E9lnYUU (resized).jpg
20160902_030341 (resized).jpg
IMG_4259 (resized).JPG
LOTR_O-R-C_Multipiers_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
CaptureKISS_(resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).JPG
whatcha-gonna-code_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#526 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Australians, the only people on the planet that are more polite then Canadians

You forget the bloody Frenchs

#535 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Myself, I've never really had a thing for French women;

Celine Dion is not French but Canadian (thanks god we're not guilty of that. Blame us for many things, but not Celine Dion)

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I do plan to put my daughter into French immersion though

3 months later
#689 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wheel of Fortune is an extreme example, but that is pathetic. The game plays like a beta.

That's really insulting to Keith P. Johnson, Lyman F. Sheats Jr. and Lonnie D. Ropp...
WoF comes with fairly complete code, with the notable exception of the final wizard mode. I challenge you to finish what's already coded.

#694 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How can it be an insult to them if they weren't ALLOWED to finish it? They weren't. I don't blame them, I blame Stern, which is the proper place for blame in matters of this sort. Keith has shown he's more than willing and able to polish the crap out of pinball code - his latest WoZ 6.06 update is amazing. But maybe that culture of encouraging code polishing long after release is why he's at JJP and not Stern.
Even some beta software is more than "Fairly complete," right? Do you have a WoF? I did for almost a year. I assure you there's a lot more missing than the final wizard mode. Lots of rough edges everywhere that become blatant when you have 24x7 access to a fully working machine. No excuse is good enough to explain why they left it in the condition they did.

Fair enough - and totally true about them not being able to finish it - sadly probably no chance it ever gets completed now that Keith Johnson works for JJP.
What made me react was calling it pathetic. Never owned a WoF but that was the pin at the nearest location from my home for 2 years. Spent a fair amount of $ on that one: I have seen worse than WoF.

#727 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

And btw, this problem will only get worse when DMD moves to led with fancy graphics that take tons longer to develop than DMD dots which almost anyone can do.

This.

And this is the reason why they can charge more for LCD than TMD. Not because the hardware is more expensive - probably the opposite - but because more ressources are needed to "feed" the LCD screen.

An aggravating factor will be related to licence issues. I doubt the people behind the Star Trek movie made a fuss about the DMD animation. Now imagine the same pin with an LCD screen and you will face delays for approval like Dutch Pinball with TBL.

#736 8 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Personally I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they feel what they made is good and complete.

You can't have played X-men just after its release then. I did - never owned it, but was fortunate enough to play one of the first games. I swear you can't start to imagine Stern did not know they were shipping a game with crippled code. It was a shame really.

7 months later
#907 7 years ago

Proposed answer:

Quoted from rubberducks:

He obviously posted the video under a pseudonym, but makes no effort to hide his identity

Quoted from Deez:

Why's he posting on a fake account?

Jared did not post this Video on Youtube; he posted it on Facebook for his audience. It was meant as a joke. But it was reposted elsewhere as a public video by someone else - probably by one of his FB "friends". Taken out of context, you can imagine how damaging effect it can be. Take it for what it is: a joke that was not meant to be reposted on Youtube.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 103.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-stern-and-commitment-to-code-releases?tu=jlm33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.