image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 111.
#5301 8 years ago
#5302 8 years ago

Dangerous post this, cause can be easely seen as hating which its not, genuine question.

But look at all the parties involved in this remake. What if, lets say, only jjp or stern would have done this.

Could this than be a 6k euro pin instead of 8k?

Is that possible for future remakes?

#5303 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Dangerous post this, cause can be easely seen as hating which its not, genuine question.

Could this than be a 6k euro pin instead of 8k?
Is that possible for future remakes?

I hope so, I would fork out another $8K for CC but other remakes I would pass.

A friend in LA gets a stainless trim MMR monday from automated ,hoping to get a call from twisted pins

#5304 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I hope so, I would fork out another $8K for CC but other remakes I would pass.
A friend in LA gets a stainless trim MMR monday from automated ,hoping to get a call from twisted pins

Post pics of the SS one!

#5305 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Post pics of the SS one!</blockquote

For sure , if the rails came off easy like a Stern I was going to chrome it but I'm not messing with the double back tape. But with a Williams chrome speaker grill it would look nice

1 week later
#5306 8 years ago

For what it's worth, I called Jersy Jack today to inquire on the status. Katie said that I am in the next batch of stainless steel and they will hopefully ship early next week...then again they said the same thing 2 weeks ago too....

#5307 8 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

For what it's worth, I called Jersy Jack today to inquire on the status. Katie said that I am in the next batch of stainless steel and they will hopefully ship early next week...then again they said the same thing 2 weeks ago too....

On another post I commented about Jack said ! Was hilarious and caught BS from pezpunk or whatever ,I hope you get your game soon but I personally don't believe anything that guy says.

#5308 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

On another post I commented about Jack said ! Was hilarious and caught BS from pezpunk or whatever ,I hope you get your game soon but I personally don't believe anything that guy says.

All I did was give you one thumbs down for crapping on someone's excitement, and you can't stop posting about it. Toughen up, man.

#5309 8 years ago

There is a rumor started on the PPS forums that production is temporarily stopping due to a parts issue.

#5310 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

There is a rumor started on the PPS forums that production is temporarily stopping due to a parts issue.

#5311 8 years ago

sigh.

almost time to back on out of this one if that latest rumor is true.

#5312 8 years ago

It's beginning to look alot like Xmas !

#5313 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

It's beginning to look alot like Xmas !

i'm still taking the under.

#5314 8 years ago
#5315 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Pinball Mafia has tightened it's grip? Pay more points or MMR sleeps with the fishes.

#5316 8 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

sigh.
almost time to back on out of this one if that latest rumor is true.

If true, maybe it is time to start thinking about that.

#5317 8 years ago

I have been a supporter since day 1, but this is getting ridiculous. I could be actually playing new games today with the 8k that has been sitting in someones bank account for a year. This may be it for me. Will wait for confirmation that the rumor is true though.

#5318 8 years ago
#5319 8 years ago

I've waited 18 years for an MM. I can wait a few more weeks. Or months. Impatient people probably shouldn't pre-order pinball machines.

#5320 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I've waited 18 years for an MM. I can wait a few more weeks. Or months. Impatient people probably shouldn't pre-order pinball machines.

You placed your order 18 years ago?

Holy cow dude, you *do* have patience!

#5321 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Impatient people probably shouldn't pre-order pinball machines.

it's hardly impatience. come on, people.

#5322 8 years ago

Those with patience wait until a product actually exists before purchasing it.

#5323 8 years ago

Maybe ? The pinball gods above never wanted remakes ! I look at it this way ! Resale value is way up there ! The waiting factor added at least 20%

#5324 8 years ago

I am so out of the loop on this game; how many MMr's have actually shipped? Anyone know? Thanks.

#5325 8 years ago

Well, I am officially out. Jumped to a WOZ. Will grab an MMr Standard when they are actually available to buy.

Huge thanks to Jack and Katie for keeping me in the loop, and making this painless.

#5326 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am so out of the loop on this game; how many MMr's have actually shipped? Anyone know? Thanks.

somewhere in the neighborhood of 250.

#5327 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

somewhere in the neighborhood of 250.

I guess less than that. They didn't get through the first batch, apparently due to quality issues and there's been very few updates after the line started again. My guess is about 200

#5328 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I guess less than that. They didn't get through the first batch, apparently due to quality issues and there's been very few updates after the line started again. My guess is about 200

Actual count on first run was 187 (read that on PPS I believe) before the break and this last run was mostly stainless. Pez is probably right near the mark with his count. I think I would switch to stainless if that would mean getting my machine quicker

#5329 8 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Well, I am officially out. Jumped to a WOZ. Will grab an MMr Standard when they are actually available to buy.
Huge thanks to Jack and Katie for keeping me in the loop, and making this painless.

Crap, your MMR to Woz just jumped in front of my Hobbit..

#5330 8 years ago

Rick just posted an update on PPS. Hoping I get my game before the snow flies.....

#5331 8 years ago

I guess there won't be any announcement at EXPO this year for the next remake with all these delays

#5332 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-medieval-madness-mmr

#5333 8 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Ha...did exactly the same thing just before Xmas 2014. Had a deposit on MMr for almost 12 months, got sick of waiting and swapped my deposit over to a WOZ. Fantastic game, you'll love it. Looking like it will be Xmas 2015 before MMr finally makes it to Australia.

(Ended up with a nice original MM a couple of months later anyway )

#5334 8 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Jumped from one boondoggle to another.

#5335 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Jumped from one boondoggle to another.

