build to take abuse. Kudos.

#23 5 years ago

Loooking good PPS! Shake it Baby!!!!
~steveo

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I'm very impressed by the video of the vibration test of the main LED boards I guess that puts the conspiracy or made up theory that a ball rolling on the playfield might put a bulb out. I guess we won't be changing any bulbs for the next 30 years? Thanks Rick you and PPS are Awesome!

#25 5 years ago

Just made update on the overall timeline & status ...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/medieval-madness-remake-status-aug-13-2014/

Next up will be pictures of the pre-production game coming in an hour or two.

Next update after that this week will be Video of the pre-production game shot over the weekend with Roger Sharpe playing/commenting on it, which he played it over the weekend on the 9th (aug)

rick

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Just made update on the overall timeline & status ...
http://www.planetarypinball.com/medieval-madness-remake-status-aug-13-2014/
Next up will be pictures of the pre-production game coming in an hour or two.
Next update after that this week will be Video of the pre-production game shot over the weekend with Roger Sharpe playing/commenting on it, which he played it over the weekend on the 9th (aug)
rick

Thanks for the update Rick. I am very interested in Roger's thoughts on the game. If he is good with it, that pretty much says you nailed it.

pubchamp1 - I have nothing to weep about. I have been (and continue) to be a big supporter of what Rick and PPS are trying to do (and, looking at the update, doing). I'm guessing you are really some alias ID trying to stir up trouble. If you think it bothers me, you are sadly mistaken.

#27 5 years ago

thank you for the updates, rick! so much new info...

- adjustable pops strength
- adjustable catapult strength
- games will be built mid-october
- new dmd menu to control what used to be the dip switches for country settings
- new shaker test and settings dmd menu
- a main board was strapped directly to a shaker motor on full blast for 250 straight hours for stress testing and it survived.
- the delay involved ul testing discovering the transformer was not built to spec ( or something like that). fixed.
- most all required parts are currently in inventory.

#28 5 years ago

Very much looking forward to this.

Quoted from PPS:

Nobody likes delays, but it sounds like you are a lot more confident in your time frame in this update than your last one.

The original promise was to have the games delivered buy the end of the year, and it sounds like that's still going to happen.

#29 5 years ago

What would be awesome would be a next gen color DMD. CGI of dragons and the whole MM universe... That would put the remake over the top.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Pubchamp1:

it's people who over paid for the original MM are mad that they lost a lot of value to the new and improved MMR LE?

Yeah, that must be it.

With tax and delivery, I paid $3855 for mine NIB in 1997. The distributor probably saw me as one of those home customer suckers, but the $600 I "overpaid" has been well worth it. I'm tickled pink that hundreds of folks that have always wanted to have a nice MM will have one for Thanksgiving.

If anyone paid more than it was worth it to them at the time for MM (or any other game), that's their problem. Why anyone would want to see MMR (or any remake) fail is beyond me.

#31 5 years ago

Just posted pictures of the pre-production game built last week ... all with production parts (produced, procured, verified, tested) ... it takes a village ...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-pre-production-game-real-game-real-production-parts-8914/

#32 5 years ago

I really hope it is delivered before the snow flies, Once that happens I will have no way of getting it in my lower level.

#33 5 years ago

Looks great and even though production has been pushed back a little, it's all worth the wait.
Oh, the owner of CG might want to get some of Bryan Kelly's pin footies to keep from scratching his floors

#34 5 years ago

shhh ... that was what we were going to do in leiu of coin mechs for ... now we have to throw that idea away ...

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

shhh ... that was what we were going to do in leiu of the coin mechs ... now we have to throw that idea away ...

We don't want to excite Bryan too much ... as setting expectations with him is playing with fire ...

#36 5 years ago

Can the leds be switched out for incandescent? Also, not sure of the reasoning on why the plaque will state whether the LE # was picked or randomly assigned? Thanks rick, looks great, just need me some coin mechs...

#37 5 years ago

Nice thorough update. Thanks for that. It won't be long now!

#38 5 years ago

I like the additions to the service/adjustment menus. And the shaker motor test was awesome. No one is going to screw up those boards with home play.

I don't know if anyone has asked this before - would it be difficult to add shaker motor support to old titles that didn't have native support (i.e. to code for original MMs or AFMs)? If not (and it's cost-effective for PPS and us), I'd buy it. Never really thought a shaker could add anything to game play until I got my STLE.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

Can the leds be switched out for incandescent?

No, the inserts are all built in, surface mounted LEDs. The GI probably physically could fit incandescent, but I am sure that the system isn't designed to drive them.

#40 5 years ago

A real knocker in the backbox. Nice to have.

#41 5 years ago

Great update Rick! Can't wait for my MMRLE to arrive!!!

#42 5 years ago

Thanks for the update.

Chris Kruger

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

Also, not sure of the reasoning on why the plaque will state whether the LE # was picked or randomly assigned?

He just means the number will be random unless you paid extra, it's not going to state that you picked it or not. (As I read it.)

#44 5 years ago

Thanks for the needed update fix Rick and I feel less jittery now, so now can you stop posting so much and git r done!

#45 5 years ago

Any idea how far out from having a fully colorized DMD? Any chance they will ship with full color?

#46 5 years ago

So we have new update thread.

#47 5 years ago

Let's see how it goes since JFH has to be every other post about this game even though he is out!

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Any idea how far out from having a fully colorized DMD? Any chance they will ship with full color?

There is zero chance they're going to ship with color.

I'd love to hear an update on the official statement over eventual color though.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Let's see how it goes since JFH has to be every other post about this game even though he is out!

You and pubchamp1 need to go find a room.

(And, what do you know - every other post!)

#50 5 years ago

Sweetness!!

I can only hope and pray you deliver the Gold package to Arizona in the first/second batch.

Now the question becomes, when is my money due for the AFM remake? AKA: When is my wife's next vacation?

October works for the MMrLE, thanks Ricky, Don't lose that number..........

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brownsburg, IN
There are 5504 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 111.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside