E9lnYUU (resized).jpg
20160902_030341 (resized).jpg
IMG_4259 (resized).JPG
LOTR_O-R-C_Multipiers_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
CaptureKISS_(resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).JPG
whatcha-gonna-code_(resized).png
There are 1,019 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 21.
#851 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

5 month bump since a Kiss release

5 year bump for Wheel of Fortune code release...

#852 7 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

That's the spirit!!

Never FORGET!

#853 7 years ago

A year and a half since the last Star Trek code....

#854 7 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Yeah and ?

#855 7 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Star trek code was finished a year and a half ago

#856 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Except for the bugs

#857 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

And the promise of another release....

#858 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Except for the bugs

All games have bugs. I guess by that logic games are unfinished. I call a game complete when it's feature complete - star trek, got, and gb all fit this even though there are bugs.

Quoted from flashinstinct:

And the promise of another release....

There was no promise. Mentioning that another release to fix some bugs should come out some day doesn't make everyone entitled. And that's certainly not a promise.

Kiss code isn't in good shape. That definitely needs some work. If Lyman just took it over, figure a good year from when he took it for a decent code drop. That's how he works. All Dwight's games and all lymans current games are in a code complete state. People always comment that gb should come out nice when the code matures. Unfortunately, that game was released with completed code. Instead of giving credit to that fact, you get loads of complaining that Stern doesn't care about code. There's no way to win lol.

#859 7 years ago

How many man hours to code a Stern? Always been curious how long it takes.

#860 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

All games have bugs. I guess by that logic games are unfinished. I call a game complete when it's feature complete - star trek, got, and gb all fit this even though there are bugs.

There was no promise. Mentioning that another release to fix some bugs should come out some day doesn't make everyone entitled. And that's certainly not a promise.
Kiss code isn't in good shape. That definitely needs some work. If Lyman just took it over, figure a good year from when he took it for a decent code drop. That's how he works. All Dwight's games and all lymans current games are in a code complete state. People always comment that gb should come out nice when the code matures. Unfortunately, that game was released with completed code. Instead of giving credit to that fact, you get loads of complaining that Stern doesn't care about code. There's no way to win lol.

This is a problem!

#861 7 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Sad part is that they were willing to provide an update to papa but nobody else

#862 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Considering that I'm bringing WOF to Mad Rollin' and planning to use it for other tournaments and league nights, it sure would be nice to have a copy of the Tourney code! I wouldn't use it in a home environment but it would be nice to de-randomize the game and make it more level when used in competition play.

#863 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you have to replace they with Keith Johnson but I could be very wrong.

#864 7 years ago

Star Trek (18 months), AC/DC (2 years) and KISS (game is still a complete mess after a bunch of updates) are continually mentioned ... but I'm amazed that people aren't chiming in on WWE. It was supposed to receive a series of updates that completely changed and finished the game, but there's been nothing since early this year (itself a year after release), and I sincerely doubt there will be for a very long time, if ever.

Like a number of other major quality issues with Stern games, I can't see the situation changing with semi-abandoned and unfinished games until such time as they employ several more experienced coders. As with everything else, if sufficient time and money aren't invested, quality goods (code) will not result. The little I've seen or heard in the past year, Stern are looking to hire the lowest pay grade, most junior coders possible, not people with the experience or talent who could quickly become an asset and improve matters significantly.

#865 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm amazed that people aren't chiming in on WWE. It was supposed to receive a series of updates that completely changed and finished the game, but there's been nothing since early this year (itself a year after release), and I sincerely doubt there will be for a very long time, if ever.

I see code updates for February, April and May (granted this last one didn't add anything honestly) for WWE. At the rate it is selling though I wouldn't be surprised to see code updates slow down quite a bit considering all the other titles still in production.

#866 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

All games have bugs. I guess by that logic games are unfinished.

really? Every single game released has a bug that affects gameplay?

#867 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm amazed that people aren't chiming in on WWE

Everyone has already realized there's no saving that one.

#868 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Everyone has already realized there's no saving that one.

I think that's due to the general feeling that Stern won't ever finish it.

The design (save for Pro's art package) is by no means bad, but the horrific state the game was released in, and then left to rot in for over a year condemned it to its fate. The minor changes this year in no way make a finished product.

#869 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think that's due to the general feeling that Stern won't ever finish it.
The design (save for Pro's art package) is by no means bad, but the horrific state the game was released in, and then left to rot in for over a year condemned it to its fate. The minor changes this year in no way make a finished product.

What is unfinished? As far as I know, all the features are implemented and the wizard mode is in place. That's a finished game. Let's not confuse a poorly coded game with an unfinished game. Stern needs to implement the full game including all wizard modes. They do not need to keep recoding and tweaking the rules until you (any person reading) thinks the game is great.

#870 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

What is unfinished? As far as I know, all the features are implemented and the wizard mode is in place. That's a finished game. Let's not confuse a poorly coded game with an unfinished game. Stern needs to implement the full game including all wizard modes. They do not need to keep recoding and tweaking the rules until you (any person reading) thinks the game is great.

Can you describe what to do in the game? How you get each belt?

#871 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That's a finished game. Let's not confuse a poorly coded game with an unfinished game.

So lets just all call the games 'poorly coded' and move on with the discussion.