The difference being, this "boondoggle" is over, and I can actually get a game by going with a WOZ. I keep seeing unboxings of MMr, but I was in day 1, paid last July, and still can't get a concrete answer as to when I could actually expect to receive my game. I would rather have a game to play with my 8k. Will grab an MMr Standard when I can order one, and actually have it shipped to me that week.

#5336 8 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

The difference being, this "boondoggle" is over, and I can actually get a game by going with a WOZ. I keep seeing unboxings of MMr, but I was in day 1, paid last July, and still can't get a concrete answer as to when I could actually expect to receive my game. I would rather have a game to play with my 8k. Will grab an MMr Standard when I can order one, and actually have it shipped to me that week.

I have WOZ in my line up at home and everyone loves it ! You won't be disappointed

#5337 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

All I did was give you one thumbs down for crapping on someone's excitement, and you can't stop posting about it. Toughen up, man.

For what it's worth my game came last Thursday...not that I necessarily trusted what they said either

#5338 8 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

i don't think you made a mistake by backing out...i'm pretty darn close to trying to sell my spot (and my badass topper - sigh) as well.

as for the standard edition...with as much trouble as they've had getting even 200 of the 1,000 out, does anybody else have any doubts about seeing standards being built?

#5339 8 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

as for the standard edition...with as much trouble as they've had getting even 200 of the 1,000 out, does anybody else have any doubts about seeing standards being built?

If that is the case and only 1,000 MMr get made, that would be the end of this entire remake era right there. If MM only has enough demand for 1,000 remade units no other game would top 300-400...in my opinion.

#5340 8 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

For what reason would the games not get built? The factory is configured, they have delivered ~200 games already, the games are prepaid at this point so... I guess you're betting on Stern going bankrupt? Or CGC? I understand its been over a year for a number of people on this but I don't understand why the games won't eventually get built.

#5341 8 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

For what reason would the games not get built? The factory is configured, they have delivered ~200 games already, the games are prepaid at this point so....

Standards won't get built if there is no demand for them. The LEs are being built at a far slower rate than PPS led everyone to believe, so it's reasonable to expect that some folks that were interested in MMR have changed their mind and moved on to something else, lessening the demand for not only LEs, but standards as well.

TigerLaw is correct with regard to remake demand - MMR was the "holy grail" remake title. If MMR ends up only selling 1000 games (or less), that will make it difficult for AFM/MB/CC/BBB or whatever comes next - not only because the demand for those games is less, but because people aren't going to wait a year plus for each remake, hoping the one they want is next. PPS/CGC needs to find a way to step it up or the "we have plans for 7-10 titles" will just be an interesting footnote in pinball history.

#5342 8 years ago

My opinon is that once this MMR mess is cleared up and games actually ship.That's the end of any more remakes. IMHO.....

#5343 8 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

would it have been "painless" if you wanted a refund instead of a Woz?

#5344 8 years ago

Got my stainless #241 for JJP on Thursday. Now in the house. Need to figure when we open. I was first on the Stainless for jack and I got it finally. Pictures soon.

#5345 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Standards won't get built if there is no demand for them. The LEs are being built at a far slower rate than PPS led everyone to believe, so it's reasonable to expect that some folks that were interested in MMR have changed their mind and moved on to something else, lessening the demand for not only LEs, but standards as well.
TigerLaw is correct with regard to remake demand - MMR was the "holy grail" remake title. If MMR ends up only selling 1000 games, that will make it difficult for AFM/MB/CC/BBB or whatever comes next - not only because the demand for those games is less, but because people aren't going to wait a year plus for each remake, hoping the one they want is next. PPS/CGC needs to find a way to step it up or the "we have plans for 7-10 titles" will just be an interesting footnote in pinball history.

I mean ops will have a shot at this, I'm sure they will put a few on route. If they're good earners there could be a need for standards. Hopefully my financial situation will allow me to get one of these games next year. I always thought a 'standard' would be just fine for me.

I think the holy grail for Stern would be to be able to have enough parts / etc on hand that they don't need to 'run' a game, but rather can make them on demand for a longer period of time. Not possible now but could be the future of pinball for them as titles seem to get a 'second wind' / life a year or so after release (See Iron Man / Avatar as titles like that).

#5346 8 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I think the holy grail for Stern would be to be able to have enough parts / etc on hand that they don't need to 'run' a game, but rather can make them on demand for a longer period of time.

That is never going to happen with the PPS remakes - Stern doesn't control if/when the games get run, that's a CGC contract decision and they are responsible for the related parts.

#5347 8 years ago

I'm so fed up with these constant delays and lack of communication, having money tied down for more than a year with no end in sight doesnt help either. I think I'm done with remakes and preorders

#5348 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I'm so fed up with these constant delays and lack of communication, having money tied down for more than a year with no end in sight doesnt help either. I think I'm done with remakes and preorders

Agree, after selling my first spot I grabbed a second with Stern rolling these out. Was ready to go all in on a series of remakes. Now I am out . I will take my MMr but that's it no interest in anymore of this.

#5349 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

would it have been "painless" if you wanted a refund instead of a Woz?

Yep, they said that wouldn't have been an issue either. Just may have taken a bit of time, as Jack has already sent all of the money to CGC.

#5350 8 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

For what reason would the games not get built? The factory is configured, they have delivered ~200 games already, the games are prepaid at this point so... I guess you're betting on Stern going bankrupt? Or CGC? I understand its been over a year for a number of people on this but I don't understand why the games won't eventually get built.

Coming up on 2 years! JJPs release of WOZ in 3 years isn't looking so bad now. 2 years for a remake with STERN manufacturing. Making pinball machines is hard!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 64.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.