image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 111.
#5351 8 years ago

I have a black on order w/JJP and Katie just told me production has stopped, that it wouldn't begin again until August and I should check back at the end of August and -hopefully- they'll have some info on when I might get mine.

Insane. We're coming up on nearly a year since the games were promised to be built. The mismanagement of this project between PPS and CGC is epic. These guys are masters in the art of "The Complete Opposite of Six Sigma".

#5352 8 years ago

Yep. Completely fed up with being strung along. Switched over to a WOZ. Wish I would have done so a year ago.

#5353 8 years ago

remember how many times PPS swore that fitting into Stern's schedules would not be an issue? The move wouldn't be an issue.. That things were separate, etc.. now even after moving to the new facility and suffering that delay... they admit they need to fit within scheduling windows Stern dictates. Was obvious before... but glad reality has finally landed.

#5354 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

remember how many times PPS swore that fitting into Stern's schedules would not be an issue? The move wouldn't be an issue.. That things were separate, etc.. now even after moving to the new facility and suffering that delay... they admit they need to fit within scheduling windows Stern dictates. Was obvious before... but glad reality has finally landed.

Why are you "glad reality has finally landed?" It seems like a pretty crappy reality for those still waiting for their games, and I'm not sure they'll take much comfort in seeing Rick proven wrong yet again.

#5355 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It seems like a pretty crappy reality for those still waiting for their games, and I'm not sure they'll take much comfort in seeing Rick proven wrong yet again.

True, but it's still reality, and it's better to be out in the open.

#5356 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why are you "glad reality has finally landed?" It seems like a pretty crappy reality for those still waiting for their games, and I'm not sure they'll take much comfort in seeing Rick proven wrong yet again.

It's better to know what you are dealing with and have credible info... rather than have false faith that leads you to repeated disappointments. Its not about 'ha ha!' - its about balancing the pitch vs reality. Lack of experience here has kept them from knowing all the pitfalls.. and they've found them the hard way. The good news is, they have more experience now and hopefully future news will be more accurate because of it. But some bits really make you question what you can take at face value from CGC/PPS.

#5357 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's better to know what you are dealing with and have credible info... rather than have false faith that leads you to repeated disappointments. Its not about 'ha ha!' - its about balancing the pitch vs reality. Lack of experience here has kept them from knowing all the pitfalls.. and they've found them the hard way. The good news is, they have more experience now and hopefully future news will be more accurate because of it. But some bits really make you question what you can take at face value from CGC/PPS.

At this point, I don't think anything in the future that is said either by PPS/CGC can be taken at face value. I don't know whether to feel bad for Rick as he receives the brunt of the anger with the consistent delays....but since he's the Poster Boy for MMR, guess its to be expected.

#5358 8 years ago

Can't believe these are still not shipped, I recall jumping ship for STLE and have had that game for a good year and a half.

#5359 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

At this point, I don't think anything in the future that is said either by PPS/CGC can be taken at face value. I don't know whether to feel bad for Rick as he receives the brunt of the anger with the consistent delays....but since he's the Poster Boy for MMR, guess its to be expected.

No reason to feel sorry for Rick - his arrogance and dismissive attitude to anyone who dared to question his view of the world or who offered suggestions obliterated whatever good will he had from the community.

MMR seems more like a "one and done" remake every day. That's really sad, because there is (or should be) a decent market for WMS remakes. At one point, I would have gladly preordered remakes of MM, AFM, CC, TOM and BBB. Now the only one I would even consider would be Big Bang and that's only because an original is too far out of my price range.

I hope the few issues with MMR get resolved for the owners, but I see little evidence that Chicago Gaming is prepared to produce/sell/support pinball games long term. This isn't the second Vacation America debacle by any means, but it isn't the second coming of Williams that we were led to believe either.

As for taking anything Rick says at face value in the future - actions speak louder than words. If he every becomes transparent about questions and issues, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

#5360 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

At this point, I don't think anything in the future that is said either by PPS/CGC can be taken at face value.

At this point? Some of us have felt this way for quite some time now, for numerous reasons.

#5361 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

At this point? Some of us have felt this way for quite some time now, for numerous reasons.

In some ways you almost cannot fault Rick for what has gone on. He is a salesman, not a hobbyist or enthusiast. His job is to hype the product and squash bad talk and problems that might cost sales. What I never understand is the not-on-the-payroll folks that hype a project like this almost maniacally, and squash all attempts at asking technical questions or proof of the product claims as though the act of asking such a question will somehow threaten the project or the timeline...