#872 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No, I think the game's terrible and have no interest in the game, the layout, or the theme. But that doesn't mean it's unfinished. It's just not fun. Not every game will be a smash hit.

#873 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Quoted from markmon:

No, I think the game's terrible and have no interest in the game, the layout, or the theme. But that doesn't mean it's unfinished.

TomGWI wins that round.

#874 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

No, I think the game's terrible and have no interest in the game, the layout, or the theme. But that doesn't mean it's unfinished. It's just not fun. Not every game will be a smash hit.

I'm fine you think the game is terrible. I have no problem with that. Most people hate it and I get it.
However, If you don't know what is going on in the game, how can you comment that the game is finished.
Let me tell you, the game is 5x better than the Rolling Stones pin in your collection. I actually speak from experience. I have owned them both. The band is great but the game blows. Rant over.

#875 7 years ago

I think most of the code issues are minor tweaks. Perhaps Stern should outsource or maybe get in a couple of talented interns to round off these rough edges.

There is a very good thread about improvements wanted to the Transformers code. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-new-code-ideas

It shouldn't be too difficult to implement some of these changes without the need for the main programmers to get involved. Obviously stuff like adding video modes can be ignored as too time consuming, and unnecessary.

#876 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I'm fine you think the game is terrible. I have no problem with that. Most people hate it and I get it.
However, If you don't know what is going on in the game, how can you comment that the game is finished.
Let me tell you, the game is 5x better than the Rolling Stones pin in your collection. I actually speak from experience. I have owned them both. The band is great but the game blows. Rant over.

Yea I don't actually own a rolling Stones. It's an iron maiden but since it was self converted, there's no way to update that on pinside.com. The rule set in rolling Stones is a combination Lyman / Lonnie rules set similar to avatar, iron man style. It's actually quite good with some strategic stacking. And there is some decent mini wizard modes and a real wizard mode. The software is good and it's all there. The ramps are wide and have a Steve Ritchie style feel. Once the stones was removed from the game, it has really come alive and is a great game.

IMG_4259 (resized).JPGIMG_4259 (resized).JPG

20160902_030341 (resized).jpg20160902_030341 (resized).jpg

#877 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea I don't actually own a rolling Stones. It's an iron maiden but since it was self converted, there's no way to update that on pinside.com. The rule set in rolling Stones is a combination Lyman / Lonnie rules set similar to avatar, iron man style. It's actually quite good with some strategic stacking. And there is some decent mini wizard modes and a real wizard mode. The software is good and it's all there. The ramps are wide and have a Steve Ritchie style feel. Once the stones was removed from the game, it has really come alive and is a great game.

That looks amazing. Can I hire you to organize my shop?!

#878 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Wow! Looks nice.

#879 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Quoted from markmon:

Quoted from badbilly27:

TomGWI wins that round.

2-0 tomg...

#880 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Played this pin @ the PNW pin show. It rocks!

3 weeks later
#881 7 years ago

How's that code coming Jared?

#882 7 years ago

Stay tuned?

#883 7 years ago

E9lnYUU (resized).jpgE9lnYUU (resized).jpg

#884 7 years ago

Same bat time......same bat channel........

Or I could also say same shit different day.

I am confident a code update for Kiss will eventually drop.

After extetensive play on Kiss there are lots of bugs/issues that need tweaking.

#885 7 years ago

IMG_0905 (resized).JPGIMG_0905 (resized).JPG

#886 7 years ago

I'm still holding out hope that we see lots of code updates at expo. Been way too long since the last update on any machine.

#887 7 years ago

Maybe I need to start posting more meme online. Problem is people don't share squat. Nothing gets a fire under their ass like bad exposure. Not that I want to do it but sometimes it is required. When was the last real update?

#888 7 years ago

Wasnt it WWE?

#889 7 years ago

I doubt stern cares. right now all their chips are on bm 66.

#890 7 years ago

I'm sure it's coming soon. I mean they have a commitment to it. Did you guys not read the thread? I mean no way they'd go months without a single update?

#891 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm still holding out hope that we see lots of code updates at expo. Been way too long since the last update on any machine.

I agree. It's been a dismal year except for the MET update which was a nice surprise. The KISS update was way overdue.... GB updates non existent so far. ST polish still MIA....

Rob

#892 7 years ago

Prediction: one year from now bm66 owners will be crying in this same thread.

#893 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

All 100 of them.

#894 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

How's that code coming Jared?

Looks like he's moved on to more pressing matters.

#895 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like he's moved on to more pressing matters.
» YouTube video

Why's he posting on a fake account?

#896 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Why's he posting on a fake account?

I have no idea. I couldn't even make it thru 10 seconds of his rant.

But somebody had posted it another thread so I figured if everybody wanted to know what Stern's spokesman in regards to code updates was up to, this would be the place to leave it.

#897 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have no idea. I couldn't even make it thru 10 seconds of his rant.

Yeah I turned it off. What a turd.

#898 7 years ago

Never had Chick-fil-A actually.

#899 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Never had Chick-fil-A actually.

Don't. It tastes good going in, but doesn't sit well once it's there.

#900 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

My prediction: four years from now bm66 owners will be crying in this same thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 103.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 1,019 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-stern-and-commitment-to-code-releases/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.