E9lnYUU (resized).jpg
20160902_030341 (resized).jpg
IMG_4259 (resized).JPG
LOTR_O-R-C_Multipiers_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
CaptureKISS_(resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).JPG
whatcha-gonna-code_(resized).png

There are 1,019 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
#1001 6 years ago

Jared what's going on with the big KISS code update that Jody mentioned back in November? I am definitely not feeling Stern's commitment to code on this game.

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Agree. Hows that commitment to code coming along? Batman66, Kiss etc...

Batman '66 has had a bunch of releases. Nicely being updated.

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Batman '66 has had a bunch of releases. Nicely being updated.

Um, it's still in a crap state. The rate of releases and the sum of those releases still has a game in a terrible spot.

#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Um, it's still in a crap state. The rate of releases and the sum of those releases still has a game in a terrible spot.

Wrong.

#1005 6 years ago

There have not been any updates on anything in a while code wise.

#1006 6 years ago

Very detailed response there.

The game is bad. The code is missing a lot. If they stopped now, it would be the most incomplete game ever released. It's more incomplete than some games that never saw a release. That's crazy. And why would you defend this? To give them more of a pass to drag their feet?

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The game is bad. The code is missing a lot. If they stopped now, it would be the most incomplete game ever released. It's more incomplete than some games that never saw a release. That's crazy. And why would you defend this? To give them more of a pass to drag their feet?

How can a game... based on a pre-existing game and rules (batman dark knight) ... be incomplete?
I get it... they have a lot more graphics on the screen; but ummm.. why isn't the code just an extension of the old game?

IDK; I've I'd paid 15k for a super limited edition... and the code isn't being supported well; it'd be the straw that broke my back.

#1008 6 years ago

Is it really so hard for Stern to give progress reports for code updates?

They can delete FB posts by the bucketload and yet can't say a few words to confirm which games are being worked on?

fa16caffdbe658a3c1050819f00b3cea9663bef8_hq (resized).pngfa16caffdbe658a3c1050819f00b3cea9663bef8_hq (resized).png

#1009 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

How can a game... based on a pre-existing game and rules (batman dark knight) ... be incomplete?
I get it... they have a lot more graphics on the screen; but ummm.. why isn't the code just an extension of the old game?
IDK; I've I'd paid 15k for a super limited edition... and the code isn't being supported well; it'd be the straw that broke my back.

It's not really the same game. There are some common elements, but it's a totally different game.

#1010 6 years ago

Really sad this issue of stern code updates is still going on and even sadder people seem surprised or mad. Having gone through it with xmen and avengers, my expectation is that it can take years to get a game coded right, and even then still not complete. Stern does not care about updating code or at least it's not a priority, they care about selling as many games as possible. You'd think those two things wouldn't be independent, but clearly they are. I'm in on Sw pro, my expectations are low, maybe I'll be surprised. Many People outside of pinside who buy games, and there are a lot of those people, likely have no idea about code updates. I think in the end it will come back to bite stern as JJP excels. The last nib I bought was met and TWD, a year after each had mature code. Prior to that it was IM. I'm taking a gamble on Sw mainly because SR is involved.

#1011 6 years ago

I bet they are working on a Wheel of Fortune update for the ten year anniversary of it's release.

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I bet they are working on a Wheel of Fortune update for the ten year anniversary of it's release.

I'll take that bet. how much you willing to loose on that bet?

#1013 6 years ago

Code updates from Stern in 2017 have come to a crawl, well for all games other than Batman 66. One would think they are working on code for the landing sequence of a new Mars rover with how long they are taking...The wait for KISS owners to receive a code update is beyond ridiculous at this point.

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Very detailed response there.

You're shoveling nonsense. Game has come a long way since release, and Lyman continues to show that he will support it till it's done.

You ask how I can defend this? Lyman.

'Nuff said.

Now, like I've said to you before, I don't waste time arguing with brick walls.

You have yourself a nice day.

Ace (resized).jpgAce (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#1016 6 years ago

Blah blah I shouldn't have said "2 weeks"...no shit right?

#1017 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Blah blah I shouldn't have said "2 weeks"...no shit right?

2 weeks...2 years....what's the difference.

#1018 6 years ago

One thing i do not understand. License holders are very, very, very anal about playfield art. But they do not care 1 single bit when a game has unfinished code for years. Or is even abandoned codewise.

Why don't they demand more quality there?

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

One thing i do not understand. License holders are very, very, very anal about playfield art. But they do not care 1 single bit when a game has unfinished code for years. Or is even abandoned codewise.
Why don't they demand more quality there?

If it is unfinished no one has to see it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 1,019 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-stern-and-commitment-to-code-releases/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.