#5362 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

In some ways you almost cannot fault Rick for what has gone on.

Sure you can; when someone acts that arrogant and displays such little respect for the customer. It's actually quite easy to lay the fault on a person like that. I was paid 100% + shipping until earlier this year. I didn't have an issue with the wait, I did however take issue with the lack of respect I receieved as a consumer. I'll still get my MM/MMr someday, it will just be second hand so I know the profit is going. I do hope the remakes are successful for the sake of all that have waited patiently and are excited to recieve them. I just won't be buying first hand until there is a change in management. I know others experiences have been different but I can only speak to my own.

#5363 8 years ago

So with all these delays cgc should have had time to colorize the display? Haven't heard anything about that for a while.

#5364 8 years ago
#5365 8 years ago

Did no one see the John's Arcade video of the Medieval Madness Remake pinball unboxing?

#5366 8 years ago

Seeing the game being unboxed... just blows my mind. I am so happy these games are being remade. So good for pinball!

#5367 8 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Seeing the game being unboxed... just blows my mind. I am so happy these games are being remade. So good for pinball!

I know. We use to freak when one was found in a warehouse still in the box. Then the PPS pictures of them on an assembly line seemed unreal. Now people I know are taking the fresh out of the box. It is cool.

#5368 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

His job is to hype the product and squash bad talk and problems that might cost sales.

Not being transparent cost him far more sales than quashing "bad talk" saved. Rick didn't need to hype a product that initially sold out in hours. If that has changed now, that's on him.

#5369 8 years ago
#5370 8 years ago

anyone know if the next 50 are still coming to australia ?

#5371 8 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

anyone know if the next 50 are still coming to australia ?

Was also wondering if they got produced before the current delay or are they off line August? Wayne would obviously know.

#5372 8 years ago

No am still waiting to hear as well

#5373 8 years ago

I'm guessing if you haven't heard, they aren't on the way.

#5374 8 years ago

Rick is a (bad word) IMO. I was excited about getting MMR LE and was on the order from day one, but PMed him and I asked him a couple of (I thought) valid questions and he blew me off. He told me if I was concerned or on the fence about it, he didn't need me, there was a waiting list of people who would take my spot. So I got a refund very early on and now I'm glad I did.

#5375 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Rick is a (bad word) IMO. I was excited about getting MMR LE and was on the order from day one, but PMed him and I asked him a couple of (I thought) valid questions and he blew me off. He told me if I was concerned or on the fence about it, he didn't need me, there was a waiting list of people who would take my spot. So I got a refund very early on and now I'm glad I did.

Fully agree. I have been in consulting for years, and if I communicated with any of my clients even once, the way that Rick does on a regular basis, I wouldn't have clients anymore. He is the only reason I jumped ship. If I am spending 8k on something, I want at least some semblance of customer service.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5376 8 years ago

For posts 5374 & 5375 above, Even Rick himself has to agree with the stated facts. Losing customers one reply at a time....

#5377 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

n some ways you almost cannot fault Rick for what has gone on. He is a salesman, not a hobbyist or enthusiast. His job is to hype the product and squash bad talk and problems that might cost sales.

but no excuse for the lack of customer relation skills. i understand its a pretty hectic/full on job he has./and the pressures that go with it... but treat your customers as no.1 priority please.

#5378 8 years ago

I'll give an example, I ordered a battery recharger for portable devices from Amazon. It was an inexpensive item like $79. The next week or two the company sent me an email and asked if I was happy with the purchase and if I had any questions or concerns. There are a lot of battery rechargers, so the competition is probably strong and the company wants repeat buyers.

The point is that customer service matters, I believe Rick felt that he had a killer app or a product that had no peer and so he could piss off people left and right, that would maybe have been the case if the pin was priced at a price that would have people lined up in droves such as $4700. He could have called me whatever and I'd still be on board for a MMR at a reasonable price. But with a price at the top of the market, he's really in the limit of what anyone will pay for a remake, so any little bit of jerkiness on his part will loose buyers.

#5379 8 years ago

Rick,

If you read these posts. I would absolutely take to heart what people are saying. Don't get defensive about it. Learn from it. Your business could be doing even better if you simply listened to your customers instead of treating like them like annoying kids that just need to stfu and let you do your job.

#5380 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well it's been a while since I've been out. I thought the only improvement they could ever make to this machine was getting rid of that speaker pop in between balls. It was still fun to play but you got punished after a drain. I'm guessing they did this with MMr?

Yeah, there is no speaker pop between balls.

#5381 8 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Rick,
If you read these posts. I would absolutely take to heart what people are saying. Don't get defensive about it. Learn from it. Your business could be doing even better if you simply listened to your customers instead of treating like them like annoying kids that just need to stfu and let you do your job.

Great advice, but likely falling on deaf ears. Rick has no interest in changing. I tried during the whole coinmech debacle and others before and after me have done the same. At least a dozen people over a year and a half have tried People that know Rick in real life have said he's like this in real life too - he's "never wrong".

If you plan on being in on PPS games you need to assume that the only info you are going to get from Rick is marketing related or whatever he deems appropriate. And since Doug doesn't post publically, you are unlikely to see any "real" info regarding the games unless a game owner posts something. It was supposed to be better when Rick took the discussion to the private PPS forums, but that has done nothing but splinter the discussion. Some people are pissed, but don't post/say anything in fear their MMR order will be canceled.

But you probably made his ignore list. Seems he ignores anyone on Pinside that posts anything he sees as negative about PPS/MMR, which is probably why he has no clue on how many potential customers he's lost or how many current ones aren't happy.

#5382 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Some people are pissed, but don't post/say anything in fear their MMR order will be canceled.

Surely he has never cancelled someone's order for reason of what they have said or posted? I just can't believe Rick would do that.

#5383 8 years ago

Opposite of a Napoleon Complex?

#5384 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Surely he has never cancelled someone's order for reason of what they have said or posted? I just can't believe Rick would do that.

I think it happened (or something along those lines) to the poster you quoted.

#5385 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This may be it.

Quoted from jfh:

I'm not going to bore you with all the specifics, but Rick stretched things a bit when he said in the last post in the other thread that he didn't know what my interest was in MMR. It is correct that I no longer have an MMR order with PPS (Rick canceled it). I have called Rick (message not returned) and we have traded a number of emails. (The questions I had regarding how the mech issue were not answered, if anyone cares)
As for anyone with a preorder, calling "Rick decided to leave instead of answering questions publicly" suffering is a bit strange. Why don't you just call Rick for answers?
Seriously, though - why bother the man? He said he would post updates on his web site. I'm sure that 1000 machines aren't going to be produced before there is some information made public.

#5386 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Surely he has never cancelled someone's order for reason of what they have said or posted?

Before games were shipping, I had received emails from folks that agreed with my comments, but were afraid to say so publicly because they thought it would put their game at risk.

#5387 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Right. Crazy talk...this thread is a pile on at this point. He would cancel an $8000 order out of spite? Whatever he is he is not a lunatic....that might be the craziest thing posted on here...well, today at least.

#5388 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

that might be the craziest thing posted on here...well, today at least.

Get used to it...

#5389 8 years ago

Nothing but crickets over on the PPS forums. Where's Rick???

#5390 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Nothing but crickets over on the PPS forums. Where's Rick???

You can't spell cRICKets without RICK!

#5391 8 years ago

My distributor contacted me today to verify that my color trim choice was black. I gather when production ramps back up the first week of August, there will be a good flow of games......I hope

#5392 8 years ago

Good news, great even, from PPS. The line will restart tomorrow with first pins expected to ship out next week. These pins are initially stainless, followed by some black & gold

#5393 8 years ago

IMG951691.jpgIMG951691.jpg

#5394 8 years ago

I just saw a SS in person today.... I am so glad that I ordered one. They look unbelievable.... very BUTTERY! Makes me want to eat a stack of bacon

#5395 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Good news, great even, from PPS. The line will restart tomorrow with first pins expected to ship out next week. These pins are initially stainless, followed by some black & gold

http://media1.giphy.com/media/z91tFIwWZOJq0/giphy.gif

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5396 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

My distributor contacted me today to verify that my color trim choice was black.

My distributor contacted me as well to confirm my choice of trim color.

#5397 8 years ago

WHEN were these originally supposed to all deliver? Q4 2014? Q1 2015?

#5398 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Starting 2Q14 is what I remember from the Expo announcement.

#5399 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

April 2014 - 6months from announcement

#5400 8 years ago

WOW, that is insane to me. Just aweful project management by PPS?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.